The NEW Plan

Home of the Area 52 project.

Re: The NEW Plan

Postby Thaedael » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:31 pm

On the topic of outfits and reform, would it be possible to nominate Corta for the team? I mean, he makes beautiful outfits, has programming knowledge, and seems to be an all around nice guy? That would allow one person to make base models and he can dress them up, or he can just make models too (from what I seen, if I am wrong on this correct me please).
Thaedael

Postby Lord Panzi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:27 pm

are you going to do costumes like in another tail? my tastes change often, so i love changing
or maybe changing booths?
i could fuck her all night, not a regular night, one of those north pole six month nights
Lord Panzi

Postby kamisu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:01 pm

What about sound ? You add sound on / off function? This is very important option.
One more w
Like i understand "The new plan" mean that game out in next 2012? wwww
kamisu
Newly Registered

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:16 am

if corta decides he gives a fuck about the krystal game and not his own side projects, he's welcome to try his hand at making outfits or modifying what we have, not like we could stop him from it anyways, problem is he's shown no interest in helping with LoK, so we show no interest in getting his help.

You'll accumulate outfits as the game goes on and be able to switch between them as you get them, i don't know if wearing certain outfits at certain times will be required yet or not.

I think we can add a mute option. and the game comes out when it's done.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby corta » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 am

awwh shucks, it's nice to be talked about..

not being much of a furry, myself - there's still not much in the main game that I'm into,
but if you've got plans for humans (and I guess mermaids/zoras.. even lizard girls if they look anything like the stuff that kuja makes) then we've got something to start talking about..
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby ronpepper » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 am

I am a firm believer that everybody should do his own thing. Just, not all of it will actually get used in the game that's about Krystal. Obviously.
ronpepper

Postby Thaedael » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:04 am

Sorry for putting it forward, seems there is a bit of bad blood and differences here ^^;;.
Thaedael

Postby Thaedael » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:23 am

KK ^^,
I thought there was bad blood but it is good to know we are all friends here! Either way, if you guys ever do need alternate costumes do consult Corta! Either way I am excited to see where this is going. Also Trunks, if you ever need a sounding board for ideas let me know, alcandar has been using me as one for his 40k project so I don't mind bouncing ideas back and forth!
Thaedael

Postby Reaver » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:24 am

Sooo is there going to be something like a health bar (plz no health bar)
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 am

Well since Ren has decided to start posting again, I can't say for sure what's going to happen. I want to avoid a bunch of bullshit back and forth debating for weeks on end (his comment of dismissing ron pepper and katsu's works as 'a secondary side project' alone pisses me off to no end when they're doing their best to do something for this community). If all goes well, Ren will play by our rules, and not us bowing down before what he wants. If he's going to be stubborn and insistant on his ideas while giving us no demo's to show 'how great they are' and refuses to make RP and katsu into full members of this project, then you all will see some team members jumping ship and moving to pawsru's thread if we have to.

So with that out of the way, I originally wanted to do a stamina bar that would get larger as you leveled up, but that's being scrapped after talking with ebonizza and seeing a few other community members that really just don't want that. Instead you'll level up and gain abilities to use on different parts of the game, sort of a 'metroidvania' style; you get something to advance further in the game.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Valentine » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Well, what'd he say?
“Grilled cheese. Grill me a cheese.”
“I’m not grilling you a cheese.”
Valentine

Postby Renara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:51 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:If he's going to be stubborn

I think it well worth pointing out that this is one of the reasons I decided I needed a break; oh I'm definitely stubborn, but there's something very annoying about being accused of being stubborn while defending an idea I like, especially if someone at least as stubborn is determined to hate the idea for reasons that are readily addressed or can be compromised upon.

My intention isn't to dismiss Ron Pepper and KaTsuO_O's work as a secondary project, they're both showing great talent that will be a huge bonus to any LoK project, but while this "new" plan may be using ideas from the team forums, it clearly hasn't come from there as the team forums have seen almost no activity in my absence, and the only people to have made any effort to contact me have been community members. As always I fully support all LoK projects, and people are completely welcome to come up with their own updated or spin-off versions of LoK, that's never going to change, and I'm happy to set-up sub-forums for larger projects to collaborate with their own self-moderated group. But there's only room here for one project to be officially supported by this site.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Renara Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:If he's going to be stubborn

I think it well worth pointing out that this is one of the reasons I decided I needed a break; oh I'm definitely stubborn, but there's something very annoying about being accused of being stubborn while defending an idea I like, especially if someone at least as stubborn is determined to hate the idea for reasons that are readily addressed or can be compromised upon.

