Hunter in the Black ver1.2 [RAGS Game] + Change in Direction

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Hunter in the Black ver1.2 [RAGS Game] + Change in Direction

Postby saionji11 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:37 am

A couple of announcements. First, I've added a simplified version of the tunnel system to version 1.2. Hopefully it will allow people who have struggled with the tunnel system to reach the rest of the game.

Secondly, I have decided that instead of creating graphics for the story many of you have already played, I will instead focus on developing version 2.0. This will mean new areas to explore, new and returning characters, as well as a deeper modification system for the main character and as his 'guests'. Additional details in spoiler section.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

• The events following the destruction of Anton's data tube.
  • Explore the areas in and around the Chronos genetic lab.
  • New encounters with Zee as she works to track you down, but will she be alone?
  • A minimum of three layers of training/modification for Cass.
  • A minimum of two layers of training for other characters.
  • Implementation of the player modification system.

I have also reworked my Patreon page. I've changed my donation levels, and if I am able to reach my new goals, I will be able to bring you new versions of the game significantly faster with better content. There is also the potential for bonus game content such as additional layers of training, even a sizable bonus area chock full of new characters and encounters.

------------------------------------

Synopsis - You have awoken with a head full memories that are not your own. Even with these memories, you don't recognize any of your surroundings. Even your body seems strange. Who are you? Where are you? What are you? Were you born, or built? Perhaps most importantly, are you less than human, or perhaps something more?

Game Link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/exq5x ... k_v1.2.rag

Designed for RAGS ver 2.4.14
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d900x ... 2.4.14.exe

6/2/15 - I've uploaded a new version with a number of bugfixes.
6/3/15 - Fixed bug that prevented optional encounter in silo house from triggering correctly.
6/12/15 - Ver 1.1 - Numerous bug fixes

[MOD EDIT] Removed Patreon link
Last edited by saionji11 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
saionji11

Re: Hunter in the Black [RAGS Game]

Postby Frurose » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:01 am

I just Finished playing the first chapter and I was quite impressed with what you have so far. That was a lot of story/game and I'm going to be watching for your updates.
Frurose

Postby ProDerp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:11 am

Literally made an account on here just to say: I absolutely loved the first chapter! I'm totally digging it and can't wait for more. I enjoy how I don't have to be a sex craved monster and can ignore those impulses and be a good guy. It may or may not have been within your plan but personally I enjoy playing as a female in games, maybe an option for upgrades could be more female rather than male? Either way, you have a vision for this story/game and I'm totally behind it!
ProDerp
Newly Registered

Postby saionji11 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:53 am

Thank you both for your comments! I'm really glad you enjoyed the game so far.

ProDerp Wrote:Literally made an account on here just to say: I absolutely loved the first chapter! I'm totally digging it and can't wait for more. I enjoy how I don't have to be a sex craved monster and can ignore those impulses and be a good guy. It may or may not have been within your plan but personally I enjoy playing as a female in games, maybe an option for upgrades could be more female rather than male? Either way, you have a vision for this story/game and I'm totally behind it!

This particular game will primarily be told from a male perspective, but this isn't the only game concept I have. Once I'm further along in my development of HitB, and if I have enough time, I'll start working on those other ideas as well.

For now I'm focusing on developing graphics for the game. I'm no expert, but I'm hoping to have some examples to share soon. So keep an eye out, and thank you again for playing!
saionji11

Postby Pompous_Fool » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:59 am

I'm not complaining at all I just wanted to know if you would mine making the main character Quadruped preferring to move on all 4 limbs(not saying that he all ways needs to just wile moving long distances or while moving fast) I say this because the tail attached to his upper back and head makes me personally think he would travel easier on all four limbs instead of two I say this because most animals that have tails use them for balance while running and or turning and if you think about it if you had a long tendon coming out of your back wouldn't that put you off balance a bit while standing on two legs
I did enjoy the game alot I only wish you could make it more open like a sandbox kinda like fenoxo Trials In Tainted Space or Corruption Of Champions
i love the the aliens reference its cool as all hell

if you need any ideas or help on something ide be glade to help just leave a response hear and ill get back to you
link to fenoxos playlist
http://www.fenoxo.com/play/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHja6I7P5Do
Pompous_Fool
Newly Registered

Postby Weirdo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:10 am

Okay im not rly sure but i think ive encountered a rly annoying bug or im just too dump to figure out what to do.

So i encountered the woman at the silo and brought her to the ship and after i got rib of her clothes completely and "played a bit with he body" u have to choose if u want to wake her up for whats coming next or leave her unconsious and i choose to wake her up and after that ur charakter says something like "i want to wake her up bot how" and i tried everything but im not able to wake her up somehow and i can leave cause when i try to leave he says "I went to all the trouble of bringing her here. I can't just leave now." so im stuck literally on the first sexscene i was about to get =/
Weirdo

Postby OmegaScales » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:21 am

Use the wrist computer to ask Anton about waking her up.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby Weirdo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:27 am

i cant do that apparently there is just examine, remove, drop
Weirdo

Postby saionji11 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:04 am

There's a chance you've already asked anton about waking her up. Is there a bottle of nasal spray in the room?
saionji11

Postby Weirdo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 pm

okay i just started all over again and

now i was able to get her into the observation cell this time but no there was never an option to get a nasal spray

i guess my safe was just fcked up cause i safed and loaded on a "bad" moment?!

but now that i played through chapter 1 i just want to say its realy nice writen and the story is pretty nice so far

even though i was rly mad to play it again cause something bugged out =/
Weirdo

Postby kvier » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:39 am

I think I found a bug?

Can't say this is the only way to reproduce it, but, if you

have a mouth
and rescued Cassandra
and strip her completely
and don't wake her up
and go down on her
when you're done Anton will talk to you
and you deny him the opportunity to skeeve on her
so Cassandra will still be in the room
but you can't use the wall panel to move her anymore
so you can't leave
but you already did things so you can't do them again
kvier

Postby saionji11 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:47 am

Tsch! Thought that was stomped out. :x

Thanks Kvier, I'll look into it.
saionji11

Re: Hunter in the Black [RAGS Game] + Sample Images

Postby lukazil » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:38 am

Looking good, can't wait for more ^.^
lukazil
Newly Registered

Re: Hunter in the Black ver1.2 [RAGS Game] + Change in Direc

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:24 pm

This game looks amazing! I love the sci-fi setting and the atypical perspective.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Steffy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Cannot open the game, only getting an error: Sorry, this RAGS game file is unreadable.
Steffy
Newly Registered

Postby saionji11 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Steffy Wrote:Cannot open the game, only getting an error: Sorry, this RAGS game file is unreadable.

Sorry I haven't responded till now. There are a number of reasons this can occur. First I'd make sure you're using the correct version of RAGS. Past that, i recently saw a thread on hypnotics collective discussing this issue. You may find something there that will help.

http://www.hypnopics-collective.net/smf ... ic=21302.0
saionji11

Postby Duplicity » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:58 am

How is the next version progressing? I really like this game and hope it is going well.
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Sunaste » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:13 am

I'm unable to move past the residential area, it keeps telling me there is something I need to find in the room even though I have done all of the actions on all of the beds (examine and search). The game wont let me do anything but examine the 3rd bed.
Sunaste
Newly Registered

Postby Scottyboy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:09 pm

examine the light switch
Scottyboy

Postby Sunaste » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:03 am

I think I found the problem, if you have not turned on the power you are unable to turn on the lights so I became stuck in the room.
Sunaste
Newly Registered

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects