Malicia: Dark Heroine!

Re: Malicia: Dark Heroine!

Postby Avaren » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 am

Godz321 Wrote:It looked really good and nice. I only saw real issues with being able to go negative in health. And the frequency of the enemies was to high.

the health thing is because she hasn't added an reaction to hp=<0

pretty sure that's posted on this thread somewhere
Avaren
Newly Registered

Postby Zoque » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 am

So after playing for about 30 minutes I found that your damage roller seems to be a bit off (perhaps) and by that I mean a level 2 wolf was hitting on average for the same amount as a level 5 wolf. To make that a little more clear I mean on average most monsters of all levels hit for the same amount on what ever hero your playing. There are of course the extremes where a level 7 anything suddenly hits the champ for 24 which seems like a fairly steep damage scale considering that one screen previous they where only hitting for 6. Having made a few text based games for the giggles perhaps making the level be part of a mod roll for the damage like (this is in c++ cause I'm not sure what flash runs on)

int diceRoll(20,7){
return ((RANDMAX() * 20)+1) % 7;
}

where 20 is used in a basic dice roll and 7 is the modifier for brawn, or some such. This snippet certainly wouldn't work looking back but something similar would keep the damage scaling from going from feather hits to sledge hammers at the drop of a screen. :P
Zoque
Newly Registered

Postby riddlebox1321 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 am

Very nice game so far, it's as if Pokemon were fused with Zelda and a hint of originality was added to season the recipe... ;-)
My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Postby Kusanagi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:10 am

So, aside from what has already been said, only complaint is that I can't tell what a move does until I actually learn it and use it. Even just an option to be able to purchase a book for my lair that'll tell me what moves have what elemental attributes, or what status effects they induce, would be nice. Kinda annoying when I swap out a damage move for a status inducing move that I thought was a damage move =/

Also, maybe make an option where we can upgrade the look of our lair by purchasing something in the store? Or perhaps give us objects in the world we can collect to spruce the place up, as well as get some soul fragments for taking them?

EDIT: Slightly concerned about the abilities the party members will come with when they're already leveled. Right now it's not an issue, but if we were to ever get someone at lvl 20, the status buff (or debuff) that each member gets will be automatically replaced by an attack ability that already shares an elemental type with the previous attack ability they learn, thus giving us a redundant skill while also getting rid of a (debatably) useful skill.

Also, the monster repel/attract spells, at least for me, didn't seem to make any difference.

One more thing, just a thought, but maybe make a shortcut to a member that only the member that's strong against them can use, i.e. a shortcut to the Guard for the Monk via a stone in the water, or a stone for the Guard to break that allows her easy access to the Witch. I know their current placement is kinda random, but it's just a thought for future placement. Others could still get to them, it'd just take a bit of a longer walk. Then again, the Paladin and Witch don't have overworld abilities, and I'd assume any future members wouldn't all have them either, so idk.
Kusanagi
Newly Registered

Postby RedUnit10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Improvement Suggestions:

Well right off the bat you should have a way to change the controls for movement from ASDW to Arrow Keys, not everyone is left handed. Just controlling the characters in the over world was difficult, I kept having to look away to see what keys I was hitting.

Random encounters can often be at time too much, at one point I was running into a monster every few steps.

The possession animation look odd when one of the girls has armor or a skirt where the lower tentacle enters, changing the animation so the armor or skirt is removed or pulled to the side or up would help this.

There should be a better correlation between Soul Fragments collected and Monster level, I would fight a level five creatures and get 51 gems and then fight a level 3 and get 76 gems.

You should be able to purchase and active more then one scroll at a time, or perhaps have combination scrolls.

Sounds like you have some cool ideas not yet implemented, look forward to seeing those.

Monster Ideas:

Slime - A pretty simple monster, most RPGs have some kind of slime in them. When it attacks, it changes shape to a hammer or other weapon. Special attack "Bind", like "Flash" it stops the player from doing anything for a few turns.

Insect - Like a wasp or a praying mantis, since most of the over world thus far is forrest they would be a common enemy. Attacking animation for a wasp could be it stinging, and its special attack involves shooting a poison stinger. Praying mantis attacks with its scythe like arms, not sure about a special attack for this one.

Orc - Low intelligence pig-man creature. Carries a mace and buckler with some leather armor, higher levels of Orc could be equipped with steel armor, a tower shield, a war hammer, and could be of a different color. (red perhaps, with lower level orcs being green) Physical attacking type, its special attack could be a war cry which boots its attack and physical defense.

Centaur - Fast attacking type monster, uses a spear and its speed. Attacks by stabbing with the spear, its special attack could be a rush or trample attack which has the possibility of stunning the player.

Plenty more monster ideas, but I'll just list these few for now.

Female Idea:

Rouge - Fast attacking type, uses daggers. Attacks by slashing with her daggers, her special attack could be a poison based attack that has a change of poisoning the enemy.

Only of idea for additional females, I could come up with more but its easier for me to think up fantasy monsters then class based females.
RedUnit10

Postby Dragonherald » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:16 am

I love the game, but as with everything there is room for improvement here are some of my suggestions:

1. Having space bar as the main interacting button would probably be less cumbersome than using the "e" button.
2. i feel the environment is a little too narrow, with all the specific paths you must take to move from one area to another
3. As a solution for the random battles you can have npcs, or sprites roaming the environment that attack when you talk to them, the same way the girls attack you when u talk to them, making the monster battles
more optional and allowing you to open up the environment more, while you can force battles by narrowing specific paths and placing a enemy in the way.
4. The fight against the Paladin was difficult as the blind is too overpowering. I was blinded for ten turns in a row, so making a limit or something would be great.

I loved that lvls transferred no matter what character you played making the game a lot less grindy

So far an awesome game, love the art. Keep up the good work!
Dragonherald
Newly Registered

Postby Mandible23 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm

LOL you soooooooo stole this from Legend of Zelda: Four swords
Mandible23
Newly Registered

Postby RedUnit10 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Mandible23 Wrote:LOL you soooooooo stole this from Legend of Zelda: Four swords

Troll detected.
RedUnit10

Postby Riplead » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Is there going to be more fun, dark humored dialogue? Also please, more Archer references, and if you throw an Arrested Development reference in I will literally track you down and tentacle rape love you.
Riplead

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:47 am

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3131 and with this, the thread draws to a close. GG.
Lucky777

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:27 pm

Rise, my champion
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby VintageBass » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:55 pm

So more of a turn based RPG in the style of Final Fantasy... where you can turn women into freaky spider demons...

OK, this has certainly turned interesting.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:11 pm

VintageBass Wrote:So more of a turn based RPG in the style of Final Fantasy... where you can turn women into freaky spider demons...

OK, this has certainly turned interesting.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Hero_4.swf [ 417.2 KiB | Viewed 3204 times ]

Who says its just freaky spider chicks?
GoRepeat

Postby Gidshri » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Lol! Looks intresting! :)

P.S. GoRepeat is alive! Peoples open the wine and champagne! Fallout4 released him! Hooray! :D
Gidshri

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Gidshri Wrote:Lol! Looks intresting! :)

P.S. GoRepeat is alive! Peoples open the wine and champagne! Fallout4 released him! Hooray! :D

False, Automatron DLC just came out ;)
GoRepeat

Postby VintageBass » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:05 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:Who says its just freaky spider chicks?

Hmmm, I do like the tree form the girl can take. Also randomization, cool

GoRepeat Wrote:False, Automatron DLC just came out ;)

I was wondering if that's DLC... if only my PC can handle it.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Gidshri » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:29 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:
Gidshri Wrote:Lol! Looks intresting! :)

False, Automatron DLC just came out ;)

Oh my god... Noooooooo... o_O
Gidshri

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:16 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:Rise, my champion
: D

GoRepeat Wrote:Automatron DLC just came out ;)
: o

The fact that the spider appears to be making Jutsu hand-seals cracks me up more than I'd like to admit.
Lucky777

Postby KakarotoSama » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:54 pm

It looks a pretty good idea for just a start.
KakarotoSama
Newly Registered

Postby Truncatedshark » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Yo wtf this is looking amazing. Really liking the style.
Truncatedshark
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop