The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/5: 200+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/25]

Postby lostone2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Nomad Wrote:
Sierra Lee Wrote: In this case, the warning came before entering the forest to find Varia.

i was wondering about that actually...unless i remember it wrong i could still travel around and visit side areas after getting Varia. Why was the warning there?
Are only specific quests locked and areas like the merchant camp and the side passage in devils pass are not? I tried to maximize exp for everyone so i held of doing those until i had all the party members.

No you can't roam freely after getting Varia (to be precise, you can't do it once that you enter the forest). There are no specific quests in the forest but you can find some equipment (hint: check the skeletons). To maximize the experience, check every section of the three areas (but in the previously two familiar ones there like a couple of monsters top.
lostone2

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Nomad Wrote:
Sierra Lee Wrote: In this case, the warning came before entering the forest to find Varia.

i was wondering about that actually...unless i remember it wrong i could still travel around and visit side areas after getting Varia. Why was the warning there?
Are only specific quests locked and areas like the merchant camp and the side passage in devils pass are not? I tried to maximize exp for everyone so i held of doing those until i had all the party members.

I expected people to enter the forest last, but it's not the only requirement to advance to the next section. If you want to get characters first and then go other places, hold off on revisiting Feroholm.
Sierra Lee

Postby evildumdum » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:58 pm

I've found a slight problem with the current version. When you re-visit the forest you get the option to go to the old bandit ambush site where you find the first cache and succubus. If you go into that cave and up onto the cliff, then try to exit, you cannot escape since the boulders can't be pushed from the other side to let you out. The only way to escape is to revert to a previous save file which is annoying if you haven't saved for a while and just wanted to see if the area had anything new.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Nomad » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:07 pm

you can jump down from the ledge at the sparkling point, evildumdum
Nomad

Postby thetruemog » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:56 am

We need to make a wiki/walkthrough for this game... also in version 10.1 do you have a person to wear the shining armour and sword ? I'm trying to see if I should sell it or not
thetruemog

Postby musical74 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:16 am

Unless that has changed, you can't get rid of the shining sword/armor - you couldn't in version 9 anyway. No one (outside of the chosen, who you get rid of really early) seems to use it either...(still haven't seen the new stuff though, so maybe there's a use for them now?)
musical74

Postby Nomad » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:42 am

you can find more shining equipment throughout the game so i would guess that it has a use later.
and musical74 is right, you cannot sell the shining armor and swords, afaik.
Nomad

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:41 am

A wiki was recently started:
(FUTURE EDIT: These are the appropriate links:
https://thelastsovereign.miraheze.org/w ... reign_Wiki
https://thelastsovereign.flarum.cloud/)

The Shining items are collectables, not equipment. Keep gathering them and it will be worth it eventually.
Last edited by Sierra Lee on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sierra Lee

Postby lostone2 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote:A wiki was recently started:
http://thelastsovereign.wikia.com/wiki/ ... eign_Wikia

The Shining items are collectables, not equipment. Keep gathering them and it will be worth it eventually.

The Shining Armors are collectibles too? Because you can still buy them at Premium Steel...

SAinPS.jpg
SAinPS.jpg (105.85 KiB) Viewed 1833 times

thetruemog Wrote:We need to make a wiki/walkthrough for this game... also in version 10.1 do you have a person to wear the shining armour and sword ? I'm trying to see if I should sell it or not

The walkthrough part of the wiki is complete and its divided in three pages: Walkthrough, Quests and Bosses. Also the first draft of the Secrets and Collectibles page is already online.
Last edited by lostone2 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lostone2

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:52 am

lostone2 Wrote:The Shining Armors are collectibles too? Because you can still buy them at Premium Steel...

They're worth keeping around, but they're not finite like the swords, so Premium Steel is the way I intended.
Sierra Lee

Postby Devour » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:48 am

You know every time I come on here I have to compliment you on your quality of work. Although I have this self inflicted wound of not playing your game in till every other update because I feel like I will complete what you have to fast ;= w=. Anyway, I was wandering if there was a way to carry over saves or if I have to start over every time. So far I end up doing the latter because I wasn't sure if each update was compatible. Sorry if you have already answered this.
Devour

Postby lostone2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Devour Wrote:You know every time I come on here I have to compliment you on your quality of work. Although I have this self inflicted wound of not playing your game in till every other update because I feel like I will complete what you have to fast ;= w=. Anyway, I was wandering if there was a way to carry over saves or if I have to start over every time. So far I end up doing the latter because I wasn't sure if each update was compatible. Sorry if you have already answered this.

Except in the great 0.8 update (that included among other things the change of the name). All the saves has been compatible from one version to the next, so there is no trouble there. You just have to copy your saves from the TLS 0.10.1 folder and move them to the 0.11.x folder (when the game closed). You start the game and press Continue to select the Save that you want to carry on.
lostone2

Postby Yamemai » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Uhh, this is a RpgMaker game, and like most flash game, it's a simple task to load from a prior save file, unless the developer did something to break it (like changing/adding things). Anyways, in order to continue on from you last save, just copy/cut/move the save file to the new location, where you game.exe is stored.
Yamemai

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Devour Wrote:You know every time I come on here I have to compliment you on your quality of work. Although I have this self inflicted wound of not playing your game in till every other update because I feel like I will complete what you have to fast ;= w=. Anyway, I was wandering if there was a way to carry over saves or if I have to start over every time. So far I end up doing the latter because I wasn't sure if each update was compatible. Sorry if you have already answered this.

Thanks, glad you're still enjoying it! Anyway, the others are right about being able to transfer your save files between versions. All I have to add is that I am committed to not breaking saves again if at all possible.
Sierra Lee

Postby Ayeka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:53 pm

I get some shining equipment, but no one can use it.

Personally I think including more incubus kings is a mistake. From world where one stupid incubus king is a enemy we get whole bunch. They are unnesesary and they break balance in my humble opinion.
Ayeka

Postby lostone2 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:05 am

Ayeka Wrote:I get some shining equipment, but no one can use it.

Personally I think including more incubus kings is a mistake. From world where one stupid incubus king is a enemy we get whole bunch. They are unnesesary and they break balance in my humble opinion.

Well the magical users (Yarra, Robin and Altina) can use the shining robes and Carina (along with Robin and Altina) can use the Shining Sceptre. It has been already established that the Shining Swords are collectible items, so try to get as much as you can.

Well, if you pay attention to the start of the chapter 1, you see some random guys talking about the happenings. From that point, I already assumed that there were more players involved, and Riala confirms that in her conversations in Yhilin's palace with Simon (she said that he should avoid their attention...) So it's no surprise to me.

Another hint is the title of Chapter 2: Wanderer. If the things would have followed Doomed King's plan, I don't think that Simon would have to wander so much, don't you agree?
lostone2

Postby musical74 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:26 am

Having gotten as far as I can, I have a few things to pass along...

There's two glitches, neither is gamebreaking or anything, but after you get a money and fight once at the Devil's pass *look for new passages*, it will sometimes say *nothing new* twice, sometimes once. The other is if you find the figurines and give it to the lady, it still shows as being an active quest, even though that's been complete.

Not sure if it matters, but for the orc invasion I had mercs (Dusty horde) as part of the force, and everything went quite well. Would not having a merc army make things harder, or it is *you'll win regardless*? Also, after you rescue Janine from the coup, you still can't move around except by the cart. The threat is over, shouldn't that be unneeded now?

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Regarding the ending: I'm guessing two of the *soul fragment* people - the Empress and the Lustlord - showed up because they were attuned to the power, but they are wrong that they think that Simon isn't it... Simon going with the Empress isn't going to hurt Aka too much is it?

I think the funniest part so far is shortly before the big orc invasion and the succubus and lamia size each other up, as well as the two orcs sizing each other up, that's definitely funny stuff!
musical74

Postby lostone2 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:51 am

musical74 Wrote:Having gotten as far as I can, I have a few things to pass along...

There's two glitches, neither is gamebreaking or anything, but after you get a money and fight once at the Devil's pass *look for new passages*, it will sometimes say *nothing new* twice, sometimes once. The other is if you find the figurines and give it to the lady, it still shows as being an active quest, even though that's been complete.

Not sure if it matters, but for the orc invasion I had mercs (Dusty horde) as part of the force, and everything went quite well. Would not having a merc army make things harder, or it is *you'll win regardless*? Also, after you rescue Janine from the coup, you still can't move around except by the cart. The threat is over, shouldn't that be unneeded now?

Regarding the ending: I'm guessing two of the *soul fragment* people - the Empress and the Lustlord - showed up because they were attuned to the power, but they are wrong that they think that Simon isn't it... Simon going with the Empress isn't going to hurt Aka too much is it?

I think the funniest part so far is shortly before the big orc invasion and the succubus and lamia size each other up, as well as the two orcs sizing each other up, that's definitely funny stuff!

About the mercs:

If you don't have any merc, the Carina's soldiers are killed by the horde, so you don't get anything from them.

About the cart:

Janine admits at some point her own weakness in the complicated mess that Yhilin's politics are. From that point of view, it's understandable that her allies keep a low profile... Also, the the immediate menace has passed, but Trin's old master was playing a long game.

About Aka's status:

Sierra has stated in some of the other forums or maybe in the blog (for the life of me, I can't remember where :lol: :lol: ), that Aka will have to make some decisions regarding that...
lostone2

Postby Yamemai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:20 pm

About the battle:

Not too sure here, though I can tell you: if you didn't get any mercs, Carina's soldiers die. Also, I speculate that the village would be wiped if you don't have much of an Orc army.

Also, did you talk to Orcent again? There are two conversations regarding him, too bad there wasn't anything going for Impaler + Stark.
Yamemai

Postby musical74 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Ah OK on the battle and post-coup. With games like this, I try to be practical and make sure to have an army if it is implied that will be needed. And yes, I talked to Orcent a few times, I thought the discussion between Orcent and Stark was funny. I kind of wish there was something between Impaler and Stark, but not sure what they would talk about...

*Makes plans to do whatever it takes to save Aka because she is such a wonderful fighter* I'll bounce the others around, but unless I can't, Aka is ALWAYS in my fighting party. ALWAYS. She's fast, hits hard, and once you get her custom knife, critical hit % goes way up. Robin is rather frail even though her magic is powerful, Yarra is most useful only if the opponent has sexual tension (which means some fights she's worthless), Hilstara misses too much for her to be really effective (if she didn't miss as much, she'd be a perm part of the team) and Cumdump is useful for healing but her attacks are really bad. Haven't really had a chance to see what Altina, Carina, or Varia are like yet...
musical74

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects