Roleplaying Discussion

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Roleplaying General Discussion

Postby Thaedael » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Let see, we got gory, and rooie back now. I want to to that detective rp again. Now that I said fuck it, I am sick of picking up people's shit, I should be able to have time for it this time around, that and my mother not dying (hopefully any time soon for that matter knock on wood, thank god even though I'm atheist etc.)
Thaedael

Postby Goryokaku » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 pm

oooh that would be brilliant Thae that detective game was gonna be good... did you save the character sheets?
The sex offenders register... I don't even think they should be at school...
Goryokaku

Postby Kuragari » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:55 am

Regarding the PE RP, it will be some time before I can make the OOC thread. i have to get the character sign in sheet written up, along with how to make it, I also have to convert PE 2 powers into Savage Worlds mechanics, which may be difficult, followed by lists for weapons, items, and armor.
Kuragari

Postby napsii » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:58 pm

While I'm currently strapped for time and energy, I think it's certain for me at this point that I eventually will make another thread and do my best to work it to completion. I have the impression that a lot of people were disappointed when I closed down UG, and I want to make up for that.

It's likely that the next thread I make will either be a reimagining of UG or a similarly adventurous setting in a different genre, likely sci-fi or sci-fantasy. I have no plans to do anything, of course, until things work out with the threads I am currently on and more people have the time and interest to be active.
napsii

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:09 am

UG? Sorry, i'm lost. I can't keep up with you kids with your Xbox and your PSP along with the KOTOR, on the PS4 or ARPG and MMOFPS...
Age creeps up on you when you're 20.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby napsii » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:13 am

Unsteady Ground. It's a fantasy roleplay I ran last year. The activity was spotty (probably no thanks to me) but it was fun.

The OOC and IC threads are floating around here somewhere. I can't say it's exactly S-rank writing from me, but I was impressed with what the players made of it.
napsii

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 am

Thank you.

Anyways i've been watching anime this week which is rare for me to do with college and everything... So i feel like making a anime- like RP.
The basic idea behind will be, that a contractors and demons are link though a bond.... I'll just wait for the recruitment post but it will deal with the supernatural and this semi odd thing where a normal being and a super natural one have souls or fate connected.
BlueLight

Postby Kieli » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new and I'm looking forward to participating in a thread or two, but I'm going to eventually start my own. I'm just debating the setting and the rules right now, so I'll probably look around and see what everyone's interested in so we get a good showing!

Also, @BlueLight, what anime were you watching?
Kieli
Newly Registered

Postby napsii » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:26 am

Welcome Kieli!

This thread over in General has become our de facto anime discussion thread, so if you want to chat about it, I'd recommend checking it out.
napsii

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:47 am

Kieli Wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm new and I'm looking forward to participating in a thread or two, but I'm going to eventually start my own. I'm just debating the setting and the rules right now, so I'll probably look around and see what everyone's interested in so we get a good showing!

Also, @BlueLight, what anime were you watching?

A certain index,
A certain Railgun (have to say, the setup for why bug zapper is bugging the image breaker make more sense in this... in other words it makes no sense but in index it was a even worse reason.),
The devil has a part time job. (Funny as all hell. Let me put it to you this way. In the 90's all sorts of movies were taking mystic characters and putting them in are time piord and just plain failed at it. This is the same thing but anime and done right. The jokes a bit cultural but funny as all hell if you understand them. For instance the hero is also in the time, but isn't using her magic sword {Don't know why yet.} and he tries to attack satan {Subbed translation. It's a japanese devil i believe} and so when they meet she pulls out a blade, the character stand their for a second and satan makes "Ano, didn't you get that from the Hyakuen store." which is basically saying "didn't you get it from the dollar store." It seems Hyaku en store are popular in japan. Anyways she makes a comment and gives a embarrassed look then attacks; next thing you see, they're both at the police station. Sadly only 3 episode are released.)
That's all i've been watching anime wise recently. I've got the Hellsign OVA 1-4 i believe on blueray which i could watch... Legally this time.

*Changes subject to be on topic!*
So when are you going to join my thread that isn't created.
BlueLight

Re: Availability thread

Postby napsii » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 am

Hello and welcome back! I don't know if you remember me, but I certainly remember you falling off the map suddenly when you were in Unsteady Ground sometime last summer. Glad to see that you're back, though!
napsii

Postby MelissaB » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 am

Noticed you made mod since then too. Nice to see you too.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby napsii » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 am

That I did.
napsii

Postby BlueLight » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 am

Tired as all hell!... I thought i just saw a mod chatting in this thread; but that would never happen.
Last edited by BlueLight on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueLight

Postby MelissaB » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:08 am

Like this one napsii? and blue not even a hello, shame on you.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby napsii » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:10 am

Pretty much.

Anyway, how have you been doing these past... 9, 10 months? I'm always interested when inactive users come back (a thing of mine since my roleplaying friends vanishing mysteriously has always eaten at me) so I tend to pry. xD
napsii

Postby BlueLight » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:14 am

MelissaB Wrote:Like this one napsii? and blue not even a hello, shame on you.

Oh dear, it seems that one of the village people is trying to talk to me. What ever will i do. :roll:

Now back to sleep to get the creative jucies flowing for my work in progress RP.
BlueLight

Postby MelissaB » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:16 am

no kidding. :) eh i got busy with some stuff that drew me away from a computer almost completely so i ended up forgetting about this account. other than that I've been working mostly and trying to get by and keep busy and when i did remember i wasn't really in the mood to come back not really one to speak to other's when upset.

MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:19 am

you're not trying very hard blue.

MelissaB

Postby napsii » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:20 am

Yeah, that's understandable. There's a billion and a half reasons why one might not be able to/want to hang around around and roleplay, after all. Roleplaying requires a minimum of time and energy that's easy to lose possession of.
napsii

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character