Hero_4.swf [ 428.76 KiB | Viewed 7486 times ]

3/25
-Just toying around with a new idea
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Re: Malicia: Dark Heroine!

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Do you plan on keeping the current graphics as is? I noticed the female you start with is actually the Esper form of Terra from Final Fantasy VI. And most of the graphics are based off The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. Which look different than usual, especially the thick outline on the bushes.

I found having to use 'E' to select everything a little irritating, but that is just personal preference. I would like to see the ability to press 'right' (or 'D' in this case) on Shop screens and such to go to 'Back' right away.

Also, I do not know if this is intentional, but at some point I had 11/17 health with the druid, but when I drained the soul it said I recovered 4, but got full health anyway.

Not bad for an Alpha set-up.
QuizmasterBos

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm

The tile graphics were quick screen grabs to get stuff working, they will most likely be swapped out at some later date~
The health thing is a display bug, you got 8 health back (which was correct amount) but it only showed 4
Custom keys will come later~
GoRepeat

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm

=))) I like how how girls are joining your party :lol:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 pm

New GP game

GET HYPE

Gorepete Wrote:Sex hasn't been added

epyh teg

Still gonna check it out though.

First thought: "What's the run button?"
Second thought: "... Light and darkness in the same elemental wheel as fire and wind? ... Hahaha, lolwut?"
Third thought : "The shop text in this game is hilarious and awesome, though I'm pretty sure the expression isn't 'handle-dandy' "
Fourth thought: "Where's the escape from battle option"
Fifth thought : "Yeah dem random battles are going to get old fast. Or rather, they already have. ... Years ago."
Sixth thought : "I gotta see if I get exp for inviting monsters back to the brothel or something." (Never actually got that far in the game though, see seventh thought.)
Seventh thought : "Nooooope. Not even getting to the end of this demo. Soulz to reduce tedium of walking, soulz to reduce tedium of monsters, no payoff in particular... GG"

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Oh, right: and you can't even reduce both the tedium of walking and the tedium of random monster battles BOTH AT ONCE. Gotta choose. Hahaha, that's almost funny.

Interesting idea, though.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:27 am, edited 9 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby Destrocto » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Tested it, There is no game over, you can go into the negatives and still fight, the blue monk does not go to the base after possession, do not know if bug or not yet implemented.

- The drain souls health gain function displays half of what you really gain in health each time. so 5 equals 10 in reality,

I expect that you will implement a mana or something like that function into the game. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you would add sound to this newest game of yours. Or have someone from the community get the sounds and send them to you and you can easily implement them into the game. (would also like a cum addition to the possession function)

This has huge potential and I know you'll make it a great one.

Would love to know what exactly is implemented in this version so I can help test for other bugs.

Thanks for being a valuable part of this community.
Destrocto

Postby 13Lack12ose » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 am

My only real complaint is with the monsters and how (as lucky777 said) tedious it is to fight through every single one then walk all the way back. Maybe you could implement a home base tp system?

Also, are you going to add sex scenes for the random encounters? Methinks you are as you picked a tentacle monster, a minotaur and a wolf, all quite capable of raping or being raped by women. Good luck on this, will be keeping my eye on it.
Hodor
13Lack12ose

Postby Ragarnoy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 am

13Lack12ose Wrote:My only real complaint is with the monsters and how (as lucky777 said) tedious it is to fight through every single one then walk all the way back. Maybe you could implement a home base tp system?

Also, are you going to add sex scenes for the random encounters? Methinks you are as you picked a tentacle monster, a minotaur and a wolf, all quite capable of raping or being raped by women. Good luck on this, will be keeping my eye on it.

This^

Also is the repulsive scroll actually repulsing anything ? You should put less monsters but longer fights.
Ragarnoy
Newly Registered

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:48 am

I was going to ask having a harpy girl that can just fly XD. Then when you aren't grinding your characters high level switch to her and fly away <3
Thaedael

Postby Elerneron » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 am

Very interesting. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this.
Elerneron

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 am

Couple of things.

1: save feature doesn't work yet (not a problem so far)

2: It takes a long time for the combat menu to scroll out and in. An option to speed this up or make it instant would make battles much faster, reducing the feel of grind.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Kurushimi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 am

O_O

Looks good so far, but in these early stages I can't really say for sure how it's going to be.
Kurushimi

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 am

U should call it the shank instead of the slash :D
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:First thought: "What's the run button?"
Second thought: "... Light and darkness in the same elemental wheel as fire and wind? ... Hahaha, lolwut?"
Third thought : "The shop text in this game is hilarious and awesome, though I'm pretty sure the expression isn't 'handle-dandy' "
Fourth thought: "Where's the escape from battle option"
Fifth thought : "Yeah dem random battles are going to get old fast. Or rather, they already have. ... Years ago."
Sixth thought : "I gotta see if I get exp for inviting monsters back to the brothel or something." (Never actually got that far in the game though, see seventh thought.)
Seventh thought : "Nooooope. Not even getting to the end of this demo. Soulz to reduce tedium of walking, soulz to reduce tedium of monsters, no payoff in particular... GG"

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Oh, right: and you can't even reduce both the tedium of walking and the tedium of random monster battles BOTH AT ONCE. Gotta choose. Hahaha, that's almost funny.

Interesting idea, though.

Good feedback sir
1) Speed scroll in the shop or hunter ability - although I might add a midspeed run item or something that nets the two
2) Yeah originally I had them seperate where they were > all and < to each other, but then there really wouldn't be any incentive to play the other elements
3) will fix thanks :)
4) There is none! Yet! I will probably add a run option
5) eventually the road will extend to most areas... right now monsters will only attack you on the ground/grass section; the road will let you avoid battles to move around
6) the monsters IN your brother gain exp for each one of the same kind you kill; and later the brothel succubus will let your brother girls leech xp from your play character
7) haha yeah you have to remember its a beta so it doesn't play smoothly... looking for more mechanical feedback more than anything. The idea is that, for example, if you want to grind out some souls you will activate Pecunia's bonus and get out the hunter for runspeed, using a different combo. I want all the girls to have reasons to play them instead of just staying with one. Right now I think it feels a little forced though

Couple other notes based on what people said:
The "East Wing" will have a teleport system so you can move between areas easier
I'll try to get some sex in the next update for you
All the girls except for the Druid are in the brothel by default for now, so you have to unlock it in the store before you can use them

Thanks for the feedback, all. I am terrible at determining fun gameplay because I like HARD ASS SHIT, so keep the criticism high.
GoRepeat

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 pm

Gorepete Wrote:5) eventually the road will extend to most areas... right now monsters will only attack you on the ground/grass section; the road will let you avoid battles to move around

Oh, that's pretty neat, actually. I'mma have to bear that in mind - though either an in-game explanation or a mention in the post would be quite helpful, for the finished product.

Gorepete Wrote:6) the monsters IN your brothel gain exp for each one of the same kind you kill; and later the brothel succubus will let your brothel girls leech xp from your play character

AH, I see.
Was hoping for a way to get exp without killin' anything, but ah well.
BLOOD FOR (Whichever one of them is the BLOOD GOD equivalent, maybe that last-boss-lookin' chick who embodies Wrath) I guess. XD

Gorepete Wrote:Good feedback sir

Thankye, I do my best to be clear, Sir/Ma'am/Sea Sponge : D
Lucky777

Postby Ragarnoy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Also you should not use WASD but the arrow keys also like i said maybe longer fights but less monsters.
Ragarnoy
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
Gorepete Wrote:Oh, that's pretty neat, actually. I'mma have to bear that in mind - though either an in-game explanation or a mention in the post would be quite helpful, for the finished product.

Yeah I actual made a function that generates the maps based on an array instead of actually drawing maps. For example, in the flash source, that first area with the druid is this:

var mapArray1:Array = new Array(
01,99,01,99,01,99,99,99,V1,00,00,00,21,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,
);

Where each number on the grid represents a different tile that the game loads. "00" are blank spaces that you can encounter an enemy on, and "99" are blank spaces where you can't. I could even add a third option for a different type of encounter if I want. 21/22/25/etc are all water tiles, "04" is a bridge, "01" a tree etc etc etc. You get it.

It is a fun new programming method I wanted to play with. Since this takes up like less than 1kb of space, I could literally make this world HUGE with like a 1000 different map areas. It is all generated algorithmically based on the array. The actual library of the flash file just has the little 35x35 graphic tiles that it associates with each number.

It is pretty fun. Ideally, I will make a "smart" map generator that will be able to build ITS OWN arrays and have like unlimited new instantly generated areas.
GoRepeat

Postby AnotherArrow » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Is it always going to be 1 vs 1 turn based rpg?
Having just one character out at a time seems... well... how do i put it... meh?
I'm just worried that at some point, I'll be fighting with one character, come across a monster that another character is perfect to fight against, but without a swap character in-combat or such, I'm just going to want to stick to one character that works for most, if not, all situations.

With party members it would be better to implement something like a 3 vs X system. And if there are going to be six members in your party, you could swap one of them out at a time for another character during combat... just a thought. Just imagine the possibilities with three hot chicks on the battlefield! ;)

Please consider losing the random battles. God, how I hate them so. Just make an enemy sprite that patrols / defends an area and attacks you if you enter its range. You can even have enemies hiding in the bushes that will ambush you.

Maybe you could borrow some of the combat/game mechanics from this game and modify them to match your style. :D
AnotherArrow

Postby moonblack » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:14 pm

Question: When the Druid drains a defeated opponent she gains double health (if the text says she gained 5 she gains 10). Is that intentional (some bonus of the druid)?

One small complaint too: In battle the commands cover up the text, so if you fail to read the text before bringing up the command menu you won't be able to read the text at all.
moonblack

Postby deadlonexus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 pm

Need a keymapper or set another mapping like arrows (have a think about azerty keyboards! :'( )
deadlonexus
Newly Registered

Next

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop