The NEW Plan

Home of the Area 52 project.

The NEW Plan

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Because things have changed so much I feel I should give a new outline of expectations, if anyone has any concerns, feel free to voice them, here's what I see happening.

Story-this isn't really changing, and most of this will still have to remain under wraps, even with other game companies give demos they don't give away everything about the story. I'll go ahead and tell you all this much for a quick plot summery. Fox and Krystal visit Sauria on a vacation, wanting to visit prince tricky and the earthwalkers again, meet up with old friends, check and see how everyone's doing, that sort of thing. on their way to land they are ambused by the sharpclaw, but not because the sharpclaw want revenge but because they seem to be lust driven now. You all know what happens, fox crash lands elsewhere, Krystal is captured and brought to the sharpclaw village where she starts off with the status of slave, Scales is the only one she can talk to to bargain with. Turns out even Scales himself is concerned with the growing libido of his men and women, something is happening that is effecting Sauria, maybe even other worlds, in exchange for working for him and doing what he says, Scales will let krystal explore Sauria (and eventually other worlds too) to get to the bottom of this increase in everyone's lust. Scales isn't immune to the lust though, so he'll be giving krystal a few personal requests as well to do along side her main mission.

So in short krystal has to A. find fox B. fix one of the arwings, C. do whatever Scales says and D. find the cause of the world's problems.

Programming/gameplay- it looks like 3-y is stepping up to bat to take over programing since we literally have dick all to work with. I no nothing of programming but I bet 3y would take any help he could get. I also have no idea if we even need to use action script 3 or if action script 2 would suffice, these are questions best answered by programmers. Gameplay will be much like what we currently have, you fuck, you gain exp, you advance the story. Me and ebonizza agreed to scrap any need for stamina and are going with a more forward metrovania style of gameplay, getting items or abilities to advance the plot. Leveling up will be similar to Paper mario, you get 100 points or so, you level up, the enemies will start off giving so much exp based on who the enemy is, and what the sex position is, but as you level up more and more you get less exp for it, so you have to use new enemies/positions for more effective grinding (if you choose to level grind, it shouldn't be required at any point). Only advancing based on having the right sexual techniques/knowing the right positions would be a bit boring though, so we want to have some puzzle solving as well, nothing too hard, simple stuff, usually using the right things from you inventory or hitting the right hidden switches, maybe even having some sex scenes trigger the way to go (there's one example off the top of my head for that that'll be in game). I've talked ebonizza about a little of these, i know ptoon-t was all for the puzzles and not having real combat, ebonizza likewise isn't too crazy for it, as for the rest of the stuff, well i'd like to see what they have to say, as well as what you all have to say.

art-being covered by a combination of ptoon-t, katsu, and ron pepper. ptoon-t i'm trying to talk into releasing his line art for his male models, instead of just throwing them out there like an asshole. katsu is handling mostly the female models right now, and ron pepper is doing backgrounds. 3-y and eggplants are still the main animators.

I think that covers most of everything, feedback is appreciated.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Re: The NEW Plan

Postby Darek » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Sounds good to me - Love the storyline, and the idea of going to multiple worlds means that the community could contribute an endless amount of 'worlds' to the project.
Ah, sex scenes to trigger the way to go - I just imagined Krystal having to go see an oracle who points the way by (after having sex) blasting his load on either a cave-painting out of a set of 3 cave-painting 'options' that represent a path; or more or less cumming on the correct path in front of him. Go the wrong path/s and you end up in a dead-end with monsters to play with.
Cum-trails work too. :D (like breadcrumbs in Fable 2) (i.e., there might be an area where you have to fuck the right enemies to get to the correct area or else the map will just loop like a magical barrier you see in some RPGs. Basically you fuck them, they come, their cum points to the next monster you need to fuck/etc/etc until you find the exit. Fuck the wrong monsters and they'll just point back to the beginning or something like that). kekeke

In any case, everything sounds great! (except the programming progress). :D
Glad everything is more or less sounding like it is back on track.
Last edited by Darek on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darek

Postby Reaver » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 pm

So u not only go on the main planet but others? Wow that sounds big! How long is the gameplay going to take to play estimated?
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:08 pm

those arn't actually bad ideas derek, i'll see about working stuff like that in, it won't be for every occurance, but it could be interesting to try and make a lot of the puzzles very sexual in nature to solve.

no idea how long the game is going to be, that'll depend in part on the community.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Reaver » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:12 pm

So are u the new Boss of LOK?
Last edited by Reaver on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Oriandu » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 am

There are plenty of flash games out there that have the ability to save, you should be able to figure something out without having too much trouble.

Glad to see you've got things organized, just remember to keep milestones. Having due dates for particular portions of the game will make things move a lot faster and a lot smoother. Be realistic, though, as you're not all working on this all of the time.
Oriandu

Postby joeyjoey61297 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:17 am

Not hard puzzles though easy ones and not every time you got to do something
joeyjoey61297

Postby ronpepper » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:50 am

Thanks Ebo. I'm excited to be a part of this, I've never done a collaboration like this or tried to create a project really that people were interested in, but I hope I'm able to serve my purpose towards finishing this game.
ronpepper

Postby Reaver » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:58 pm

is it me or does the font seem biger?
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Mr D » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:08 pm

So trunks, how about a "to-do-list" ? You know a list of things other members could contribute to the project. There might be some members that could help you with some improvements if they knew what to create or look for.

Something like this-
we need a model for a palm tree
winter type mountain for background
models of jungle flowers
and so on.
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm kinda doing that on a more personal basis with the guys that are more involved, most of them know already what needs to be done, a to do list won't really be needed till the end to cover last minute things.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Boomer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:37 am

i don't know which place to put this post since there are so many possible places to do so, so i will do it here. Kat, i appoligize when i said that we shouldn't use your models. MAN THEY ARE AWESOME! So to throw in my 2 cents (for what its worth) I think that this project has jumped an obstacle on its way to completion: the krystal model. I don't know about the sharpclaw models, but if you guys make those, you guys can finally start working on some animations, not that 3-y and eggplants haven't been doing anything, but since you can't make any animations with out models that would, i'm guessing, speed this up a bit.

Thanks to all you guys who are actually putting some good hard dedication in this project.
Sorry if i sound like an idiot in this like i usually do.
Dude what the fuck are you doing here? I have no idea what so ever so leave me alone and let me return to my pathetic loserness.
Boomer

Postby Anonymous » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:09 am

could you put this on xbox arcade
Anonymous

Postby LKS_Lurker_LKS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:21 am

paint-the-seconds Wrote:could you put this on xbox arcade

A Hentai game based on Nintendo characters on a Microsoft Console? LOL!
not to mention that it IS filled with CoD Fanboys... >.>
LKS_Lurker_LKS

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:57 am

LKS_Lurker_LKS Wrote:
paint-the-seconds Wrote:could you put this on xbox arcade

A Hentai game based on Nintendo characters on a Microsoft Console? LOL!
not to mention that it IS filled with CoD Fanboys... >.>

This.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby SamaelStorm » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:06 am

Trunks, I do believe I have fallen in love with you.
I've been lurking since v2 came out. I checked back like one or twice a week.
After I while I just stayed around for the whacky hijinks. And then suddenly shit starts working.
Smileyface.
Used to have an account on here, lost it due to me not remembering jack shit.

I've got some experience with Flash, just not much programming, which seems to be where most of the help is needed. Could do animations though I guess if you need it.
Ciao.
SamaelStorm
Newly Registered

Postby Ambush » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:52 am

Trunks, you posted something about Renara not wanting help with his job, so no one could do their part. Has this been talked about so the project can really start progressing?
Ambush
Newly Registered

Postby Thaedael » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 am

I hope I am not stepping over any lines with this, but would it be possible for you to pin this at the top of this section so more people see it (new members and lurkers) so that it is more easily accessible. If possible maybe put a blurb on the main page itself so people know to check here?

Also trunks, thanks for being transparent with us and letting us see the staff reform, and the direction you guys are planning to take this in the future. I do have some criticisms though, just to raise a few points up for debate within the new team you have.

I don't want to sound mean, for that is not my intention but for the plot, trying making it as modular as possible. If it at all possible make it so that each part can be made self-contained story wise. No offense, the track record for programming so far as has been on the slow side. This is not to jab at renara or the other programmers, but it is just easier to start small then add on as you get into the rhythm, that way any sweeping changes that need to be made in case of something falling through can be done easier. This also allows you to work on it in chapter form, though I understand the push for making one full project so that the experience is that much bigger instead of episode style game play. It was just something I wanted to bring up for debate so that your team can input more ideas.

As for the story, I only really played the original star-fox, and star-fox 64 so I don't really know much about the game. It sounds kinda OK to me, no real affinity, but as you said it is just a skeleton so I can reserve my judgment on that until I actually play the game.

Excited to see what 3-y comes up with, I am sure he will leave a mark either way. Kind of wary of what the puzzles and collections will be like since if done well it will leave the player with a wonderful affinity to the game, and a overall good experience, but if repetitive and counter-intuitive can make the player not enjoy it. Either way excited to hear what he will be planning in accordance to your puzzles.

Excited for the trio of artists mentioned, I like their artwork and hopefully they can establish a consistent style with eachother. A warm round of applause for Ron Pepper and KatsuO_O on making it onto the team. That is all I have for now and I look forward to what you guys will make together!
Thaedael

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks for the feed back. about keeping each update self contained as far as the storyline is conserned, i'm not sure how well i can do that, it sort of sounds like i'm doing what you're suggesting. like we can make it so each section at least ends on a cliff hanger note (this would be for the next release) and then the following releases we could have one or two worlds get resolved until the player beats the whole game.

I want to keep having to collect things kinda minimal, i don't want to make the player do like say 10 fetch quests of 10 pieces to build something for example. just like i don't want puzzles to become boring and predictable, no idea how well that'll actually work out though, it'll be a lot of experimenting, that's for sure. All i can say is sharpclaw village in terms of story and things/people to interact with will mostly remain the same, maybe add some extra scenes, but no puzzle solving in the village right now.

yeah RP and Kat are both hard workers and me and ebonizza are working with them a lot one on one in IMs to make the work process go faster.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Reaver » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:50 am

are u going to incorporate the clothes from the Topic additudes, page 2 with those spikes and sorta ripped shirt?
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Next

Return to Area 52