what happened to krystal?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: what happened to krystal?

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Dactyl, I had to literally make a brand new model, so I just took your model, broke it up and made it into one big monster. Sorry about that, your model is great for animation, but coding was impossible. As for the animations, I have to make them myself because the ones you send warp up my model. So I pretty much trace your motion and I get a little carried away. sorry. :( I'll try to find a way to get them open on your pc, because if we can operate with the same model, i can just drag and drop your models into place and no modifications :) By the way, you should really look into Motion Tweening as opposed to Classic Tweening. It's way easier.

What is the difference between our models really? Is it our actionscripts or something? I have no idea..
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 am

Same here, I don't think it's the actionscript, I port each one over just fine. What's your creative suite version?
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Same here, I don't think it's the actionscript, I port each one over just fine. What's your creative suite version?

CS4
DactyllionVinnie

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:30 pm

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Wow really nice ! :shock:

Meh, just something I threw together. I found the models I was looking for in Corta's game, though! I added the armory and gathering job for testing. Libido is artifically inflated to help trigger the sex animations (tied to stress, just work without resting and you should hit them).
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Mr D » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Ok time to be dead honest. What you just put together Gore is superior to Playshapes LoK flash in every way. I know this might be just my opinion but those models (by Katsu right?) are a lot better than Playshapes old krystal/liz/peach model (that are still used and I am a bit sick of them by now). There is an actual game mechanic that makes this a game unlike the just go left/right for sex mechanic. Animation is great in both how smooth it is or the way they move and look. I am not sure how far you will take this because I know that trying to stay motivated is a big issue and what you do is just for fun. But if I could pick one LoK remake, It would be this one.
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Gorepete Wrote:

Meh, just something I threw together. I found the models I was looking for in Corta's game, though! I added the armory and gathering job for testing. Libido is artifically inflated to help trigger the sex animations (tied to stress, just work without resting and you should hit them).

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

install_krys.swf

Hey, would you mind passing over the .fla? Dactyl and I are having trouble with the current one. Plus, Mr. D is right, those models just work. their style fits right in with RP's backgrounds, too.

Oh, and I was hoping if, once we got our shit together if you can work on the rpg elements. I have an idea on how Krystal's stats can affect gameplay.
Terrantor!!!

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 am

Gorepete Wrote:

install_krys.swf

Heh, seems we have a winner. I'm still playing around with the schedule and various combinations. (We totally need to add maid and nurse outfits to the selections).

I don't expect the new team to use this exact setup, and while it's nice and works very well. I'd like something that ties at least the opening story more closely into the original game. (Crash landing, having to live day to day in the tribe, maybe have a work schedule like this set up, maybe not. Earning respect from the tribe, fighting with your libido, and trying to find fox and if you can escape.)

This is a great demo of what can be done, how these models can be used and animated, and how they work well with RPs backgrounds. I'm no coder so hell if I know, but I bet if Gore gives you the .fla file, your issues with animating a model will be resolved.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby ronpepper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:29 am

Gorepete, I have to say you've done it again. This is a great example of what could be done. It might need a little fleshing out, obviously, but I think it forms a good foundation. What I would like to see is a bit of that intro about how Krystal crash-landed. I just think that's an important element. She wants to go back to her ship, but she's marooned, so she's doing .. well, what it takes to get by.

I could see there were no flames in the sconces and other such headaches, I mean, if people really want to focus on such details. I can fix that with the layers I have saved in photoshop. Standing by to help out with elements as needed.
ronpepper

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:15 am

ronpepper Wrote:Gorepete, I have to say you've done it again. This is a great example of what could be done. It might need a little fleshing out, obviously, but I think it forms a good foundation. What I would like to see is a bit of that intro about how Krystal crash-landed. I just think that's an important element. She wants to go back to her ship, but she's marooned, so she's doing .. well, what it takes to get by.

I could see there were no flames in the sconces and other such headaches, I mean, if people really want to focus on such details. I can fix that with the layers I have saved in photoshop. Standing by to help out with elements as needed.

Oh yeah, for the intro, what would you say to making the cloud background? along with some cloud sprites, I have some ideas on how that one plays out. Dactyl, that reminds me, think you can pose a reptile like he's falling from the sky and animate one banging on an Arwing? I'm gonna try sending you a CS4 version of Krystal, if that don't work, we need a new model. :(
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
ronpepper Wrote:Gorepete, I have to say you've done it again. This is a great example of what could be done. It might need a little fleshing out, obviously, but I think it forms a good foundation. What I would like to see is a bit of that intro about how Krystal crash-landed. I just think that's an important element. She wants to go back to her ship, but she's marooned, so she's doing .. well, what it takes to get by.

Oh yeah, for the intro, what would you say to making the cloud background? along with some cloud sprites, I have some ideas on how that one plays out. Dactyl, that reminds me, think you can pose a reptile like he's falling from the sky and animate one banging on an Arwing? I'm gonna try sending you a CS4 version of Krystal, if that don't work, we need a new model. :(

So you want me to make an animation similar to the one of the intro for the original game? Do you want me to wait for the cloud sky background first?
DactyllionVinnie

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:

So is it safe to assume you guys are going to try and use Katsu's models over the originals now?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:18 am

DactyllionVinnie Wrote:So you want me to make an animation similar to the one of the intro for the original game? Do you want me to wait for the cloud sky background first?

Yeah, but give him some emotion and energy. :) And you don't need to animate the falling one, I'll make him fall with code. just pose him, really.

trunks2585 Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:

So is it safe to assume you guys are going to try and use Katsu's models over the originals now?

Katsu's are gonna be the ones we use for the game, yes.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:03 am

SextupleEntendre Wrote:There was a download link for all the unfinished Area 52 work a long time ago, but I think it had gone down the last time I checked.
I still have all the files, and I don't think most of them were ever directly uploaded to the forums. If you need the other models or whatnot I can upload those, too.
Hooray for being a hardcore lurker for years!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by reposting this.
This content was created by the original Area 52 team, not me.

... Wow. sorry I missed that post. Well I'll try to add those parts into my model, I may have to scale the parts around to maintain proportions with the model I sent dactyl. Will that cause funny behavior, codewise, gore?
Terrantor!!!

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Yeah. I fleshed out the default chat dialogue and added a bit of an intro. I also set up an "event" mechanic where specific event dialogue can be triggered outside the normal chat options. For example, if you hit chat, it will do the default for whatever that month is, however, if during the week you lose your virginity, Kari asks Krystal about it (replacing the default for that week). The goal is to have triggered events, seasonal events, and possibly random events (traveler/merchant/etc like in PM). This fills the gap between schedules and makes it so there is something between starting at the same animations play over and over during the week.

@Terr: I will have to break the sprites back down or you will have the same issues. Right now they are all tied to some AS3 script and IK(bone) structures in CS6, which I am guessing from your previous conversations will not work out. What is the lowest version of Flash being used by your team? I should be able to clean them up and back them down to it.
... Wow. sorry I missed that post. Well I'll try to add those parts into my model, I may have to scale the parts around to maintain proportions with the model I sent dactyl. Will that cause funny behavior, codewise, gore?

That is a loaded question, it depends on how you have your characters set up. What I do is embed the actual animations in a "stage" movie clip so that way I can scale them as much as I want within the movie clip, and it won't impact the game (because the "stage" movie clip is the one being manipulated by the code). For example:

Code: Select All Code
Stage ->
    Stage Krystal Movie Clip ->
       Idle Left Animation
       Idle Right Animation
       Move Left Animation
       Move Right Animation

Then on the main timeline I have the following code looping on an Enter Frame event:
Code: Select All Code
MoveClip(getChildByName("Krystal")).gotoAndStop(curAct+curDir);

Where Krystal is the name of the stage clip, curAct is the current action (move/idle) and curDir is the direction (1 or 0). So an Act of 1 (idle) and a Dir of 0 (left) would have the krystal sprite go to frame 1 (1+0) which is Idle Left. Hope that helps.
GoRepeat

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 pm

I did find those models on page 2 and they look really good. I am probably gonna use those (that way our games don't look too similar ;) ). That'll save you the trouble of breaking em down and stuff. As for your movement codes, I approach it a little differently. Instead of a frame for each direction, i just flip the _xscale on krystal with the detection of a button press. I have single frames of idle and walking that are also activated by key presses and releases. Aside from losing the ability to track krystal's direction, it works fine for what I'm doing.
Terrantor!!!

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:I did find those models on page 2 and they look really good. I am probably gonna use those (that way our games don't look too similar ;) ). That'll save you the trouble of breaking em down and stuff. As for your movement codes, I approach it a little differently. Instead of a frame for each direction, i just flip the _xscale on krystal with the detection of a button press. I have single frames of idle and walking that are also activated by key presses and releases. Aside from losing the ability to track krystal's direction, it works fine for what I'm doing.

Okay so you don't need any sprites then?
GoRepeat

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:16 pm

well the lowest version is cs4, if you feel up to making them compatible, I'll take 'em. That way Dactyl and I have something to work with.
Terrantor!!!

Postby ronpepper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 am

Gorepete Wrote:

Yeah. I fleshed out the default chat dialogue and added a bit of an intro. I also set up an "event" mechanic where specific event dialogue can be triggered outside the normal chat options. For example, if you hit chat, it will do the default for whatever that month is, however, if during the week you lose your virginity, Kari asks Krystal about it (replacing the default for that week).

See, this is all cool. I especially like triggering plot progress using chat, and I think that is a must. Perhaps more events need to be plugged in to the story, because if people don't click chat once in a while, it feels like you're just in a hamster wheel incrementing stat numbers on RAM.

Having read the chat earlier, I thought back on it today .. and my feeling was, it did the job. I'm reluctant to go back and try to make a sky scene. How can we top the scene from the first? I mean, really, how do you out-shock a scene where lizard men drop out of the sky, cling to your space fighter jets, crack open the canopy of Krystal's jet, and then with no regard for their personal safety, face-fuck her as long as you like? I mean, honestly folks, even satirically, if we did that scene and after that they pulled out a softball and mitt and started playing catch with the other lizardmen on the other fighter jet, I mean, satire would only go so far. Maybe better to leave that alone and just catch up with the chat, maybe with a slightly less manly font than impact. Words however seem just about right, as GP wrote them. I just feel ho-hum about making another sky scene, as that other one really hit the mark and PlayShapes deserves a lot of credit for that. The audacity of smut. I did make a Fox's bedroom, which took ages in case anyone cares, and if you think you might want to use it, lemme know. A dream, perhaps while snoozing the afternoon away on one of those rest days? There are backgrounds galore to begin animating with.
ronpepper

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:56 pm

ronpepper Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:

Yeah. I fleshed out the default chat dialogue and added a bit of an intro. I also set up an "event" mechanic where specific event dialogue can be triggered outside the normal chat options. For example, if you hit chat, it will do the default for whatever that month is, however, if during the week you lose your virginity, Kari asks Krystal about it (replacing the default for that week).

See, this is all cool. I especially like triggering plot progress using chat, and I think that is a must. Perhaps more events need to be plugged in to the story, because if people don't click chat once in a while, it feels like you're just in a hamster wheel incrementing stat numbers on RAM.

Having read the chat earlier, I thought back on it today .. and my feeling was, it did the job. I'm reluctant to go back and try to make a sky scene. How can we top the scene from the first? I mean, really, how do you out-shock a scene where lizard men drop out of the sky, cling to your space fighter jets, crack open the canopy of Krystal's jet, and then with no regard for their personal safety, face-fuck her as long as you like? I mean, honestly folks, even satirically, if we did that scene and after that they pulled out a softball and mitt and started playing catch with the other lizardmen on the other fighter jet, I mean, satire would only go so far. Maybe better to leave that alone and just catch up with the chat, maybe with a slightly less manly font than impact. Words however seem just about right, as GP wrote them. I just feel ho-hum about making another sky scene, as that other one really hit the mark and PlayShapes deserves a lot of credit for that. The audacity of smut. I did make a Fox's bedroom, which took ages in case anyone cares, and if you think you might want to use it, lemme know. A dream, perhaps while snoozing the afternoon away on one of those rest days? There are backgrounds galore to begin animating with.

Lol, nvm, I'll do it.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 am

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

LoK Framework.swf [ 987.73 KiB | Viewed 4356 times ]

I recovered my files and am able to submit my curent build. I am having trouble setting up a decent message window system. If you guys teach me your tricks, I'll be happy to credit you at the end. :) If you want the .fla, message me.
Terrantor!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal