The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/5: 200+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/18]

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:30 pm

Alright, everyone, version 0.10.0 is out! Backers, you know what to do. Everyone else, you can expect either this version or one with a little more polish out on the 25th. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Postby UnLimiTeD » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:42 pm

I have to admit at that moment I was kinda glad that as a student I currently don't have the money to support anything, 'sides maybe feeding starving children, as that release date was totally one day before an important examination, and that would have so hindered me if I had access to it.
But now.... damn, I'm growing impatient. :D
Which I suppose speaks for the storyline/atmosphere, as I sure wouldn't get all riled up over some erotic fiction. :)
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:54 pm

New public version is out, enjoy!

http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2015/07/version-0101-public-release.html

UnLimiTeD Wrote:I have to admit at that moment I was kinda glad that as a student I currently don't have the money to support anything, 'sides maybe feeding starving children, as that release date was totally one day before an important examination, and that would have so hindered me if I had access to it.
But now.... damn, I'm growing impatient. :D
Which I suppose speaks for the storyline/atmosphere, as I sure wouldn't get all riled up over some erotic fiction. :)

Thanks, hope you enjoy this one! It really takes the plot forward.
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/25]

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:44 am

Oh yes I did.
Damn that was a change of pace. And it obviously has to end in a cliffhanger, like everytime. ;)
You're good. This is really getting somewhere.
I'm honestly excited about it.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:21 am

The next three updates won't end in cliffhangers! Though... I guess there's an implicit cliffhanger looming over everything. XD

Glad you enjoyed it!
Sierra Lee

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Oh Simon. You NEVER do that.

There's even a catchy little song about it!
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Darth Cheesecake Wrote:Oh Simon. You NEVER do that.

There's even a catchy little song about it!

:? I think I know what you're referring to, but I'm coming up blank for a song...
Sierra Lee

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 am

Sierra Lee Wrote: :? I think I know what you're referring to, but I'm coming up blank for a song...

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ

You never split the party!
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Darth Cheesecake Wrote:
Sierra Lee Wrote: :? I think I know what you're referring to, but I'm coming up blank for a song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ

You never split the party!

Haha, I hadn't heard that one before!

The name of the crystal map where you choose routes is "Split the Party" though. XD
Sierra Lee

Postby UnLimiTeD » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:17 pm

You should introduce an injoke where the game hints it was the wrong choice no matter what choice you make. :D
UnLimiTeD

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:35 am

Sierra Lee Wrote:

The name of the crystal map where you choose routes is "Split the Party" though. XD

If I'm being completely honest there are four characters I'm worried about in this split. Simon which should be obvious as to why. Aka, Robin, and Altina. It says something to the quality of this game that I'm far more invested in the story and characters than in the quality sexy content.
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Nomad » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:39 am

Really nice update, i love the way the story is unfolding.

Minor issue i had is that the figurines quest did not update properly for me after turning in the figurines and getting a reward. Is this a bug or is there something to this quest that i am missing?

I'm kinda worried about Aka and Carina, from my understanding they are dependent on Simon and will die if they go too long without sex with him. This party split could have some really nasty consequences for them.
Nomad

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:24 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:

You should introduce an injoke where the game hints it was the wrong choice no matter what choice you make. :D

I just might. XD

Darth Cheesecake Wrote:

If I'm being completely honest there are four characters I'm worried about in this split. Simon which should be obvious as to why. Aka, Robin, and Altina. It says something to the quality of this game that I'm far more invested in the story and characters than in the quality sexy content.

Thanks! Obviously I try to make the best sexy content I can, but for me that's best when you're invested in the characters/plot.

Nomad Wrote:Really nice update, i love the way the story is unfolding.

Minor issue i had is that the figurines quest did not update properly for me after turning in the figurines and getting a reward. Is this a bug or is there something to this quest that i am missing?

I'm kinda worried about Aka and Carina, from my understanding they are dependent on Simon and will die if they go too long without sex with him. This party split could have some really nasty consequences for them.

Figurines: This is my bad. >.< There are ways to complete the quest without getting it cleared from the journal. You got all the rewards and the only consequence of the bug will be that quest sitting in your journal for a while.

Aka/Carina: Carina is okay because Simon helped her so early, but Aka will be facing serious consequences.
Sierra Lee

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:58 am

Sierra Lee Wrote:
Aka/Carina: Carina is okay because Simon helped her so early, but Aka will be facing serious consequences.

Nothing good ever happens when you split the party.

Speed run Team Simon! Speed Run for your lives!
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Nomad » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote:Aka/Carina: Carina is okay because Simon helped her so early, but Aka will be facing serious consequences.

Well i guess there is that transformation that was foreshadowed....i call succubus Aka ;-)

definetly excited for more updates!

Darth Cheesecake Wrote:Nothing good ever happens when you split the party.!

well...it wasn't really their choice xD
Nomad

Postby lostone2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:18 am

Hi all:

I just registered here. I really like some of the games that we discuss in this subforum and sometimes I wished to intervene so here I am.

Darth Cheesecake Wrote:
Sierra Lee Wrote:

Nothing good ever happens when you split the party.

Speed run Team Simon! Speed Run for your lives!

From the point of view of the characters, it sucks (poor Qum!). But one of my favorite authors wrote something that really resonates with me:

Nothing grows to its full height in a crowded garden.

Also, in games like these allows to use all the party characters and not only the gamer's favorites.

BTW, I don't catch the reference :oops: :oops:
lostone2

Postby UnLimiTeD » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:24 am

Damn you, now you're even foreshadowing in the forums! :mrgreen:
What figurines?
And iterating on my earlier comment about the bridge quest, my problem was that, before I could actually do it, everyone decided to call it a day.
I just didn't get to it, and it's kind of poor form that you have to do everything before a threshold and then the world changes, even though that is exactly what happens. I wonder if in a far future version it might be possible to wonder if anything needs doing before resting? Even if that "needs doing" would realistically involve several days of travel.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Glad to see people interested in the story! :D

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Damn you, now you're even foreshadowing in the forums! :mrgreen:
What figurines?
And iterating on my earlier comment about the bridge quest, my problem was that, before I could actually do it, everyone decided to call it a day.
I just didn't get to it, and it's kind of poor form that you have to do everything before a threshold and then the world changes, even though that is exactly what happens. I wonder if in a far future version it might be possible to wonder if anything needs doing before resting? Even if that "needs doing" would realistically involve several days of travel.

1) There's a Yhilini woman who gives you a sidequest to find some family figurines.
2) Thresholds has a gameplay mechanic will stay, but I try to warn people about them. In this case, the warning came before entering the forest to find Varia.
Sierra Lee

Postby lostone2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Damn you, now you're even foreshadowing in the forums! :mrgreen:
What figurines?
[...]

In case that you're really curious:

This explains how to get the quest: Noble figurines.
And this one explains how to solve it.Merchant trouble. Some people have troubles finding them.
In some cases, the quest is finished (you get your reward) but the in Quest log still appears as Incomplete, with no further consequences.

I'd like to take the opportunity to inform those interested that the The Last Sovereign wiki is in a more or less presentable. There still some work to do (creating the Items section or adding a Secrets and collectibles page are my two priorities), but I think it already solves much of the usual questions that I had seen in this and another forums.
lostone2

Postby Nomad » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote: In this case, the warning came before entering the forest to find Varia.

i was wondering about that actually...unless i remember it wrong i could still travel around and visit side areas after getting Varia. Why was the warning there?
Are only specific quests locked and areas like the merchant camp and the side passage in devils pass are not? I tried to maximize exp for everyone so i held of doing those until i had all the party members.
Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects