Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - something to look at, I guess..

Postby Entropy960 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:14 am

So this is where this game came from, found it on a few other sites but its nice to see the owner's version.
Entropy960

Postby FurrinGok » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Entropy960 Wrote:So this is where this game came from, found it on a few other sites but its nice to see the owner's version.

Actually, it did not originate from here, either. Humingbird0 has his own website.

Post edited to include strikethrough because of a misunderstanding on which thread I was in.
Last edited by FurrinGok on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Darthan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:55 am

FurrinGok Wrote:Actually, it did not originate from here, either. Humingbird0 has his own website.

I think you may be a bit confused here. Corta is this game's creator, not Humbird0.
Darthan

Postby FurrinGok » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:58 am

Darthan Wrote:
FurrinGok Wrote:Actually, it did not originate from here, either. Humingbird0 has his own website.

I think you may be a bit confused here. Corta is this game's creator, not Humbird0.

I could have sworn I clicked on the Pokemon hentai thread when I saw that comment, my bad.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok

Postby Entropy960 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:26 am

The custom characters I find to be highly entertaining XD
Entropy960

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:26 am

so, after some brief engine-crisis, project 'make a proper game' is starting back up again.
good news for everyone who hated the semi turn-based combat, bwup-bwah -- it's gone.
I wanted to make a sexy xcom, but things were getting way too complicated and not fun to play..

so, I'm going to try and modify the old splatformer controls with some of the new gunplay animations and see if it's a game yet.

anyhoo, there's been some new costumes since
mostly unfinished, but the latest sent in by ivan last night
it's about time somebody got to see 'em.

loads of new stuff, most notably, tifa and zone have 'reversible' hair.
that is, they have left and right sides. (open the credits, right click play or show back for reverse view)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 6.1 MiB | Viewed 4700 times ]

Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - nope, no prototypes here.

Postby Myuu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:30 am

Hmm. I would volunteer in the art department, but there are a few things that I find myself stalling at. Mainly, they are coloring (never got that down) and... well, Flash. I've only ever drawn things. I'm not sure if there's some complicated format I'd have to turn the illustration Into, or if i'm just overthinking it and I'm just supposed to make and submit things. (Nevermind following a template)

Derp
Myuu

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:28 am

ObsidianVoid Wrote:Hmm. I would volunteer in the art department, but there are a few things that I find myself stalling at. Mainly, they are coloring (never got that down) and... well, Flash. I've only ever drawn things. I'm not sure if there's some complicated format I'd have to turn the illustration Into, or if i'm just overthinking it and I'm just supposed to make and submit things. (Nevermind following a template)

Derp

Flash has its own model format, and animating a model requires this formatting. Mostly it comes down to vector images that are tied together at mounting points, so if you want to try your hand at creating (or editing) a set of body parts that can be mounted into a usable model, then I think that'd work well.
Zeus Kabob

Postby NelsonFoxPaws » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:47 am

Corta, new tools for character creation interesting, especially the effects of eye movements. He created a perfect Krystal. I hope you will soon add these tools to the new version of the game. Wants to play for "the Queen of Shadow wolves" :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

NelsonFoxPaws

Postby Myuu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 am

Oh, vectors? Pssh, I can do that. If all that was required was some run-of-the-mill disembodied humanoid heads and limbs, I could run that easily. Maybe throw a template at me, or is this all from scratch?

Worry not community. An artist that can't color for shit may join your ranks yet.
Myuu

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby NelsonFoxPaws » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:51 am

corta Wrote:I wanted to make a sexy xcom, but things were getting way too complicated and not fun to play..

And why not make aiming with the mouse?
NelsonFoxPaws

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:35 pm

ObsidianVoid Wrote:Oh, vectors? Pssh, I can do that. If all that was required was some run-of-the-mill disembodied humanoid heads and limbs, I could run that easily. Maybe throw a template at me, or is this all from scratch?

Worry not community. An artist that can't color for shit may join your ranks yet.

Mainly because of the origin of this forum, most of our models are based on Playshapes' models. I don't recall seeing any pre-separated models, but if you have the ability to open up .fla files then you can grab a good number of models for reference.

I'm excited! It's always great to get new artists!
Zeus Kabob

Postby corta » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 pm

ObsidianVoid Wrote:Oh, vectors? Pssh, I can do that. If all that was required was some run-of-the-mill disembodied humanoid heads and limbs, I could run that easily. Maybe throw a template at me, or is this all from scratch?

or, if we wanted to keep things simple -- anything you can draw, I can trace. ;)
whatever leads to more prettier artsies.
there's no bonus points for difficulty.

NelsonFoxPaws Wrote:
corta Wrote:I wanted to make a sexy xcom, but things were getting way too complicated and not fun to play..

And why not make aiming with the mouse?

hmm.. I've found some new mouse functions recently,
might be a good chance to revisit splitting the torso and legs for the animations, now that I'm making new sets.
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Myuu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 pm

I'll tackle one of the designs and see if I can be of any use. Luckily, I'm familiar with most of the characters.
Myuu

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:17 pm

If y'ever implement aiming with the mouse, I hope it's optional - I hate mouse-aiming in 2D sidescrollers.
Lucky777

Postby Myuu » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:56 am

Alright you treacherous swine, it's been over five hours and, after a crash course on using Flash CS6, I feel enough of my brain cells have died to leave only the smart ones behind.

Phase One has started on this b*tch. Seeing as how I'm just drawing sh*t, I won't touch coding and will continue to leave it in the corner. I'll update as follows. *Applies helmet*
Myuu

Postby FurrinGok » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Quit censoring yourself. These are adult-only forums, there's no need for it.
FurrinGok

Postby Myuu » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm

FurrinGok Wrote:Quit censoring yourself. These are adult-only forums, there's no need for it.

If I can so much as get people to mentally hear a *beep* noise, my purpose for those were not wasted.

Besides, I spend too much time on moderated forums. Oh god, the moderated forums...
Myuu

Postby Myuu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:22 am

I'd appreciate knowing where you'd want me to dump these off once finished.

Currently tackling:

EDI: 30%
Tali (ME2): 90%
Evangelion Plugsuits (Rei, Asuka, and Mari: 10%
True Midna: 10%

I'll keep it limited.

I'll keep things 'traditional' and not divulge too far from the current designs of characters. I had accidentally made a few additional designs set as 'BackofLeg/Front', 'BackofLeg/Back'.
Myuu

Postby Myuu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 am

Tali's progress so far
Attachments
LOK Work TALI.jpg
Progress? -3-
Myuu

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects