Malicia: Dark Heroine!

Re: Malicia: Dark Heroine!

Postby demoneater » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm

Excellent so far especially for a first start! Some suggestions: Maybe add a healing scroll and have the enemy monsters drop scrolls randomly if you choose to deathblow that way if you make a wrong turn or are trying to build up a party member who is getting nothing but her elemental weakness they don't have to keep soul draining just to heal. Other that it works great and the system is easy to use. Can't wait to see where you go with this. Oh and not a suggestion but a request for down the road. Any chase you could add some male party members? In any case keep up the good work!
demoneater
Newly Registered

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 pm

this shit is really cool
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:48 pm

demoneater Wrote:Excellent so far especially for a first start! Some suggestions: Maybe add a healing scroll and have the enemy monsters drop scrolls randomly if you choose to deathblow that way if you make a wrong turn or are trying to build up a party member who is getting nothing but her elemental weakness they don't have to keep soul draining just to heal. Other that it works great and the system is easy to use. Can't wait to see where you go with this. Oh and not a suggestion but a request for down the road. Any chase you could add some male party members? In any case keep up the good work!

I am thinking about doing a 75/25 split instead of 100/0 on the deathblow/souldrain option. That way you always get either a lot of experience and a little health/money or a lot of health/money and a little experience. Dunno. I think the all or nothing that is set up now might be a bit harsh.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby demoneater » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 am

Gorepete Wrote:
demoneater Wrote:Excellent so far especially for a first start! Some suggestions: Maybe add a healing scroll and have the enemy monsters drop scrolls randomly if you choose to deathblow that way if you make a wrong turn or are trying to build up a party member who is getting nothing but her elemental weakness they don't have to keep soul draining just to heal. Other that it works great and the system is easy to use. Can't wait to see where you go with this. Oh and not a suggestion but a request for down the road. Any chase you could add some male party members? In any case keep up the good work!

I am thinking about doing a 75/25 split instead of 100/0 on the deathblow/souldrain option. That way you always get either a lot of experience and a little health/money or a lot of health/money and a little experience. Dunno. I think the all or nothing that is set up now might be a bit harsh.

Wow that is way better idea than what I suggested! Yeah i think a split would work well as far as balancing things go. but if you don't want to don't worry is not all that Harsh (Didn't have me swearing at the computer the way your spirit mask boss did) LOL
demoneater
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:51 am

Gorepete Wrote:I am thinking about doing a 75/25 split instead of 100/0 on the deathblow/souldrain option. That way you always get either a lot of experience and a little health/money or a lot of health/money and a little experience.

Certainly works for me.
Lucky777

Postby Darthan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 am

Do you plan on making it possible to play as the demoness that you start out as, or do you only get to play as her till you possess the first girl?
Darthan

Postby BlueLight » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 am

Gorepete Wrote:
Lucky777 Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:Oh, that's pretty neat, actually. I'mma have to bear that in mind - though either an in-game explanation or a mention in the post would be quite helpful, for the finished product.

var mapArray1:Array = new Array(
01,99,01,99,01,99,99,99,V1,00,00,00,21,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,
);

oh god! manually loading a 2 dimensional array
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 am

It would be interesting if:

1. We have a way to escape from the battles (maybe she goes out without a clothing part or with fewer coins)
2. you use vectors graphics in the tiles and in the characters (so we can appreciate them walking in the nude).
3. zoom option ;) (2x, 3x and maybe 4x).

Your game is good so far, I like it! Make me remember of Zelda and Phantasy Star.
I plan to make a RPG game like this, using Mario universe.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby DeVriesBorn » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 am

So far I think you are doing an amazing job.

Bugs:
Cannot switch back to Demoness
Invite monsters change lvl from battlefield (when recruiting) to Brothel. Ex My wolf went from lvl 7 to lvl 2

Suggestions:
When switching characters, add an option to rearrange attacks
When possessing character zoom in, or have main become a futa and still zoom in
Alllow scrolls to transfer characters, and some expire after x amount of use
Have characters learn new magic based attacks from enemies, like with soul possession, while physical att from leveling
Make invite a % chance of working, with one factor depending on the respective element of both. Ex water char gets boost against a fire enemy
When you develop a horniness gauge, and I guessing you will, have it where the character becomes more disobedient as the bar fills (ignoring your commands and screwing instead), instead of the more traditional game over. It should work out because instead of dealing reg damage, it increase the enemies horniness gauge (until both are maxed then a game over), but until the enemies' bar is high enough they will be attacking you, increasing the likelihood of a game over, as you are struggling to attack them.
A caveat of the previous sugg. Add items to increase/decrease horniness, and have both be able to select any character on the field
East Wing should contain a treasure room
We should have treasures

Questions:
Does the ritual work? If so how do you do it?

Complaints
The paladin and other characters shouldn't have to walk all the way back home when you first get them the same way you came, there should be a exploit in the terrain that your new char can take adv of.(btw the characters should auto-switch when you first get them) Minor really, but it is annoying.

Love what you are doing with this game, and I love other games too. Thanks for your hard work and keep it up.
DeVriesBorn
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Good feedback all. thanks!
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby BlueLight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 am

So when i was playing my druid character got a negative value for her HP and i was able to continue fighting.
While with less than 0 health i was able to get in to some random fights and change location. I also think i was able to return to the home base.
I believe the creature that lowered my heath to less than 0 was a level 3 vine creature but i was fighting level 9 wolfs after wards.

I have some suggest how to fix this but i assume you know why this is happening already or you could fix the problem faster than me giving you some java code to decode
BlueLight

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 am

BlueLight Wrote:So when i was playing my druid character got a negative value for her HP and i was able to continue fighting.
While with less than 0 health i was able to get in to some random fights and change location. I also think i was able to return to the home base.
I believe the creature that lowered my heath to less than 0 was a level 3 vine creature but i was fighting level 9 wolfs after wards.

I have some suggest how to fix this but i assume you know why this is happening already or you could fix the problem faster than me giving you some java code to decode

In the OP is the statement "You can't die, so don't worry".
Zeus Kabob

Postby BlueLight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:17 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:So when i was playing my druid character got a negative value for her HP and i was able to continue fighting.

OP? and that's why i said "I have some suggest how to fix this but i assume you know why this is happening already" since it didn't feel like a bug in the normal sense.
Besides, gore has shown that he has the ability to make a working death system. Better than anything i've publicly released.
BlueLight

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 am

BlueLight Wrote:
Zeus Kabob Wrote:

OP? and that's why i said "I have some suggest how to fix this but i assume you know why this is happening already" since it didn't feel like a bug in the normal sense.
Besides, gore has shown that he has the ability to make a working death system. Better than anything i've publicly released.

Ah, I hear you. I was meaning OP as "Original Post".
Zeus Kabob

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 am

Really excited about this. The quality of what you already have in is pretty excellent, and I really love the whole "recruitment" concept and that you're attempting to make game-play encourage switching between the girls.

I didn't play for very much. My only criticism so far is that I'm really not a fan of the weapon attack animations, though I realize these might just be placeholders.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby FlashOfSonic » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:34 am

So what's the story here? From the "Dark Heroine" in the title I'm guessing maybe you're using dark powers to achieve some heroic end, in a "Dark Is Not Evil" sort of way?
FlashOfSonic

Postby 13Lack12ose » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 am

Ya, the main attack animations for stuff like "Slash" seem really really savage. I mean you're stabbing the thing with a staff about ten times in the space of a second. I'm REALLY hoping that these are placeholders, or at least that you'll make them scarce. Just my two cents.
Hodor
13Lack12ose

Postby BlueLight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:32 am

I understand your going for a more traditional RPG like game; however here's a idea for your combat system. What if you had a kinda distances system involved with your fight. You basically have two states each: on the right side or left side of the screen. Basically if you were to attack you'd do the same thing you do now but you'd stay at that side of the screen. you could return to your orginal state next turn if you so wished.
Now the advantage of being at your enemy side of the screen would be something like able to do a second melee attack for -75% damage & fraction values are rounded down to the nearest integer. We wouldn't want something to over powered. the attacker and the defender would both get this same advantage as a base but the attack (the one who is away from their starting position) might get extra debuffs; for instants if the battle ground is rocky, then uneven footing lowers his melee hit chance by 10% but defender might get a +10% to defense because they hunkered down.

Just a odd idea i'm more telling you because i had it while thinking about your game and i wanted to figure out where my mind was going. I think if you were to implement it (Oh god the annoyance i would have programming this!) i would think it out a bit more than i did and most diffidently figure if it would be fun in the remotest sense..... I like bossing gore around.
BlueLight

Postby Thaedael » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 am

If you do that, just go with final fantasy system. Move forward as an option, double melee damage but double damage received. Move back, halves melee damage, increases mana damage.
Thaedael

Postby Red.Sheer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:44 am

Although I was a bit skeptical at first (looked like one of those rpg maker games XD) I liked it later. I mean I'm not all into that demonic possesion thing, but if the game lets my druid or hunter be rutted by furred and hooved animals I'm all in XD

Gameplay wise you should maybe include a run away/fuck into oblivion function for low level monsters once you clearly outclass them. heading back to your lair and having to fight lvl 2 mobs gets a bit tedious.

Other than that nice concept ^^
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop