Shield High [Fresh Start]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Shield High [RAGS game]

Postby BlueLight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 am

Pudding Earl Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:How well can rags generate media? For instants can you draw a graph using it?

Also, i got a idea that my be a bit to sadistic for this game. Basically the gym has, or a room/build next to the gym has basically public bondage gear. Stuff like a wooden horse. You could punish you slaves here or be wacko and put your self though pain i guess.

RAGS? Not at all. It can only do text. If I made seperate graph images and uploaded them in that'd work, but it would be highly inefficient.

That's actually a pretty good idea, I'll be sure to include it when I get the time.

ALSO: Re-uploaded this update with some minor bug fixes.

The problem with doing pictures, is that the user can just look in the folder. however could you put 3 pictures in the same panel?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Pudding Earl » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:03 am

BlueLight Wrote:
Pudding Earl Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:How well can rags generate media? For instants can you draw a graph using it?

Also, i got a idea that my be a bit to sadistic for this game. Basically the gym has, or a room/build next to the gym has basically public bondage gear. Stuff like a wooden horse. You could punish you slaves here or be wacko and put your self though pain i guess.

RAGS? Not at all. It can only do text. If I made seperate graph images and uploaded them in that'd work, but it would be highly inefficient.

That's actually a pretty good idea, I'll be sure to include it when I get the time.

ALSO: Re-uploaded this update with some minor bug fixes.

The problem with doing pictures, is that the user can just look in the folder. however could you put 3 pictures in the same panel?

I don't believe so, but I haven't played around with images much.
Pudding Earl

Postby alako » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Pudding Earl Wrote:
I don't believe so, but I haven't played around with images much.

As long as setup password, a player cannot look directly into the mutimedia library. As for displaying 3 pictures in the same panel, you could do it by using the the "Media: Display Layered Picture" function, but it will require basic photoshop skills and quite a bit of editing. So, if you want to do this all the time, it will probably drive you crazy. :|
My RAGS Game Development Blog: http://alakogames.blogspot.ca/
Currently working on my first game "Code Name - Instinct Project".
alako

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 am

http://www.ragsgame.com/RagsManual/Laye ... Images.mp4

Okay, so this might work.
Here's what i'm thinking of. You could create some graphs based on peoples skills so instead of just getting a wall of text saying this person hates getting spanked, you could say could display graphs along with it that give the player a better idea what they're looking at.
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 am

BlueLight Wrote:http://www.ragsgame.com/RagsManual/LayeredImages/LayeredImages.mp4

Okay, so this might work.
Here's what i'm thinking of. You could create some graphs based on peoples skills so instead of just getting a wall of text saying this person hates getting spanked, you could say could display graphs along with it that give the player a better idea what they're looking at.

That's a great idea. Except for the part where I'm going to be moving on from RAGS sooner or later (depending on if my friend gets ready to do it or if I just take a stab at the code myself), and plan to include profiles in the new version.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 am

What are you planning to move to? I might be able to look into it before you do.
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 am

BlueLight Wrote:What are you planning to move to? I might be able to look into it before you do.

Ideally a scratch-built engine.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 am

Pudding Earl Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:What are you planning to move to? I might be able to look into it before you do.

Any chance i might be able beta test it for you guys when you have a build working(I don't consider a yes a contract, just a confirmation that it would be highly likely. And a no is not a no, just a reason for me to bug you more until you say yes... MUAHHAHA)

I hope by friend building this, your not talking me when when i was asking for what you'd want in a system if some one built it.
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 am

BlueLight Wrote:
Pudding Earl Wrote:

Any chance i might be able beta test it for you guys when you have a build working(I don't consider a yes a contract, just a confirmation that it would be highly likely. And a no is not a no, just a reason for me to bug you more until you say yes... MUAHHAHA)

I hope by friend building this, your not talking me when when i was asking for what you'd want in a system if some one built it.

Nah, I mean an IRL friend of mine who was studying programming and such. I could start on it right now if I were to lower my standards slightly.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 am

How would you get around the scripting not being dynamic, problem?
For instants, i know that i couldn't figure out how to do if statements unless i made a method (subfunction, function) for each type and then returned the variable of true or false.

for instants if i put "If horny, hot, in heat, not prude and over or equal to 18; do action." in my theoretical script, then what would happen is i'd have the code translate this to something like this.
Code: Select All Code
 if( ifMaster( BOOLEAN[0],BOOLEAN[1], !BOOLEAN[2], 18,(btye)1, int[0])){do action}

ifMaster(boolean horny, boolean hot, boolean inHeat, boolean prude, int compareAGE, byte actionType , int age)
boolean super = false;
boolean returnValue = false;
       if(action type ==-2) {if(compareAGE >   age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type ==-1) {if(compareAGE >= age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type == 0) {if(compareAGE == age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type == 1) {if(compareAGE <= age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type == 2) {if(compareAGE <   age){ super == true;}}

if(horny &&hot && !prude && super){returnValue =true;}
return returnValue;
}
as you can see, i basically have to design each if statement. However i just thought of something, it would basically be a complex way of doing deductive logic.
So in Deductive logic you make statements that are basically layers, A & (!B v !(C & d))) so all i have to do is make a water fall system and check each statement one by one until you have all of them checked.
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 am

BlueLight Wrote:How would you get around the scripting not being dynamic, problem?
For instants, i know that i couldn't figure out how to do if statements unless i made a method (subfunction, function) for each type and then returned the variable of true or false.

for instants if i put "If horny, hot, in heat, not prude and over or equal to 18; do action." in my theoretical script, then what would happen is i'd have the code translate this to something like this.
Code: Select All Code
 if( ifMaster( BOOLEAN[0],BOOLEAN[1], !BOOLEAN[2], 18,(btye)1, int[0])){do action}

ifMaster(boolean horny, boolean hot, boolean inHeat, boolean prude, int compareAGE, byte actionType , int age)
boolean super = false;
boolean returnValue = false;
       if(action type ==-2) {if(compareAGE >   age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type ==-1) {if(compareAGE >= age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type == 0) {if(compareAGE == age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type == 1) {if(compareAGE <= age){ super == true;}}
else if(action type == 2) {if(compareAGE <   age){ super == true;}}

if(horny &&hot && !prude && super){returnValue =true;}
return returnValue;
}
as you can see, i basically have to design each if statement. However i just thought of something, it would basically be a complex way of doing deductive logic.
So in Deductive logic you make statements that are basically layers, A & (!B v !(C & d))) so all i have to do is make a water fall system and check each statement one by one until you have all of them checked.

Given my limited understanding of coding, I got about...half of that. However, if I'm correct in what I think you're asking, I'd simply use a switch statement, and a similar method to my existing code in RAGS, which is basically a long series of if statements to check which event goes off. Except the switch would be a lot more efficient, since instead of checking all of the required variables, I'd simply set a single variable to which event number we're up to. If that makes any sense at all.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 am

Ya, i'd have to see the code your thinking of to understand what your planning. oh well.
I'll test your update soon.
BlueLight

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:04 am

BTW, when are implementing the event for make Emily a slave? this is the second broken girl i'm saving from that bitch!
Edit,
Never mind, that bitch is just insane! oh i also found a bug. It turns out that if you save iris, the event can pop us. Also i didn't save.... so damn! I can't talk to iris so i'm kinda stuck.

For events like this, it might be wise if you allow us just walk away.

EDIT new bug i think, maybe it's not.
The first girl you meet, it says day 4, and week 3 in my task bad. I restarted the game and i'm using quick saves so i don't have to take for ever to get the result i like.
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 am

BlueLight Wrote:BTW, when are implementing the event for make Emily a slave? this is the second broken girl i'm saving from that bitch!
Edit,
Never mind, that bitch is just insane! oh i also found a bug. It turns out that if you save iris, the event can pop us. Also i didn't save.... so damn! I can't talk to iris so i'm kinda stuck.

The first girl you meet, it says day 4, and week 3 in my task bad. I restarted the game and i'm using quick saves so i don't have to take for ever to get the result i like.

I thought I did include a walk away option for the Iris content. Odd. And quick saves tend to stress RAGS, in my experience. Nothing you can really do about it though.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Pudding Earl Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:BTW, when are implementing the event for make Emily a slave? this is the second broken girl i'm saving from that bitch!
Edit,

I thought I did include a walk away option for the Iris content. Odd. And quick saves tend to stress RAGS, in my experience. Nothing you can really do about it though.

Ya, for java, i would just save all the main objects which is 5 at max, and one of those is a GUI.

EDIT, i've taken a instant disliking to the mother, basically calling both her daughters sluts. Okay forget the verbal abuse, she's letter her daughter be sluts.... Just ranting, doesn't really need to change. Besides, i get to murder her later, RIGHT, RIGHT!
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

BlueLight Wrote:
Pudding Earl Wrote:
Edit,

Ya, for java, i would just save all the main objects which is 5 at max, and one of those is a GUI.

EDIT, i've taken a instant disliking to the mother, basically calling both her daughters sluts. Okay forget the verbal abuse, she's letter her daughter be sluts.... Just ranting, doesn't really need to change. Besides, i get to murder her later, RIGHT, RIGHT!

But...but...the mother is the best character! She only calls Jen a slut really, and it's more of a family joke than anything else. She's generally a pretty chill mother.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm

RED RUM, RED RUM!

Anyways, question. I just got invited to the group of slavers and well i got no option. Is that by design? Like should i just keep getting that wall of text and then be able to walk out without saying anything.

EDIT
NVM. I didn't click everything

wait, JO.... dammit, it was that librarian that enslaved me the last play though. GAH!... nah, i still think i wouldn't have taken it.
BlueLight

Postby cookie jar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 am

I'm not entierely sure which scares me more, when a post by blue makes perfect sense to me or when there's no way for me to understand what the bloody hell he(/she/it) is talking about. (Despite how this may sound, no insult intended here...)

Back to Shield High:
Found another bug (or at least i think it is one) with the bugfixed version of 0.52. When you lose to Elizabeth the game sort of breaks down. You keep running around flagged as topless an with no owner. Yet the game constantly reminds you, that you should go and see your mistress. However the only option when seeing Elizabeth is "Examine".

Spent a couple of days just running around school with no other events coming up after that. Though i admit I'm not entierely sure if there is no content written so far for being owned by Elizabeth or if it is actually a bug.

And since I'm unclear as well if my choices up to that point are of particular impact in this regard:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Won every other fight, always used the "nice" option (be kind, offer relaxed terms, help for free etc.) and rejected all advances of possible girlfriends up to that point (Melanie and Iris i believe so far).
As for the biker girl: Delivered her package once, got the appropriate pictures of Angel and complained about the fights to her. Ignored Jen's flirting as well.

Hope this helps in tracking down the issue. Starting to feel the need to familiarize myself with the inner workings of RAGS to make more qualified comments. :geek:
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Pudding Earl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 am

cookie jar Wrote:I'm not entierely sure which scares me more, when a post by blue makes perfect sense to me or when there's no way for me to understand what the bloody hell he(/she/it) is talking about. (Despite how this may sound, no insult intended here...)

Back to Shield High:
Found another bug (or at least i think it is one) with the bugfixed version of 0.52. When you lose to Elizabeth the game sort of breaks down. You keep running around flagged as topless an with no owner. Yet the game constantly reminds you, that you should go and see your mistress. However the only option when seeing Elizabeth is "Examine".

Spent a couple of days just running around school with no other events coming up after that. Though i admit I'm not entierely sure if there is no content written so far for being owned by Elizabeth or if it is actually a bug.

And since I'm unclear as well if my choices up to that point are of particular impact in this regard:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Won every other fight, always used the "nice" option (be kind, offer relaxed terms, help for free etc.) and rejected all advances of possible girlfriends up to that point (Melanie and Iris i believe so far).
As for the biker girl: Delivered her package once, got the appropriate pictures of Angel and complained about the fights to her. Ignored Jen's flirting as well.

Hope this helps in tracking down the issue. Starting to feel the need to familiarize myself with the inner workings of RAGS to make more qualified comments. :geek:

Elizabeth content has not yet been written no. I was planning to do it after the Mistresses content, however that might get a rain check through to 0.7, I haven't really decided yet. Point is, no that's not so much buggy as it is incomplete. When you get to that point you've reached the end. And no, your choices don't have any impact on that, they might do in the future, when I go through and do 0.6, but we'll have to wait and see, I'm not sure how much work is too much work at this stage.

Also, the only thing I need to know in bug-fixing is where the problem starts. I missed a recent bug because of that, looked everywhere but the bug, because no one mentioned Jillian was re-issuing the challenge. Or they did and I missed it. Regardless. If you can pin-point roughly where something went wrong, that's all I need to know.
Pudding Earl

Postby cookie jar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Apparently i should pay more attention to the status entries on your blog about what content is already there so i won't confuse WIP with bugs in the future. Sorry about that.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects