The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/5: 200+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/23]

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu May 28, 2015 11:05 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:To add to an above comment of mine, whould it be possible to change anything about the combat AI?
Or is that RPG Maker Vintage?

Depends what you want to change. You can customize individual enemies' AI to a degree and there's already some of it for bosses or enemies with a particular strategy.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Edit: The dual scene with Trin and Yarra has a dual "Escape" in a sentence on page ... 3or 4 I think. Not directly adjacent, but using a different word would improve the flow, I think.

Seems like the kind of the thing that should be smoothed out. I'll go look for it.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Edit2: Just got through. That was dapper as fuck! And to think that's just the first chapter (Meaning there's two more to come)! I'm really curious to see how what investment choices pay off.

If you liked the first chapter's conclusion, I think you're in for a lot of fun as the game goes forward. ^-^

UnLimiTeD Wrote:... Just wondering, if we can, and I expect we do, invest money to, eventually, get more money, won't the ideal choice early on be to get as much as possibly? You know, brothel, potions (keeping the potions is a horrible choice now, btw^^), etc.
Or will we eventually have to defend growing assets with a growing military budget?

Having lots of money is good, but it's not the only thing you'll want to have. I intend for maximizing investments to be a valid choice, but so is maximizing harem relationships or blending the two.
Sierra Lee

Postby UnLimiTeD » Thu May 28, 2015 11:52 am

Ah, ok.
Btw, I applaud your PR.

@AI I mostly wonder if it would be possible to stratify enemy behavoir.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

There's certain fights, like against those horrors in the cave (the Ogre is trivially easy after that) or the spiders that are often won not by sound tactics, but blind luck, namely, that your foes don't repeatedly use specific abilities.
An Example: You start combat, the enemy goes before any serious attacks, and he uses ghostly mist. Nearly everyone is silenced. Then he does that again, 4 turns in a row.
I suppose that is a valid tactical choice on it's part, but it's just boring playing a fight with nothing but standard attacks.
In the same way, if there's multiple enemies with a random-target dual attack, if three of those hit the same girl, you just lost a partymember, and that means Alt-F4 and try again.
I like challenging fights, but at some point I was wondering if it wouldn't be quicker to write a bot to do the work for me while I make dinner. ^^
.... Sadly I'm too bad at writing bots. :P

So I suppose if it's possibly to have abilities, f.Ex. on a cooldown, or limited, and potentially make something else stronger, that benefits the application of tactics.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu May 28, 2015 9:51 pm

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Btw, I applaud your PR.

Thanks? I'm bad at this, but I believe in the game and so I try my best.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:

There's certain fights, like against those horrors in the cave (the Ogre is trivially easy after that) or the spiders that are often won not by sound tactics, but blind luck, namely, that your foes don't repeatedly use specific abilities.
An Example: You start combat, the enemy goes before any serious attacks, and he uses ghostly mist. Nearly everyone is silenced. Then he does that again, 4 turns in a row.
I suppose that is a valid tactical choice on it's part, but it's just boring playing a fight with nothing but standard attacks.
In the same way, if there's multiple enemies with a random-target dual attack, if three of those hit the same girl, you just lost a partymember, and that means Alt-F4 and try again.
I like challenging fights, but at some point I was wondering if it wouldn't be quicker to write a bot to do the work for me while I make dinner. ^^
.... Sadly I'm too bad at writing bots. :P

It's impressive you were able to win while silenced! With the optional dungeon, I made so many silence-spamming enemies to encourage people to use silence-protecting equipment. You can have everyone completely immune.
Sierra Lee

Postby UnLimiTeD » Thu May 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Public Relations is not just marketing, on this scale, it's mostly communications.
Whenever someone has a question, you're there to answer it.

Well, no, you can't, because when you stuble over that dungeon, you have no trader nearby to buy any.
Still, the same also applies to dual attacks, poison (which I've seen spiders use while silenced), and paralysis. Overall the spiders are a lot more challenging than that dungeon, though.
UnLimiTeD

Postby rpgfan650 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:16 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Public Relations is not just marketing, on this scale, it's mostly communications.
Whenever someone has a question, you're there to answer it.

Well, no, you can't, because when you stuble over that dungeon, you have no trader nearby to buy any.
Still, the same also applies to dual attacks, poison (which I've seen spiders use while silenced), and paralysis. Overall the spiders are a lot more challenging than that dungeon, though.

