Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season (Monster Breeder) [New Poll 3/6/2013]

Postby Mithril001 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:26 am

cereburn Wrote:So, what is considered too much incest?

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH INCEST!!!!!!11!
Mithril001
Newly Registered

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:47 am

Mithril001 Wrote:
cereburn Wrote:So, what is considered too much incest?

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH INCEST!!!!!!11!

HERPDERP.png

EDIT:
1. There is a hidden "incest count" that each monster has when it's born, that is inherited from its mother and father and incremented if it is a product of incest, but decremented if it is not (incest in this case is just between parent-offspring and between siblings). Note that since it inherits an incest count from both its mother and father the fastest way to get a derpy monster is by breeding two products of incest together.

2. There is a secret hint about the next update hidden in that image.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 am

Really low stats and added markers/bars to the stats that have no clear correlations to the stat numbers? Blub.

Glad you mentioned how the incest can occur though. I found it to be really unreliable with when it happened so that makes sense now. So a parent and its incest baby together is less harmful than two incest babies together. I assume the effects of incest remain even if it's breeding two incest babies from different parents since you said each monster has a counter.

Incest talk is hard.
FruitSmoothie

Postby Ironvein » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 am

jpoe45 Wrote:
coldcrow Wrote:Random idea worth a whole two cents.

Cross race after breeding? Say horse + harpy = pegasus?

Or wolf + main character = ware wolf? :O

I also would like to see this, how much work would this be?

I really like this idea. I think (given the way the game works) that breeding a unique monster shouldn't be too hard coding-wise; but if it were me, I'd make some unique requires so that (like the above ex.) the pegasus would only be created if a certain breeding modify condition was met say having both pluses and minus of the horse and harpie (or something entirely different). That way it's an accomplishment if you successfully breed one. Of course, after the first breeding rules would be as normal.

If he does it that way, then they should never be available in the monster shop as it is currently simple to restock until you find what you like (good tool for debug, but I think it should be taken out when the core game is complete).

Hopefully he'll start concentrating on the game itself, instead of just adding a new monster every once in a while (that will get stale in a hurry). I think a new poll should be made on what part of the game engine should be worked on next rather than worrying about the next monster.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby Ironvein » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

Hunted through the thread, but no one seems it have asked...

Does HERP-DERP actually DO anything other the messed up eyes?
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby Thaedael » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 am

First play-through was silly, second one perfect. Got an altruistic catgirl right off the bat, and a dickwolf with no-downside, these were then used to make a hybrid with both traits then breed into ever other species as I got them, now i got one of each with max stats. The main catgirl makes the modofies ridicolous with 100 stats across the board, which makes 10 consumables that makes it sillier. In two days I can make any gold resuqest.
Thaedael

Postby Ramia73 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Ironvein Wrote:Hunted through the thread, but no one seems it have asked...

Does HERP-DERP actually DO anything other the messed up eyes?

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

None of the customers will not buy that bulged eyed monster from you. (... or at least they did not want my 4X Herp-Derp dick wolf...)

And since Herp-Derp is always inherited by children, Monster is useless for breeding. But it can still be used for raising others stats.
Ramia73
Newly Registered

Postby Smeardy Bro » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:19 pm

and here i wanted to do WolfxWolf,but they don't have animation :cry:
Smeardy Bro

Postby Kanda » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:36 pm

this i like is a great idea! the game is call monster breeder so breeding new things makes sense :)

so it looks like people really wants some catboys...but i wonder will they have human like genitals? that would look kinda silly...
Kanda
Newly Registered

Postby deathreaper711 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Kanda Wrote:

this i like is a great idea! the game is call monster breeder so breeding new things makes sense :)

so it looks like people really wants some catboys...but i wonder will they have human like genitals? that would look kinda silly...

The catgirls have human genitals, let's hope the catboys have human genitals also. Having animal genitals or something else there would look a lot more than silly, it'd just look plain weird.
deathreaper711

Postby Elerneron » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:10 pm

deathreaper711 Wrote:The catgirls have human genitals, let's hope the catboys have human genitals also. Having animal genitals or something else there would look a lot more than silly, it'd just look plain weird.

<My2₵>I have to respectfully disagree. I for one prefer animalistic genitalia on my furries. The exotic nature of animal genitals combined with the human form presents a more solid, non-human feel, imho. I even prefer my mammalian furries to have the correct number of breasts for the nipples found in their species ( 8 for Cat or Dog [though 6 works also and can fit on the torso more easily], 6 for Pig [though real pigs can have up to 16], 4 for Cow or Deer, 3 for bizarre other world aliens, and 2 for Goat, Sheep and Horse). I prefer breasts over just nipples, and prefer them over breast-less versions of non-mammalian species. I don't care that the lizard-girl doesn't need to produce milk, without breasts (or at least nipples for loli lizard girls) they aren't attractive as female for me. Also I prefer no udders on my furries, but can tolerate them if there are also normal breasts. </My2₵>
Elerneron

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:23 pm

I actually intend to later on add a "Furry" trait that makes, for instance, catgirls, into straight up furries.

Catboys would most likely have human genitals, with the furry version having more cat-like genitals.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby deathreaper711 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:I actually intend to later on add a "Furry" trait that makes, for instance, catgirls, into straight up furries.

Catboys would most likely have human genitals, with the furry version having more cat-like genitals.

That actually sounds great, everyone wins. Kudos for all of the diversity.
deathreaper711

Postby humanchair » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 pm

That can't be right every time anything comes close to beating them catboys go up by about 20 votes. So ones stuffing the box. (I can't believe I just made that pun ) :roll:

I don't think there have been 90 people posting onto this forum. So why cant people just be happy with one vote?
humanchair
Newly Registered

Postby deathreaper711 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 pm

humanchair Wrote:That can't be right every time anything comes close to beating them catboys go up by about 20 votes. So ones stuffing the box. (I can't believe I just made that pun ) :roll:

I don't think there have been 90 people posting onto this forum. So why cant people just be happy with one vote?

Actually the dragon votes go up in proportion to the catboy's if you've been paying attention. I think if someone's stuffing the box it's going both ways. Either there's two cheaters pitting against each other for the most poll votes, or people are just voting.

Either way there's been a crap ton of votes in general, more-so than the last poll.
deathreaper711

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm

humanchair Wrote:That can't be right every time anything comes close to beating them catboys go up by about 20 votes. So ones stuffing the box. (I can't believe I just made that pun ) :roll:

Proves my point of the polls being a terrible judge of what the actual population wants. The person/people doing that doesn't care that it could be hurting the overall game, they just care about what they themselves want. At least it's on a small matter right now since it may all make it ingame, but imagine if it was a poll on something more important.

Honestly I think the creator should just do what he wants or what he thinks would bring in the most donations/customers/fans. I mean if a few hundred people feel like they're getting jipped on the poll votes, what's the point in having one anyways? One person can screw over the entire poll and tick off a lot of fans. A bunch of people upset that they're cheated out of their opinion probably isn't good.

Anyways, must draw monster people now. Minotaur legs are crazy.
FruitSmoothie

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Realistically, these polls are just for me to get a rough idea of what people want. What goes into the game has and will always be just based on my own discretion.

Unless, of course, you pay me to put something into the game, and I am working on the ability to do that currently :P.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Calpico » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 pm

charity fund to remove catboys from the poll
Calpico

Postby deathreaper711 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:17 am

Calpico Wrote:charity fund to remove catboys from the poll

Both seem to have cheaters, if you notice the last two pages most of the people bringing up the catboy votes have had their accounts made in the last 3-4 days. (At least a few). And with the huge spike in the catboy votes, the dragon's have gone up the same amount "before" the initial catboy spike. The dragon's have gone up around 40 votes or so just as the catboy's has. So either 40 people just randomly came up to vote for the dragon to match the catboy votes in the last few days, or there's multiple people cheating for their votes. With this recent spike in catboy votes, it's become more vocal, despite the huge climb of the dragon votes as well.

I think there's multiple cheaters tattling on cheaters to try to get their result. Either way, it's a bit redundant considering the creator just said it's a rough estimate. But i would say to look at the results of the dragon votes as well, as the last poll did "not" climb that fast either in any of the options. So there's definitely a cheater there too. (Still if someone is stuffing the polls votes, it's a bit ridiculous considering that's a shit ton of votes and a lot of unique email addresses, bot verification, ect.)
deathreaper711

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 am

It started off with most others at about 10-20 votes and the 3 popular ones at 30-40, now it's like 10-30 vs 65-100. It wasn't like it was a slow thing either, I keep this up in another tab and have seen the popular ones jump by 20 or so at a time when I refresh the page.

Again, if people are clearly cheating and Hartista isn't going to follow the poll 100% anyways, what's the point? People will just feel cheated and like they have no control over it anyways.
FruitSmoothie

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects