LoK Choose Your Own Adventure

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: LoK Choose Your Own Adventure

Postby Yawg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Yep- as well as the two issues that followed:

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/yawg/

And thanks!
Yawg

Postby 13Lack12ose » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 am

Still hoping that the Open Cockpit Nude option will be finished soon, and in case any of you say "Ugh, you need to write stuff for it before you criticize!" you're right. I'm thinking of doing a few scenes for it, but I'm just feeling kinda lazy right now. Still, this hasn't been done before (to my knowledge) so good luck to ya!
Hodor
13Lack12ose

Postby gamerfox » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 am

I'm too busy with college to do the confrontation with Fox.
I am a tactless minstrel
I sing off-key for coins
If you spot me in the street
Please kick me in the loins.
gamerfox

Postby Spycam » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:09 am

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know I'm still alive, heh heh, Sorry about not posting for a while, but I've been extremely busy lately, basically from 5:30 AM to 8:30 PM on weekdays, and haven't had time to do any writing. Not to worry, I will be back to contributing in the relatively near future.
And yes, Gamerfox, the nude cockpit scene is one of the next things on my list. It's long overdue. Once I do that and finish the conversation with Liz, everything should be wide open.
No promises, but I will try to put something together by this time next week.
Founder of the Legend of Krystal choose your own adventure project.
Spycam

Postby gamerfox » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 pm

My scenes are all on the Great Fox. Our paths don't really meet.
I am a tactless minstrel
I sing off-key for coins
gamerfox

Postby xzxw » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:10 am

I'll work on some stuff when she crashes, if nobody has any objections.
xzxw
Newly Registered

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm

So....has there been any work done? The thread's gone quiet for about a month now. Also anyone getting errors when they try and read through the pages? Might just be a temporary website bug that'll pass, but I wanna know if anyone else if having issues.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Spycam » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:36 am

I'm having a lot of trouble with the site actually. Half the time I can't get on at all, and when I can the pages take forever to load, and sometimes crash anyway. That's actually a part of why I haven't updated recently. I'm considering trying to move to another site. Suggestions, anyone?
Spycam

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:09 am

Chyoo is the only site I know of. I can't remember if I mentioned it before or not. It still works and people are still uploading stories to it (even though the staff seems to be stuck in limbo. last news update was back on 2006). It looks like it has a similar way of adding parts as well, you can set the story to be open or closed for adding in new parts by anyone and everyone. Here's the website http://www.chyoo.com/
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Spycam » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:51 am

Thanks, Trunks the site looks serviceable to me. I'll start figuring out any coding alterations that need to be made and make the transfer as soon as I can. I have a backup file of all of my work, so that part should be quick enough, but the aforementioned issues with the current site may slow me down when dealing with the rest.

I think I'll also take this opportunity to alter the opening so that it begins aboard the Great Fox, if no one has any objections. The ship serves as a much better hub.
Spycam

Postby Spycam » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

Oh, and I'll set editing to private until the current content is in place to avoid confusion.
Spycam

Postby Spycam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 am

Okay, forget what I said about altering the opening. I took a look at some existing content and there are several pages that would cause discontinuity, some of which aren't my writing.
Spycam

Postby Spycam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:05 am

Also, I'm waiting for the story to be approved on chyoo. Speaking of which, I believe Trunks said something about the staff being in limbo. Does anyone know whether they're still approving stories?
Spycam

Postby Spycam » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:19 am

UPDATE: The story has now been approved.
Spycam

Postby Yawg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 am

Woohoo!
Yawg

Postby deamon425 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey guys just wanted to say Im lovin the story and cant wait to see it fully completed. You are all doing a great job on it :mrgreen:
deamon425
Newly Registered

Postby gamerfox » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 pm

I am a tactless minstrel
I sing off-key for coins
gamerfox

Postby gamerfox » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:48 am

Ok, started my branch.

e: does Spycam need to approve me?
I am a tactless minstrel
I sing off-key for coins
gamerfox

Postby Spycam » Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 pm

HE'S ALIVE! Muah ha haaa... I feel like I should post some sort of explanation for my recent absence. First, I've had a lot going on lately (exams, for example), so I haven't really had much time for our dear Krystal. Second, my computer's been withering away for months and finally breathed it's last a few weeks ago (don't worry, my Krystal files are saved elsewhere). I have just replaced it, and as compensation for my tenure of silence, I have as my first act taken the last hour and a half to upload ALL of my current pages to Chyoo. I will also be attempting to create new content tonight.

I actually like Chyoo better. It's simpler, the stories are self contained (so don't worry about putting LoK or whatever in front of links), and it automatically creates a story map rather than an alphabetical list. Oh, and of course there's the fact that the pages don't take five minutes to load- when they come in at all.

So, the important part is, all of you can now upload your work to the new location (I would do it, but then no one would get the credit they deserve). I notice gamerfox has already started, which tells me that there shouldn't be any problems with approval. Let's put some new life in this party!
Spycam

Postby Spycam » Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 am

UPDATE: So, just churned out 4 new pages for the question sequence. Enjoy! They're a bit rough, but I might have included a few hints as to what exactly is happening on Sauria, so be sure to check them out. The 5th and final page for that set is in progress, and then it's hopefully on to the nude variant of the initial attack (finally, it's been planned since last autumn), which will probably take time since I really want to get it right.
Spycam

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal