The Legend of Krystal, Version G (Finished)

Re: The Legend of Krystal, Version G (Finished)

Postby AllenAndArth » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Good game, good game indeed
AllenAndArth

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 am

konamicode13 Wrote:It's a pony-based image board, and it apparently doesn't accept flash files, so never mind I guess. :/

I'm not sure if me wanting to post it somewhere else made it clear, but I like the animations. I could always try making a gif or screenshot, but I wasn't sure if posting them was a good idea to begin with, so probably not.

sad day

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

install_mlp.swf [ 14.42 KiB | Viewed 15391 times ]

Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby SloppyJoe403 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 pm

There certainly is a lack of good MLP games out there.

It would be awesome if you decide to go the pony-route!
SloppyJoe403

Postby Clairite » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 am

I give whatever my support is worth behind MLP stuff.
Clairite

Postby tracingthelines » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Clairite Wrote:I give whatever my support is worth behind MLP stuff.

To counterpoint, I am entirely against seeing more of it. It is not content I enjoy, and I would prefer to see something else if you are not already dead-set on it.
tracingthelines
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby napala » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 pm

tracingthelines Wrote:
Clairite Wrote:I give whatever my support is worth behind MLP stuff.

To counterpoint, I am entirely against seeing more of it. It is not content I enjoy, and I would prefer to see something else if you are not already dead-set on it.

To semi-counterpoint. I agree it's something that I don't enjoy, and I never will, but, as long as people respect people like you and me by tagging MLP stuff as such, and putting it on spoilers like Gorepete did, we have to show respect their... "likes".

Ohh god, writing that burned my fingertips. F*cking politeness and respect bullshit.
napala

Postby tracingthelines » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Apalapan Wrote:
To semi-counterpoint. I agree it's something that I don't enjoy, and I never will, but, as long as people respect people like you and me by tagging MLP stuff as such, and putting it on spoilers like Gorepete did, we have to show respect their... "likes". Ohh god, writing that burned my fingertips. F*cking politeness and respect bullshit.

Yeah, it's fine so long as it's kept out of the way of the masses who abhor it. I only spoke up because Gorepete said they were unsure on whether they wanted to do an MLP game or not, and it's quite important to note that a majority of people (unless we've had a brony influx that I haven't heard about) will not be fans of the content. With three other possible projects on the table, why go with the one that will potentially be the least-liked, or at least the most polarizing?
tracingthelines

Postby konamicode13 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 am

tracingthelines, have you looked at his avatar? Maybe he likes something you don't, and wants to make something accordingly. Demon getting fucked by a cooked pig is pretty polarizing, but Dusty's Castle seems to have been a successful and well-liked project. You're entitled to your own preferences, but so is everyone else, especially those who put their own work and creative energy into something like this.
konamicode13

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm

So.....about those spinoff games based on Gore's LOK game.... (Serously, and I know it's not my thread, and I'm not a mod, but if Gore wants to do something new, cool. But everything for the last few posts is technically off topic. Can we get a new thread for a separate project? I'd like to see posts and updates in this thread relating to the LOK game.)
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby fragmasterson » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 am

Really good flash game, hope you eventually get back to it, and maybe do a sequel of some sort or make the original game longer.
fragmasterson

Postby ralanost » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:08 pm

3DMaster Wrote:When I download the game and play it in Flash Player, it won't go beyond 100%. No amount of clicking or right-clicking and then forward does anything.

To go with this, I have an error message.

TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter type must be non-null.
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/addEventListener()
at flash.display::Stage/addEventListener()
at LoKvG_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()

So, is it something on my end or is the flash tied to something on the website and can't be played offline?
ralanost
Newly Registered

Postby tracingthelines » Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 pm

konamicode13 Wrote:tracingthelines, have you looked at his avatar? Maybe he likes something you don't, and wants to make something accordingly. Demon getting fucked by a cooked pig is pretty polarizing, but Dusty's Castle seems to have been a successful and well-liked project. You're entitled to your own preferences, but so is everyone else, especially those who put their own work and creative energy into something like this.

Yes, I know this. You clearly didn't read what I said before, about how he wasn't sure on whether he wanted to do it yet or not, instead only seeing "I HATE PONIES". I voiced my concern in hopes of swaying him away from the idea and towards the other ones, just as Clairite (and you I suppose) have voiced yours for the idea. It's entirely up to Gore what he wants to do, and I will respect it whichever way he decides to go, but I pointed out that a Pony game will almost certainly not be received nearly as well as something different.

If we're gonna go to a new thread, that'll be good, especially if it's a "Gorepete's Next Project: Vote on what you'd like to see!" sort of thing, I'd think. Then again, some people might not like the idea of their preferred project having a chance at being held off for more interesting things. Definitely up to the man himself though.
tracingthelines

Postby jur07dbe » Mon May 05, 2014 8:34 pm

ralanost Wrote:
3DMaster Wrote:When I download the game and play it in Flash Player, it won't go beyond 100%. No amount of clicking or right-clicking and then forward does anything.

To go with this, I have an error message.

TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter type must be non-null.
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/addEventListener()
at flash.display::Stage/addEventListener()
at LoKvG_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()

So, is it something on my end or is the flash tied to something on the website and can't be played offline?

are you using the debug build of flash?
jur07dbe

Postby SpaceTea » Fri May 09, 2014 8:10 pm

This has to be one of the best adult games that I've played.

Good job, GorePete :D
SpaceTea

Postby HeruSolares » Fri May 09, 2014 8:28 pm

well it's been more than a month, and I can't cntroll my curiosity any longer...
Got any updates to show us? :D
HeruSolares

Postby GoRepeat » Tue May 13, 2014 3:15 am

trunks2585 Wrote:So.....about those spinoff games based on Gore's LOK game.... (Serously, and I know it's not my thread, and I'm not a mod, but if Gore wants to do something new, cool. But everything for the last few posts is technically off topic. Can we get a new thread for a separate project? I'd like to see posts and updates in this thread relating to the LOK game.)

ITS MY THREAD I DO WHAT I WANT!

Just kidding, good point. So it has been a while since the FLA has been released... did anyone have any questions about how to add stuff to the base game or what/where stuff is in my horrible code?
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby DataLoss » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi.

I found this game on newgrounds a while back and eventually worked my way here. As I had some free time this week I took a look at the FLA file and, as it happens, I do have some questions about it:

First regarding the charStats array you use to store the game state in, how exactly is it formatted? I've had a look through the code and taken some guesses at what each of the array members represents but they are just guesses:

0: int - looks like this controls the costume Krystal is wearing.
1: array of 30 ints - seems to be the schedule for the current month, jobs for each day encoded as an integer (presumably via the mapping defined in getLabor() from the Work frame)
2: array of 11 ints then a string then 3 ints - the first 11 seem to represent Krystals stats (5 primary + 5 secondary + stress), the string seems to be the virginity indicator that's no longer used and I've no idea what the last 3 values do
3: int - looks like some encoding for where in the various dialogue trees you currently are - if so an explanation of the coding scheme would be nice
4: int - current season number
5: bool - no idea what this does, I think it gets set to false at the start of every month but I haven't seen anywhere it can be set to true yet, I may need to look harder.
6: bool - same as 5, not the foggiest
7: int - current day number
8: int - looks like this once represented gold but a skim of the start of this thread suggest that was discontinued?
9: bool - another mystery boolean, no idea what it does
10: array of 1 int then 12 bools - no idea what this does, I'm not doing very well at identifying boolean values :oops:
11: array of maybe 12 or 13 (looks like 13 but it seems to be indexed starting from 1 so effectively 12) arrays of 5 ints - not quite sure but it seems to be indexed by an identified for a towns person (of which there are 12) so I guess some sort of state relating to them?

Anything else I'm missing?

Secondly I've found all the code from the main timeline and the code you hid in the dialogueBox (which was sneaksy of you), is there any more I'm missing?
DataLoss
Newly Registered

Postby VladimirDrago » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:33 am

This game will forever be a corner stone in terms of Hentai themed games. (To me atleast)
The story is amazing, the game play hardly gets dull and the art, THE ART is incredible as well.
over all 10/10 would (and will) Play again
VladimirDrago

Postby eaenidu » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 pm

um help every time I tr to play it says Infi%
"I mean, that thing about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? Well, how the fuck else are you supposed to figure out if it’s full of Greeks?”
eaenidu

Postby DataLoss » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:20 pm

eaenidu Wrote:um help every time I tr to play it says Infi%

Which flash player version are you using and where are you getting the .swf from? the inf% is caused by your flash player being unable to determine how big it expects the full file to be and therefore derping and setting it to 0 (leading to a divide by 0). This can be a problem with the server not setting the content-length header correctly (this seems to be a problem most commonly for servers that gzip response bodies for bandwidth reasons) or it could just be your flash player being bad.

In any case I'll have a go at getting a "fixed" version together from the FLA Gorepete posted, hopefully by the end of the week (no promises).
DataLoss
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop