Collars Rebirth

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Collars

Postby Nekomatic » Tue May 27, 2014 12:23 am

Mickele: I seem to have now successfully fixed all of the mentioned errors except 2.

The never ending letter system is being quite stubborn....
And the recipe book error doesn't happen for me, even in various use combos. Do you perhaps remember the exact order you read the books in?

Also, the green and blue books should NOT exist, as they have been replaced with scripts. The skills you see [or don't see, in this situation...] are deleted, I just forgot to delete the items. Fixed.

I plan on altering the harvesting system....either to make EVERY item on ALL maps collectable once a day [very long and strenuous work, considering maybe around 70 harvestable items exist...] or make the success rate very, very, very low....[easier, but far more annoying.]

Miko's bath error was caused by the wrong conditions being checked for. Fixed.
Day 7 loop seems to be Fixed.
Side note: Miko's 3rd 'date' is not finished, supposed to have H scene in the future. Not sure if you are stuck in this when you start it.
As for the lack of interaction after date 3, I have little or no dialogue for anybody after that, so that is normal.
The collar system is only completed a little [the choice system, but no choices] so thats normal as well.
The running boots are now useable, this was because the armor type was 'none', same with the other boots. Fixed.
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Tue May 27, 2014 12:30 am

Kvier: Alright, I can certainly see that when compared to the job incomes...This will be greatly reduced on most items.

'Once per area' meaning in order to refresh the items, you have to leave the map [going inside building does not count] in order to refresh the system. I will test them in a minute to see what differences I might have missed.

The bath scene has been fixed.

I believe somebody else mentioned this on the blog, If its the 'tenshi asks about kimura residence, game freezes' glitch, then it has been fixed. Miko is supposed to appear, but her route was blocked, therefore halting the entire scene.

Also, his love letter was incorrectly placed, it should be after his affection reaches a certain point but it was appearing on day 2.

Hmm....Not a bad idea with the interaction cap....
I might play around and test how this works...
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Tue May 27, 2014 12:32 am

Actually, when I get the awful forever letters bug fixed, I might release the less buggy demo, since some of these were quite annoying to say the least.
Nekomatic

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue May 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Nekomatic Wrote:Actually, when I get the awful forever letters bug fixed, I might release the less buggy demo, since some of these were quite annoying to say the least.

I would like that, i'm liking the game a lot, I've chosen to work at the company though, by the way, i have a problem, on day 15 a guy with orange hair appears in the door and the game freezes after he talks...
AllenAndArth

Postby kvier » Wed May 28, 2014 2:27 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:i have a problem, on day 15 a guy with orange hair appears in the door and the game freezes after he talks...
That's Tenshi. Nekomatic said they've found the bug and fixed it, and it will be part of the next release.
kvier

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed May 28, 2014 7:44 pm

kvier Wrote:
AllenAndArth Wrote:i have a problem, on day 15 a guy with orange hair appears in the door and the game freezes after he talks...
That's Tenshi. Nekomatic said they've found the bug and fixed it, and it will be part of the next release.

I feel stupid now, sorry about the question, i'll pay more attention to the posts now, by the way...thanks for pointing it out for me :D
AllenAndArth

Postby Nekomatic » Thu May 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Don't feel stupid, always feel free to ask or mention something.

Also, an improved demo is now up on the blogger post if you want to test it out.
Be sure as always to notify me of anything you might think be unintentional or a bug.

https://mega.co.nz/#!TwAAwIgD!ptTsskmAB ... 8mf0lD6QqQ
Nekomatic

Postby kvier » Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 am

I really like both the premise and how the game is shaping up :)

• The cows all stop walking when you extract.
  • If for some reason the cow somehow managed to move while your were extracting such that isn't adjacent to you at the end, you get a milk for free. I only ever got this to happen once out of several dozen milkings.
  • The skills books are kinda expensive in comparison to everything remaining... I don't know how fast you're supposed to be able to acquire them. Given that the game explicitly warns you at the beginning to not level up relationships before you have the relevant skills ...
  • For debugging purposes, you left Izuna with a pile of 90 Russian Tauro at the beginning :)
  • Not a bug, just odd: After the cryptic dream (in space, with the purple veiny floor stuff), it neither advances the day, nor is Miko downstairs with pancakes afterwards.
  • Elle's first event loops forever
  • The first time you enter Miko's room after her first event, it teleports Izuna back to the kitchen.
  • After Miko's second event Izuna's avatar is stuck as her "naked in water" appearance.
  • Relatedly, Izuna's "naked in water" appearance is too low by one pixel from what it should be (blue lines appear at the top of her sprite)
  • There's an invisible object on the right side of Izuna's room, that when you interact with it it says "+6 days" and nothing else seems to happen.
  • Trying to give an item to Elle when you have none, or trying to talk to her after you run out of things to talk about, leaves her portrait on screen.
  • The sofa that contained the invisible Vladimir in the hotel is now walk-through-able.
  • It would be nice if there was some in-game way to translate the strange letter.
  • Changing jobs (hence resetting day = level) restarts all the timed events (so you get another set of collars on day 2, and presumably you'd go to the concert again on day 8, &c)
  • Are there any repeatable events that make Izuna horny? It's hard to boost your Attractiveness without...
  • Does anything permanently affect strength or reputation?
  • What determines Notoriety?
  • Does hanging out do anything (yet)?
The sleepytime pill (gotten via combat) made me laugh :) ... also has the advantage that it teleports you back into the house.
kvier

Postby Nekomatic » Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 am

I saw that list, and all I can say is 'wow....nice!'
Anyways, I read the list and began on finding/fixing the errors in order. Let's see now...

1-Fixed, cows move fine after being harvested. Fixed
2-I may have altered that error into being more minimal, as I have also made the cows a tad slower. If the error keeps up, I may have to make them stationary.
3-The skill books have not been edited in price yet, this is not permanent and they should be a little more affordable in the next release. 250 has been taken off the prices of the books. Fixed
4-Do you know exactly what point of the game you noticed this? I can't seem to find the area where these are added.
5-I haven't added the pancakes xD and it should now replenish the stats and level the day.
6-Tested, see what you mean. I forgot to add the 'don't have that skill yet' interaction. This one is being added in quickly. Fixed
7-That's supposed to happen to prevent conflict with the shower scene. Might edit this later on.
8-Forgot to add the change. Fixed
9-Going to make slight edits to the sprite soon.
10-Leftover from testing. Fixed
11-Should be Fixed
12-Should be Fixed
13-It's in russian.
14-Have to look into this, being quite the annoying error.
15- Some items and monster encounters are programmed, but not in yet.
16-Not yet.
17-Nothing for now. But 'stealing' should.
18-Not yet.

I'm glad you like the game so far and thanks for the help with catching errors!
Nekomatic

Postby FMC » Fri May 30, 2014 7:08 pm

I have a few questions myself.

Are there any 'Job events' yet?
Are there any events that use the skill books yet? Especially the bondage?
People don't talk to you anymore when you've maxed out what they say, so you can't give them any collars, either (even if it doesn't do anything yet).
And where do you get the Charm Skill to advance forward in the Devil job? Or is that not in yet?
FMC

Postby Matpneumatos » Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 pm

So what's the song at the beginnig of the game?
Matpneumatos

Postby kvier » Fri May 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Nekomatic: It wasn't too hard (although tedious) for me to transcribe the letter into a translation service. I was just wondering if there was going to be an in-universe way for Izuna to find out what the note is.
The 90 Russian Tauro come from interacting with the small yellow chest of drawers on the desk next to Izuna's computer.

Matpneumatos: Song is youtu.be/03gJMZAzBf4 ... the rest of the song's a lot, uh, gothier.
kvier

Postby Nekomatic » Sat May 31, 2014 5:25 am

FMC: No. Well...Ok, SORT OF...There is only a base intro for one, the orgy club in Sacred pancreas...It's partially complete, but it's only the intro where you catch the orgy in progress and are initiated into the club. I wouldn't consider it a scene, but its a start.

Bondage? None that use the skill, but there is one sort of bondage scene in Vladamir's path.
Other skill books? Yes. Breast experience [LL4] and oral [LL1] are recommended for Elle, Breast experience and Footjobs [LL5] for Tenshi. Bondage books will mainly be used in Vladimir's path, but I plan on there being some in Miko's as well.

Unfortunately, the collar system [including the option to put them on] might take a while, as the collar slave system will be quite large.
Actually let me explain just a few things that the slave system will do.

-Make slaves perform sexy stuff on other npcs
---This will also give you the option of impregnating the female npcs
---This will also make it possible to increase relations between characters through sex.
-Equip slaves with certain items/clothing sets [pictures in the future.]
-Use items on slaves, giving them the same effects [example: arousal, poisoned, so on...] as you would.
-Should be easy to guess, but allow you to make the slave perform sexy stuff on you, instant relief from certain states.

Also, I only have a set amount of dialogue with the npcs [at varying levels, but usually right after the relation level up.] where there is no dialogue or nothing at all.
This extra dialogue will be added later on after the other features have enough progress added to them.

No, some skills are still being placed...Sorry about that, shall be adding them in soon.
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Sat May 31, 2014 5:27 am

Matpeneumatos: It's a slightly altered version of a small part of the MSI song 'Stalkers'. Not sure if I butchered it by adding extra instrumental parts, but that part of the song seemed like it would fit for an opening to the game.
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Sat May 31, 2014 5:34 am

Kvier: Sorry about that, but the translation probably wont happen. Izuna doesn't know russian at all, so it kind of fits the story for her getting a letter she can't understand if it's difficult for the players to understand. It's kind of the same with the cryptic speak in the dreams, it's indecipherable to provide suspense. However, it will probably be mentioned in game and have them talk about what the letter says.

Thank you for pinpointing this down. I also forgot the panties were there too. Fixed
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Sat May 31, 2014 5:35 am

Alright, now that I have been given a few ideas of which areas to start working on, I shall be busy for a bit.
Nekomatic

Postby FMC » Sat May 31, 2014 5:44 am

And now you know what's coming next.

Is Vlad available at all in the current iteration of the demo?
FMC

Postby Nekomatic » Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 pm

I actually have most of his dialogue and some of his scenes up and running, but its useless to say that because his intro scene is still in progress.
Still trying to work out the details of the reunion with Vlad.
Nekomatic

Postby FMC » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:27 am

Haha, just asking because I wanna get tied up. :P
FMC

Postby Nekomatic » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:54 am

Well then, the one with Vladimir that I do have is a sort of 'tied up and teased with a toy' scene. So that might/might not suit your fancy.
Nekomatic

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects