Roleplaying Discussion

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Roleplaying General Discussion

Postby Grape Me » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Taria Wrote:TARIA

At least you're... IN CHARACTER! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby Gorbaz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi People!!

I have been having thoughts. Thoughts of possible RP worlds, and I wanted your guy's thoughts on it. IF I decide to run one, it won't be fast paced. Mostly because I have a job, am starting to feel old, and have less energy than I used to :P. So, updates twice a week, maybe?

First one is an in-season thing at the moment. Starcraft. Backstory is prety easy to handle - in the 2500's, a group of colony ships containing the detrius of Humanity were launched into space, because Earth was getting a bit overcrowded. They ended up in the Koprulu Sector, crashed, and the survivors built up three powerbases from the ruins - the Kel-Morian Combine, Umojan Protectorate, and the Confederacy. All was cool until xenomorphs showed up and started to eat everyone (The Zerg). Shit got worse when other aliens turned up in their giant frikken starships and incinerated the various worlds that had Zerg on them (the Protoss). Big war!

Highlights - colonial marshal James Raynor saves a bunch of colonists by enlisting the aid of the rebel faction The Sons Of Korhal, psionic assassin Sarah Kerrigan gets captured by the Zerg and infested, becoming quite the psycopath, Sons Of Korhal leader Arctursk Mensk goes on a power trip after defeating the Confederacy and remaking it as The Dominion, The Overmind, driving will of the Zerg, is killed on the Protoss homeworld, the United Earth Directorate invades in order to bring "stability" to the region and kicks the Dominion's ass, and Sarah, now called the Queen Of Blades, kicks everyone's asses as she is in complete control of the Zerg, but lets most live as they run away.

Second is drawn from a kickstarter that I've been funding - Busty Barbarian Bimbos. Basic premise is that it's post apocolyptic, and that everyone has gone back to a near-iron age existance with spears, knives, crude armour and such. But it's more of a parody game than anything sensible as everyone would be the afrementioned BBB's, who are essentially the heroic adventurers who save the world by ensuring good fasion sense, and beating up on pampered people. I will be getting a RP guidebook for this, but not for a few months.

Ideas, people!

Oh, and I'll post on Star Wars later today
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby nocrose » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:03 pm

i like both ideas and i can understand the non fast passed posts work for me is crazy too.
nocrose

Postby BlueLight » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:31 am

MiscChaos Wrote:OK, one of my coworkers needs to leave to care for his family starting Wednesday. This means I need to take up more hours to fill in the void he leaves, something I'm more than happy to do seeing as family comes first always. But this means that I've got even less time on my hands to do things like homework at home, so I'll have to do it during work. As I've said a few times, most of my posts on here are done at work. So...

tl;dr- I'll be on here a bit less until we hire on a new person.

misc doesn't like us as much as he likes his home work.... Quick, we need some one to seduce him!
MiscChaos Wrote:OK,I know I'm double posting, but it has to be done. I've been helping my stepdad move, so that's why there wasn't a post yesterday and why a post today will come at like midnight or around 10AM tomorrow.

.... curses, he's a saint!
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Kuragari » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Two questions.

Firstly, anyone here familiar with Savage Worlds, the RP Game system?

Secondly, would anyone be interested in playing a Parasite Eve RP (rated xxx) using said system set after PE 2? (no 3rd birthday, cause 3rd birthday sucked and isn't canon >:( )
Kuragari

Postby Taria » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:11 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about, but XXX rated and parasites oddly sounds exciting.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby napsii » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:25 am

Oh my gosh, I loved the Parasite Eve games. PE2 was my favorite... though I well and honestly don't get T3B's plot at all. I've only watched a longplay of it.

I might be down for a thread set in its universe provided there's no involvement of canon characters.
napsii

Postby Kuragari » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

Taria Wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about, but XXX rated and parasites oddly sounds exciting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Worlds

Savage Worlds is a generic RPing system that is easy to tweak, relatively speaking :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite_E ... eo_game%29

Parasite Eve is a survival horror RPG game that was made to test the graphics engine for what would become FFVII. Its an awesome series though!!

And no, Canon characters would not be involved. We'll say that their off doing something else somewhere else. Though an Eve might show up at some point.

I've got the bare bones of a campaign written up, but first I have to read up on Savage Worlds so i know what I'm doing :p
Kuragari

Postby napsii » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:35 am

After reading, I've realized I'm familiar with some of the mechanics that Savage Worlds involves, although I feel like the playing cards function is something that I'd find obstructive.

I assume you would adapt advantages/disadvantages/etc. into PE-related things, like Parasite Energy powers and so forth?
napsii

Postby Kuragari » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:52 am

napsii Wrote:After reading, I've realized I'm familiar with some of the mechanics that Savage Worlds involves, although I feel like the playing cards function is something that I'd find obstructive.

I assume you would adapt advantages/disadvantages/etc. into PE-related things, like Parasite Energy powers and so forth?

Well, I think the chances of the players getting into a card game might be slim, so I'd probably just pull out a d20 and anything over ten is a successful round if it came up.

Yeah, that would be one of the things I need to take care of. I didn't want to start doing that though until I knew whether or not anyone was interested.
Kuragari

Postby napsii » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 am

Alright, I can see that.

Where is the plot expected to sit in the canon? I imagine that we'd be playing MIST agents?
napsii

Postby Kuragari » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:09 am

napsii Wrote:Alright, I can see that.

Where is the plot expected to sit in the canon? I imagine that we'd be playing MIST agents?

Its going to be taking place a few years after PE2, and yes, the players will be playing MIST agents. Players who happen to have 'evolved' mitochondria (like Aya) will be part of a special unit within MIST. (I say this because it seems implied in PE2 that some people are beginning to have their mitochondria 'awaken' as well)

The intro to the campaign I've got written up has MIST investigating a number of disappearances, with each disappearance shortly followed up by NMC attacks. Of specific interest is that those who are disappearing are all young women. its up to the players to find out what's going on, and stop whoever or whatever is behind these attacks.
Kuragari

Postby napsii » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 am

OK, that sounds simplistic enough.

I'll honestly have to do some reading to refresh my memories of PE lore, since I haven't played the games since early last year and don't completely remember the plot.

Also, it strikes me that Parasite Energy powers could be hysterically overpowered, so I'd recommend being thorough about how many people are permitted to use them.
napsii

Postby MiscChaos » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:24 am

YES! I am SO in favor of a PE RP. You have no idea! I'll have to read up on this Savage Worlds style, but, to be honest, almost no matter what it entails I'm so into this. Especially since it completely ignores the abomination that was 3rd Birthday. What the hell were they thinking...?
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Kuragari » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 am

napsii Wrote:OK, that sounds simplistic enough.

I'll honestly have to do some reading to refresh my memories of PE lore, since I haven't played the games since early last year and don't completely remember the plot.

Also, it strikes me that Parasite Energy powers could be hysterically overpowered, so I'd recommend being thorough about how many people are permitted to use them.

What I'd probably do is set up a power limit, like how many powers a person can have. I'd likely base it off a combination of Spirit and Vigor stats. Probably also throw in the rank the character is (Savage world's equivalent of sort of level tiers if I recall)

I could also make the powers weaker.

MiscChaos Wrote:YES! I am SO in favor of a PE RP. You have no idea! I'll have to read up on this Savage Worlds style, but, to be honest, almost no matter what it entails I'm so into this. Especially since it completely ignores the abomination that was 3rd Birthday. What the hell were they thinking...?

3rd birthday? What is this third birthday game you speak of? I know of no such game linked to the glory that is the Parasite Eve series... :evil:
Kuragari

Postby MiscChaos » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 am

Sorry. I must've had some terrible nightmare that induced such a horrendous concept into my mind. I won't bring up such a thing again XD
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...

MiscChaos

Postby napsii » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:44 am

With a classless system, it'd likely be best to attach the power and availability of PE powers to certain stats. I don't know if Savage Worlds employs a class system, but that also might be worth looking into using them and dividing the availability of certain powers and abilities among the various specialties.

My personal opinion is that it'd be weird if like every single character had PE powers since they're meant to be fairly rare and incredibly powerful. Personally, I'd incentivize using more mundane methods.
napsii

Postby Kuragari » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:52 am

napsii Wrote:With a classless system, it'd likely be best to attach the power and availability of PE powers to certain stats. I don't know if Savage Worlds employs a class system, but that also might be worth looking into using them and dividing the availability of certain powers and abilities among the various specialties.

My personal opinion is that it'd be weird if like every single character had PE powers since they're meant to be fairly rare and incredibly powerful. Personally, I'd incentivize using more mundane methods.

I think it can have class systems, or it can likely be modified to have such.

One of the thoughts I had for keeping everyone from having PE powers was that possessing evolved mitochondria has some slightly negative consequences. I'd just have to figure out what those consequences would be.
Kuragari

Postby MiscChaos » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:55 am

One suggestion is never let your PE hit 0 or your mitochondria goes out of control and you burn up. I'm not sure how many people would like it though...

MiscChaos

Postby napsii » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 am

Stat or roll penalties to certain areas, perhaps. Using PE powers past a certain limit (determined by the appropriate stats) could also exhaust a character, etc.

You can also employ more non-mechanical disadvantages like making enemies more drawn to them, or forcing hallucinations/other episodes on them due to the complex symbiotic nature of mitochondria with their host.

Also: Is there any plan to involve BP that can be exchanged for new gear, or will characters be provided with weaponry from the start?
napsii

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character