XenoCross (XenoX) Public Release [slime balls]

Genre Lockdown

Run or Rape([sic]youbasu no titakai)
35%
Splatformer(Corta's Splatformer)
35%
Role-Playing Scroller (VATS based-combat)
10%
Puzzle/Survival Whorror(Resident Sleezeville)
4%
Third-Person Sploosher (Another Tail)
4%
Point and Click (World of Whorecraft)
7%
Tactical Lesbianage Action(Peace Cocker)
4%
Dat Oddworld(Babes' Sexodus)
2%

Total votes : 845

XenoCross (XenoX) Public Release [slime balls]

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:21 am

Hey!
Tera, here. Thanks to the hard work of some of the users (Corta and TheoticalGerbil), we were able to crank out a scroller. It's still a bit basic in concept and we have yet to put in the features that will identify it from the rest of your guys' work. But here it is, XenoCross(working title)! It will feature our lovely heroine in trying situations involving creatures out of this world. We're having so much trouble over here deciding where to go with this one, I thought.... Why not let the end-user decide? Added a modifiable poll to determine how to approach gameplay. You guys are allowed one modifiable vote; and to kinda spice things up, I'll be moving in the direction of the two most popular genres. Added some tie-breakers (for dat Corta) So sit back, tell us what you think and most importantly, report bugs, issues, and personal opinions:

The SWF
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

XenoXAS3.swf [ 87.79 KiB | Viewed 22035 times ]

The Changelog

Doors now depend on whether the player is present to open. Added somewhat new targeting system, only problem is it acts as a toggle and you need to click again to disable lock-on and find another target. I'm working on that, however, it'll be alot better when I add the gui to the characters.

Feature requests will be on hold until the engine is complete. Suggestions don't hurt, but will not be added to the queue.
Terrantor!!!

Re: XenoCross (XenoX) Public Release

Postby fndom » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Awesome work with the animation (specially the bounciness ^_^), although imo maybe both arms and legs could reach a little farther when moving forward. I mean, it seems to me like she is walking while sticking out her chest (an impressive chest btw ;) ).
Cheers
fndom
Newly Registered

Postby Earthsage » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:06 pm

It feels like there's not a lot of information available for the game right now. I'd probably be a little more excited for it if I could see.. Anything besides a basic walking cycle? It's a good walking cycle and it seems okay, but currently the New Game option seems to do.. Nothing, and the only available working thing is Test.
If it's a bug or an issue on my end that'd be good, but I can't really suggest anything if I don't know anything about the game.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Yeah, it's got a lot of work to do. The new game button at this point is just a way to test for memory leaks and make sure everything on the screen gets removed. When there's data to be loaded or cleared, the "new game" and "load game" buttons will have the same functionality as the test button. Right now, I've just got a few anims, graphics, and an engine to work with, so not really much to save or load. For all intents and purposes, treat the "test game" as "new game" for the moment. The new game button will probably evolve into a quit button, ironically. they do need to be on the screen however as the game will not function without them. I'm gonna be trying to get in touch with Ivan A for some background work pretty soon. Til then, it's just gonna be about error reporting engine wise. And Corta's still hard at work with improving the animations, but a little on standby til our artist becomes more available. So as far as the agenda goes, I'll be focusing on collision detection. Which will be fun as corta designed a pretty cool little obstacle course for me to work with.
Terrantor!!!

Postby DCF » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Well she certainly seems well endowed in her breasts and buttocks. This may be heresy but they almost seem too large in comparison the rest of her body.

Looks pretty interesting so far though.
DCF

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:09 pm

DCF Wrote:Well she certainly seems well endowed in her breasts and buttocks. This may be heresy but they almost seem too large in comparison the rest of her body.

Yeah one pair will never satisfy everyone. Corta brought this up a while back and we're thinking about adding some customization properties to the game.
Terrantor!!!

Postby mosquitobait » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
DCF Wrote:Well she certainly seems well endowed in her breasts and buttocks. This may be heresy but they almost seem too large in comparison the rest of her body.

Yeah one pair will never satisfy everyone. Corta brought this up a while back and we're thinking about adding some customization properties to the game.

Yeah, why limit yourself yourself to one pair, when you could have 3 pairs :)
mosquitobait
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:37 am

mosquitobait Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:

I need more. MOOOORRREEEEE!!!

Zeus Kabob

Postby Nobudi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:03 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:
mosquitobait Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:

I need more. MOOOORRREEEEE!!!

Well, I'm not going to be fapping to anything for a while.
Thanks Zeus.
Nobudi

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:28 am

Might be a little hard animating all those bounces, though. I think we'll just stick with 1 pair of varying size, lol. But great idea if we were to take some furry tangents.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:02 am

Nobudi Wrote:
Well, I'm not going to be fapping to anything for a while.
Thanks Zeus.

My pleasure XD
Zeus Kabob

Postby that man » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Interesting so far. I don't know how much you care (or if you already know) but I've actually been able to glitch over the wall to the left.
that man

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:43 am

Yeah, I knew about that one. I actually have a new build to show you guys,but the site's acting weird on my end preventing me from posting an update. But the side collision is working as well as top collision. Thanks for the bug report, I'll post the new build ASAP, though. One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to do the jumps. Those leaps just won't suffice, lol.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:08 am

Updated, y'all. enjoys. I need art!!! :@
Terrantor!!!

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:19 am

Really enjoying what you have going so far? How is your team so far in terms of artists and such?
whatdontlookaatme

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:25 am

Corta's already got a bunch of her part done, I just gotta figure out how to get the anims implemented. Our artist is taking a chill pill, right now so, I'm doing scenery. BTW, what do you guys think so far with the background?
Terrantor!!!

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:32 am

Sounds like things are moving along quite nicely! That's great! And I think the background looks pretty good so far
whatdontlookaatme

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:45 am

Thanks!!! I'll be sure to keep it up.
Terrantor!!!

Postby that man » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:03 am

Nice backgrounds and stage.

The only real problem I have is with the camera, as the lead room is fairly inconsistent on both sides (most notably on the left) and I could see someone getting sick from the running cycle. Also, when I let her stand still, she eventually starts to vibrate up and down really fast.

It's all still better then what I could have done, and I hope you keep up the pace.
that man

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:51 am

that man Wrote:Nice backgrounds and stage.

The only real problem I have is with the camera, as the lead room is fairly inconsistent on both sides (most notably on the left) and I could see someone getting sick from the running cycle. Also, when I let her stand still, she eventually starts to vibrate up and down really fast.

It's all still better then what I could have done, and I hope you keep up the pace.

Good call, now is the bounciness of the camera or the speed at which she runs the problem. The Speed I can fix, the bounce will be a little tricky. I do aim to make the camera feature good as the game will have many cinematics so i've got miles to go on that one, if anyone else has suggestions for this one, please let me know. :)
Terrantor!!!

Next

Return to XenoCross