Damn

I thought silence would stop that spider from using mass poison. I doubt that silence will stop the dual attack from the other spiders. Back to the thousand deaths of trail and error. Personally, I consider the spider house the most deadly encounter in the entire game.
rpgfan650

Postby UnLimiTeD » Fri May 29, 2015 5:14 pm

rpgfan650 Wrote:Damn

I thought silence would stop that spider from using mass poison. I doubt that silence will stop the dual attack from the other spiders. Back to the thousand deaths of trail and error. Personally, I consider the spider house the most deadly encounter in the entire game.

So did I, to be honest, and I always silenced it first. I could have sworn it worked, but at least twice, I've seen it use poison after that.
It might be that it actually runs out a round before it says it runs out?
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat May 30, 2015 1:46 am

Well, I can tell you that the spider's poison isn't anything special that would pierce silence. Looking at the silence status effect, it's set to expire after the last action it blocks, so unless there's a quirk of RPG Maker it should be effective.
Sierra Lee

Postby Yamemai » Sun May 31, 2015 8:35 am

You guys are probably just silencing the wrong one (The fat white one), or fighting more then one of that can do that.

Also @ UnLimiTed, you don't really need to buy those equips, as if you looked around a bit, you'd have received enough. If I remember correctly, there was at least one Mage's Pin and 1/2 Slave's Pin for you to obtain before that dungeon.
Yamemai

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sun May 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Yes, I had 2. Not enough for everyone, but even one is sufficient for everything but the boss.
It's essentially an equip check, which I'd file under bad design, but then again it's completely optional.
I'm absolutely sure I silence the correct spider, btw. I'm really not dumb.

Another question:
What about the projected endings?
Those fluff, and you go somewhere in between due to your actions and just decide on your final resting place?
Or you pick them at some point?
Or they get picked for you depending on what exactly you do?
Or is it all just fluff?
I mean, writing actual different game parts is ... shall we say serious work? Respect if you pull that off in any case.
Last edited by UnLimiTeD on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Nickalmighty111 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:31 am

Hello Sierra, long time lurker (2010 maybe?), first time poster.

Just letting you know that YOU where the game that made me actually register.
Thank you for making this game. I actually played through this game in one sitting, which is strange since I usually hate RPG Maker Games. The writing in this game is amazing, with characters that have actual development. Better than the games I've played lately, *coughdestinycough*. Which for an H-Game, is more than refreshing. Every character wanting to bone you off the bat doesn't really make for interesting characters, excluding Yarra of course ;) (love you gurl). The fell spider dungeon and that dungeon where the lustplate and ancient lingerie is, both gave me some game overs, but that was about the difficulty I was looking for in optional stuff. I'd give on Patreon, buuuut I recently got laid off, so I cant spare it atm. When things pick up, expect my support :).**** the haters, and keep up the good work :D .
Nickalmighty111
Newly Registered

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:25 pm

UnLimiTeD Wrote:What about the projected endings?
Those fluff, and you go somewhere in between due to your actions and just decide on your final resting place?
Or you pick them at some point?
Or they get picked for you depending on what exactly you do?
Or is it all just fluff?
I mean, writing actual different game parts is ... shall we say serious work? Respect if you pull that off in any case.

Right now I'll just say that you shouldn't expect the game to stay in that framework. This isn't Mass Effect - and I mean that in both good ways and bad ways.

Nickalmighty111 Wrote:Hello Sierra, long time lurker (2010 maybe?), first time poster.

Just letting you know that YOU where the game that made me actually register.
Thank you for making this game. I actually played through this game in one sitting, which is strange since I usually hate RPG Maker Games. The writing in this game is amazing, with characters that have actual development. Better than the games I've played lately, *coughdestinycough*. Which for an H-Game, is more than refreshing. Every character wanting to bone you off the bat doesn't really make for interesting characters, excluding Yarra of course ;) (love you gurl). The fell spider dungeon and that dungeon where the lustplate and ancient lingerie is, both gave me some game overs, but that was about the difficulty I was looking for in optional stuff. I'd give on Patreon, buuuut I recently got laid off, so I cant spare it atm. When things pick up, expect my support :).**** the haters, and keep up the good work :D .

Thanks! I plan to keep putting out content like this, so I'm glad there's people enjoying it!
Sierra Lee

Postby Yamemai » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:03 pm

@UnLimiTeD

I'm pretty sure I only used one Slave's Pin, on Qum D'umpe, the last time I fought there (in around Ver. 6, I think -- It's the version when Qum first for nerfed, so she couldn't heal herself lol), though I pretty much avoided everything there till the boss, and could dope (can't anymore, so I'll have to experiment some new strategy), so this strategy is pretty old.

Anyways,

I gave Qum the Slave's Pin, and had... Simon, Qum, Aka, and Robin -- Again, this was before you couldn't use buffs outside of battle, which imo is pretty odd, since you can raise moral with a speech, and such, before a major battle after all.

Before the battle, I had Hilstara Encourage everyone, so they got +Atk, MAtk, and HP, healed them as well, with Qum I think.

Not too sure what I did, but I remember having Qum cleanse Simon, then Simon and Qum cleanse the other two, and had Aka poison the Horror. Robin was pretty much dealing damage with the Lance skill, Aka was debuffing it after it got poisoned, and Simon and Qum were on healing duty, Simon Heals Qum, Qum heals and buff the others.

Anyways, just replayed it, good thing I had a save for there, and easily beat the Horror, it only used the silencing once on me, and that was near the end, so that might be the reason why, but I pretty much used nearly the same strategy, Aka poisons then debuff defense, Simon uses Battlefield Medicine, Robin does the damage with Fire Lance, and Qum buffs Robin once, then masturbates to 30, so she can use Little Death any time, healing/buffing when needed.
Yamemai

Postby Indeed » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 pm

One of my favorite parts of the game was item descriptions. 'cures poison. Every kind. Somehow.' 'sexy silk worms' 'holy shit, it's actually made of metal!'

And your humor is right up my alley, had quite a few laughs here and there. I actually tried this game out solely because I saw how much was being donated on Patreon, and the game sure exceeded my expectations!
Indeed

Postby UnLimiTeD » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Yamemai Wrote:@UnLimiTeD

Well, I beat those fights as well.
What irks me is that it's pretty much rng.
F.Ex. silencing should be something that forces you to make a decision:
Can I beat that enemy with standard attacks, or do I need to use cleanse or items, and if the latter, on who.
But if you have an enemy that silences the entire party, bar those who are immune, for 5 rounds in a row, it's just an equipment check.
Like ARPGs where you have to have 75% resistances, and that's that, no need to think about it anymore. So it's definitely doable, but from a gameplay perspective, it's less interesting than it could be.

@Sierra: I definitely see what you mean, and I mainly see the good parts there. More natural than "You have three choices, and every single one is on the extreme end of things!". :D Looking forward to it.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Indeed Wrote:One of my favorite parts of the game was item descriptions. 'cures poison. Every kind. Somehow.' 'sexy silk worms' 'holy shit, it's actually made of metal!'

And your humor is right up my alley, had quite a few laughs here and there. I actually tried this game out solely because I saw how much was being donated on Patreon, and the game sure exceeded my expectations!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it so much!

UnLimiTeD Wrote:@Sierra: I definitely see what you mean, and I mainly see the good parts there. More natural than "You have three choices, and every single one is on the extreme end of things!". :D Looking forward to it.

Well, I hope it lives up to your expectations. ^^
Sierra Lee

Postby Steffy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Finished the game so far, I have to say, i REALLY enjoyed it! Good job!
I love the story so far, The twists are so good :3

It is one thing i would like in the future, CG's would been great for the H-Scenes, i know it may be hard to find an artist etc, but it's just something for the future.

Finished it in 10 hours or so, and i was wondering, in future updates, will it be possible for me to continue from the current end with my current save?
Or do i have to make a new one?
Steffy
Newly Registered

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:17 am

Thanks for the kind words! As for your feedback:

I am actively trying to find artists for CGs, it's just hard to find people who can consistently put out work of decent quality, even when you're paying.

My plan is to keep saves valid from this point through the end of the game. I can't 100% guarantee that, since upgrading background systems can sometimes break saves, but I plan to avoid it if at all possible.
Sierra Lee

Postby wimil » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Cause I most likely skip it on the forums where do u find the replacement for sarxite

Also I Like the new design
wimil
Newly Registered

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Glad you like it!

The replacement for Sarxite is in the spider house. You only need to beat one of the less difficult battles to reach it.
Sierra Lee

Postby Mickele » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Hey Sierra Lee,

I enjoyed your game so far and especially the whole plot round about in chapter one so far...

but two things remained unclear for me so far:
- what happend to the extra money I erned for the Megail deal in Stinefort???
DId the money go directly to the cash out from Megail later on or does it affect her relationship level???? i couldn't find a hint about that...

- also i was wondering, since you can't get all the investments at the end, wouldn't it be possible to exchange Sx on hand against ProN???
I have 60k Sx on hand but no ProN while I would need some or the weapon deal (discovered too late) and maybe better merchants...

- will it be possible to buy the investments also in the new upcomming chapter, since you can't get the money for the bank or mine yet....
Mickele

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects