what happened to krystal?

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

what happened to krystal?

Postby LuckyPig » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm

sooo...I've been lurking for a while here, usually on creative corner all I see is peach's untold tale getting updates and other games as well...but where's the next LOK game? is anyone even working on it?? its just been a long time you know?
LuckyPig
Newly Registered

Re: what happened to krystal?

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Welcome to my world. Glad to see someone else that wants to see some progress on that, but as far as I can tell, it's dead.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 am

I actually thought it would be fun to do a Princess Maker clone with Krystal in the Sharpclaw village. Something like 8 seasons till rescue with various jobs / events / stats determining multiple outcomes. I think conceptually it would actually work pretty well.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Argonaut » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:41 am

Gorepete Wrote:I actually thought it would be fun to do a Princess Maker clone with Krystal in the Sharpclaw village. Something like 8 seasons till rescue with various jobs / events / stats determining multiple outcomes. I think conceptually it would actually work pretty well.

Expect too bad you quit programming, Gore. Getting my hopes up, and then effectively dashing them by being the one to suggest the idea. THANKS, MAN.

But yea, LoK is on perma-hold. Hasn't been updated since God-knows when.
A man of means, by no means.
Argonaut

Postby BlueLight » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Your option are slut, whore, milk maid, upstairs bedroom maid, vixen, fox, and/or flash artist.... Not that type... the perverted... NOO!!!! NOT THAT TYPE!.... Gosh... you say flash artist and everyone thinks the same type of artist as gore. What ever happened to trench coats.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Duplicity » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:14 am

Krystal becomes top bitch and controls the village Breeding Season Style.
Or a short CoC style game with Krystal, animations for each encounter with some limited transformation.
Maybe when I eventually learn actionscript (I suppose the source is in AS2? Me learn AS3), learn to draw, animate, and actually have basic play beyond a space invaders like approach.
Hmmm. Maybe just maybe....
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:13 am

Just throwing it out there, I may not be making a game or anything, but I do have animations of krystal and samus on my post, I update often.. the Untold Tale isn't the only thing being updated :p
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:59 am

So I've decided to take set design into my own hands just to get the code going. My design is heavily inspired by the Area 52 concepts. I've decided to go Actionscript 3 due to ppl saying it runs a lot more smoothly and my animator prefers that format. I'm new to it; but everything I'm doing is working, so far. Here's how the maps will look. I have them nested onto 1 composite movie clip, eliminating the cluster fuck of frames that was on LOK 2.0's _root. The UI will be present on root, once that is fully developed. I am imagining a live popup UI, with statistics coming out from the right. Inventory will be a tray that drops down from the top right. As3 controls are retarded as fuck, right now. I wanna build something simple and fluid; to no avail. I'm researching it, currently, so we'll see what's cooking. As for poor Krystal, we've got a few anims coming up and dactyl is working on our first sex scene, so I'm excited about that! He's very talented and i'm eager to showcase his work. til then, i've just got a simple map for you to critique.
Current Build:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

LoK2 AS3.swf [ 19.7 KiB | Viewed 21125 times ]

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

LOK2rev.swf [ 109.08 KiB | Viewed 21371 times ]

Last edited by Terrantor!!! on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:I'm working with the version on the front page. I've simplified the controls and coding, to a degree. I'd really like an artist or animator to help me out, though. set design is another bugaboo. I know nothing of perspective or architecture.

Well, I'm an animator. I have animations on the site, if you like any I can help you.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 am

check the archives for area 52 viewforum.php?f=24 We have lots of leftovers that anyone and everyone is encouraged to use. Most of all, Ronpepper did several backgrounds and worked his ass off to give us what he did. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1137&start=60 If you click the download file link in his signature it's a zip of the backgrounds he made.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1278 This one was the main model thread with malcontent and Katsu working on together. There's a ton of drawings and whatnot in here, a pretty god fox head, some twilight wolf ideas for male and female, and some alternate outfits for krystal. It's mostly all sketches but I hope it helps.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:29 am

DactyllionVinnie Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:I'm working with the version on the front page. I've simplified the controls and coding, to a degree. I'd really like an artist or animator to help me out, though. set design is another bugaboo. I know nothing of perspective or architecture.

Well, I'm an animator. I have animations on the site, if you like any I can help you.

Hey, man. I saw your thread and was gonna ask for your help, how uncanny. If you can figure out how to make like a transition pose, that would be awesome. What I mean is a simple action pose that can be used to seamlessly move into walking, crouching, and jumping animations. For details, go ahead and contact me through the site. Once you complete that, we can get into walking, crouching and jumping animations.

@Trunks:

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!! :)
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
DactyllionVinnie Wrote:

Hey, man. I saw your thread and was gonna ask for your help, how uncanny. If you can figure out how to make like a transition pose, that would be awesome. What I mean is a simple action pose that can be used to seamlessly move into walking, crouching, and jumping animations. For details, go ahead and contact me through the site. Once you complete that, we can get into walking, crouching and jumping animations.

@Trunks:

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!! :)

I can do that, you'll have to worry about the in game coding and everything of course, I am not very good with that.. I will just server raw animations. But, I am currently working on another animation of my own, after that I will worry about what you need. It's almost done. You won't wait too long. And on top of that, how much time are you giving me for this?
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 am

I can do that, you'll have to worry about the in game coding and everything of course, I am not very good with that.. I will just server raw animations. But, I am currently working on another animation of my own, after that I will worry about what you need. It's almost done. You won't wait too long. And on top of that, how much time are you giving me for this?

Great question. I can add new animations quickly and easily. So I''ll take 'em as you make 'em. I'll give you about a week for all four, how does that sound?
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:52 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:

Great question. I can add new animations quickly and easily. So I''ll take 'em as you make 'em. I'll give you about a week for all four, how does that sound?

well I can see you have a crouch done, so that's good. But I don't really understand what you want me to do for walking, I can see that you have that already. I don't really get what a walking transition would be lol.

My to do list from what I understand is:
Crouch Transition
jump transition and animation
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 am

DactyllionVinnie Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:

well I can see you have a crouch done, so that's good. But I don't really understand what you want me to do for walking, I can see that you have that already. I don't really get what a walking transition would be lol.

My to do list from what I understand is:
Crouch Transition
jump transition and animation

Nvm on that, lol I just wanted you to make some new ones, but the current ones are good. As for your list, that's about correct. So you feel up to it?
Terrantor!!!

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 am

Yeah I can get that done, I am just about finished sprucing up my Vinnie's Animations post, and i'll get on it asap. But quick thing, send me a few messages about your plan for this game. I'd like a bit of insight.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:07 pm

I am very interested in Kry too ;) So if it wil be some topic you make and wright all here i think it will be very interesting to read it. And may be another people will be easy to help you some how.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:35 pm

My advice, don't make it overly ambitious, that's what killed the first attempt. You know how to program, so that solves the next most common problem.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:14 am

trunks2585 Wrote:My advice, don't make it overly ambitious, that's what killed the first attempt. You know how to program, so that solves the next most common problem.

We're taking our time. I am beginning the actual scene now, we have the crouching and jumping ready. And Terr over there is working on a new model, information on it's implementation on the game will be discussed eventually.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:17 am

Hey guys, check out my mapping. How should I paint the roof and sidewalls?
Terrantor!!!

Next

Return to Legend of Krystal