Postby trunks2585 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:11 am

yes and yes
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Re: Welcome to Area 52.

Postby Renara » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:02 pm

paint-the-seconds Wrote:so are you guys making a new lok v0.3 project.

Just wanted to clarify, but it's really an alternative, as there is no "old" project as both groups are working on their respective versions.
Also Area52 wouldn't technically be working on a v0.3 at this point as they've disassociated with the people responsible for v0.2 (i.e - me), so it's either an alternative v0.2 or a remastered v0.1, just to be pedantic :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:36 am

Renara Wrote:
paint-the-seconds Wrote:so are you guys making a new lok v0.3 project.

Just wanted to clarify, but it's really an alternative, as there is no "old" project as both groups are working on their respective versions.
Also Area52 wouldn't technically be working on a v0.3 at this point as they've disassociated with the people responsible for v0.2 (i.e - me), so it's either an alternative v0.2 or a remastered v0.1, just to be pedantic :)

Implying there's only one 'correct' way to do LOK when playshapes told EVERYONE they could do whatever they wanted with it...
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby wizard » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:58 am

Actually the term "pedantic" cuts out that implication. Not that I'm trying to get between ya'll. I'm just saying.

For instance, the makers of batman returns, and the dark knight disassociated themselves from the previous batman movies. Thus those two weren't sequels, they were a reworking of the original storyline. Thus area 52 is a reworking or Playshapes original game (albeit with what appears to be far superior graphics) and not a sequel to v0.2, so not v0.3. Semantics are so much fun (not really).
Krystal, Samus, Peach, whoever; just rape a bitch.
wizard

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:10 am

Thing is, both area 52 and ren's group are doing the same thing, making our own alternations and continuations of playshapes's original game. One project is no more 'correct' than the other. Unless playshapes comes in and says so anyways.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby walkingTerror » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 am

That would only make it less correct in playshapes's mind. Since you're scrapping all of his art the only thing he gave you is the idea of the sharpclaw village.
walkingTerror

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:49 am

Again, both teams are scrapping the original character models, that's been planned for a long time, not something i saw the need for, but the idea of 'improving the original artwork' gained a lot of popularity among everyone so we're kinda fucked and have to go ahead with remastering the artwork.

I can't speak for playshapes, but if I was in his shoes, changing the art direction might not be 'less correct' so much as making changes to the plot or the game play might be 'less correct' to me. And playshapes admitted he didn't give very far in the plot of the game so that's pretty wide open past the dark woods.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Renara » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:26 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:Implying there's only one 'correct' way to do LOK when playshapes told EVERYONE they could do whatever they wanted with it...

Not at all, as wizard says. I'm just trying to avoid confusion, as v0.3 will be the version released as the "official" legendofkrystal.com remastering of LoK, what you guys are doing is a separate offering from that now, similarly to Another Tail in some regards. While I'm sure people will end up confused anyway it'd be nice to avoid that if at all possible :)

There's no "correct" or fully official version except what PlayShapes has already released, we're all working on our own things, but calling them all by the same name will get very confusing!
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby ronpepper » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I can't believe you're claiming that you are going to be releasing the official version. What happens when our version is the only one that gets done, or other fans who also can't work with you release their version, inspired by ours? I mean, I see that as a likelihood, in all honesty.

If we were to say that the next fully featured actual game that comes out is the official version 0.3, I think we could really avoid confusion, but it's obvious that your intent is not to avoid confusion at all but to claim some small bit of glory for your team. You took everyone who was actually working on a game and for whatever reason removed us out of the LoK Team -- so thanks to that act, we're no longer working on the official version. In other words, you are doing everything in your power to make our next version NOT the official version. Frankly I don't give a shit, but I just want to point out your god complex. Get a life bro.
ronpepper

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:39 pm

ronpepper Wrote:I can't believe you're claiming that you are going to be releasing the official version. What happens when our version is the only one that gets done, or other fans who also can't work with you release their version, inspired by ours? I mean, I see that as a likelihood, in all honesty.

If we were to say that the next fully featured actual game that comes out is the official version 0.3, I think we could really avoid confusion, but it's obvious that your intent is not to avoid confusion at all but to claim some small bit of glory for your team. You took everyone who was actually working on a game and for whatever reason removed us out of the LoK Team -- so thanks to that act, we're no longer working on the official version. In other words, you are doing everything in your power to make our next version NOT the official version. Frankly I don't give a shit, but I just want to point out your god complex. Get a life bro.

This
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Lord Panzi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:47 am

why dont the people of area 52 create their own forum then?
i for one would be on both forums.
i could fuck her all night, not a regular night, one of those north pole six month nights
Lord Panzi

Postby haloman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:25 am

Lord Panzi Wrote:why dont the people of area 52 create their own forum then?
i for one would be on both forums.

I kinda agree. Id join it as well and follow both forums.
Finishing the fight... one Confetti blast headshot at a time
haloman

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:32 am

If we knew a damn thing about hosting a forum we would. Although really we all communicate on messengers so a forum for us wouldn't do much good besides posting progress updates for the community to see.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Blaze » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:34 am

There just can't be a peaceful discussion anymore.
ronpepper Wrote:You took everyone who was actually working on a game and for whatever reason removed us out of the LoK Team

Actually this team chose to be seperate, so don't make it sound like you where banished.

From having learning difficulties I know that sometimes it can be easy to give the wrong impression, so I don't if I'm getting the wrong impression. The impression I'm getting is that you are a bit stuck up and once you have decided that you don't like someone you will spout hate at them every chance you get. When you get angry at something, you go overboard.
Blaze

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 am

More like I chose to be seperate, RP and Katsu weren't really given a chance by Ren. Whatever, I don't care anymore, Ren's version will be the official version for his website, I'll give him that, but in general there is no right or wrong version of this game.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Anonymous » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:12 am

everybody just come the fuck down.
no but seriously why are you arguing about this stupid thing.
edit and its pretty easy to make a forum just use simple machines at go daddy
Anonymous

Postby ronpepper » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 am

@ Blaze, PTS, LP, and Halo: Ya'll seem to have missed the point I was making. However, none of us are upset that you are acting dumb.

Obviously, the game *we make* will stand on its own merits and it'll be whatever we call it. :lol:
ronpepper

Postby Renara » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:31 pm

ronpepper Wrote:I can't believe you're claiming that you are going to be releasing the official version.

You should at least read what I said as I said it please; I'm just trying to be clear for people that there will be two different versions, probably both with the same name but one with LegendOfKrystal.com on it, another with whatever you guys decide to stamp on it, like Area52. If you make it far enough to reach a v0.3 of your own then all power to you for that, but it will help to have your versioning starting in the right place.

ronpepper Wrote:You took everyone who was actually working on a game and for whatever reason removed us out of the LoK Team -- so thanks to that act

I asked several times who wanted to stay or not and no-one bothered to let me know, so I just went and assumed everyone that moved to Area52 wasn't staying with the LoK team which seemed to me a reasonable assumption to make.

Anyway, I've said all I need to, I just want to ask that people keep things civil, this may be a forum for Area52 but it's still subject to all the normal forum rules. I'm perfectly happy for groups to have forums here, including groups in the creative corner that grow large enough, hosting a forum of your own is simple enough but it's still quite a bit of work and usually money as well since most free providers are terrible.
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:53 pm

bobsen Wrote:The hate, infantile flaming and general ball-lessness from the Area 52 teams is astounding.

I'm sorry we don't live up to your high moral standards....

Now here's an idea, how about we all just shut the fuck up because this thread will only get worse from this point on.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Previous

Return to Area 52