My intention isn't to dismiss Ron Pepper and KaTsuO_O's work as a secondary project, they're both showing great talent that will be a huge bonus to any LoK project, but while this "new" plan may be using ideas from the team forums, it clearly hasn't come from there as the team forums have seen almost no activity in my absence, and the only people to have made any effort to contact me have been community members. As always I fully support all LoK projects, and people are completely welcome to come up with their own updated or spin-off versions of LoK, that's never going to change, and I'm happy to set-up sub-forums for larger projects to collaborate with their own self-moderated group. But there's only room here for one project to be officially supported by this site.

Where do I begin....

I'm willing to deal with some of your ideas, but you're too blinded by some of them to see when everyone just flat out hates it, like your redeye chase scene, yeah i'm going to make that public right now. You suggested krystal gets thrown into the redeye cave as a sacrifice (missleading since she doesn't die) and then has to run away from the redeye, jumping and dodging objects until she eventually looses anyway and gets fucked. EVERYONE on the team called this a bad idea and brought up reasons why. It's jarring to go form 'sacrificed' and being chased around to having sex with it, the point was to make it loose stamina but you're also loosing stamina while running away, how unlikely the redeye would fuck you as opposed to eat you if you're running away. And you eventualy just tried to dismiss our arugments as not being strong enough. WHEN EVERYONE HATES THE IDEA, IT'S A BAD IDEA!

Then there's your combat and leveling system that i was at least willing to see a demo for, but you never got it done. And like it or not, I don't see too many people that want a stamina bar included, they don't care about the sex scenes being glorified slide shows, why don't you put some faith in how 3y does the scenes and let him worry about making them good enough, the attitudes thing is already a good way work on that 'slide show' issue you have. Ultimatly people wanna pay attention to the sex, not worry if they have enough health or not.

The reason the developer's corner hasn't been used is because katsu and RP arn't part of the development team, what good would posting in there do? they can't see anything, you're the only one with the power to make them into team members. So we abandoned the developer's corner and moved everything to creative corner. We made things public, and then we took it a step further, had katsu and RP get on AIM and have been doing a lot of work outside of the forums because working through IMs is a lot faster.

You basically ditched us, so we ditched your special area for us and made things more public, something i've said we should do for a while.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby ronpepper » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:03 am

@Renara: I'm glad you're excited about my work, thank you. If it's true. The rest of your attitude about my work seems to contradict that. Sorry I didn't PM you. You have to understand that since I got here, you had been missing for a while.

You have done so much for this project in terms of hosting this great site. Kudos, really. You have put up with a lot of unpleasantness as the months drag on with no final game to show for it. But I have some big problems with your attitude, as you will see below.

My Story:
I saw the games on funny-games.biz, they only started appearing there recently. The games led me here. And, I saw a lot of content in the creative corner, and that made me think surely, a new game is right around the corner. I kept reading. I found that things had been going on for a lot longer than I had realized, but nothing was coming together. Help was needed! I decided to try to participate. I asked, hey what do you need. Trunks said backgrounds. So, my work began. Before long, Trunks and Ebonizza began to really work with me.

Now this drama about me not posting in the Developer's corner or sending PM's to absent team members. Give me a break, are you saying we not use my backgrounds because I didn't post in a thread I can't see? What an insult! In effect, Renara, you are suggesting that I quit, in your flippant, callous way. Not cool. Not good for getting LoK 2.0 released.

@The Team: It's true, I haven't reached out to all the team members and tried to get their feedback. No, and I can't even name you all. (yes, I've read the list, but some of them just don't register). That's not an excuse though. In a sense, that might be a good reasons to refrain from making me a team member, I guess. Whatever suits you, make your own bylaws if you need to.

But the team should try to gain from the labors of people in the CC, not dismiss them. I have been working to contribute to LoK 2.0. It's right there in my thread, entitled "LoK 2.0 Background Scenery." Duh.

I do backgrounds. They are boring and tedious. I don't do it for fun, I do it for the satisfaction of contributing to this game and making the game come to fruition. Without this motivation, I don't see any point in continuing. Work with me here.
ronpepper

Postby Blaze » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 am

All sides of the argument are noted; there is one major problem this isn't helping! A competition on who can yell the loudest won't solve anything. Trunks I know exactly where your coming from i've been waiting a year for some progress. I also know where your coming from Ren I have experience in programing and project management. The stress can be overwhelming, it can quite easily kill all motorvation.

We can point the finger at people all fucking day but it won't improve the situation, it'll make it worse. No-one has had a perfect run, everyone could improve on what they have done. Instead of bitching on what could of been, constrate on getting the stuff done. Big businesses aren't succesful because everyone gets on but because people realise they need to put up with each other for the greater good.

If you keep telling each other to go fuck themselves, this project is going to die shortly. I have seen to many good projects go up in flames, one of them quite literally. I refuse to watch this one die as well so pull your heads out of your asses, shake hands even if there is a great canyon sized hole between you. Because this project is only going to survive with all of you, whether you want to belive it or not.
Blaze

Postby Haldor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 am

Blaze Wrote:All sides of the argument are noted; there is one major problem this isn't helping! A competition on who can yell the loudest won't solve anything. Trunks I know exactly where your coming from i've been waiting a year for some progress. I also know where your coming from Ren I have experience in programing and project management. The stress can be overwhelming, it can quite easily kill all motorvation.

We can point the finger at people all fucking day but it won't improve the situation, it'll make it worse. No-one has had a perfect run, everyone could improve on what they have done. Instead of bitching on what could of been, constrate on getting the stuff done. Big businesses aren't succesful because everyone gets on but because people realise they need to put up with each other for the greater good.

If you keep telling each other to go fuck themselves, this project is going to die shortly. I have seen to many good projects go up in flames, one of them quite literally. I refuse to watch this one die as well so pull your heads out of your asses, shake hands even if there is a great canyon sized hole between you. Because this project is only going to survive with all of you, whether you want to belive it or not.

This.
"We could just... run away?"
Haldor

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 am

I'm more than willing to work with Ren still Blaze, and i'm willing to make compromises. But Ren is going to have to be willing to do the same, no one is always right. And it'd be a fools move to be given backgrounds and not use them unless we already had better backgrounds (we don't.) It also doesn't help that so far yesterday and today, Ren has only hoped online once to check. We're not going to make much progress in discussions at that rate.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Renara » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:56 pm

ronpepper Wrote:are you saying we not use my backgrounds because I didn't post in a thread I can't see? What an insult!

I'm sorry, my point wasn't directed at you, of course I know you couldn't possibly have posted in the team forums. My point was that no-one did, no discussion about your inclusion, no attempts to contact me besides possibly a couple of IM's I didn't get; nothing more useful like an e-mail or a private-message (which triggers an e-mail to me). You personally have done more than enough just by posting your work on the Creative Corner, while Ebonizza and trunks seemed more than happy to assume I'd left for good and try to replace me, if anything that's what annoys me the most.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Lord Panzi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Renara Wrote:
ronpepper Wrote:are you saying we not use my backgrounds because I didn't post in a thread I can't see? What an insult!

I'm sorry, my point wasn't directed at you, of course I know you couldn't possibly have posted in the team forums. My point was that no-one did, no discussion about your inclusion, no attempts to contact me besides possibly a couple of IM's I didn't get; nothing more useful like an e-mail or a private-message (which triggers an e-mail to me). You personally have done more than enough just by posting your work on the Creative Corner, while Ebonizza and trunks seemed more than happy to assume I'd left for good and try to replace me, if anything that's what annoys me the most.

*hug*
i could fuck her all night, not a regular night, one of those north pole six month nights
Lord Panzi

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Renara Wrote:

Oh fucking spare me. First off, you stopped showing up on AIM, so reaching you there was impossible. Second how were we suppose to know you'd be notified you'd get an e-mail if we sent you a message on the forums? you can disable that, or some of my PMs i don't get notices on because they get sent to my spam folder by accident. Third, how were we suppose to know you still cared about the project when you didn't even tell us you needed a break. Next time you want to take a month off, tell us 'I need a break, note me if anything important comes up' instead of just vanishing.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

PreviousNext

Return to Area 52