The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/5: 200+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/23]

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:14 pm

I'm reasonably certain extra gathered ProN will both affect relationship value (at least she acts the part) and improve your payout.
I think it's 3x what you put in, more or less?
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:18 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:I'm reasonably certain extra gathered ProN will both affect relationship value (at least she acts the part) and improve your payout.

Correct in both cases. You get three times whatever you gave Megail and there are relationship bonuses for going over the required minimum.

Mickele Wrote:- also i was wondering, since you can't get all the investments at the end, wouldn't it be possible to exchange Sx on hand against ProN???
I have 60k Sx on hand but no ProN while I would need some or the weapon deal (discovered too late) and maybe better merchants...

For balance purposes, no, you won't be able to exchange Sx -> ProN. Spend it on whatever equipment seems best to you.

Mickele Wrote:- will it be possible to buy the investments also in the new upcomming chapter, since you can't get the money for the bank or mine yet....

Not in the upcoming chapter, but eventually you'll be able to, yes.
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:I'm reasonably certain extra gathered ProN will both affect relationship value (at least she acts the part) and improve your payout.

Correct in both cases. You get three times whatever you gave Megail and there are relationship bonuses for going over the required minimum.

Mickele Wrote:I enjoyed your game so far and especially the whole plot round about in chapter one so far...

Thanks!

Mickele Wrote:- also i was wondering, since you can't get all the investments at the end, wouldn't it be possible to exchange Sx on hand against ProN???
I have 60k Sx on hand but no ProN while I would need some or the weapon deal (discovered too late) and maybe better merchants...

For balance purposes, no, you won't be able to exchange Sx -> ProN. Spend it on whatever equipment seems best to you.

Mickele Wrote:- will it be possible to buy the investments also in the new upcomming chapter, since you can't get the money for the bank or mine yet....

Not in the upcoming chapter, but eventually you'll be able to, yes.
Sierra Lee

Postby HohesHaus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Great game ! I found a bug. If you enter the burnd farm with the orcs. If you talk to the orc and than enter the building, and leave it, the orc you have talked to stays in the way and doesnt move. So you cant get to the group of humans. When do you release the 2nd Chapter?

The only thing your game is missing are some h-pictures.
HohesHaus

Postby musical74 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:26 am

I'm up to just past saving Janine and I will say this...

This is a DEEP game!! You've really thought things through! I think my main complaint is *should be allowed to respawn monsters* because beating the guys behind the revolt was TOUGH, it took a few tries to figure out what works best and even then it was *UGH*. I also avoided the spider-house because the spiders pretty much crushed me...DANG those are hard!

Will it be possible to return to earlier points eventually?
musical74

Postby kvier » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 am

Combat in this game is very much a puzzle ... you're not supposed to be able to steam-roll all the enemies. And the bonus locations, such as the spider house, are supposed to be hard.

Unfortunately, that kinda means that the challenge combats often come down to "does the random number generator have the enemy nerf everyone in your party or not"... figuring how to balance that is a different question.
kvier

Postby musical74 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:03 am

After getting all the way through what's available so far, I will say that the combat needs to be changed somewhat. The overall idea is fine, but the fights with just Hilstara and Cumdump (what a name, huh? LOL) were HARD because Cumdump was healing probably every round (or close to it) which meant mass stun attacks if I stood much of a chance. That's also true for a few of the other fights late in the chapter, war of attrition always results in me dying because they have more hit points and I can't recover fast enough from their major attacks. HOWEVER I don't know anything on how hard it would be to make some of these fights less frustrating (random encounters still allowable, maybe?)

Biggest gripe outside of some of the hard fights late in chapter (and the spider house, YEESH, still can't believe I won any fights when they spam the foul blast every round...) is what exactly Rilia is planning... why she feels that Simon will be a better Incubus Lord than the current one isn't really discussed. Maybe she's just fed up with the current one's weird fetishes?
musical74

Postby Commodus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:58 pm

musical74 Wrote:I'm up to just past saving Janine and I will say this...

This is a DEEP game!! You've really thought things through! I think my main complaint is *should be allowed to respawn monsters* because beating the guys behind the revolt was TOUGH, it took a few tries to figure out what works best and even then it was *UGH*. I also avoided the spider-house because the spiders pretty much crushed me...DANG those are hard!

After getting all the way through what's available so far, I will say that the combat needs to be changed somewhat. The overall idea is fine, but the fights with just Hilstara and Cumdump (what a name, huh? LOL) were HARD because Cumdump was healing probably every round (or close to it) which meant mass stun attacks if I stood much of a chance. That's also true for a few of the other fights late in the chapter, war of attrition always results in me dying because they have more hit points and I can't recover fast enough from their major attacks. HOWEVER I don't know anything on how hard it would be to make some of these fights less frustrating (random encounters still allowable, maybe?)

Biggest gripe outside of some of the hard fights late in chapter (and the spider house, YEESH, still can't believe I won any fights when they spam the foul blast every round...) is what exactly Rilia is planning... why she feels that Simon will be a better Incubus Lord than the current one isn't really discussed. Maybe she's just fed up with the current one's weird fetishes?

Probably the most important factor in how your party performs in combat is their level. Each optional fight you skip, the more difficult later fights become. If you compulsively hunt down every encounter in the game, the only difficult fights are the optional ones in the spider house and the deep tunnels dungeon. The author has stated that she has no plans to allow the player to grind respawning monsters for xp, but she is trying to come up with something that will allow lower-level parties to catch up with those that have maximized their experience. For strategies for fighting the spiders or the optional dungeon, I listed mine a few pages back.

As for revisiting areas, you'll be able to revisit many areas in the next update, which should be released sometime this month.

Personally, I did not find the fights involving Hilstara and Qum difficult, just tedious. The first thing you need to do is have Hilstara use Shieldwall. This will draw most of the agro towards her. Have Qum use Arousing Kiss on Hilstara. Then, the turn before the Provoke expires, have them repeat. Qum will still be attacked occasionally, but not enough to do much damage. She can mostly keep herself healthy simply by masturbating. If you have equipped Hilstara with the steel armor and a steel helmet that you probably found lying around while looting crates, she'll be virtually impervious to damage once she gets the second defense buff from Shieldwall stacked. The big problem is that axes are inaccurate, so Hilstara will miss a lot, and Qum doesn't do much damage at all. That's why the fights are tedious. While there is virtually no chance of losing at this point, it takes a long time and a lot of patience to win. I wouldn't use any of Hilstara's skills other than Shieldwall because you'll need to conserve her MP for all the fights, unless you have Mana Potions you're willing to use. You can use Qum's abilities freely, since she can regenerate her SP through masturbating.

Just my two cents, anyway....
Commodus

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:13 am

FYI, everyone: after release of this version I realized that axes are actually twice as inaccurate as I intended them to be. Hilstara will be less prone to missing in future versions.

HohesHaus Wrote:Great game ! I found a bug. If you enter the burnd farm with the orcs. If you talk to the orc and than enter the building, and leave it, the orc you have talked to stays in the way and doesnt move. So you cant get to the group of humans. When do you release the 2nd Chapter?

The only thing your game is missing are some h-pictures.

Hope to get to pictures someday, but it's a difficult venture.

As for the bug: the orc should move again if you walk to him from below. If not, I've set up an even more thorough fix in the upcoming version.

musical74 Wrote:I'm up to just past saving Janine and I will say this...

Thanks, really glad to hear you enjoyed the game's plot! And Commodus is right about returning to previous areas happening in a big way next update. Hope to have it out for backers next week. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Postby CloudRipper » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:18 am

Just played this up to where it stops. Want to see what this looks like when finished with it. Not much from what Ive seen in the way of corruption choices though it seems. Only one I noticed was in the beginning with that first chosen one. Also, what is the use of the shining weapon and armor? Is there any plans for it to be usable?
CloudRipper

Postby Zaiaku666 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:52 am

CloudRipper Wrote:Just played this up to where it stops. Want to see what this looks like when finished with it. Not much from what Ive seen in the way of corruption choices though it seems. Only one I noticed was in the beginning with that first chosen one. Also, what is the use of the shining weapon and armor? Is there any plans for it to be usable?

In my interpretation, Simon isn't really looking to become a corruptive force as the Sovereign, as rather he's more of a revolutionary against the current status quo.He sees the in-fighting between the church's factions as a waste of resources, has now seen the ineptitude that was relying on the "Chosen". He realizes that the woman who infused him with the essence of the Fucklord whose name I have forgotten, may be right, and the only way to change the world for the better would to overthrow the fucklord and go from there. The problem is that he has to use methods that he once found rather dismal, and must play The Game of medieval politics like those found in the GoT or it's book version ASoIaF.
Zaiaku666

Postby CloudRipper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:02 am

Zaiaku666 Wrote:
CloudRipper Wrote:Just played this up to where it stops. Want to see what this looks like when finished with it. Not much from what Ive seen in the way of corruption choices though it seems. Only one I noticed was in the beginning with that first chosen one. Also, what is the use of the shining weapon and armor? Is there any plans for it to be usable?

In my interpretation, Simon isn't really looking to become a corruptive force as the Sovereign, as rather he's more of a revolutionary against the current status quo.He sees the in-fighting between the church's factions as a waste of resources, has now seen the ineptitude that was relying on the "Chosen". He realizes that the woman who infused him with the essence of the Fucklord whose name I have forgotten, may be right, and the only way to change the world for the better would to overthrow the fucklord and go from there. The problem is that he has to use methods that he once found rather dismal, and must play The Game of medieval politics like those found in the GoT or it's book version ASoIaF.

