Amaranth RPG MAKER VX|ACE

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 03/05/2013)

Postby Car6on » Sat May 11, 2013 10:04 pm

mrttao Wrote:Bugs:
1. Pay 1000 gold to enter VIP whore room, recruit her, kill ogres, leave. Come back, overhear her fucking ogres in the room even though none of them are actually there anymore and be asked to pay 1000g to enter again.
2. Leave and come back, VIP whore sprite reappears in her cell even though she is with party.
3. In pub, the 3 guards that fight you? each win only kills one of them and then you can fight the remaining two. (specifically. talk to captain, fight all three, captain disappears, talk to guard, fight 2 guards, one guard disappears, talk to last guard, fight 2 guards again!)
4. in pub, a pair of guys want you to pay back their debt to some ogres, they try to capture you. Win once and one of them disappears, then talk to the other and the conversation repeats and you fight both of them again.
5. Old guy chains you to wall for 500g (near cells), he leaves you there. Talk to him again and there is no mention of him not releasing you, instead he offers you 500g again.
6. In bar, complete the quest to save cook from stockade room, leave area, come back and the quest giver reappears and offers the quest again (but the cook is no longer there)
7. I left the red room (killing the guardian) and now I can't get back in.

1. Fixed
2. Fixed
3. Fixed
4. Fixed
5. Fixed
6. Fixed
7. Fixed
Car6on

Postby mrttao » Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 pm

thanks.

Suggestions:
1. Sleeping really should revive a follower from KO

Bug:
1. Werewolf pen - the rope lets you walk through the wall into the pen rather then through the door, only the bottom of the rope triggers going up to the next level.
2. Tentacle pit, can walk on/through a lot of the walls.
mrttao

Postby Car6on » Mon May 13, 2013 1:12 pm

mrttao Wrote:Suggestions:
1. Sleeping really should revive a follower from KO

Bug:
1. Werewolf pen - the rope lets you walk through the wall into the pen rather then through the door, only the bottom of the rope triggers going up to the next level.
2. Tentacle pit, can walk on/through a lot of the walls.

Great Idea! I might add that.

1. Fixed.
2. Fixed.
Car6on

Postby mrttao » Mon May 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Mega download file is named "Project 1"
4shared download file is named "Project 1_1", that is typical linux compatible notation (due to download servers running some flavor of linux) for "1.1".
Are those the same version?

Can we get a new release (hotfix release?) with all those new bugfixes you just listed?
mrttao

Postby Car6on » Mon May 13, 2013 3:20 pm

mrttao Wrote:Mega download file is named "Project 1"
4shared download file is named "Project 1_1", that is typical linux compatible notation (due to download servers running some flavor of linux) for "1.1".
Are those the same version?

Can we get a new release (hotfix release?) with all those new bugfixes you just listed?

I'm pretty sure that it's the same version.

Anyway I'm actually planning to do a really huge update today!! :D
Approx 40-50 pictures in new sex-scenes and 2 big new interesting places to explore :D

-Also added the feature that revives one of your companions if they are dead when you sleep in a bed like you suggested.
Car6on

Postby mrttao » Mon May 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Car6on Wrote:-Also added the feature that revives one of your companions if they are dead when you sleep in a bed like you suggested.

Thank you. is it one random KO companion or all at once?
mrttao

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 13/05/2013)

Postby Car6on » Mon May 13, 2013 5:12 pm

mrttao Wrote:
Car6on Wrote:-Also added the feature that revives one of your companions if they are dead when you sleep in a bed like you suggested.

Thank you. is it one random KO companion or all at once?

Lets say that all of your companions are dead, then this is the order of which companion will be revived: 1. Sex Slave 2. VIP Whore 3. Sex Goddess.....If "Sex Slave" is alive "VIP Whore" will be revived but if she is alive aswell it will
be "Sex Goddess" who gets revived.
Car6on

Postby mrttao » Mon May 13, 2013 6:44 pm

13/5/2013:
1. Climbing the rope to the wolf pit gives the dialog "you crawl up a robe" and "you crawl down a robe". It should say rope, not robe. And climb, not crawl. So "You climb up the rope" and "You climb down the rope"
mrttao

Postby cookie jar » Mon May 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Can't say anything about the new content yet since I have to start over (stupid me only using one save-slot) because:

If you decide to beat the hell out of the red room guardian and leave the map, the magic key will no longer open the door to the king. And since you can't repeat the encounter with the queen anymore - which I much prefer to the older versions when everything resetted btw. so good word there :) - you cannot progress in the game anymore at that point.
Just wanted to point that out before I start over. ;)

Oh and on a sidenote: There are a ton of typos and such when you read the history of Amaranth at the bookshelf. The most noticeable: you repeatedly use air instead of heir. (I'm aware this is nothing new, but I did read the book again this time and stumbled across those again.)
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Car6on » Mon May 13, 2013 10:30 pm

mrttao Wrote:13/5/2013:
1. Climbing the rope to the wolf pit gives the dialog "you crawl up a robe" and "you crawl down a robe". It should say rope, not robe. And climb, not crawl. So "You climb up the rope" and "You climb down the rope"

Great! Thank you! It has been fixed.

cookie jar Wrote:Can't say anything about the new content yet since I have to start over (stupid me only using one save-slot) because:
If you decide to beat the hell out of the red room guardian and leave the map, the magic key will no longer open the door to the king. And since you can't repeat the encounter with the queen anymore - which I much prefer to the older versions when everything resetted btw. so good word there :) - you cannot progress in the game anymore at that point.
Just wanted to point that out before I start over. ;)
Oh and on a sidenote: There are a ton of typos and such when you read the history of Amaranth at the bookshelf. The most noticeable: you repeatedly use air instead of heir. (I'm aware this is nothing new, but I did read the book again this time and stumbled across those again.)

I can see how that is a problem :D I have fixed it and I have also fixed that grammar thank you! Anyway I think that it's good that the events dont reset any more since it would be weird when you kill a creature or something else and then later
they are back and repeating the same things they said to you in the beginning.
Car6on

Postby cookie jar » Tue May 14, 2013 10:02 am

cookie jar Wrote:[...] - which I much prefer to the older versions when everything resetted btw. so good word there :) - [...]

I have no idea what the hell made me type "word" instead of "work" there. :shock:

Anyway back on topic:

I found two more glitches, this time in the new content.

In the Town of Games, when you enter the bath and approach the first npc right across the entrance (the lady behind the table with the book and the flowers) you trigger a scene without any text that "freezes" on screen. You have the picture overlaid to the map so you can't see anymore where you're going for example. You can access the menu because that is displayed correctly, but the normal map simply is hidden behind the picture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

It ist the picture with what I believe to be vampires. Or some such.

The same happens when you enter the prison and adress the guard at the entrance. If you are "not a troublemaker" and she would let you pass without a fight the picture of her stays on screen as well overlaying the map. As in the bath you can still see your menu however if you open it.
The picture disappears if you trigger another scene instead. (I noted down how many steps in which direction it would take me to trigger the scene with the mistress of the cells, walked there blind following my notes and triggering that scene removed the picture of the warden as well after I finished the dialogue with Cydaea.)

Edit: And a third freeze picture, when you defeat Cydaea with the warden still alive.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Car6on » Tue May 14, 2013 1:07 pm

cookie jar Wrote:I found two more glitches, this time in the new content.

In the Town of Games, when you enter the bath and approach the first npc right across the entrance (the lady behind the table with the book and the flowers) you trigger a scene without any text that "freezes" on screen. You have the picture overlaid to the map so you can't see anymore where you're going for example. You can access the menu because that is displayed correctly, but the normal map simply is hidden behind the picture.

The same happens when you enter the prison and adress the guard at the entrance. If you are "not a troublemaker" and she would let you pass without a fight the picture of her stays on screen as well overlaying the map. As in the bath you can still see your menu however if you open it.
The picture disappears if you trigger another scene instead. (I noted down how many steps in which direction it would take me to trigger the scene with the mistress of the cells, walked there blind following my notes and triggering that scene removed the picture of the warden as well after I finished the dialogue with Cydaea.)

Edit: And a third freeze picture, when you defeat Cydaea with the warden still alive.

I have found the glitches you described and fixed them. Good work.
Car6on

Postby Kurushimi » Wed May 15, 2013 10:53 am

Is the game supposed to have a save file already?

The following is a series of corrections on the writing.

"In Andor reigned the elver king Inioch."
Shouldn't that be "elven"?

"All was fine in the kingdom of Andor until king Inioch died of unknown reasons."
That's not wrong, really, but I'd suggest "died of an unknown reason" or "passed away. They never found the cause of death."
Again, not strictly speaking wrong, but it doesn't feel quite right either.

"Alexia gained power of Andor."
This sentence would indicate that there is an inherent power of Andor, and because Alexia was the next in line she gained that power. If that is intentional, "the power of Andor." If not, "Alexia gained power over Andor."

"Of course, nobody knew what the queen had done and Nimrodel grew up in Andor and became one of the best soldiers."
Using "and" a lot and not enough punctuation. It's a difficult sentence, so here's my suggestion:
"Of course, nobody knew what the queen had done. Nimrodel grew up in Andor, and became one of the best soldiers in Andor's army."

"She was fucked by many men and discovered that she tended to like it. She immediately turned from this thought but she could not deny it. She feared that she were addicted to sex, she forced herself to forget it."
Well, how about this?
"She was fucked by many men, and discovered that she liked it. She turned away from this thought, but she could not deny it. She feared that she had become addicted to sex, so she forced herself to forget it."

"...realising what kind of live she and other women were living..."

Realizing, life.

