-=_*_CODE - ZONE_*_=-

Home of the Area 52 project.

-=_*_CODE - ZONE_*_=-

Postby Thundranex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 am

:D "ACTIONSCRIPT...IT'S TIME TO TAKE ACTION!!!" :D :mrgreen:
Thundranex

Re: -=_*_CODE - ZONE_*_=-

Postby ronpepper » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 am

I hope so. Backgrounds and models really on the done side, but we'd love to see some programming or if anyone can work with us, it would be much appreciated. We'll work with you.
ronpepper

-=_*_CODE - ZONE_*_=-

Postby Thundranex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:17 am

Just on a quick side note to get things in order I was suggesting a strictly CODE-ONLY zone where coders can post up working SWF. + FLA. files and step by step methods of how the SWF. was achieved in flash. The sole purpose of this topic is to help the members of the team get their project off the ground with actions as opposed to words and suggestions. As in coders come here and rapid prototype SWF.files and actually working CODE in AS 2.0. This way the guys on the team can sift through all the posts of working files on here and go, "We like that and we could definitely use it in the game, let us know how you did it!!!". NOW I SAY THIS IS A CODE, SWF. and FLA. ONLY ZONE but with a very loose tongue. :D :mrgreen: Instead I'm going to beg of you, because naturally some people are going to come on here, look at the stuff, and comment with things like "Oh that's a cool Idea!!!" or "Dam that was hot, can't wait to see what you put up next!!!", all that I ask is that you use the *"Subject-System"* I've developed.

It is as follows:
1. * If you are user posting up an SWF. file attachment (why you're here) please PLEASE use -=_*_CODE - ZONE_*_=- (only) as your subject header on your reply's/post's.
2. * If you are user posting up an FLA. file attachment or some CODE please use -=_*_CODE - ZONE - DELTA_*_=- (only) as your subject header on your reply's/post's.
3. * If you are user posting up a simple opinion or input/what you think or general comment please use -=_*_ZONE - COMMENTS_*_=- (only) as your subject header on your reply's/post's.
4. * If you are a member of either LOK/AREA52 posting up a simple opinion or input/what think or general comment please use -=_*_LOK - COMMENTS_*_=- or -=_*_AREA52 - COMMENTS_*_=- (respectively) as your subject header on your reply's/post's.
5. * If you are a member of either LOK/AREA52 posting up constructive feedback on a promising SWF. FLA. or CODE post please use -=_*_LOK - FEEDBACK_*_=- or -=_*_AREA52 - FEEDBACK_*_=- (respectively) as your subject header on your reply's/post's.
6. * If you are a member of either LOK/AREA52 posting up a request for a specific SWF. FLA. or CODE prototype please use -=_*_LOK - REQUEST_*_=- or -=_*_AREA52 - REQUEST_*_=- (respectively) as your subject header on your reply's/post's.

This will make everything so much easier to sift through for all parties!!! And all it'll take is a quick copy and paste from this very post. If you're not arsed I don't mind, but it'll help!!! :mrgreen: Hehehe!!! :D Thank you!!!
Anyway back to businsess!!! :D :mrgreen: Here's a small SWF. I made today demonstrating how to collect "Cum" as a form of currency/scoring method!!! :D Could be turned it into a cool fully fledged minigame, could be useless!!! :D Who knows!!! :D :mrgreen: That's why we're here!!! :mrgreen:
(Controls; cursor keys (up,down,left,right) to move the fox icon around the stage)
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

MoneyTester002.swf [ 9.22 KiB | Viewed 16675 times ]

Thundranex

-=_*_ZONE - COMMENTS_*_=-

Postby Thundranex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:53 am

Well, there it is, I aim to put up at least one of these small Ideas every 2 days while I work on the big ass Inventory system and a Save + Load system that I noticed you guys were looking to put in, only problem is the only way I know to do the Inventory system(if you want the items stored to be usable/drop-able) is with around 380 lines of code, and DON'T ask me to do a shop system!!! :lol: :mrgreen: Because I tried it once and It drove me insane, :D there was HP and MANA potion movie clips being stuck to my characters head and instantly consumed but not deleted whenever I "bought" them, so swiflty after the game I was working on decided to make me systimactically buy, eat, and wear my "Shield of Valor" as a hat, I decided it was time to do away with the shop!!! :D :mrgreen: :P And the funny thing about the saving system that I learned is that it was for a flash Gallery which had a Start-up Screen with a "Continue" and a "New session" option on the first frame, and each other frame having a still Image with small next+previous+quit+save button, and if you saved on say Image 4 when you closed the app and hit "Continue" you'd jumped to Image 4 (i.e Flash frame 5) where you left off. So I'm worried, considering it only saves one frame and not a whole scene it could be very buggy/hard to adapt. Also unless you wanted to have an annoying "Save Game" GUI(so to speak) clogging up the bottom right corner of every shot/frame you'd probably only be able to feature the save button in little safe houses or places where nothing interesting is happening!!! :? Plus I'm not sure if saving mechanic for something like an interactive flash Picture Gallery would work well(if at all) on something as vast as a full flash game!!! :mrgreen: :roll: So I may need some help!!! :mrgreen: :D hehehe!!!
Thundranex

Re: -=_*_CODE - ZONE_*_=-

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 am

I was kinda intending everything code/programming related to be posted under one thread, meh we can just have a mod merge this thread with the one i made that was mostly to give suggestions on direction for stuff we will need for the game along with experimenting with other ideas.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

-=_*_ZONE - COMMENTS_*_=-

Postby Thundranex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 pm

@Trunks
Whoops Sorry dude I didn't realize you already had a thread, I'll Migrate all my stuff to yours if it'll speed-up the progress, just link me to the thread!!! :D :mrgreen: ;)
Thundranex

-=_*_CODE - ZONE_*_=-

Postby Thundranex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:09 pm

On a side note here's my next SWF. file. :P :mrgreen:
It's a simple dress up game, (Controls:(Use the LeftMouseButton on the clothes to drag them around and release LefMouseButton to let them go!!!)) :D Simple as that!!!

*Possible Uses*
Maybe you could use it as a minigame for a Sharpclaw guarding a secret area, the guard presents Krystal(aka the player) with a "Riddle" of sorts, he'll tell her(the player) what kind of clothes he loves on a woman(if any) in a very cryptic and vague manner, and if the player can match(/guess correctly) the style of clothing that appeals to the Sharpclaw with the use of the Dress-up Minigame(aka solve the "Riddle") then they will win and they will be granted passage into the secret area, but if they fail, then they must "Service" the Sharpclaw Guard (with no experience rewards) in order to earn another try at the "Riddle"!!! :D :mrgreen: hehehe!!! :P Just an Idea!!!

P.s Try not to Lol and Rofl tooo much at the SWf. file!!! :mrgreen: I was lazy today so I just used Google Images!!! :D :mrgreen: :lol: lolzors!!! :lol: Optimus Prime head for the WIN!!! :lol: :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

DressUpTester007.swf [ 524.21 KiB | Viewed 16240 times ]

Thundranex

Return to Area 52