May be the main reason why LoK have lugs

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

May be the main reason why LoK have lugs

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Do you ewer try to see - how the objects fot it were made ? And why do not it lug on low quality ?

I think the main reason is this : To many points for grapgick objects. The 10 points are there when it have to be only one point. Just look on the image:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Re: May be the main reason why LoK have lugs

Postby Sinsun1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Interesting, perhaps try editing it and taking away a lot of those points and use vectors instead? Forgive me if I am wrong but this looks like it could be done with Adobe Illustrator or some similar program.

First try eliminating almost all the points down on the chin, then slowly add them back, editing each one until you have the chin you are looking for with way less vectors for the programs to read.
Sinsun1

Postby jerkface » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Yes. That would definitely do it. I imagine that these points were generated by some sort of brush tool within Flash because I can't imagine a human using that many vectors.
Programming languages I know and use on a regular basis: C/C++, Python
Programming languages I'm familiar with: Java, Basic, BASH, Batch, Assembly, GLSL
I can probably figure it out in a little bit so long as it isn't: Lisp
jerkface

Postby BlueLight » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:27 pm

jerkface Wrote:Yes. That would definitely do it. I imagine that these points were generated by some sort of brush tool within Flash because I can't imagine a human using that many vectors.

The positioning of some of the points make no sense unless a computer was behind the wheel... in human speak, i agree with you.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:39 pm

jerkface Wrote:Yes. That would definitely do it. I imagine that these points were generated by some sort of brush tool within Flash because I can't imagine a human using that many vectors.

Indeed. When you use the brush tool instead of the line tool, Flash auto maps all these possible corners of whatever shape you paint. It really does slow a lot of stuff down.

If you are a brush addict like me, this causes issues down the line. There is an option under Modify -> Shape -> Optimize where you force flash to re-evaluate the object and reduce all the points. This actually works surprisingly well and will usually cut the corners down to a minimal 5-10 per object (as opposed to 100+ as in the picture).
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby jorgea » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm

You have made an interesting point
jorgea
Newly Registered

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:06 am

I vote this gets moved to the main LOK discussion as it's very related to the game and not a separate game.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:34 am

I use a graphics tablet and this is very common for us. The way I learned to deal with it is to use the selection tool's smooth function.
Terrantor!!!

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:19 pm

I vote this gets moved to the main LOK discussion as it's very related to the game and not a separate game.

He is right - if it is possible move the topic to LoK discussion please :oops:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Return to Legend of Krystal