Feel free to contact me if you need a proofreader. :)
Kurushimi

Postby Mickele » Fri May 17, 2013 12:27 am

hello there car6oon,

i had a bit of time testing your new update and i liked the new ideas for your storyline in amaranth country...nice work!
i hope you never planned on putting the guy in the gentleman club as a possibility to get to anchor, 'cause if you ever try his option, it will be too early in the game to get there (anyway, if you only get the weapons there, it may be okay..)...

problems i detected besides the typos...:

- the freezing problems as mentioned above plus if you killed the guard to the cells in the game town and beat the hell out of the "magican ward" cynthia (or so her name was...), her appearing picture stay on the screen and the game freezes completely without the possibility to open the menu...
- i tried to finish the quests given by the ladys in game town and when i tried to finish all guards of the slave market, the one the most right uppwards in the corner of the big hall wouldn't vanish after defeting him...
- also i still didn't found the mentioned "heaven garden" with the aliens with the arena nor the border to amarinth labyrinth, which is defend by guards (i hope you haven't implimented them yet...)-
- i'm not sure, if it is only me, but the imps/gnomes of the smugglers tower are extremly overpower with their electrican attack (deals 2000-3000 dmg to everyone in my party per round, even nimnrodel with 600 def/magic def)
Mickele

Postby Car6on » Fri May 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Kurushimi Wrote:Is the game supposed to have a save file already?

The following is a series of corrections on the writing.

Sometimes I forget to remove my own save file ^^

Anyway..I was great to get a good feedback like that with corrections. I have added the corrections which you wrote. I could really use a proofreader. :D Would you like to help?

Mickele Wrote:hello there car6oon,

i had a bit of time testing your new update and i liked the new ideas for your storyline in amaranth country...nice work!
i hope you never planned on putting the guy in the gentleman club as a possibility to get to anchor, 'cause if you ever try his option, it will be too early in the game to get there (anyway, if you only get the weapons there, it may be okay..)...

problems i detected besides the typos...:

- the freezing problems as mentioned above plus if you killed the guard to the cells in the game town and beat the hell out of the "magican ward" cynthia (or so her name was...), her appearing picture stay on the screen and the game freezes completely without the possibility to open the menu...
- i tried to finish the quests given by the ladys in game town and when i tried to finish all guards of the slave market, the one the most right uppwards in the corner of the big hall wouldn't vanish after defeting him...
- also i still didn't found the mentioned "heaven garden" with the aliens with the arena nor the border to amarinth labyrinth, which is defend by guards (i hope you haven't implimented them yet...)-
- i'm not sure, if it is only me, but the imps/gnomes of the smugglers tower are extremly overpower with their electrican attack (deals 2000-3000 dmg to everyone in my party per round, even nimnrodel with 600 def/magic def)

Hey there Mickele.

Glad you like the storyline :D

So far I dont know what will happen with the guy in the gentlemens club but It's just a temporarily solution...It will change when I start on 3rd part of the game. 3rd part of the game will be in Nimrodel's homeland.

I have already fixed the freezing problems in town of games also the ones you mention now.
The guard in the slave market will disapear now. Places mentioned in the game such as: High Garden, Main Entrance to Amaranth the labyrinth and the ogre keep has not been created yet.
Last I have nerfed the gnomes in East Watch as you described.

I dont have time to make an update now but later today I will have.
I have created the start of the ogre keep and fixed the bugs people have made me aware of and other glitches and grammar mistakes.
Car6on

Re: Amaranth RPG MAKER VX (Update 17/05/2013)

Postby cookie jar » Sat May 18, 2013 12:37 am

I just realized I never commented how much I like the way this game is developing. I admit, I was a bit disappointed after the first few versions I tried. But the last few were really good imho.
So basically I just wanted to throw a "keep up the good work" in. :)
cookie jar

Postby wolfmanjoes » Sat May 18, 2013 12:56 am

I don't know why but I don't start inside the dungeon anymore. Now the game starts at the unfinished ogre tower above ground. Did I download something wrong? And the anti-lag version starts in a huge field on some other chick with mosters at one end how don't do anything.

Edit For some reason this didn't appear for like, five miniuts. So if another comment from me pops up ignore it.
wolfmanjoes

Postby Lord154 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:29 am

Hello all

I have played the previus version (13-5-2013) and i like it very much. It is more difficult than the first few version of the games but not too difficult. The more difficult fight i have found is in the abandon tower second floor, in which i have manage to win after i reach lv 25+

However, i am unable to download the new version from mega. From some reason, it need to enter a decryption key. This unfortunatelly happen only in this file, i am able to download from mega other file without a problem. Could you please re-upload in 4sharing?
Lord154

Postby cookie jar » Sat May 18, 2013 1:37 pm

I have a little content question, so I'll put it in spoilertags. Wouldn't want to ruin that for anyone.

Is there any other way to access the room you get teleportet to, when you win the lottery? Preferably without being labeled a troublemaker?
In addition, are the things Eladriel (the seeress at the Town of Games) describes only pointers about what might be interesting to look at or actual side-quests?
Because if they are quests I guess they would become inaccessible once you're labeled a troublemaker?
cookie jar

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sat May 18, 2013 1:57 pm

I've done everything up to the red room without having sex a single time, but so far as I can tell it's impossible to get into the red room without getting raped. Since the storyline is supposed to be about stopping the rape and prostitution, it should be poossible (albeit more difficult) to complete the game without having sex.
IrrelevantComment

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects