Reasons for Joining/Visiting

Cast your vote! Polls here represent possible design decisions that we'd like community feedback on.

What Are Your Primary Reasons for Joining and Visiting the Forums?

Playshapes' Legend of Krystal
19%
(Renara's) LoK project
13%
Watching for updated/new games in the Creative Corner
28%
Discussing Creative Corner games
9%
Participating in (or starting) creative projects
11%
Roleplaying
10%
General chat
7%
Other (please specify)
4%

Total votes : 384

Reasons for Joining/Visiting

Postby Renara » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Out of interest I'm running this poll to see what people's reasons were for joining the forums, and what their reasons for staying were.
Please reply to give more detailed feedback if necessary, for example if your reasons for joining are notably different to your reasons for staying, or if you joined/stayed for a reason other than that listed in the poll.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Re: Reasons for Joining/Visiting

Postby Mr D » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 pm

So which answers belong to "join" and which to "visit"? I joined because of the Playshapes LoK but now I keep visiting because of the creative corner. But some people might could have just joined and keep visiting for 1 and the same reason. So I am unsure which to pick ._.
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby MiscChaos » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Basically? Same answer as Mr. D: I came for the LoK project and stayed for the RP forums.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm

I check 1,2,3,4,5 :mrgreen:

I came here becouse of LoK game. First i see version of LoK 1.0 - and can not find where it comes from, then when i see 2-0 version i was interested that game is upgrading and find this forum.

Now i am more living on creative corner topics - but hope some progress will be on LoK game too some day.

Buy the way i am not sure that voting made right ;)

Where is fap only ? :lol: (Just a joke).

By the way how will ve now how much people choose more than one like i do :roll: ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby napsii » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 pm

I came for the roleplaying and stayed for the community. While I don't often visit the Creative Corner or play the content there, I like seeing what interesting new projects appear. The heart of it is roleplaying, of course: LOK has a very notable roleplaying community that I enjoyed for its lax atmosphere. The erotica aspect of it is nice just because it's novel to see a site that permits it openly, but in the end I enjoy the chance to interact with the many interesting people I've met and befriended here. LOK is a very unique formula.
napsii

Postby IrrelevantComment » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:33 am

When 10% of people voting say they participate in creating stuff, you know there's a huge sampling bias here
IrrelevantComment

Postby Renara » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 pm

IrrelevantComment Wrote:When 10% of people voting say they participate in creating stuff, you know there's a huge sampling bias here

True, but I don't use polls for accurate results, just to get a general idea and/or feedback. 75-90% of our daily traffic are guest users, either lurkers or short-time visitors, who I suspect are mostly here for news and (mostly) the creative corner games.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Reaver » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:38 am

I'm surprised there isn't more for the General Chat. I like popping down there and reading the posts. Weird.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:47 am

WHAT THE!

Where is "Gorepete is amazing" as an option?
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Videl Lover » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 am

While I enjoy a game from the creative corner I also mainly joined this forum because it felt like the right thing to do after spending so much time as a random guest user. Despite many of the game authors here being amateurs, they have got some pretty amazing talent and art that I couldn't even grasp in a million years. Also I like to see the more erotic side of creativity and this place seemed to e the perfect spot to do so.
Videl Lover

Postby talin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:16 pm

I joined because of the project this site got it's namesake from. I'd always hoped it would get finished but no one seems to want to even do a quick "fight through the rapist jungle and save fox" ending to it. I'm probably not going to as I realized my passion is more for editing stories rather than any sort of programing.

Seeing as that ship has been all but metaphorically sunk with age only making matters worse, I did stick around for a while for the few other games that others had been working on. It seems many of these are going unfinished as well and one of the site's only flash makers with a tendency to actually complete a game of two, Gorepete, has hung up his mouse as far as game creation. The trend of LoK playing "Flash game orphanage" doesn't seem to have an actual end in sight, so now that's not a good reason any more even though it's nice to check back and see occasional progress.

The RP forums were fun for a time but I get bored with the incredibly slow pace posting at my convenient hours seems to cause. They also had a very bad habit of dying out half way through.

So far, I'd have to say the discussion board still holds some interesting topics and the fun ideas that frequently crop up are often entertaining despite few people being willing to go through with them. I suppose much of it has to do with the fact that very few people have both the time and the drive to actually finish their ideas and are more prone to letting their imagination wander and then throw them on this forum simply because they aren't half bad and would make a decent game if anyone ever got around to actually making them.

TL;DR The forum is entertaining (that's why I used to, and probably will start to frequent the site once more), but doesn't have enough motivation to actually keep the momentum necessary in finishing most projects.
What is a goal but an attempt to gain a purpose? We don't really want the goals and advancements for themselves, we want them because it gives us a reason to act.
RP DnD roller: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
talin

Vote: Other (please specify)

Postby CrsCronic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 am

Saw saku on ng, beat it, liked it, followed it here. this site seems cool, its very active. not much chat tho?
CrsCronic
Newly Registered

Postby Chameleon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 am

General chat

Also gorepete is awesome
Chameleon

Postby daxtinator396 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 am

Well i joined origially becuase i found LoK on Newgrounds but then I left for awhile and came back right as the roleplaying started. I have been stuck ever since. I make friends and the atmosphere is (usually.) nice. I stick around for the lasting friendships i made her too :3 never have i made so many good friends on the internet XD the irony of how they are all pervs just like me XD
daxtinator396

Postby berserkerhorn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Gorepete Wrote:WHAT THE!

XD you're ruler of creative corner... As in moderator there... There's three options for you
Along with all the other creators here
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby Jesus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 am

OOH OOH PICK ME. Had it been 6 months previous to my joining underage ban would have ensued otherwise it's hardly a surprise but my friend showed me the original LoK game on newgrounds like 4 years ago I think, Playshapes profile on NG said a few months after finding it said he was no longer involved with the LoK project.
Jesus' step by step guide to stop cyber bullying!

Step 1. View malicious post.
Step 2. Close laptop.

You win white knights! (Yay!)
Jesus

Postby That_One_Guy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:42 pm

I forgot this forum was created to help create a new game, it's been awhile.
That_One_Guy

Postby Goryokaku » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:19 pm

basically my reasons for joining was for the LoK game you were developing but if I'm honest as I will always be no matter how blunt I am my answer for staying is all the options but other. I like the general chat, I get my games to play from your creative corner, specially the Gorepete games. But I'm also an avid roleplayer so essentially this Forum ticks all the right buttons to my perveted nature.
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Postby Stargod » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:44 am

Freshly joined, and I did so because of Krystal and Gorepete's games. I'm also interested in creating a text-based game, so I figure snooping around here will help me picture how much work this would actually represent!
Stargod
Newly Registered

Postby konamicode13 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:28 am

Gorepete Wrote:WHAT THE!

If that were an option, no one would have voted for anything else. They may join for Playshapes, but they stay for Gorepete (and Ivan-Aedler, gotta give credit there).
konamicode13

Next

Return to Polls