The Plan 2.0

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: The Plan 2.0

Postby Vyksen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:00 am

Question! I don't know if anyone else has asked this or not...
But...
Is there an expected release date?
Vyksen

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:29 am

considering version 0.2 just came out like this past monday, we don't have any release dates planned, and as i'm not one of the ones doing the technical work i couldn't even give you a rough release date for version 0.3
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Renara » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:28 pm

Vyksen Wrote:Is there an expected release date?

"When it's done", wait a minute I've heard that somewhere else before... :D

But yeah; can't really say, we might give a conservative estimate when we have a better idea of how things are going, but it's early days yet. The developer pre-release will come out earlier, a few weeks maybe, but that again depends what exactly is included as we want to give creative community members plenty to work with.

v0.2.1 might be out around about the same time as the pre-release, it'll be mostly bug-fixes and a few extra idle animations though.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby sileist » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:30 pm

I have a small history for the poke-world:
When she goo to poke-world the first that see is a male trainer fucking with her pokemon, a female gardevoir, so krystal has to fuck with the trainer too and then gardevoir say that the gym leader probably could help she for find fox and gardevoir gives her a few pokeballs. In the nexts zones she fuck with males pokemon and cacth then, in others zones fight with trainers(female trainers can be yesi, i love se *-*) with the female trainers krystal fuck hers pokemons and the pokemon of krystal fuck the trainer and with males trainers krystal fuck the trainer and te pokemons betwen them(always female with male, i dont whant gay scenes u^^) Then she find a poke center and nurse joy "heal" the krystal pokemons. She find the gym with misti how leader, sex battle and she tell krystall that in a mistery cave was a pokemon that know all. In the entry of the cave there is the official jenny that does not leave you to enter, the pokemons of krystal work(sex) and krystal pass, in the cave it was mewtwo that fuck krystal and teleport to other world.
Sorry for my english, I´m spanish... U_U
sileist

Postby Vyksen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:24 pm

sileist Wrote: it was mewtwo that fuck krystal and teleport to other world.

YES!!! I'm ALL for the Mewtwo idea.
I already drew a Mewtwo draft, and tried my best to mimic PS's style. But I think it'll have to be edited by a few people. I can't animate or anything, only dish out concept pictures.

And as for the release date, okay. Thank you anyways. You all seem to be working pretty fast though. When did PlayShapes release the original game?
Vyksen

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm

sileist you might want to put that in the AI thread as that seems to be the gathering point for new ideas from the community. There's parts in that post I think we could use.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby sileist » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 pm

ok I move it sorry ^^
sileist

Postby Procon300 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Is this finished where can I find it
Procon300

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:12 am

No, it's NOT. They're developing it, and if you had read carefully, you'd have known.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Draekyr » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi, I was wondering, about how much has been done in terms of converting things to AS3? The other day I was thinking of trying some AS3-specific stuff on the characters, but realized that I'd have to go through a whole ton of scripts to update certain functions and stuff from AS2 to their AS3 equivalent, and before I went to all that trouble, I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time in case someone else already did it. I'm also kind of curious as to whether the conversion process is being done by one central team of people who'll release the whole thing in one piece when they're finished, or if there's some kind of list of tasks that need finishing that anyone can volunteer for?
Draekyr

Postby Renara » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:32 am

Short answer; a lot :)

Practically everything will have an ActionScript class controlling most of its behaviour, with only the odd function call here and there to make things work. Progress is still relatively slow as I'm doing it myself till I'm happy that it's all on the right track, so until then we're not looking for more scripters, but I think I can safely say that the code for v0.3 will be nothing like the code for v0.1 and v0.2. It'll likely require some reading of the documentation to understand, but it's going to be capable of a lot more. The stuff listed for the game-engine in the first post of this thread does very little to convey what it can, or rather will, do :)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby ChaoticPiñata » Mon May 17, 2010 11:24 pm

*Cough*
How far is 0.3 from completion? Are you guys coding? Is Renara getting headaches from all the work? Is Kal still working on concept art? Are you guys working on running? Making the map bigger? Plotting the story? Making scenes? Procrastinating? All of the above?
The anticipation! I have been lurking this forum as a guest from the start, and I really LOVE the work being done here, the few spoilers we get look fantastic.
Maybe another spoiler would help...

I hate to sound impatient, I don't want to come across like that, its better to take longer and release a better version than to rush it and have huge quality/quantity issues.
ChaoticPiñata

Postby Renara » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 am

Well, a combination of Kalypso's and pToon-T's work as pToon-T is now our line artist from which Kal creates the vectorised forms of each character.

ChaoticPiñata Wrote:Maybe another spoiler would help...

Krystal's now a dude! Spoiled it for you? :D
More seriously though hmm, Kal and pToon-T have been working hard on characters, I've been still bashing away at the engine, the team as a whole has been discussing a bit of the v0.4 story and how it affects the ending of v0.3, progress continues!
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Krystal is NOT a dude, you've mixed her up with Marcus. They look alike from afar.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Kalypso » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:44 pm

DemonFiren Wrote:Krystal is NOT a dude, you've mixed her up with Marcus. They look alike from afar.

I'm really hoping you understood Ren's sarcasm there, Demon. xD
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:04 pm

I did. Just wanted to show a frightening possibility.
DemonFiren

Postby ChaoticPiñata » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:12 am

I just want 0.3 to be finally finished, because I have a feeling if you guys come out with something REALLY great(which, by the quality of work seen, you will) more animators and artists and coders will get interested, because as far as it goes, all I do is bother you guys, no content at all. More crew=more quality work, faster. I suck at anything to do with flash and art though, like quite a few lurkers on this forum(as I suspect).
ChaoticPiñata

Postby Sainiku » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:53 am

ChaoticPiñata Wrote:More crew=more quality work, faster.

Not always true.
"Whatever. I'll just eat you up. Bones and all!" -Juri
Sainiku

Postby Kryger » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:06 pm

EXAMPLE:

You get 5 pros kicking ass in a raid.
You get 15 noobs wiping your party.
WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
You are no God to me. This is a Reckoning.
You are nothing to me. This is a Reckoning.
Kryger

Postby magnusadder » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:55 pm

5 pros, the 15 noobs get the job done but its not going to be pretty, practiced, and with little to no strategy... how it is done is just as improtant as the number of people working on it...
knowledge is juicy and sweet like an apple, but it more addictive then even the most potent of drugs. so i ask you as eve once asked Adam and the serpent asked her before. "care for a bite?"
magnusadder

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal