what happened to krystal?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: what happened to krystal?

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:35 pm

I'd just use the same colors that you can see in the original game or the area 52 colors. some kinda dark brown for the roof, the walls just different types of grey and 'natural stone' colors. I had to say this though, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I see the side wall clear as day, but then am I looking at the roof below it, is that the floor? if that's the floor, where's the roof? I'm assuming it's just the back wall and the roof and they are just on the same image but not made to be connected properly yet.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:18 am

trunks2585 Wrote:I'd just use the same colors that you can see in the original game or the area 52 colors. some kinda dark brown for the roof, the walls just different types of grey and 'natural stone' colors. I had to say this though, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I see the side wall clear as day, but then am I looking at the roof below it, is that the floor? if that's the floor, where's the roof? I'm assuming it's just the back wall and the roof and they are just on the same image but not made to be connected properly yet.

Good Question, It's partially assembled, you're looking at the floor and back wall.I have yet to put the sides and roof in. I was actually wondering how to go about doing that. I'm not so good in the art department and even worse in architecture. Perhaps some sample sketches or good reference images can remedy that, but' i'm just spitballin' right now.
Terrantor!!!

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:50 am

I suggest using a combination of what RP did with his works download/links/filelink_3030b7310ddfdcd8f3a310ad1adacc972717.jpg As well as opening up the original game and looking how playshapes did the huts.

I suggest making the floor not so wavy looking, looks like the hut got flooded, maybe replace the floor with stone? either way it needs to be straightened out.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:51 am

I probably won't be making the maps, was just figuring out the structure of what a common map will look like. I intend to find an artist to do the mapping if RP wants to come out and help with that, I would definitely like that, because I do like his work.
Terrantor!!!

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:22 pm

I could have sworn there was an updated liz girl by ron pepper, but I can't find it for the life of me
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm

There was. I think she was made while Ren was AFK for a month, but before area 52 was actually made. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=841&start=380 Most of that thread was trying to get krystal made but we also have a lizard girl thrown in there too. This one was made by katsou though not RP. I'm pretty sure there's another thread with another version, but I can't find it at the moment. Just click on ronpepper's name and look through his post history for all the threads he posted in. Start at the very end of that search to make your life easier, I sadly have work in a few minutes.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:41 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:There was. I think she was made while Ren was AFK for a month, but before area 52 was actually made. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=841&start=380 Most of that thread was trying to get krystal made but we also have a lizard girl thrown in there too. This one was made by katsou though not RP. I'm pretty sure there's another thread with another version, but I can't find it at the moment. Just click on ronpepper's name and look through his post history for all the threads he posted in. Start at the very end of that search to make your life easier, I sadly have work in a few minutes.

No, this was a different one.... I used to have the file... remember it being called "ronPepper_lizGirl". I know I am not crazy... That thread does have a shot of the updated sharpclaw male, though. I don't think KatSuO ever released that model (just his krystal one). I wonder if he can be convinced to let them out now that it has been like two years. His Krystal model is by far the best one out there (probably the best model -at all- on the forums).
GoRepeat

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:03 pm

That is a very impressive model. I remember a beautiful Liz girl rendition done in illustrator a long time ago, here. Can't seem to find the thread, though. I wish I was a better painter, because I have the model all set up, I just need resources.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Mr D » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:51 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:That is a very impressive model. I remember a beautiful Liz girl rendition done in illustrator a long time ago, here. Can't seem to find the thread, though. I wish I was a better painter, because I have the model all set up, I just need resources.

I believe you are talking about the great models made by kuja. Kuja made some really awesome models. There you go viewtopic.php?f=34&t=447&p=49456#p49456
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby GoRepeat » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:48 am

Mr D Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:That is a very impressive model. I remember a beautiful Liz girl rendition done in illustrator a long time ago, here. Can't seem to find the thread, though. I wish I was a better painter, because I have the model all set up, I just need resources.

I believe you are talking about the great models made by kuja. Kuja made some really awesome models. There you go viewtopic.php?f=34&t=447&p=49456#p49456

No, it isn't one of those. You know what? I used it in the way original sakyubasu. Remember in the gallery there was a bonus scene not in game where she was eating out a lizard girl? THAT ONE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (84.37 KiB) Viewed 5084 times

It looks like the KatSuO update, but has been edited to add more shading and the head/hair/eyes were redone
GoRepeat

Postby Mr D » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:40 am

That sure brings back memories. Back in the days when we were actually making stuff. Trunks still had hope for the LoK project....and corta was still around... I think I will shut up now ._.
Last edited by Mr D on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 am

Mr D Wrote:

I was actually talking about that one, thanks, man, lol.
Gorepete Wrote:
Mr D Wrote:

No, it isn't one of those. You know what? I used it in the way original sakyubasu. Remember in the gallery there was a bonus scene not in game where she was eating out a lizard girl? THAT ONE.

Capture.PNG

It looks like the KatSuO update, but has been edited to add more shading and the head/hair/eyes were redone

That one looks good, too, and more flash-friendly I imagine. Anyways, if you guys like designing armor, I'm ready to start passing out the model, just shoot me an e-mail and we'll see what we can get cooking. Also if you're good at drawing cumshots, I wouldn't mind em.
Terrantor!!!

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 am

Why not post the model here? Also I'd vote for using Katsu's model as the new standard if that's not already the plan.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:54 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Why not post the model here? Also I'd vote for using Katsu's model as the new standard if that's not already the plan.

Use A n D to move.

I'm using a variant of the original model, the only thing that is different is its structure. I have it set up in a series of nested symbols all of which respond to global variables and are controlled that way. That said, it is possible to put in new parts quite easily. I still have tostring each part up with code, but the layman will be able to just influence the root level and control clothing, emotion, blush, and cumshot levels. much like the original.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Area52.swf [ 267.37 KiB | Viewed 5061 times ]

Last edited by Terrantor!!! on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:58 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:Why not post the model here? Also I'd vote for using Katsu's model as the new standard if that's not already the plan.

Use A n D to move.

I'm using a variant of the original model, the only thing that is different is its structure. I have it set up in a series of nested symbols all of which respond to global variables and are controlled that way. That said, it is possible to put in new parts quite easily. I still have tostring each part up with code, but the layman will be able to just influence the root level and control clothing, emotion, blush, and cumshot levels. much like the original.

It works, but what happened to the eyes and blush? They look quite off :o
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:32 am

DactyllionVinnie Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:

Use A n D to move.

It works, but what happened to the eyes and blush? They look quite off :o

They were way confusing to remake, so those are place holders. I am trying to figure out how to mask them to allow easy eye animation.
Terrantor!!!

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:52 am

Glad to see someone beat me to the eyes issue. Also I feel like her head tilting up is unnecessary I'd keep her head the same way it is when she's idle, but that's just my preference. Also don't forget her eyebrows when you get the new eyes in.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby SextupleEntendre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 am

There was a download link for all the unfinished Area 52 work a long time ago, but I think it had gone down the last time I checked.
I still have all the files, and I don't think most of them were ever directly uploaded to the forums. If you need the other models or whatnot I can upload those, too.
Hooray for being a hardcore lurker for years!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by reposting this.
This content was created by the original Area 52 team, not me.
Attachments
LoK krystal model by ron pepper true or false.fla
I forgot how amazing these all look
(17.53 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
LoK lizgirl by ron pepper.fla
Liz girl is delizcious
(5.14 MiB) Downloaded 145 times
SextupleEntendre
Newly Registered

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:00 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Glad to see someone beat me to the eyes issue. Also I feel like her head tilting up is unnecessary I'd keep her head the same way it is when she's idle, but that's just my preference. Also don't forget her eyebrows when you get the new eyes in.

Really? I made her head up cause I thought it'd look better, personally, I didn't understand why her head stayed down in the first place.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:04 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Glad to see someone beat me to the eyes issue. Also I feel like her head tilting up is unnecessary I'd keep her head the same way it is when she's idle, but that's just my preference. Also don't forget her eyebrows when you get the new eyes in.

Whoops, My bad. I may just redo the entire animation for walking. I tweaked Dactyl's version and it ended up looking contarded, lol.
Terrantor!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal