Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Any ETA on an update?
Kuragari

Postby zephyros » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Yo, this game is tough! I really enjoy the way everything has been laid out and I can't imagine how much time and effort went into this. I saw a few posts back that someone mentioned he working solo.Its unbelievable. Even though I haven't finished through this just yet, I can't wait until the update comes!
zephyros

Postby xxumberxx » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:28 am

I'm hoping for an update soon as well. It's been awhile. The project is still active, I hope?
xxumberxx

Postby Zaiaku666 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Unfortunately, it is unknown whether or not KITAmaru has a blogspot that has update information. Popular theory, and only a theory mind you, is that he doesn't and can only be contacted through contacts provided in the games wiki site. If this theory holds water, then it is speculated that he does so to avoid constant messages about the games updates. Whilst I have no idea how the critical process goes, I can assure you that game making is a stressful process. Even mainstream, that is to say the games we pay for, are planned years in advance and sequels' scripts are written as soon as the preceding game has been fully developed and ready for release, and don't start creating the game until they see whether or not sales are good.
Zaiaku666

Postby Raindrops » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 am

No update yet? Well, just wait. As a fellow game developer, I can say it takes quite some time just to make one scene. Hope this game get more updates soon! :D
My hentai game's thread: http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=2355
Blog of my Hentai game "Emmerzail": http://emmerzail.blogspot.com/

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/raindrops?ty=h
Raindrops

Postby Rakarth » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Needless to say even I have a patience limit for things like these, and for how long it has been since the last release I'm about ready to give up on this, and just hope for the best from Harem.
Rakarth

Postby Wonderful Hawk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Okay you do that bye now.
Wonderful Hawk

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:34 am

Geez, I come back and it's doomsday prophecies everywhere!
Yeah, been a bit busy with other things. >_>;

Anyway, progress report. Finally got around to working on it the past two weeks, and I have... 7 scenes completed, 6 of those personalized. Still have to do about 3 more from scratch. And then I have to work on event-making, so I'd give it another few weeks at the least before TESTERS even get their versions in via PM. Thing is, the last H-scene I am personalizing is... pretty damn long, so whenever I look at it, it's like HNNNNNNGH... but I'll get there. I figure one girl a day and it should be done within a week.

While I appreciate your support, I don't recommend constantly checking up on the thread if finding no results is going to disappoint you in such a fashion. Thanks for those who have waited patiently and all that, but quite frankly, the best way is just to put it out of your mind until your receive a PM from me. It's admittedly a little strange to see how worked up some people get over things like this, but like I said from the start, for me, the only real obligation I have here is towards myself. I take requests mainly as a way to explore whether or not I can competently cover certain fetishes writing-wise, for the most part. I don't remember who it was that said something about blah dead, and I don't necessarily blame you for assuming such after how many months, but I will politely say that *YOU* don't declare when the project is officially dead, *I* do. If I just get absolutely sick of this game, I'll just give you guys one post that says only 'Dead' or something. But hey, I'm not--I admittedly got drawn into a few RPs that take place in the same world. Hopefully that results in better written smut scenes at some point thanks to practice, but we'll see.

Basically, what lok987 said on the last page. If there's anything I will apologize for, it's for not responding or checking up as often, but quite frankly, some of the comments are just... wow. Not even worth responding to. (Most are fine, though, and I do have to say thanks for those who understand).

For those who have been patiently waiting, thanks for playing and all that. You'll see a 0.10 soon enough.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 am

Sweet.
Lucky777

Postby ker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:54 am

Good to see that you're still with it KIT. I'd offer to help, but 0.6b is getting approaching test phases as well and it's a few weeks of hard coding for me before that can begin.

Don't worry too much about the 'OMFG where is it posts'. Just part of doing free development games, people want to see the next version but assume that 'Any chance we could get an status update?' has any less chance of getting a response than a temper tantrum. So the tantrums come. Just ignore them!

Although one thing that I've found to be tremendously useful it keeping that clutter down is to use a blog. Even if it doesn't have much content people still know where to go.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby phoenyxz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:19 am

go to see something to high the hope of the fans i admit i was getting a bti of my faith going low, but it was still there :mrgreen:
phoenyxz

Postby BlueBody » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 am

/cheers

Oh thank goodness, there's still life. I was never one to go around saying it's "DEAD OMGOMGOMG" but I was slightly concerned at the very least. Glad to hear you taking a solid stance toward the naysayers
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby Six » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Nice to get a progress report again.
By now people should have either given up or learn't to wait so take your time.
Six

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 pm

I think the main thing that was bothering some people was a seeming lack of any sort of word from you. Personally, if I was trying to make such a game, I would at least attempt a weekly or twice monthly report of progress. I was doing that for my fanfics for a while before I hit a wall in my willingness to write anything.

Not that Kita has to post in here once a week or anything, its just nice to at least seemingly occassionally hear from the person making the game :)
Kuragari

Postby lhklan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Good to hear that KITA.
lhklan
Newly Registered

Postby Raio10 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:35 pm

awesome news now just got to wait a bit longer for the next version.
Raio10

Postby Wonderful Hawk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

So I'm apparently not as good at expressing pleasure (with progress report) as I am at expressing annoyance (with certain types what been posting during the hiatus), so I'll sum it up like so:

Yay!
Wonderful Hawk

Postby Raindrops » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 am

Yaaay! I'm glad that this project is going to continue soon. :D
My hentai game's thread: http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=2355
Blog of my Hentai game "Emmerzail": http://emmerzail.blogspot.com/

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/raindrops?ty=h
Raindrops

Postby ShadowFax » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:01 am

ohhh... Nice to see this is back on track :) I'd thought It was done :P
ShadowFax

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Haaah, no, not with the amount of breaks I took. On the bright side, I am getting done with personalization for existing scenes tonight. Then, gotta write like two more and do it for those.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner