Mobile phone

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Mobile phone

Postby TAKAsasukexX » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:36 am

Will the game be playable on the iPhone ? And will it have new content for a mobile version
TAKAsasukexX

Re: Mobile phone

Postby Voodoo People » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:24 pm

No, iPhone doesn't support Flash, which the Game is made with.
Android phones, do support it.

I don't know much about iPhone, but I heard if you Jailbreak it, it will be able to play flash files too.
WP7 and MeeGo will most likely support flash too in the future.
Voodoo People

Postby TAKAsasukexX » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:26 pm

O well that's great but my labtop hp charger is broken so I'm on my iPhone
TAKAsasukexX

Postby Renara » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Flash Professional in CS5 allows you to export Flash projects as iPhone apps, so it's perfectly possible for us to make an iPhone version. The problem is I have no idea how well it will run, and to play it you'd have to get it from the iTunes app store and I doubt Apple would approve of LoK. The alternative would be a Flash to HTML 5 converter, but none of them seem to be all that great just yet; supposedly Adobe might make one and if they do it should be fairly easy for them to convert flash symbols to drawable objects for an HTML 5 canvas, and ActionScript is basically just converted into javascript before execution anyway.

In short; maybe, dunno :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Nightmenace » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 pm

TAKAsasukexX Wrote:O well that's great but my labtop hp charger is broken so I'm on my iPhone

v3 isn't comin out for a while so i'm thinkin u have time to get a new charger before then, though a LoK app would be cool
Nightmenace

Postby TAKAsasukexX » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:14 pm

I should just buy a hp charger I have other CPUs but only in my dorm so I can't use it all the time like my hp
TAKAsasukexX

Postby Mrjimmy30 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:41 am

What about making an app to download online games n convert them to ipod or androids files?that way u can sell or give ur apps free n sneak ur games in.Orrr just make the game app n we jailbreaked iPods can install it through pc,n androids same thing.
Mrjimmy30
Newly Registered

Postby Mrjimmy30 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:44 am

P.s u can find someone that has an iPod or iPhone to test it for u.just pleasseeee if u do make the app make it compatible for iPod 4 as well ._.
Mrjimmy30
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:45 pm

As long as the game is coded in AS3, Flash CS5 or higher can use Adobe Air to export to the game into either APK/iOS format. The newer versions of Air actually give you the option of including Air runtime in the game package so it is self-sufficient (the phone won't need either flash or air installed on it).

Unfortunately if the game is in AS2 it is a real pain to try to convert it. You can wrap it in an AS3 file and package that, but none of the code will work. On android phones you can just run it via flash (instead of its own app) but it gets pretty laggy.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:30 am

Flash can be remade to APK -> may be even for IOS.

If it is possible to put program to IoS some how - then we can try it - i can try to make IoS aplication. (Convert flash to it)

I have some not made as3 version of the game.

But how to put programs on iPhone and etc ? I have a problem with it - my sister have IOS big not iphone ... i forget how it names.

So i can try test on it if it is possible to put programs from PC to it some how.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 pm

I know android allows you to install or run apps if you have it on your hard drive.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Is it possible to some how put it in IOS some way ? I heared that from some store it is possible to download it - but how to post it there ? And how to test it ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Is it possible to some how put it in IOS some way ? I heared that from some store it is possible to download it - but how to post it there ? And how to test it ?

Adobe Air can convert your .FLA to iOS~

You would more than likely need to use Cydia to install it since Apple is made up of dickbag assholes. I think 3rd party would be your only option since they especially hate flash games and something LoK-esq would more than likely be denied in the actual store for inappropriate content.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Grape Me » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:35 am

I'm currently in the works of some kind of LOK mobile app for iphone/ipad devices. Once I see how it runs on that I may make it for android and windows phone.
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby riddlebox1321 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 pm

If you make an adult app you can post it on MiKandi or maybe someone can create a LOK Forums app to get adult games made by the LOK team. My laptop fried recently and I'm stuck with an android, so if the games were converted to apk or iOS I know I would be happy at least, imagine all of the other LOK fans that would be. :D
My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Return to Legend of Krystal