Oh I know. I understood all of that part. But I noticed in the prelogue part, you get a couple corruption choices, but other than those, you don't seem to get any others throughout the game. Unless Im blind and missing them somewhere
CloudRipper

Postby kvier » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:49 pm

But in the prologue, you're controlling Kai, not Simon...
kvier

Postby musical74 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:02 am

First time I played this I didn't realize the story was in fact about Simon. Given that all the Chosen seem to be *fuck everything female* not sure the corruption really means anything (yet, anyway). Are all of the Chosen horny teenagers? :P

Given that I haven't seen a way to get out of the pit yet, not sure the prizes are worth it (after Istavan dumps you in a pit, before the Ogre fight). The fights are just too hard. I know it's optional, but I'd like to be able to get the ancient lingerie and the lust armor and get out there without getting killed. Shouldn't someone have thought to get a huge rope or something?

I do like that Cumdump refers to Aka as *Stabby Girl*! Question on the relationship status: does it really mean anything at this point? I suppose this will have something important later on, but for now it seems to be just for show. Also not totally sure what causes their relationship to go up or down sometimes. Sometimes I'm aware of what it is, other times it's *Robin's relationship went down and I don't have a clue why*.
musical74

Postby Zaiaku666 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:31 am

musical74 Wrote:First time I played this I didn't realize the story was in fact about Simon. Given that all the Chosen seem to be *fuck everything female* not sure the corruption really means anything (yet, anyway). Are all of the Chosen horny teenagers? :P

Most of them do act that way, which is one of the reasons that Simon gets disillusioned by the Chosen system of the Goddess. But like I said a couple pages back, methinks she's playing a bigger game then most realize.
Zaiaku666

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 am

CloudRipper Wrote:Also, what is the use of the shining weapon and armor? Is there any plans for it to be usable?

Glad you're interested in the game's story. I'll have more out soon. ^-^ The Shining Armor/Swords will not be equipped, but they will be used.

CloudRipper Wrote:Oh I know. I understood all of that part. But I noticed in the prelogue part, you get a couple corruption choices, but other than those, you don't seem to get any others throughout the game. Unless Im blind and missing them somewhere

You are correct, there are no others.

musical74 Wrote:I do like that Cumdump refers to Aka as *Stabby Girl*! Question on the relationship status: does it really mean anything at this point? I suppose this will have something important later on, but for now it seems to be just for show. Also not totally sure what causes their relationship to go up or down sometimes. Sometimes I'm aware of what it is, other times it's *Robin's relationship went down and I don't have a clue why*.

Relationship values currently unlock new sex scenes (three per character) and will be used for more later. They only go change when you make a choice after a character expresses an opinion about that decision. In the case of Robin, there's only a single -2 during the first brothel conversation.
Sierra Lee

Postby UnLimiTeD » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:18 am

Commodus Wrote:[
Probably the most important factor in how your party performs in combat is their level. Each optional fight you skip, the more difficult later fights become. If you compulsively hunt down every encounter in the game, the only difficult fights are the optional ones in the spider house and the deep tunnels dungeon.

That's actually rather dismal game mechanics if it's true.
@Sierra May I suggest making the Xp curve a bit steeper and increasing later level combat XP and granting story-quest rewards?
That way, grinding mobs would make fights in the current state of the game easier, but have a diminishing effect on encounters two hours later.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Commodus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 pm

It's more a factor of the way skills unlock than a game dynamic. Certain skills unlock at a certain level for each character. Simon learning Battlefield Medicine allows healing during combat, making fights easier. Qum's Cleansing Kiss allows the removal of poison and other status effects. Her Arousing Kiss is an incredibly useful skill once unlocked. Robin's Fire Lance makes the boss fight in the optional dungeon in the tunnels quite manageable. So, the more XP you get, the sooner you unlock skills and the easier subsequent battles are.
Commodus

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:24 am

Version 0.9.0 is finished and sent to backers. You can expect the public release in a week.

Version 0.9.0 [6/20/15]
- New section of the game.
- Five new plot sex scenes.
- Twenty new affection sex scenes.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:That's actually rather dismal game mechanics if it's true.

It's true in the short term, not really in the long term. So far my minimum level party has always been capable of clearing out the most recent dungeon and I don't intend for that to change.
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Fucklord [Updated 2/14]

Postby Anon21 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:14 pm

In the inn, sleep on the bed. (Inn which you recieve a coupon for by the female merchant who you help with the slave people earlier...) You'll meet your daughter who is a Mage. And it will unlock the Academy (Which your daughter is at)

I got the message I needed a mage, I slept on the bed, nothing happened. :(
Anon21

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects