About the Resources Forum

A place to post shared animations, character models, sounds, artwork and more for others to use. It's all about collaboration baby!

About the Resources Forum

Postby Renara » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:06 pm

The purpose of this forum is provide a place where content creators can share resources for anybody to use. Perfect candidates include character models, animations, sound effects, artwork, code snippets etc. You can even share an game's entire source files, finished or unfinished, if you like!

By posting content in this sub-forum you agree that:

• You created it or have permission to post it.
  • Unless you specify a license then it is assumed that anyone can freely use your content in their own animations, games etc. so long as appropriate credit is due (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International)*

If you use resources shared in this sub-forum then please respect any license restrictions given by the creator (if any) and always give appropriate credit somewhere in your game (preferably with a link to the creator's thread or forum profile here).

We'd like this to be a place encouraging collaboration by sharing resources; many games on here use character models or animations shared from earlier works, and it'd be nice to see that tradition of community spirit continue!

Naturally you should also follow all the other forum rules as normal ;)

*We recommend against being too restrictive with how your resources may be used; while we will deal with any clear offences brought to our attention here on the forums, we can't do much more than that, plus the more freely something can be used, the more collaboration it encourages.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Re: About the Resources Forum

Postby kvier » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Maybe it'd be worth encouraging people to explicitly release their material under a well-known license? (e.g. CC-0, CC-BY, whatever)
kvier

Re: About the Resources Forum

Postby Renara » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:04 am

It looks like the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License is the most common where, where the only real requirement is that credit is given where it's due. We're not really equipped to police license violations, but if an author lets us know of unauthorised uses on the forums themselves we can deal with it, but I think in general it's best to just allow free sharing of the content.

Also wanted to add that while I moved some resources over manually from Flash Projects and the locked Creative Corner threads, there's a lot that I didn't move (there's a lot in there!), I'm going to wait until I can make a tool to search for attachments by type; unfortunately it's not an easy thing to do on the current version of the forums, so I may leave that until after we upgrade some time this year.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Return to Resources