Looking for writers that'd like to help with LEWD

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Looking for writers that'd like to help with LEWD

Postby Sadako » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey again. I'm looking for at least one more writer that'd like to help make something great with my game.

Most of the details on what you need to know and how to submit an application should be here: http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=460

If you can help, give it a shot. Or if you know someone that is a good writer and would like to work on a game like this, send them my way.
Hopefully with there being a lot of good RPers on this forum, perhaps there's a few that are cut out for it.

The deadline is October 1st, but if someone amazing applies before September, I could probably get them on the team and started then.
Last edited by Sadako on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I've opened up writing tryouts again
Sadako

Re: Looking for writers that'd like to help with LEWD

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 am

Here goes nothing.
Wait. could you explain what this is about?
Iv'e no idea what this is.
I don't know if there is a job "description" on the website itself. Will you be required to write adult contents?
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby Sadako » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Yes, all those details, ie the "job description", is there in that post that I linked to. It says you need to be able to write sexy stuff.
Sadako

Postby VintageBass » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:43 pm

But I want to know how to get in contact and how to submit. I'm very much interested in this opportunity!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Sadako » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 pm

It's all there in the post I linked. D:

How to submit, what to submit, what will be expected of you as a dev, compensation, etc.
Sadako

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:00 am

Even though this may not end the way I want, with a project this ambitious, I've got to try out for it.

[Edit]
Gosh, I'm sorry, so from what I can understand, the /tryout.php basically requires you to comprehend the entire tutorial? I'm sorry but the tutorial is extremely difficult to comprehend. Am I basically going to need to know how the whole thing works?
Last edited by MajorMajorMajorMajor on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby Sadako » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Aha, yeah. It's a big undertaking. That's why I need the best writers to help that I can find~
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:33 pm

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:[Edit]
Gosh, I'm sorry, so from what I can understand, the /tryout.php basically requires you to comprehend the entire tutorial? I'm sorry but the tutorial is extremely difficult to comprehend. Am I basically going to need to know how the whole thing works?

Somewhat. It's not easy, but it's not real coding or terribly hard either.
I need people that can understand that stuff as it makes things go much faster and more smoothly. I need to spend my time doing the real programming.

If you like the game and just want to submit writing and stories, there is a section of the forums for that.
Last edited by Sadako on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sadako

Postby VintageBass » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Sadako Wrote:If you like the game and just want to submit writing and stories, there is a section of the forums for that.

Eh, I rather help with the game whatever way possible and then submit my own stories once I get the ball rolling on my end. Sounds good?
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Sadako » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Sure, you can do that.

I am still looking for at least one person that fits those criteria to join the team, though.
Sadako

Postby VintageBass » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Sadako Wrote:I am still looking for at least one person that fits those criteria to join the team, though.

I'll look into it this weekend and try something out.
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:38 am

Sadako Wrote:
MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:[Edit]

Somewhat. It's not easy, but it's not real coding or terribly hard either.
I need people that can understand that stuff as it makes things go much faster and more smoothly. I need to spend my time doing the real programming.

If you like the game and just want to submit writing and stories, there is a section of the forums for that.

What's the difference between someone just submitting writing and stories and a real writer? I don't suppose someone in the forums could end up contributing more than a real writer.
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby OmegaScales » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:17 am

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:What's the difference between someone just submitting writing and stories and a real writer?

Well, a writer is required to submit a certain amount of content by the end of specific amount of time. In this case, 10,000 words a month. Anyone else could submit, for example, 20,000 words one month, skip a month, submit 5,000, skip 3 months, submit 100,000...

... Honestly 10,000 a month isn't really that much. Some writers get upwards of 2,000 words an hour. Times, say, 6 hours a day, 12,000 words a day, times 30 days a month, 360,000 words a month.

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:I don't suppose someone in the forums could end up contributing more than a real writer.

Sure, it's possible. Not very lucrative though.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby Scarlett » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:14 pm

I can help with u proyect :3
Scarlett
Newly Registered

Postby Sadako » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:58 am

Yeah. 10,000 words isn't much, but interestingly enough a lot of people have scoffed at that requirement and say it's a lot. A number of writers write 1 or 2 entire novels per month. I would really hope writers can submit closer to 30k-50k per month.
When I first made LEWD, the prototype/pre-alpha that was up before, I made that in about 6-8 weeks total. I wrote over 60,000 words in that time, in addition to programming the server and client for it from scratch(which definitely took most of the time). This was also before I had the nice tool made that makes is soooo much easier to get the content actually in game and working and I instead had to hand format some JSON. 10,000 words of finished content is what I figure most practiced writers can do in a weekend or two.
Only asking for people to do less than 5% what I do, just that they do it with good quality, and I'm giving more than half my Patreon that I recently set up for that.

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:What's the difference between someone just submitting writing and stories and a real writer? I don't suppose someone in the forums could end up contributing more than a real writer.

Eh I mean, there's a world of difference. There's more responsibility. A developer is more like a part time employee, or independent contractor.
They can't just write whatever they want and hope a dev puts it in the game. They are responsible for helping make sure the game is good and quality, with fully finished and edited writing, it scripted properly to do all the things they want it to do, etc. It's work.

When people just submit some story, they are typically more self-serving about it. It might not fit well into any particular part of the story (and an overarching story is important, rather than it just being a repository of sex scenes). It can need heavy editing for it work in the game.

The idea is really to have many characters in the game to have as much writing for them as an entire novel, which is hard to make work with people submitting bits and pieces. That said, they certainly can, but it doesn't help nearly as much as someone who is dedicated, motivated, and capable enough to be on the team.
Sadako

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 am

Question:Why does one step of the tutorial tell me that things hive-bbot-patrol are submissions, while later on the tutorial says anything below test is a submission?

Also, just wanted to point out I think there is a typo here, in this part: "Events are are the top and sets the point at which the statement will be executed. Click the dropdown and you can hover over the list of events and they will state what sort of data they pass in the "this" context. "this" are always useful as a quick way to access some objects that have to do with what you're curently working with. In this case, (object)this psuenonymous with (scenario)this and is the same as (scenario)wilderness-greeter. Conditionals are the "if" lines in green which you don't see here. If a conditional passes, the logic iterates down the list.
Functions are the actual functional actions that do something, well, functional."
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby Sadako » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:18 am

MajorMajorMajorMajor Wrote:Question:Why does one step of the tutorial tell me that things hive-bbot-patrol are submissions, while later on the tutorial says anything below test is a submission?

Also, just wanted to point out I think there is a typo here, in this part: "Events are are the top and sets the point at which the statement will be executed. Click the dropdown and you can hover over the list of events and they will state what sort of data they pass in the "this" context. "this" are always useful as a quick way to access some objects that have to do with what you're curently working with. In this case, (object)this psuenonymous with (scenario)this and is the same as (scenario)wilderness-greeter. Conditionals are the "if" lines in green which you don't see here. If a conditional passes, the logic iterates down the list.
Functions are the actual functional actions that do something, well, functional."

Miswrote that. Fixed.
Sadako

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:14 pm

I think the biggest barrier to writing for this is understanding the dev tool. Could you answer questions if we have 'em?

Oh, and I thought i'd mention that the dev tool only works for me on small font on my computer, for my resolution. Otherwise, text overflows some boxes.
MajorMajorMajorMajor

Postby Sadako » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:15 am

I help out the current writers, but people need to show that they can understand what the basics that tutorial tells them, at least. Like it says, you don't need a mastery of it to submit something and apply to be a writer.
Sadako

Postby Riptide » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:37 am

Is this still going on?
Riptide

Next

Return to General