XenoCross (XenoX) Public Release [slime balls]

Genre Lockdown

Run or Rape([sic]youbasu no titakai)
35%
Splatformer(Corta's Splatformer)
35%
Role-Playing Scroller (VATS based-combat)
10%
Puzzle/Survival Whorror(Resident Sleezeville)
4%
Third-Person Sploosher (Another Tail)
4%
Point and Click (World of Whorecraft)
7%
Tactical Lesbianage Action(Peace Cocker)
4%
Dat Oddworld(Babes' Sexodus)
2%

Total votes : 845

Re: XenoCross (XenoX) Public Release [slime balls]

Postby guestlike » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:57 am

1:press shift to run
2:run left or right a short distance.
3:While running press control and hold (both)
4:move left or right while holding
you should move at run speed while ducking instead of regular speed even after you let go the shift button. This works for the "space bar bug" as well. Further more, if you do the space bar bug as soon as you enter the game before you move it will do so at run speed. If that was confusing please say something. Thank you.
Last edited by guestlike on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
guestlike

Postby Nobudi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:59 am

To throw my opinion in, I kinda liked that the movement animation went from walking to jogging at one point.
I think it would be pretty cool to reimplement it so it can go from walk > jog >(shift) charge.
Nobudi

Postby supersatanson » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:07 am

Nobudi Wrote:To throw my opinion in, I kinda liked that the movement animation went from walking to jogging at one point.
I think it would be pretty cool to reimplement it so it can go from walk > jog >(shift) charge.

I liked that too! even though I don't mind using the shift button, I still liked the "running" animation from before. Just my 2 cents, its still works great as it is now.
supersatanson

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:17 am

Seeing the polls are moving this more toward an RoRPG with VATS, fast movement will definitely be a requirement, so I think I'll put it back in. Only problem is her acceleration and the transitional anim. Her speed will look off compared to her feet and she'll need to accelerate to match it. So it'll be a li'l weird to code/animate. But I'm with you guys on that one.
Terrantor!!!

Re: XenoCross (XenoX) Public Release

Postby corta » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:55 am

I can't trust the poll when it's missing so many options.. and we aint explained any of it, either..

where's 2d shooter?
where's that stealth game idea I pitched?
where's that king's quest point-and-click?
where dat oddworld puzzle/ror?

am I gonna have to dump my "game idea" text-walls again?!
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Earthsage » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:59 am

Might be for the best. If we don't know what each game will entail, there's not a very educated decision going on here.
Walls of text broken down by spoilers would help a great deal.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:21 am

Actually, yeah, Cort, share your wisdom wit us!! :) I went ahead and modified the poll. Sorry, you guys will need to vote again. Updated the game version.
Terrantor!!!

Re: XenoCross (XenoX) Public Release

Postby corta » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:13 am

alright, here's a few of the old ideas.

"let's rip off king's quest. the oldest pitch."
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

corta Wrote:...
put simply, we should make a point-and-click adventure.
basically, king's quest with naughty bits.

we start with the standard "you've got a contract" story -- you're a mercenary/scientist/corporate agent there to capture some experimental genetically blah-blah sexmonsters.
the action centers around using your environment, information and items that you collect around the space station to 'safely' subdue the rampant creatures.
our "plot device" is a sedative of some sort that requires the patient to be calm (and we calm them by you-know-what.)
the twist, though, is that each baddie will have their own quirks that you'll have to prepare for.

a few monster ideas I've had are..

the hunter,
who will be the early game antagonist, chasing the player around and moving the player around whenever the plot needs her to go somewhere new.
we'll use him to remove the player's starting gun. (so the plot makes a bit more sense, or whatever.)
he's got a simple quirk: he will savagely bite his partner (at climax) if he is allowed to dominate.
the solution: in a late-game chase scene, the player traps him in some restraints and takes control.

fat creature, (sloth? fat-joke?)
the first boss, who blocks a path somewhere.
his deal: his loads are super-dense, crushing our girl to the floor after the scene.
the solution: turn on the zero gravity in the room and go nuts.

the trickster,
who manipulates the player by pretending to be a crew member who needs medical attention,
the player will get the option to "save" him by letting him stay in the med-room on her pod.
every night, while she sleeps, he has his way with her. (we'll have her go back to the pod after every boss or something, so this makes more sense.)
later, the player finds some aphrodisiac in a lab somewhere and next time she goes to sleep, she's restless when it attacks.
or another idea -- she reads about the creature, watches a recording from the pod, then pretends to sleep the next time.
wham-bam, capture.

gemini,
who are these two little imp-like things.
havent really figured this one out, we split them up or something.
or maybe it's a massive thing that we split into several smaller ones.. (the scene would look good, right?)

in my head, the game would actually play more like a 2d amnesia clone, having you scurry around in vents and hiding as the creatures moved around.
then getting things "right" before trying to "beat" the baddie.

"let's rip off abe's oddysee"

we should totally rip off oddworld

just swap nu-nu for snu-snu. :lol:

"make a squad-based rpg-ish game"

a little while ago, I saw some footage of a game (that I can't find anymore) that started with fairly a basic combat system..
the twist was, though, the main game centered around the 'feelings' of the characters as they get on with whatever they do.

firstly, I had the idea for a fantasy game where you play the cleric with "SPECIAL HEALING POWERS" if you get my drift..
but, this could be moved over to this sci-fi setting if your teammates were mercenaries who you had to keep happy as well as healthy.

and the 'additional gameplay' is the rude-stuff minigame, kneecapped by having to find contraception, being skilled at foreplay and managing penalties should you get pregnant or give up the butt (without lube)

not a fully thought-out idea, but I'm sure there's a game there.

"choose-your-own-adventure combat"

rpg systems are boring.
with this one, there's gonna be a set of dice-rolls on each random encounter, deciding on the enemy, type, distance and whether they notice you or not.

from there, you've got choices to shoot at them(too far away and you'll miss more often), move closer(sneak, skill vs enemy perception and distance), charge at them(move double but they notice you).
and from there, you're just given more options over -how- you attack.

and I think we could make some interesting encounters with custom options for boss fights.

"make an environment auto-player"

this has been a genre I'm fascinated with (even if I dont know what it's called..)

basically, there's the player in -some place-.
she does what she does automatically.
and it's your job to change things on the map so she has an interesting time..

example, you'll unlock doors or turn lights on or off in order to change her path.
you can un-earth pickups for her that she wouldn't notice.
you can give her a weapon before she encounters and enemy,
or you can leave a locker ajar so she gets to idea to hide in there.
and my personal favourite, you can get her drunk and give her what she needs to rape something.

pretty sure there's a fun game in there.

"auto-fighter"

I've hardly ever seen this, and it's probably more suited to a different game (like a slave/gladiator trainer) but..

she's got a full suite of skills and tactics that you can train and level up.
combat is basically watching two npcs fight.
you can give her the weapons and armor. but it's all on her to win it.

in a guns scenario, this'll probably become less exciting, though..

"dice-roll champion"

a lot of there have been ideas for fallout games.. this one is most-so. (not really a game idea for xeno, but might as well talk about it..)

in this one, you'd play as the mysterious stranger.
the game mostly auto-plays, with things similar to the "auto-fighter" idea

but, when she gets into a fight, you'll get some control over all the dice-rolls.

at the start, you'll draw a 'hand of cards', those are your abilities.
things like, re-roll where before things go through, you can re-roll any random number in the calculation. helping you dodge shots and land your own, if the outcome was unlucky.
or a tilt, where the results are reversed. hits become misses and misses become hits.
ace, where all her stats are maxed for the turn.
and intervene, (lore-based.) where you step in an fire directly on the enemy.

once again, just another expanded rpg system.

alright, I'm feeling too dizzy to even proof-read all that.. hope it made sense.. :|
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:57 am

I'm most interested in the "make an environment auto-player" game. That one sounds really fun to do. I think the hardest part will be teaching her how to to behave, but honestly it'll be fun. This will allow me to focus more on the character's built-in functions and less on the slimes and doors and maps( I can just add and expand on their behaviors later). I'm probably gonna stick with this idea, which might piss off the RoR fans a little, but making an RoR with the engine will be effortless when I finish this game idea. So I'm gonna have to abandon the poll results, for now. (Sorry, gais, this idea just "clicked" for me)
Terrantor!!!

Postby Nobudi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:15 am

So a fuckable version of interactive buddy?
Nobudi

Postby supersatanson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:48 pm

If you see this as necessary and also fun, then it's a win-win scenario. Basically means you work on a shorter goal (I think), but still working towards a bigger game (RoR).
It's all part of the development, just focusing on the main character for now!
Also, if you're interested in doing that concept, that means you'll work with more enthusiasm! :D so go for it
supersatanson

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Squad based RPG sounds fun, but then so does the Encironment auto-player. My vote goes for the Squad based RPG, personally.
Maybe make it with multiple races who have different sexual needs, an you have to satisfy them in some way? That'd let you open up for letting people choose which kinks they want to have in their squad...
And also, dominating the losing enemies if they're still alive. That'd be cool.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:04 am

I'm playin' clumsy ninja, so I guess that's the same concept.

Thanks, satanson, I'mma do it like nike.

Earth, I'm seeing a potential lost vikings, 'cept they lost valkyries. :)
Terrantor!!!

Postby Earthsage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Lost Vikings? I don't get the reference, sorry, so I dunno which concept you're referring to.
Earthsage

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:09 am

It's an old blizzard game. Youtube it. Super fun game!!!
Terrantor!!!

Postby kvier » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Blizzard's even released the old DOS (and windows using DosBox) version of The Lost Vikings for free: https://us.battle.net/account/download/?show=classic
kvier

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:39 am

How's the game going?
whatdontlookaatme

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Good work ! Nice design and animation ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:17 am

It's going slowly but surely. I'm reworking the controls, right now. Not too much new to report. :)
Terrantor!!!

Postby MajorMajorMajorMajor » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 am

But the question is

WILL IT BE FINISHED???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

But about the genre lockdown, those are all great.......... It's hard to choose. Are you sure you can't just see what works best for the development, and where it goes?
MajorMajorMajorMajor

PreviousNext

Return to XenoCross