Resident Evil: Progeny (Last Update: 18/5/2013)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Project - Resident Evil Game

Postby NoPenNameGirl » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 am

BlueLight Wrote:
NoPenNameGirl Wrote:So... I hear you liek zombies? xD

Here a really old sprite that I made, you can use then as base for Cerberos wounded and putridy body of you want. I can help you no more than this, sence I have two projects working on xD

Wow i just downloaded version 3.0. Haven't tried it yet. Anyways thanks for helping out with the projects here.

I go where the smut lives! xD

BTW, to the creator of the game, if you want, I can do base sprites like I do with the cerberus when I have time, to make the work of people that are helping you more deeply less troublesome with the sprite or the way the sprites can be made.

But if course, only if you want, I don't want to put my nose in other people busness or lose my time doing something that never will be of use to someone xP

See ya
Zeta's Project X: Love Potion Disaster spriter/ Mitsuko X helper

Sonic, Cream, New Zeta and Tails spriter.

Visit our forum ^v^http://projectx.zetar02.org/index.php
NoPenNameGirl

Postby Z-Fied » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Since I haven't let any of you know where the project's at I thought I'd give you guys a little update on where I'm at.

- Made the first few areas, graphics and backgrounds for these will be done at another time.
- Created the first bit of actual dialogue (instead of those test ones)
- Finished the camera system, which I'm quite happy with.
- Added a graphical indicator to you when you are nearing death (took a few tries playing around to make sure it wasn't too in your face.)
- Re-worked the physics for the game again, so you are able to jump over things, not get stuck in walls, etc.
- Added a basic sprite and coded a new enemy, the Leech. (Not sure how big I should make these enemies, since when I first made them, they were too small, almost invisible, and I have a feeling that the new version of these are too big.)
- Added more graphic effects
- Created an improved morality bar, however I will probably change it again later to a smaller one.

Current problems / where I'm at

- Player still seems to get stuck in walls when running to the right, but not to the left.
- New key system is messing with my original inventory scripts, will probably need to redo the whole damn thing!
- Going to implement another control for voice volume, keeping it separate from SFX volume.
- Graphics are still being redone. This is currently slowing down, since my animated versions of the base sprite that Thaedael sent me aren't looking anything like the base sprite. I'll need to see where ANoob is at as well.
- Going to do a lot more work on the game before I compose any more music, since I want to make sure I'm only composing music that'll actually be used.
- Mercenaries Mode spawns now seem to be randomly messing up, probably to do with the new camera system, have to look into it.

If you guys want I could upload where I'm at currently so you can have a look at all the changes etc, however as I said, the character sprites will be inconsistent.
Composer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Singer, Programmer, Gamer, and Zombie Expert!

My Project: Resident Evil: Progeny - Blog

"Our limits are only created by our mind, our dreams, our desires."
Z-Fied

Postby muigordoz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:27 pm

I played Resident Evil Zero, the leeches are about the size of an open hand (fingerspan included), but if your not trying to keep the game and going for a larger size for obvious reasons, I'd say about the size (width may vary) of your forearm. I dont know what they were called in Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, but there were snake sized leeches in some sewers, about the width of Jills arm and as long as her leg, imo that would be the roof for the size of a leech. I would advise against making the leeches too small, as they would not only be hard to put details on, but they would certainly up the difficulty because of how small of a target they were. This is just my opiniong though... except for the sizes of the leeches and snake/leech things... I have played a lot of Resident Evil... alot...

some links to show sizes - leech (I think they mean length in cm, not hight. In-game I really do not think the leeches were that large...) http://residentevil.wikia.com/Leech

an idea to add on the standard leech if you run into a lot of them http://residentevil.wikia.com/Leech_Zombie

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Category:Creatures if you want a large list of ideas for further additions (of course later on, dont elaborate on somthing that is not even close to finished). Its every creature from every res game yet.
muigordoz
Newly Registered

Re: Resident Evil: Mutation (Last Update: 28/06/2011)

Postby Z-Fied » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:27 am

Right, just thought I'd update the game, since I require some feedback on all the new things. Please put any discussion in this topic: http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1375

Check bottom of OP for all the new features, and you'll find them in-game too!

However, as I warned, sprites will be extremely inconsistent!

Z-Fied

Postby NoPenNameGirl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:38 am

Well, sence the game owner don't said anything, I guess that is a "No" xD

But someone send me a menssage, wanting to see how I wound draw the Zombie.

So, here is, the Zombie, may be of use to somebody xD

NoPenNameGirl

Postby origamitoast » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 am

lol tahts so fun :D
I love riddles? Do you like riddles? I've got one: What always runs but never walks, has a mouth but never eats, has a bed but never sleeps, has a head but never weeps. Can't get it? It's a river >:3 i've got plenty more just ask me.
origamitoast

Postby Acidrayne360 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:24 am

Suggestions that I have are to make a way to interact with things quickly, that way picking stuff up isn't so dangerous...Either that or make it pause completely or atleast slow down when you open the inventory.
And maybe you can use that same interaction system to open doors and stuff instead of just walking into them. Oh, and the 'generic building' thing made me lol :D

And another thing I found...Is there a sound to listen for when reloading? I haven't heard one cause my speakers are always off when I play games like this...I'll catch hell if my dad catches me on here...Yeah, I'm 19, but according to him, as long as I'm in his house, it's his rules...
But anyways, onward to my point. Maybe you can give some visual indication of reloading, because it's either reloading and it's on purpose or it's a glitch and at some points you can't fire the gun.
Acidrayne360

Postby AngelOfWrath » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:39 am

Nice game, have future, I like to suggest some things:

Maybe a Herb-Mix system, like in the original games, that should be nine!

Maybe you can put too the character "Face" in the dialog box, that is a nice touch

And.... you can put more bigger sprites I guess, because Hentai games need the have detal after all.

But is just a suggestion, so you don't need to mind if you want :lol:

Waiting for the next update!

NoPenNameGirl Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:
NoPenNameGirl Wrote:So... I hear you liek zombies? xD

Here a really old sprite that I made, you can use then as base for Cerberos wounded and putridy body of you want. I can help you no more than this, sence I have two projects working on xD

WOW! Pen here too? A legendary Spriter? :P (Okay okay, that is overdo, but, girl, you rock in spriting! :o )

I like your Cerberus, is creppy as hell, and that is the way that Cerberus should look like! The "glow" effect that you made with sprites in the dog eyes is a nice touch!

I want to see if you will put more of your work in this game too :mrgreen:
"No rest. No Marcy. No matter what!"
AngelOfWrath
Newly Registered

Postby FruitSmoothie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:21 am

Yeah, inventory and items is a bit of a problem atm, could use with some auto grab features and freeze real world when it's open. I'm tired of invincible dogs because I can't crouch, hope that can get in soon!
FruitSmoothie

Postby Z-Fied » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am

Acidrayne360 Wrote:1) Make a way to interact with things quickly
2) Pause completely or atleast slow down when you open the inventory.
3) same interaction system to open doors and stuff instead of just walking into them.
4) Is there a sound to listen for when reloading?
5) Give some visual indication of reloading.

1) Interacting with things quickly? Do you mean when you pick up items you have to go through a couple of menus?
2)The game pauses when you are moving/combining things in your inventory. You'll know when it's paused by the screen going darker, however I didn't want to pause it when you're just browsing through the inventory, everything in real-life wouldn't stop just because you're checking what you have on you! (And also because I made it that you can reload through combining ammo with the gun, which reloads it instantly so I needed a way to slow that down a bit)
3) What do you mean? There is an interaction system for doors, doors won't open until you press Z on them...
4) There is no sound for reloading, I will have to implement one soon.
5) I'll have to do that, any suggestions for what the visual indication could be? (And yes, it is deliberate. If you're unsure, open up the inventory screen and you can see how many bullets you have in the clip next to the gun icon)

Z-Fied

Postby BlueLight » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 am

Z-Fied Wrote:
Acidrayne360 Wrote:
2) Pause completely or atleast slow down when you open the inventory.
5) Give some visual indication of reloading.

2)The game pauses when you are moving/combining things in your inventory. You'll know when it's paused by the screen going darker, however I didn't want to pause it when you're just browsing through the inventory, everything in real-life wouldn't stop just because you're checking what you have on you! (And also because I made it that you can reload through combining ammo with the gun, which reloads it instantly so I needed a way to slow that down a bit)
5) I'll have to do that, any suggestions for what the visual indication could be? (And yes, it is deliberate. If you're unsure, open up the inventory screen and you can see how many bullets you have in the clip next to the gun icon)

2 doesn't seem to resident evil to me. tsk tsk, oh well. I wasn't expecting a game that wouldn't take some liberty's
5 the quick and dirty way would be a load bar basically.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby FruitSmoothie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:29 pm

The world may not stop because you're checking what's on you, but you can continue to see everything around you with a single glance up and continue moving like normal (Which you can't with this system.)
FruitSmoothie

Postby AngelOfWrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 am

I find a bug when I am grabed by the dog and the zombie at the same time. The game lock up when this happens xD

But don't happen so aften, don't worry :lol:

NoPenNameGirl Wrote:Well, sence the game owner don't said anything, I guess that is a "No" xD

But someone send me a menssage, wanting to see how I wound draw the Zombie.

So, here is, the Zombie, may be of use to somebody xD

Awesome Zombie!

And you don't will help? D=

Thats a bummer :cry:, is so bad you don't will help anymore. You may be the best spriter here, i guess :(

I guess he don't want because your sprites are so big, fighting game style, so it dosen't fit with in the game. Is not because of your work, that as I can see in this zombie sprite, is awesome as always! So don't let that turn you down, you still can rock people's world with Project X ;)
"No rest. No Marcy. No matter what!"
AngelOfWrath
Newly Registered

Postby catgirl64 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 am

hello Z-Fied, i would message you privately, but i cant really find the message butten, anyways i was woundering if i could help you in anyway, just to let you know im good with animations, i'v done alot of editing in many many things and some level creation recent with UDK, i was doing a project for a game and iv made a few 3d models and such but, yeah if you need an animator or such like that id be glad to help you out! iv always wanted a prono version of resident evil and this is perfect! if you decide to invite me to help you out just message me! :D
catgirl64

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:50 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:The world may not stop because you're checking what's on you, but you can continue to see everything around you with a single glance up and continue moving like normal (Which you can't with this system.)

Forget about moving. In real life i can reload a gun. with this system i can't.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Z-Fied » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Okay I see that some people had to wait for their posts to be approved. So here's the replies to those:

@NoPenNameGirl

Sorry I didn't reply, I've was waiting for ANoob to get back to me with his versions of the base enemy sprites, however your sprites are very good, and capture the grotesque image that the zombies give. Almost makes me feel sorry for Becca that she'll get screwed by them :P

When ANoob sends me his version of the enemy sprite, I'll compare it and see which one I prefer. However, in comparing your cerberus to ANoobs cerberus, I'll make a few comments:

ANoobs one sticks more to the original RE "Doberman" look, while yours introduces a new style, so I'm a bit conflicted over which one I prefer. Once I've made a decision with the Zombie sprite, then I'll choose the Cerberus.

@AngelOfWrath

(Responses to post #1)

1) There is a mixing herbs system already! Obviously grabbing the herbs first can prove to be difficult unless you're playing on the mercenaries.
2) Character faces could be used, I'll have to see how it would look.

(Responses to post #2)

1) I have never had that happen to me, and I've been testing the game every time I change a single tiny bit. What happens exactly?
2) Read response to NoPenNameGirl

@FruitSmoothie

Auto-grabbing will be a nightmare coding-wise for me, due to the way I've set it up.

Since a few of you have already complained about this, then I will make it so that while the inventory is open (in any part) the game will pause.

@BlueLight

Reloading bar it is. Now where to put it...

(Post #2)
You can reload, just the reloading time is roughly 2 and a half seconds (I've done this for upgrading purposes... damn gone and ruined the suprise!)

@CatGirl

You need 10 posts to be able to message me.

... and check your inbox :D

Progress:

I haven't done any more work on it yet, since I was waiting for some feedback, but now I know what you guys want to see I'll get straight back on it!

Z-Fied

Postby catgirl64 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:30 pm

quick question Z-Fied, what program am i going to use for the um, 2d models, iv never tryed to animate these types of things but i can sure try my best.
catgirl64

Postby NoPenNameGirl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Z-Fied Wrote:Sorry I didn't reply, I've was waiting for ANoob to get back to me with his versions of the base enemy sprites, however your sprites are very good, and capture the grotesque image that the zombies give. Almost makes me feel sorry for Becca that she'll get screwed by them :P

When ANoob sends me his version of the enemy sprite, I'll compare it and see which one I prefer. However, in comparing your cerberus to ANoobs cerberus, I'll make a few comments:

ANoobs one sticks more to the original RE "Doberman" look, while yours introduces a new style, so I'm a bit conflicted over which one I prefer. Once I've made a decision with the Zombie sprite, then I'll choose the Cerberus.

Call me Pen XD

Oh, I don't know that xD. I don't want to compete with anyone xD, but if this make the game better, i am fine xD.

The Cerberus sprites is very old, even I don't remeber when or where I made those sprites, maybe I am doing to make a Demon dog for someone or whatver xD. I always can redraw and make the "guest" fell more confortable with my work. Just ask, I don't find any problem if you want me to modify that old sprites of mine.

Yeah, the Zombie are quite creppy XD, I can tone that down too if you want, I can remove the gore and stuff from him. What want more to see is the Hunter, hunters are sexy! xD

@AngelOfWrath

No no, I am not down or sad xD. Thing like this happens in life, not everybody like my work, and I accepct that because people have freedom to think wherever they want to think. I don't feel sad if somone don't want my help or don't like me sprite, is the person opinion, and, I have to respect that ^^

But, either way, thx for being a fan xD.

NoPenNameGirl

Postby catgirl64 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 pm

also, if you want to talk alot quicker since i cant send private messages yet, and you dont mind but um, if you want to talk through msn or skype or something just send me your info, id kinda apareceate it XD
catgirl64

Postby FruitSmoothie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks for the responses! Reload system will be great and I look forward to the improved inventory workings. This game seems like it could turn out really well, especially with the updated art. I test almost every new version you post up :)

Yeah, waiting for my message to be approved is slightly annoying. I mean, I understand why they want to do it but considering I'm one of the good posters always having to deal with it, it's bleh.
FruitSmoothie

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects