Pokemon: Gotta Fuck 'em All! (OOC/Planning)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Pokemon: Gotta Fuck 'em All! (OOC/Planning)

Postby MiscChaos » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 am

Updates:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

***1/19/13: Chaos throws a few new rules out there
***1/19/13: Chaos takes over the thread
------------------------------------------------------------
***1/12/13: Updated Starting Town In Character Application
***1/12/13: Updated The Reserve List
***1/12/13: Updated Battle Rules By Adding "Be Descriptive"
***1/12/13: Updated Character List
***1/5/13: Added Link To Character Backpack Thread.
***1/5/13: Updated The Character List.
***1/5/13: Added Reserved Character List.
***1/5/13: Updated New Questions For The Players.
***1/5/13: Added The Plot
***1/4/13: Added The Character Sheet (Had to take the spoiler tags out of the apps themselves because it caused issues. Hope nobody minds)
***1/4/13: Updated Starter Pokemon Rules. Two People May Have The Same Starter.
***1/4/13: Legends Moved To Discussions Settled.
***1/2/13: Updated the Playable Region to Hoenn.
***1/2/13: Updated the Map (Because I couldn't find one I liked, I used two that could be compared for more detail) and The Regional Pokemon List.
***1/2/13: Updated New Questions For The Players.
***1/2/13: Updated Battling Rules By Adding Realism.

Hello everyone!

MiscChaos has taken over the thread! For now anyways. I'm willing to give it back if Zeph so chooses to take it and everyone's fine with that, but for now... well, I guess I'm in charge! Thanks again Thae for that! I guess I'll make changes as I need to, so keep posted!

------------Game Description-------------

This will be a casual and laid-back game where players take the roles of Pokemon trainers just starting out on their adventure to train, breed, and conquer. After taking some suggestions into consideration, the game will be based in the Hoenn region; the setting of Pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (Not sure the season of the show, however.). Players are free to choose their starting town, but for Role-playing's sake, there should be at least two people starting out from the same town. That way they can interact with one-another be it travel companions or rivals. The players' goals consist of whatever they wish be it becoming Hoenn League Champion, maxing out their Pokedex, settling down and becoming a breeder, or anything in between. Intimate relationships between characters is encouraged, and if you're in to that kind of thing, Trainer/Pokemon relations are also allowed.

When a character is accepted, they should immediately create their Out Of Character Backpack, which is to be updated regularly with newly acquired items, Pokemon and such.

------------Plot------------

Teams Aqua and Magma are at it again. With their rivalry seemingly reaching new heights, both gang's activity have recently spiked in the last year. Although they are mostly responsible for stealing and hunting special Pokemon, recently, the gangs have been associated with an uprising of human trafficking: the selling of sex slaves throughout both the Hoenn region and other neighboring regions as well. If they defeat you in a battle, they will also attempt to capture you and your Pokemon, so watch out! You can either attempt to bring down the gang's reign of rapist, sex-slave terror, or steer clear away from them. Whatever you decide, the choice is yours.

------------Hoenn Region------------

------------Game Rules------------

Starter Pokemon:
To keep things from getting out of control, Players are only allowed one starter Pokemon, but they are allowed to choose others beside the standard Treecko, Torchic or Mudkip. So long as the Starter is a low-tier 1st evolution stage, it is allowed. Also, different characters may own the same starter, so if someone grabs a Pokemon you want, don't worry about it, you can still have one of your own as well.

Pokemon Levels:
For now, there are no levels or leveling up. Players start with basic Pokemon and through battling, love and care, will their Pokemon become stronger and learn new techniques.

Party Limitations:
Just like in the original series, a Trainer may only carry 6 Pokemon with them at any time. Any excess captures will immediately be beamed away to "Someone's PC"

Battling:
  • As all other combat-based RPGs, there is a strict no Auto-hitting, God-modding, or Power-Playing rule constantly in affect as well as a no-killing policy unless the act is a mutual agreement.
  • All standard Pokemon Battle Rules Apply: Battles will either be One-on-One or Two-on-Two. The battle is finished when the opponent runs out of battle-ready Pokemon. Items can be legally used during battle, but at the Trainer's own risk, for in this game, the Trainers can come under attack.
  • Realism is also very much encouraged. If you're thrown into an unofficial no-holds-bar battle, feel free to use every dirty underhanded trick you can think of, even if you've gotta have the trainers duke it out themselves while their Pokemon are also fighting!
  • Be Descriptive with combat. Instead of saying your Pichu used Bolt Tackle, describe the entire motion as Pichu charged itself up, then rushed forward combining speed with electricity, and then flung itself straight towards its opponent covered in a spiral of sparks. Something like that. Again, be descriptive, and try to avoid saying the attack hit, because you always want to give your opponent a chance to dodge. We've all Roleplayed before. Act like you know :)

Inactivity:
I will count you as inactive if I go 2 Posting Cycles (I plan to make a post every 3 to 4 days unless everyone posts before then) without any input from you. After that, you'll be thrown from the Active List into an Inactive List unless you let me know ahead of time that you'll be unable to post for a while. If you return before I go through 2 more Posting Cycles, then you'll start off having blacked out and will be recovering in the nearest PokeCenter. After that, you get thrown from the Inactive List to the Reserve List and someone on the Reserve List takes your spot.

The Ferry:
The Ferry, porting in Petalburg, Slateport, Lilycove, and Mossdeep, will take 1 Posting Cycle relative to your position to drop you off to your destination unless everyone on board has some reason to take longer (like a conversation or a Pokemon battle or something). Relative to your position means that if it's reasonably close (Like Dewpoint to either Petalburg or Slateport), then you'll make it in 1 Cycle. If it's a bit further (Like Dewpoint to Mossdeep), then it'll take 2. It'll also change based on everyone's destination. Say someone wants to be dropped off in Petalburg while someone else wants to depart from Slateport. Petalburg Trainer will get dropped off in 1 Cycle and Slateport person will get dropped off in either 2 Cycles or 1 real time day after the Petalburg trainer (Don't want ya waiting for too long!). It's luck of the coin if the ferry will be in your area when you want it, me simply flipping a penny (or rolling a dice and picking even or odds) to decide. If it isn't in your area, then it will be next Cycle. Yes, that makes the Ferry seem super fast, but I don't want to eat up a lot of your time on Ferry travel. You'll be putting in a lot of footwork as it is... If someone on board the Ferry is doing something while someone else isn't, the idle person will be dropped off at their destination and the active one will be dropped off when they're done.

------------Character Application------------

Name: Character Name
Appearance: What your character looks like. (A picture may suffice. Please Place in Spoiler if too big)
Personality: Your Character's Personality
Home Town: Your Character's Home Town. If they are not from the Hoenn Region, Please add their Starting Town within this region as well :) (Pallet Town/Littleroot Town)
Starter Pokemon: Your Starter Pokemon
Background: Your character's background.
Other: Any other tidbits you'd like to add

------------Questions For The Players------------

Backpack:
***Starting Items: So yeah, while making my character's backpack I realized I wasn't really putting much into it since Zeph is literally JUST starting and doesn't have anything, but it made me think about everyone else. Sure, it is the very beginning of your journey, but even still, some characters might want to have a few Pokeballs or potions on hand and just jump right into things, and it would also make sense as well for others to already have some equipment and Items rather than others, like Zeph, who doesn't know what in the world he's getting himself into. So I wanted to ask what you guys thought? Should everyone start out with a completely empty bag and gain items throughout the game, or should they be allowed a small amount of starter items like a few potions, a couple Pokeballs, ect...?

***PokeGear: Okay, now I was wondering if PokeGear like Escape Robe, Bikes, Fishing Rods, Cellphones and all that cool techie stuff should get its own section in the bag instead of mashing it all up with your potions, antidotes, X-attacks and whatever (Totally gonna download a rom and see how they did it in game). Just another question about organization. Yay or nay?

***Pokedex: I smacked myself in the face on this one for not seeing it sooner. Should a Pokedex be added to the Backpack so you can keep track of all the Pokemon you've scanned. I vote yes entirely, but if anyone else has anything they'd like to add to that, please let me know :)

***Move List: I want to say yes, but at the same time I am uncertain. My question is, should each player's Pokemon's move list be recorded? With realism in play, there are no, you can only use four moves, restrictions, so a strong Pikachu can use all moves learned at any time without having to "forget" any. Thing is, should we be required to list all of those moves for reference. Again, I want to say yes, but then comes deciding if it should have its own category in the backpack, how to structure it... all that fancy stuff plus, others will be able to look at your move list and start planning ahead on how to beat you. Unfair, yes, but just like playing a FPS with a friend, screen-watching is just bound to happen... So its up to you guys: record the skill list or try to keep it in mind as you play through. If you want to have a recorded list, but it be in secret, you could PM it to me and I can catalog them myself, but again, its up to you all :)

------------Settled Discussions------------

Character Tracker:
If this project takes off, I'm definitely going to want to have a Character Tracker that will double as the player's Backpack. This OOC thread will contain the character's Items, such as potions, TMs/HMs, as well as display their list of Pokemon both on and off hand.

I would like to know if there is any specific template you guys and gals think I should go with?

(Discussion Settled)

Yen:
Should there or should there not be a money system? Of course, money will be used to buy items and can be earned through battles, but should it be a strict, moderated thing, or should it be something the characters themselves decide how much they have, what they spend it on, and how to make more?

(Discussion Settled)

Gym Leaders:
Since now, everyone will just be starting out, there really won't be much need for them, but I definitely want to know what everyone thinks about this topic.
Should Gym Leaders be Controlled NPCs, Should Players be allowed to control them, or should it vary upon the situation? I like the idea of players controlling the gym leaders, but it seems like it could be a lonely experience just waiting for challengers. I'd love to here more thoughts on this.

(Discussion Settled)

Canons:
Should there be original characters from the story like Ash, Misty, and Brock, or should this be 100% original?
I think it'd be possible to mix and blend, but before I decide on anything definite, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

(Discussion Settled)

Legendaries: I'm iffy about this. Very iffy... but I want this to be a group decision. How should Legendaries be controlled?

***Captures: By default they'll all be NPC wilds, but should we allow captures of these Pokemon? Of course nobody is gonna come out of the box, throw a speed ball at Entei and expect I'd let them get away unsinged, but later on when a team is strong enough to take on a Legendary, should it be allowed that players be able to capture them?

***Population Limitations: Should there only be one of each Legendary, or multiples? Its understandable to want to limit it to one Mewtwo, one Deoxyx (even though he has a few variations), etc... but I don't see that logic holding true for all of them. For example, there is a near infinite number of Celebi due to its ability to time travel and I could imagine some legendaries being more than one, like the Dogs, the Birds, and the Dragons. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there. Who wouldn't want to own a Legendary, but we all know that with great power... Meh... I'm already a Pokenerd; don't need to make myself look any worse xD

(Discussion Settled)

***Plot:

(Discussion Settled)

Other

I think that about raps it all up. Any questions/comments/concerns please feel free to comment here or message me. I hope this is as successful as it sounds in my head.

------------Character List By Town------------

Active List

Littleroot Town:

Daughter of Hades

Name: Claire Jones
Appearance: 4'9, black hair with red highlights, red eyes, double d cup breasts, skinny. (God damn it. Image got deleted... Sorry. Will post an image when I find one. Or have someone find one.)
Personality: Nice, kind. (All that kind of shit.) Competitive.
Home Town: Littleroot Town
Starter Pokemon: Mudkip
Background: Claire wants to travel because she is sick and tired of her life at home. She wants to be adventurous. She lives for the exciting, fun, and joyful life. She decided to follow in her older brother and older sister's foot steps.
Other: Claire decided to choose Mudkip because she has always been fascinated with water pokemon, but she does not consider herself a water trainer. Her brother is 30, and her sister is 25. Her brother's first starter pokemon was a Bulbasaur, which has now evolved into a Venusaur, and her sister's first pokemon was a cyndaquil, which has now evolved into a typhlosion. Claire's brother's name is Samuel, or Sam/Sammy, and her sister's name is Katelin, or Katie.

dragonmaster121989

Name: Jackson
Appearance: Image
Personality: Jackson is very a energetic person that enjoys gaming, long hikes and spending time with his friends when he is not out finding some new cave to explore or turn into a club house.
Home Town: Little root town
Starter Pokemon: larvitar
Background:Jackson was born and raised in Saffron City. His father is a rich business man that owns one of the four largest companies in Saffron. after his mother died because of a freak accident they moved to little root town for a new start.His father treats him well but believes that if Jackson is given enough to get him started he will get everything he ever wanted on his own. Jacksons outlook on the world is there is adventure around every corner and he just wants to get out there and find it, and that is how he found his first Pokemon. while exploring a cave one day he came open an egg that looked to be left alone.
after taking the egg home and keeping it warm and clean the egg hatched into a larvitar after awile the two became friends, when Jackson told his father about his new pokemon friend his father suggested he go out into the world and become a pokemon trainer.

Kuragari

Name: Samantha (Sammy) Piley
Personality: Confident, Flirty, Bad Temper, Friendly
Home Town: No Home Town (family traveled alot)
Starter Pokemon: Houndour (male)
Background: Samantha was born on the road (not literally) as her family did a great deal of moving around. This was due to her parents occupations, a photographer for a big tourist agency and her father being traveling musician. Neither her mom or dad could stand being in one place for too long, and so from birth to adolescence Samantha was whisked from one place to another. She didn't mind though, as it allowed her to make friends wherever she went.
After her thirteenth birthday, she began expressing a desire to go off on an adventure on her own, like some of her friends were already beginning to do. Her parents, unlike some of their generation, weren't all that keen on letting a 13 year old out on their own. They did however promise her that when she turned 16, not only would they send her off with well wishes and pride, but they'd even get her her own pokemon.
Her sixteenth birthday is coming up, and they are making good on their word. Once they hit the next town, a small place called Littleroot, they'll throw her the best birthday/going away party ever, and her father's told her he has a special surprise for her. The only hint he's given her is a single Pokeball...
Other: Less of a character bit, but more of a player bit. Mon, Thur, Sat and Sun are nights I work, so posts on those nights might or might not be forth-coming.

Ayame

Name: Ayame
Personality: Ayame is a relatively outgoing girl and she always puts what she wants to do first. She is aware of her own goals in everything that she does and always aims to accomplish them. She's a bit of a slut and is overtly sexual without realizing it. She's also kind of lazy.
Home Town: Pallet Town.
Starter Pokemon: Pichu (Male)
Background: Ayame has lived in Littleroot for as long as she can remember. She's wanted to leave Littleroot even longer. It's small, lame, nothing happens and there's literally less then ten residents. She couldn't wait to start her journey to become a Pokemon master. When she was finally allowed to go she was given a Pichu, a few items and sent on her way.

Dewford Town:

Zender Solarheart

Name: Tsubaki Zanbo.
Appearance: (Will explain her animalistic traits in the Background section. Also, don't let the pic fool you; beneath that top is a pair of C-cups, though she won't show them to just anyone...)
Personality:
Tsubaki's generally in a very cheery, and perhaps even spunky mood most of the time, though she knows how to keep it toned down in more formal situations. When engaging her in a Pokemon battle, it's best to try and keep her from getting too riled up, as that's when she may go overboard, and do something like, say...riding on top of her main Flying type, paraphrasing super robot animes, as it Sky Attacks you into dust.

Tsubaki's lifetime goal, on a general level, is to travel the world seeking pure adventure. Specific things like Pokemon mastery, breeding, trading, etc, are all embarked on purely in pursuit of that primary goal. As a result, her ability to keep friends and companions generally equates to how well they can keep up with her travels; those who like to stay in one place for extensive periods of time will likely come off as "boring" to her.
Home Town: Dewford Town.
Starter Pokemon: Growlithe, with the nickname "Nobi." (Japanese for "wildfire")
Background:
Tsubaki was raised by foster parents, and while her real mother remains unknown, the anamalistic features mixed in with her anatomy makes clear that the father was a Pokemon. Which Pokemon that was also remains to be discovered, though Tsubaki herself believes it was an Arcanine. This half-blooded birthright grants her a higher chance of emotionally bonding with other Pokemon, and vice-versa, though it also makes her more likely to draw wild Pokemon attention.

Nobi was but a defenseless pup when she first found him; the Arcanine mother had birthed a litter too large for her to nurse unaided, and so, Tsubaki took Nobi under her own care, bottle-feeding him until he matured to the point he's at now. While at the same combative ability of the average starter, Nobi sees Tusbaki not just as his trainer, but also as a mother-figure, meaning that he won't hesitate to flame-broil those who threaten her. Likewise, Tsubaki's bonded with Nobi much like she would her own child, meaning she'd put herself in harm's way to defend him if needed. The two take the concept of trainer-Pokemon bonding to a new level, though not quite to the level her own mother obviously did.

Mauville City:

BerserkerHorn

Name: Lisa
Personality: trusting, cheerful, shy, optimistic, responsible
Home Town: Mauville
Starter Pokemon: DITTO
Background: She was raised like one of those normal dysfunctional families many people have nowadays. In which her parents are always working, the older sibling is always outside, and the younger sibling is always your responsibility. Well 5 days after she found her ditto she made up her mind to run away leaving a note that says.
“Dear mom, dad, older sister, and younger brother,
I’m leaving with ditto. I’m tired of all this responsibility you put on me. It’s time for me to spread my wings and fly. Goodbye…. I’ll come back one day. Hopefully.
From, Lisa"
She now works as a maid for some rich family
Other: Has a strong sexual hard drive (XD i make her sound like a robot)

Lavaridge Town:

Daxtinator396

Name:Steve Young

Personality: Fun loving, easy going and hard to make mad. Can be sarcastic at times but usually means it in good fun.

Hometown:Lavaridge Town
Starter Pokémon: Image

Background: Steve grew up in Lavaridge Town always around the many fire types that lived there, not to mention Flannery herself the gym leader who he admits he finds cute beyond belief, because of this he had decided he was going to be a fire type trained like her and be the best he could be! First he needed a Pokémon though and one faithful day he found one. A stray Vulpix wandering by his home that was hungry and he gave her some food and she just kept coming back.After awhile he decided to start calling her Dusky and eventually he decided to capture her and she pressed her little head right up against the pokeball. So his adventure began with his best pal Dusky.

Other: Steve plans to travel the whole region and do all that he can!

dndman997

Name: Duo Maxwell
Personality: good natured. always willing to help others assuming they arent in his way
Home Town: Blackthorn City/Lavaridge Town
Starter Pokemon: Growlithe [Granite]
Background: Duo grew up in Blackthorn City with the ambition of becoming part of the police force, but during the academy the higher ups saw him as too reckless. sure he willing to do what was necessary even if that causes collateral damage. sadden on a dark night he stumbled upon an injured growlithe and decided to take him for himself and heal him up. as the growlithe, who he later named granite, was at his home recovering he was at the local shop and heard of some trainers leaving a fire type pokemon alone and injured having used it as a sparring partner. Duo kept to himself then but vowed to find them once Granite was at full strength, Duo eventually did go after to look for them but still have not found them.

Other: Duo and Granite are inseparable they rarely leave eyesight of each other. Duo is usually very kind and caring till something bad happens around him then he will do anything to see it is fix

Lilycove City

Reapergod36

Name: Elixia Tampier
Appearance: Long black hair that reaches the back of her calves.She has a teal stripe down the right side of her bangs. Egyptian style eyeliner, with pale skin. Black skirt, that goes down to her knees and a bit farther. Long black stockings that go up to her thighs. Normally a competitive smile. Short black boots that are buckled up. She has striped purple and white sleeves on her arms. Looped on her middle fingers. She has teal eyes. Her legs are kinda thin and she herself is skinny. Finally she has a urban camo hoodie, a mix of black, gray, and a darker gray. Mid C size breasts.
Personality: Competitive, Outgoing
Home Town: Lilycove
Starter Pokemon: Ghastly (can evolve into haunter and gengar)
Background: Team Aqua has always bullied her town. Stealing pokemon and selling them back, only to steal them again. Terrible tragedy causes such rampent hatred from Elixia towards the team. Whatever it takes, she will drowned team aqua in the dark waters it finds so comfortable.
Other:

Reserve List

Mossdeep Town:

MiscChaos

Name: Remmi (Rem for short)

Appearance:Image

Personality: Happy-go-lucky is the best phrase to describe her. She takes things as they come and doesn’t get upset over much outside of the mistreatment of Pokemon. She’s also a bit spacy and awkward.

Home Town: Mossdeep City

Starter Pokemon: Ralts (Female)

Background:
Remmi’s family is a family of breeders, specializing in Psychic Pokemon with a side of Ghost added to it. Like her mother before her, Rem’s always wanted to roam the world, discovering as many Pokemon as possible and finding out unique ways to breed them to yield unique moves and abilities in the offspring. When she turned 14, she started working for her parents as a way to save up money for her eventual journey and learn more about the Pokemon they take care of. As a result she has an excellent knowledge base of Psychic Pokemon and an OK one of Ghosts, though not much else.

Since her family is slightly separated from the general population in order to have a farm big enough to raise Pokemon, she’s seen a lot more Pokemon than she has people. Because of this, she’s more comfortable around Pokemon, also seeing them as more human than people are, with the exceptions of her mom and dad. So she can be very awkward around people as she’d rather hold a conversation with a Pokemon than them.

Other: Her Ralts, Seraphim, is a Pokemon she herself bred using a Duskull as a father and a Kirlia as a mother. As a result, Seraphim was born knowing the move Shadow Strike in addition to the usual Growl.

Inactive List

Zephyros- Last in Littleroot

Name: Zephyros

Personality: Zephyros is a hot-headed young teen with a passion for adventure and fun. He likes traveling, sparring, and learning new things. Though he can sometimes come off as clueless and aloof, he is always ready to tackle new challenges and fight for what he believes in. He can be a very protective person, but isn't selfish in the bit. He doesn't get attached too easily since everyone in his life is usually just coming and going. he has a high amount of energy and is known to keep going on when others can't. When the fire is ablaze in this young man's heart, it'll take more than a simple water gun to put it out.

Starter Pokemon: Cubone

Background: Born and raised in Littleroot Town, Zephyros always felt suppressed. Forever he wanted to get out and explore the big, wide world, but too many things seemed to hold him back. His adoptive-mother, a low-class prostitute, refused to allow her son to leave her side as he was her only protection against those who wanted a little more than what they paid for. When he was a teenager, she forced him to become her "pimp" of sorts: He would collect the money from her Johns, throw them out when it was time for them to leave, and protect her from anybody who thought they could pull one over on the woman. Though Zephyros was faithful to his mother because she did take care of him, he still knew this was not the life he wanted to live. He was forced to watch many people come and go through the small town and this only added pressure to his angst until finally, at the age of 19, his step-mother found someone who see claimed to be 'more than just a casual lay'. With this new man in her life, she didn't really need Zephyros around as much and granted him permission to go out on his journey or whatever he always whined to her about. As a bit more incentive to get the young man out of the house, the 'more than a casual lay' gave the teen a Cubone he caught just recently but hadn't had the time nor drive to train. Though at first, the arrogant little Pokemon took a disliking to the fiery red-head, eventually it grew to accept the fact that at least this new master took time out of his day to put his skills to use. And so now Zephyros gathers his final affairs and prepares to leave home for good.

Other: Will Probably Add Some Theme Music For Him Later!

ToG- Last on Route 101

Name: Garian
Appearance: Short black hair, sky blue eyes, Red Vest over a black shirt.
Personality: Friendly.
Starter Pokemon: Charmander
Background: Garian grew up in the Kanto region, when he turned 10, he got his first pokemon, a Charmander, before heading out. But before he could, he was told that they were moving from the Kanto Region and to the Hoenn Region. Since then he lived in Littleroot, training his charmander now and then but mostly just lived with it and grew a big enough bond with his Charmander to the point of knowing what it was saying. After 10 years, he looked at the map of the region and finally found the resolve to carve himself a name whether it'd be in the form of a Gym Leader, a Master, or the Champion of the region, he would do whatever it takes for Hoenn to remember his name for years to come. And with that, he knew he was ready to set out on his quest for fame and glory.

13lack12ose- Last on the S.S. Tidal

Name: Sladen
Personality:Fun loving and cheerful, Sladen has not a care in the world. He respects authority and power, and always has good manners. The abuse of power however is abhorrent to him, and he will make it his quest to utterly destroy anyone who misuses their power. A silver tongued serpent around women, Sladen is popular in his home town, but chooses not to date anyone, looking for the right woman.
Home Town: Dewford Town
Starter Pokemon: Shuppet (Creed)
Background: Father left home when he was young, so he was left to be raised by his mother. His mother got together with a horrible man who paid for their food and housing, but beat her and forced himself upon her when he was drunk. Eventually, Sladen could no longer take it and beat the man within an inch of his life. So, to stay out of prison, Sladen is running away from home with his trusty Shuppet.

Icaelus- Last in Oldale Town

Name: Denieve Reinings
Personality: Denieve is generally a mild person, cheerful and friendly to people to know but usually shy with people she doesn't know too well.
Starter Pokemon: Treecko(Liz)
Background: Born in Littleroot Town, Denieve lived around Pokemon ever since she was a child, due to her mother and father being avid breeders of Pokemon, also entering the Pokemon they bred into the Contest Hall competitions. It was at the Verdanturf Contest Hall where she first came into contact with her currently much-loved hobby, photography. At the age of ten, she already had her own camera and frequently made the trip all the way from Littleroot to Verdanturf, via Mom's Flygon, of course. She soon grew discontent with simply photographing the Contest Hall contestants. She wanted to take pictures of her own Pokemon, too. She wanted to get out there like all the Trainers did, raising their own Pokemon and all that. Her parents were supportive, them having been Trainers at one point of their life too and sent her packing, but of course not before Deni had chosen her very first Pokemon from one of the breeding pens, a female Treecko that was the offspring of Dad's very own Sceptile. With Liz, her Treecko in tow and almost entirely no knowledge about the world before her, Deni set off on the grand adventure that was the life of all Pokemon Trainers!
Other: Deni still harbors her love for photography and tends to snap random shots of other Trainers' Pokemon! This has caused some slight misunderstanding sometimes. She carries along a scrapbook in which she dreams of filling with the pictures of all the Pokemon in the world, her very own personified Pokedex, if you will.

jayjaycaps- Last on Route 119

Name: Edward "Eddy" Price

Personality: Often described as "cold" or "calloused", Eddy just likes getting things done, no matter how they get done. He's not afraid to trample over friends and family to accomplish a goal, and prefers to not get emotionally attached to anyone other than his pokemon.

Home Town: Fortree City

Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur (Male)

Background: Bullied for a large portion of his younger years, Edward swore that one day he would become the best trainer and join the Elite Four, so know one would be able to bully him again. Due to his lack of friends, he spent most of his time out in the wilderness near his home town by himself, save for the wild pokemon there. There he discovered his love for nature and the many pokemon it shelters. As soon as he was old enough, he received his first pokemon: a Bulbasaur. He immediately set about training it to it's absolute best, beating all of his bullies in battles. During a particularly nasty battle, the other trainer decided to take matters into his own hands and beat Eddy with his fists and feet, instead of pokemon. Deciding that he didn't want to be a part of a crowd like that, Eddy began preparations to set off on his adventure, to travel the lands and someday return, the strongest trainer around.

Other: Eddy chooses to only use grass, bug and poison type pokemon. He hopes to one day become a member of the Elite Four.

Angel_Slayer_Alcatraz- Last on Route 120

Name: Kana
Personality: Shy
Home Town: Mossdeep City
Notes: Pokemorph
can talk while in Pokemon form, but usually doesnt
Background: Kana used to be a normal girl until team aqua/magma kidnapped her and began experiments and fused her with the DNA with that of an Eevee, she used her new found form to escape their captivivity, she has been running ever since
Last edited by MiscChaos on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 16 times in total.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Re: Pokemon: Gotta Fuck 'em All! (OOC/Planning)

Postby zephyros » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 am

Aww. With it being Kanto only, I don't get to see my favorite evolution line: Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir. And my selection of psychic pokemon are way low. Oh well, I'm still interested in this RP.

Character Tracker: I think that having it semi like the backpack in game would be best. Like separate people's items out from their TMs/HM from their pokeballs, etc., then listing their pokemon. So it'd look something like this

Chaos Inventory

Items
  • Potion x5
  • Revive
TM/HMs
Pokeballs
Pokemon
  • Abra
  • Weedle
Pokemon in PC

Yen: I personally like the idea of a money system and think that it should be a combination of both. You should moderate it to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, but if someone can come up with a get rich quick scheme and it seems to work to you, just kinda let it happen and decide just how successful they were.

Gym Leaders: Like you said, if there's not a challenger, there's really not much to do as a Gym Leader unless you want to do a "My Daily Life" type of thing or you constantly throw new NPC challengers at them while the PCs are roaming. I think if someone's willing to go through that, then let them, but otherwise, Gym Leaders should be NPC.

Canons: I don't think originals would have too much impact on the RP unless they went on to become Gym Leaders or part of the Elite Four or something so it's kinda up to you. While on the subject of canon, are we talking game canon where Ash is Red and Misty and Brock are Gym Leaders still or anime canon where they're all sorta wanderers?

Also, while you're well on your way there, I'd get those 10 posts in before you start trying to GM

Active List

Littleroot Town:

Zephyros

Name: Zephyros

Personality: Zephyros is a hot-headed young teen with a passion for adventure and fun. He likes traveling, sparring, and learning new things. Though he can sometimes come off as clueless and aloof, he is always ready to tackle new challenges and fight for what he believes in. He can be a very protective person, but isn't selfish in the bit. He doesn't get attached too easily since everyone in his life is usually just coming and going. he has a high amount of energy and is known to keep going on when others can't. When the fire is ablaze in this young man's heart, it'll take more than a simple water gun to put it out.

Starter Pokemon: Cubone

Background: Born and raised in Littleroot Town, Zephyros always felt suppressed. Forever he wanted to get out and explore the big, wide world, but too many things seemed to hold him back. His adoptive-mother, a low-class prostitute, refused to allow her son to leave her side as he was her only protection against those who wanted a little more than what they paid for. When he was a teenager, she forced him to become her "pimp" of sorts: He would collect the money from her Johns, throw them out when it was time for them to leave, and protect her from anybody who thought they could pull one over on the woman. Though Zephyros was faithful to his mother because she did take care of him, he still knew this was not the life he wanted to live. He was forced to watch many people come and go through the small town and this only added pressure to his angst until finally, at the age of 19, his step-mother found someone who see claimed to be 'more than just a casual lay'. With this new man in her life, she didn't really need Zephyros around as much and granted him permission to go out on his journey or whatever he always whined to her about. As a bit more incentive to get the young man out of the house, the 'more than a casual lay' gave the teen a Cubone he caught just recently but hadn't had the time nor drive to train. Though at first, the arrogant little Pokemon took a disliking to the fiery red-head, eventually it grew to accept the fact that at least this new master took time out of his day to put his skills to use. And so now Zephyros gathers his final affairs and prepares to leave home for good.

Other: Will Probably Add Some Theme Music For Him Later!

Daughter of Hades

Name: Claire Jones
Appearance: 4'9, black hair with red highlights, red eyes, double d cup breasts, skinny. (God damn it. Image got deleted... Sorry. Will post an image when I find one. Or have someone find one.)
Personality: Nice, kind. (All that kind of shit.) Competitive.
Starter Pokemon: Mudkip
Background: Claire wants to travel because she is sick and tired of her life at home. She wants to be adventurous. She lives for the exciting, fun, and joyful life. She decided to follow in her older brother and older sister's foot steps.
Other: Claire decided to choose Mudkip because she has always been fascinated with water pokemon, but she does not consider herself a water trainer. Her brother is 30, and her sister is 25. Her brother's first starter pokemon was a Bulbasaur, which has now evolved into a Venusaur, and her sister's first pokemon was a cyndaquil, which has now evolved into a typhlosion. Claire's brother's name is Samuel, or Sam/Sammy, and her sister's name is Katelin, or Katie.

That One Guy

Name: Garian
Appearance: Short black hair, sky blue eyes, Red Vest over a black shirt.
Personality: Friendly.
Starter Pokemon: Charmander
Background: Garian grew up in the Kanto region, when he turned 10, he got his first pokemon, a Charmander, before heading out. But before he could, he was told that they were moving from the Kanto Region and to the Hoenn Region. Since then he lived in Littleroot, training his charmander now and then but mostly just lived with it and grew a big enough bond with his Charmander to the point of knowing what it was saying. After 10 years, he looked at the map of the region and finally found the resolve to carve himself a name whether it'd be in the form of a Gym Leader, a Master, or the Champion of the region, he would do whatever it takes for Hoenn to remember his name for years to come. And with that, he knew he was ready to set out on his quest for fame and glory.

Icaelus

Name: Denieve Reinings
Personality: Denieve is generally a mild person, cheerful and friendly to people to know but usually shy with people she doesn't know too well.
Starter Pokemon: Treecko(Liz)
Background: Born in Littleroot Town, Denieve lived around Pokemon ever since she was a child, due to her mother and father being avid breeders of Pokemon, also entering the Pokemon they bred into the Contest Hall competitions. It was at the Verdanturf Contest Hall where she first came into contact with her currently much-loved hobby, photography. At the age of ten, she already had her own camera and frequently made the trip all the way from Littleroot to Verdanturf, via Mom's Flygon, of course. She soon grew discontent with simply photographing the Contest Hall contestants. She wanted to take pictures of her own Pokemon, too. She wanted to get out there like all the Trainers did, raising their own Pokemon and all that. Her parents were supportive, them having been Trainers at one point of their life too and sent her packing, but of course not before Deni had chosen her very first Pokemon from one of the breeding pens, a female Treecko that was the offspring of Dad's very own Sceptile. With Liz, her Treecko in tow and almost entirely no knowledge about the world before her, Deni set off on the grand adventure that was the life of all Pokemon Trainers!
Other: Deni still harbors her love for photography and tends to snap random shots of other Trainers' Pokemon! This has caused some slight misunderstanding sometimes. She carries along a scrapbook in which she dreams of filling with the pictures of all the Pokemon in the world, her very own personified Pokedex, if you will.

Dewford Town:

Zender Solarheart

Name: Tsubaki Zanbo.
Appearance: (Will explain her animalistic traits in the Background section. Also, don't let the pic fool you; beneath that top is a pair of C-cups, though she won't show them to just anyone...)
Personality:
Tsubaki's generally in a very cheery, and perhaps even spunky mood most of the time, though she knows how to keep it toned down in more formal situations. When engaging her in a Pokemon battle, it's best to try and keep her from getting too riled up, as that's when she may go overboard, and do something like, say...riding on top of her main Flying type, paraphrasing super robot animes, as it Sky Attacks you into dust.

Tsubaki's lifetime goal, on a general level, is to travel the world seeking pure adventure. Specific things like Pokemon mastery, breeding, trading, etc, are all embarked on purely in pursuit of that primary goal. As a result, her ability to keep friends and companions generally equates to how well they can keep up with her travels; those who like to stay in one place for extensive periods of time will likely come off as "boring" to her.
Home Town: Dewford Town.
Starter Pokemon: Growlithe, with the nickname "Nobi." (Japanese for "wildfire")
Background:
Tsubaki was raised by foster parents, and while her real mother remains unknown, the anamalistic features mixed in with her anatomy makes clear that the father was a Pokemon. Which Pokemon that was also remains to be discovered, though Tsubaki herself believes it was an Arcanine. This half-blooded birthright grants her a higher chance of emotionally bonding with other Pokemon, and vice-versa, though it also makes her more likely to draw wild Pokemon attention.

Nobi was but a defenseless pup when she first found him; the Arcanine mother had birthed a litter too large for her to nurse unaided, and so, Tsubaki took Nobi under her own care, bottle-feeding him until he matured to the point he's at now. While at the same combative ability of the average starter, Nobi sees Tusbaki not just as his trainer, but also as a mother-figure, meaning that he won't hesitate to flame-broil those who threaten her. Likewise, Tsubaki's bonded with Nobi much like she would her own child, meaning she'd put herself in harm's way to defend him if needed. The two take the concept of trainer-Pokemon bonding to a new level, though not quite to the level her own mother obviously did.

13lack12ose

Name: Sladen
Personality:Fun loving and cheerful, Sladen has not a care in the world. He respects authority and power, and always has good manners. The abuse of power however is abhorrent to him, and he will make it his quest to utterly destroy anyone who misuses their power. A silver tongued serpent around women, Sladen is popular in his home town, but chooses not to date anyone, looking for the right woman.
Starter Pokemon: Shuppet (Creed)
Background: Father left home when he was young, so he was left to be raised by his mother. His mother got together with a horrible man who paid for their food and housing, but beat her and forced himself upon her when he was drunk. Eventually, Sladen could no longer take it and beat the man within an inch of his life. So, to stay out of prison, Sladen is running away from home with his trusty Shuppet.

JMaru3

Name: Sagrell (Rell)

Personality: Sagrell has a laid back, aloof personality. He enjoys the simple things in the world and loves spending time with his pokemon.

Starter Pokemon: Wurmple (Leia)

Background: Sagrell had a mostly independent life. He has lived in Dewford for as long as he can remember and has worked for the local fisherman to earn his living. As he grew older Sagrell began to dream of adventure and exploration but he never acted on his impulses and set them aside. It wasn’t until he was out sailing alone when he saw the strangest sight. A piece of drift wood floating aimlessly in the sea and on it was a unconscious Wurmple. Sagrell took the Wurmple home with him and nursed it back to full health. He even named the Wurmple Leia upon the discovery of its gender. He and Leia have been inseparable since then. He would share all his fantasies of adventure and seeing the rest of the world. Leia always seemed delighted by these stories and it was thanks to her Sagrell decided he would eventually leave Dewford and take Leia with him.

Mauville City:

LosDiablos

Name: Ian

Personality:
Ian is a very charming and funny guy. He says what's is on his mind when it needs to be said and is not afraid to give his opinion on something. He’s a bit of a smart ass but that's just apart of his charm. Although he is quite popular with the group of friends he hangs with in his hometown he never really can say that any of them are his "true friends" thus his very first pokemon became just that. Developing a special relationship with his first pokemon, nothing can ever keep the two of them apart. He has had a very hard past but he trys to look to the future and move on from what has happened.

Home Town: Mauville City

Starter Pokemon: Aron

Background:
Ian was an orphan ever since he was at the age of 5 when his parents were killed in an unknown accident. He was given to the orphanage in the town he was born in which is a mystery. He ran away from the orphanage when he was 6 to Mauville City which became his home. He lived off the streets, stealing and getting into a lot of trouble being a petty theft. When he reached the age of 14 he began to hang out with the other younger teens in the city becoming quite popular with them although many people were afraid to hang out with him because of his background, no matter how interesting and funny the guy was. One day, when he was 16, he found a pokeball laying in the middle of the junk yard where he was living during the time. He knew about pokemon but he never really was interested in them until this very day. When he opened the pokeball out came Aron, a little cute, but hard shelled pokemon with no home, just like Ian. Soon Ian and Aron built a relationship becoming the best of friends. This made Ian become very interested in the world of pokemon and he had the dream of leaving Mauville city and fulfilling the dream of becoming a pokemon trainer. However, the same year when he found Aron and left his hometown he had his first pokemon battle against a trainer named Leon Sky. Ian had next to no experience really on how to use pokemon to fight and his very first battle ended in disaster. leon attacked Ian with his pokemon and that is how he got his scar on his left cheek. Ian hurt, and frankly, really pissed off, swore revenge and would one day kick leon's ass for what he did. Ian spent his recent years learning more about the world of pokemon and training Aron. Now his knowledge of the world of pokemon is great and his relationship with Aron is even greater. Ian, seeing how he knows everything he needs to, decides it's time to go back out and start his adventure.

Other: Although Ian has been with Aron for 5 years he has not really taught him any new moves. Aron is just going to be a started pokemon like everybody elses but Ian and Aron are already best of friends.

BerserkerHorn

Name: Lisa
Personality: trusting, cheerful, shy, optimistic, responsible
Home Town: Mauville
Starter Pokemon: DITTO
Background: She was raised like one of those normal dysfunctional families many people have nowadays. In which her parents are always working, the older sibling is always outside, and the younger sibling is always your responsibility. Well 5 days after she found her ditto she made up her mind to run away leaving a note that says.
“Dear mom, dad, older sister, and younger brother,
I’m leaving with ditto. I’m tired of all this responsibility you put on me. It’s time for me to spread my wings and fly. Goodbye…. I’ll come back one day. Hopefully.
From, Lisa"
She now works as a maid for some rich family
Other: Has a strong sexual hard drive (XD i make her sound like a robot)

Lavaridge Town

Daxtinator396

Name:Steve Young

Personality: Fun loving, easy going and hard to make mad. Can be sarcastic at times but usually means it in good fun.

Hometown:Lavaridge Town
Starter Pokémon: Image

Background: Steve grew up in Lavaridge Town always around the many fire types that lived there, not to mention Flannery herself the gym leader who he admits he finds cute beyond belief, because of this he had decided he was going to be a fire type trained like her and be the best he could be! First he needed a Pokémon though and one faithful day he found one. A stray Vulpix wandering by his home that was hungry and he gave her some food and she just kept coming back.After awhile he decided to start calling her Dusky and eventually he decided to capture her and she pressed her little head right up against the pokeball. So his adventure began with his best pal Dusky.

Other: Steve plans to travel the whole region and do all that he can!

Fortree City

jayjaycaps

Name: Edward "Eddy" Price

Personality: Often described as "cold" or "calloused", Eddy just likes getting things done, no matter how they get done. He's not afraid to trample over friends and family to accomplish a goal, and prefers to not get emotionally attached to anyone other than his pokemon.

Home Town: Fortree City

Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur (Male)

Background: Bullied for a large portion of his younger years, Edward swore that one day he would become the best trainer and join the Elite Four, so know one would be able to bully him again. Due to his lack of friends, he spent most of his time out in the wilderness near his home town by himself, save for the wild pokemon there. There he discovered his love for nature and the many pokemon it shelters. As soon as he was old enough, he received his first pokemon: a Bulbasaur. He immediately set about training it to it's absolute best, beating all of his bullies in battles. During a particularly nasty battle, the other trainer decided to take matters into his own hands and beat Eddy with his fists and feet, instead of pokemon. Deciding that he didn't want to be a part of a crowd like that, Eddy began preparations to set off on his adventure, to travel the lands and someday return, the strongest trainer around.

Other: Eddy chooses to only use grass, bug and poison type pokemon. He hopes to one day become a member of the Elite Four.

Lilycove City

Napsii

Name: Jordan

Personality: Described as friendly and charitable, most can't see Jordan ever being given to hate or fear. Having inherited her mother's scientific talent for Pokemon, her intellectual curiosity is blossoming and she delights in in learning enlightening those around her, indicating to her pride in her skills even if her modesty wouldn't suggest it. Although she enjoys some battles for sport and relaxation, she is largely non-confrontational. Since leaving for her adventure, she has come to value her freedom and has become familiar with the the countless varieties of personalities she has encountered, from the arrogant, to the timid, to the adventurous. Although she cannot see herself being the next great heroine of legend, she is very obviously compelled by the idea of success, and her loyalty to her own ideals tends to be an incentive for her to spring into action.

Home Town: Lilycove City

Starter Pokemon: Eevee

Background:

The daughter of a sailor and a marine scientist both native to Lilycove, Jordan has spent most of her life in and around the shores of Hoenn, pursuing her artistic and scientific interests for Pokemon as if they had been passed down from her parents. United by a common love for the world around them and an interest in the mysteries it held, Jordan had no issues making friends and acquaintances in both the bustle of Lilycove and on her occasional family travels to Littleroot Town and Mauville City to visit relatives. Around age 14, Jordan began to tire of the ennui of Lilycove; while she made a fashion out of winning amateur competitions at its (in)famous Contest Hall with her adored Eevee, she only had an appetizer of what the rest of the region – and perhaps the rest of the world – had to offer.

So she latched onto the same interest that had driven her mother: a curiosity for Pokemon. Taking elective courses for science, she practically ate alive the textbooks on their behavior, appearances, geography and powers. Come age 16, Jordan and her favored Eevee were spending long hours on the beach and the forests each day, monitoring the wildlife and any news of any interesting discoveries. And every opportunity she had to visit the neighboring settlements, she took; her parents trusted her mature enough to look after herself. Duels for fun while on the road weren't uncommon – and indeed, shaped Jordan's familiarity with Pokemon of all kind that she would never have seen in Lilycove – and the enjoyment of cataloguing new creatures in her Pokedex was almost endless. But her schooling and money limited her.

But at last at age 18, after finishing school, she was chosen to receive a rather generous monetary grant from a scientific group established by senior Pokemon researchers determined to empower the next generation through a system of grants donated to school students who showed promise and passion. The money would assist in any travel and Pokemon-related expenses.

Empowered, Jordan set off alone with her Eevee and a miles-long “Must Do, Must See” list she had written over the last 2 years clutched close to her.
Other: Although Jordan's upbringing has made her partial to the creatures of water and the air, her experiences so far have opened her up to all the varieties of Pokemon Hoenn is known for. She also has an ambition of one day assembling a complete Pokedex.

Reserve List

Lavaridge Town

dndman997

Name: Duo Maxwell
Personality: good natured. always willing to help others assuming they arent in his way
Home Town: Blackthorn City/Lavaridge Town
Starter Pokemon: Growlithe [Granite]
Background: Duo grew up in Blackthorn City with the ambition of becoming part of the police force, but during the academy the higher ups saw him as too reckless. sure he willing to do what was necessary even if that causes collateral damage. sadden on a dark night he stumbled upon an injured growlithe and decided to take him for himself and heal him up. as the growlithe, who he later named granite, was at his home recovering he was at the local shop and heard of some trainers leaving a fire type pokemon alone and injured having used it as a sparring partner. Duo kept to himself then but vowed to find them once Granite was at full strength, Duo eventually did go after to look for them but still have not found them.

Other: Duo and Granite are inseparable they rarely leave eyesight of each other. Duo is usually very kind and caring till something bad happens around him then he will do anything to see it is fix
Last edited by MiscChaos on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
zephyros

Postby napsii » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 am

wow i can barely remember pokemon at all but:

gym leaders as NPC's should be controlled by you specifically. if PC's were permitted to actually be gym leaders, then they would probably start off with a compliment of far stronger pokemon, money and items. they wouldn't always have to wait around being that iirc gym leaders do more than just sit around all day. they explore and train too. besides, if you have an overarching plot to follow, then that only gives them more reason to wander about

otherwise, keep them as NPC's

on the topic of canon, i would try and keep it largely out of the way except for passing interactions and remarks. we can perhaps assume this is in a nondescript point in the canon where there is the freedom to make up one's own plot, gym leaders, etc.

money should obviously be present! you should determine how much people gain from battles or quests or whatever, but i think if people want to say... have a character who comes from a wealthy background, then it makes sense for them to start off with far more money

the character tracker should be done as a simple spoiler tagged template for each character edited into *this* thread for the sake of saving space. misc's template is as good as it is gonna get

to be honest though i wish there were more adv. generations of pokemon available, not just the original 150 :z cuz there are lots of cool next gen pokemon including legendaries
napsii

Postby Thaedael » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 am

Damnit, cubone is taken, gardevoir is out, and I can't take my favourite evee-lutions </3
Thaedael

Postby zephyros » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 am

MiscChaos Wrote:Aww. With it being Kanto only, I don't get to see my favorite evolution line: Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir. And my selection of psychic pokemon are way low.

Thaedael Wrote:Damnit, cubone is taken, gardevoir is out, and I can't take my favourite evee-lutions </3

First of all, I’d like to thank all of you for your comments and assure you that I’ve been doing a lot of research since I posted this topic (A huge benefit to basing a RP off a popular series). After looking over the comments I agree that the original 150 is very limited, so I’ve looked through several indexes and compared Pokemon from all the generations I am familiar with, which is pretty much only up to Sinnoh because after that I felt like the show was reaching a bit too much… Anyway, after comparing the regional index I’ve decided to change the Playable region to Hoenn, which is the setting for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. It has a much wider variety of Pokemon, with many from the previous Generations included as well.

For the Backpack template, I think that is a great setup: Simple yet effective. It'll be a good way to keep track of everyone's gear and such, and looks really neat and tidy ^^

For the Yen, I like both of your comments about combining it into a semi-moderated system. Hopefully, that'll make it easier on everybody. We'll play with that for a while and make adjustments if need be. Flexibility is essential, and I thank you Napsii for reminding me of that ^^

Gym Leaders: I'm really torn with this, but it ties in so well with having Canons that I feel as though I'm leaning more towards them remaining NPCs, of course, if anyone feels as though they'd like to play as a Gym Leader then I'm more than happy to discuss it with them.

Canons: For now, I like the idea of having a mixed basket, so I'd say Canon NPCs such as Gym Leaders and Hoenn League members, and key NPCs like the nurses and officers of course. Chaos brings up an excellent point about whether they should be Canon from the show or game, however, and I hadn't even thought about that until you mentioned it. I believe I'll go with Canon from the game for now.

I greatly appreciate the feedback and am thrilled to see you've all taken an interest :) I do apologize for limiting the species of Pokemon, but I don't want to reach too far for the stars on my very first thread. I'll be making some edits to the Introduction post listing the changes and replacing the links with the new Region/Pokemon list.

Next order of Business
The Plot:

Looking back now, I got really excited about the potential of having an epic adult version of Pokemon to Roleplay with and was so excited with the idea I figured I'd throw something together, people would play around a bit, but then just start having all types of wild and freaky sex so there'd really be no need for a plot, but then as I wandered around with my newbie cloak of invisibility and peaked in not only on other existing RPs, but other boards as well, I noticed a lot of people, though wild freaky sex is a big incentive, come together and try to create really meaningful environments. From Roleplays where sex can occur during the well-planned and thought out plots, to game creators and supporters collaborating to come up with great story lines and a reason to be apart of something for more than just sex.

I was honestly inspired.

So I've been putting a lot of thought into a actual plot that has to do with more than just wandering around, throwing Pokeballs and trying to screw Nurse Joy, but don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the sex >:)

So this is what I had in mind: Of course Teams Aqua and Magma, the Canon villians, are out trying to capture legendaries and become all-powerful or whatever super villains do these days, so of course a big part of the plot will be characters run into the gangs, have to fight to save who/whatever from them and stop their plans of total conquest (I'm sure you all knew this already), but I decided to spice it up with a little LoK flavor. Of course yes, they are still conquesting powers, but at the same time, I was thinking something along the lines of them running a human trafficking scheme as well: Selling sex slaves throughout this region and others as well. This could be another plot line to play around with. Players have to try not only to lose against the gang members, but to not be captured and sold as sex slaves as well. Of course I have a feeling some people on this site wouldn't mind that ;)

So yeah, that's the basic idea for that plot at this time. Any feedback, ideas or improvements would be more than welcome and I thank you guys for taking the time to check this out.

-Zeph
zephyros

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 am

.... if what about team rocket ;(
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby zephyros » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:15 am

Well... to my knowledge, Team Rocket (Or at least three of their members) make an appearance in every series so, even though mostly it'll be Aqua/Magma, I might be able to throw some Rocket in there every now and then.
zephyros

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 am

I was going to say either a shrine-girl with a growlithe, a trainer with a glaceon, or a team rocket with some evil pokemon :P
Thaedael

Postby napsii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 am

strong word of advice: jumping too quickly into the sex can derail any thread *quite* fast and reduce it to a host of one and two-liners

if you want this to be what you want it to be then you should make that secondary and have ambition for other things above all else

also thae the glaceon is mine >:C
napsii

Postby zephyros » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:26 am

Thaedael Wrote:I was going to say either a shrine-girl with a growlithe, a trainer with a glaceon, or a team rocket with some evil pokemon :P

I plan on capturing a Growlithe later on in the RP myself. If you do make your shrine-girl, fancy a battle?

napsii Wrote:strong word of advice: jumping too quickly into the sex can derail any thread *quite* fast and reduce it to a host of one and two-liners

if you want this to be what you want it to be then you should make that secondary and have ambition for other things above all else

also thae the glaceon is mine >:C

Definitely noted. I can already tell you're going to be my conscious if it ever seems like I'm getting a bit off track, which is comforting :)
I'll do my best to maintain as much of a balance as possibly; keeping things moving along as much as possible if I notice it slowing down, and I've never one to be known for one-liners, so hopefully others will try and avoid it as much as possible while I'm GM
zephyros

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 am

Sorry I lied, Vulpix, not Growlithe. Though I do love me some growlithe and arcanines.
Thaedael

Postby napsii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 am

aha. very reassuring. always my belief that we can get more done with 10 sentences than 1

also i admittedly never played any of the games set in hoenn though i am reading now. something to do with groudon, rayquaza and kyogre (dibs)...mm

i might play the trainer who uses water/ice/flying types primarily.
napsii

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:04 am

After a lot of thinking about it,
I would be either a shrine maiden with a vulpix/ninetails (if I can start with an evolved form even better).
Team rocket with an umbreon, coming to steal your pokemon, your money, your body, and your significant other.
Or a breeder with nothing but evees,

The last one is a secret, am I allowed having a secret starter that no one knows about but me?
Thaedael

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 am

No! I always know what your thinking when you don't want people to know something and it interests me.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:58 am

Then what is it sir intrigue? I already know you will be with your Mr. Mime turning street tricks.
Thaedael

Postby Grape Me » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 am

omg huge fan of pokemon XD

I'm def interested in joining this, do I post character sheet on here or send u mine?
How far back can our tear 1 pokemon be from? I already have an idea of which 1 i want
PREVIOUSLY:

Grape Me

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:30 am

Calling dibs on Ralts now that she's available!
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...

MiscChaos

Postby napsii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:36 am

if i played a gym leader i would just make up my own PC rather than use a canon one lol

anyway, i have my bio done. ill post it soon
napsii

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 am

Plot: I think it's simple enough to work for now and we can get more in-depth based on people's actions and where your imagination takes you. I commend you for adding a LoK flavor to it.

Legendaries: I think it should be similar the game: Hard as hell to catch them even if you've whittled them down to 1HP unless you have something like a Master Ball. Not impossible, but hard as the devil. Storywise, again like the game, The Evil Teams (I call them that instead of whatever Team they are in that version of Pokemon) should be actively hunting them down to catch them. It'd add a bit of flavor in my opinion since you could stalk them to get a beat on a Legendary's location

Captures: I don't see how else someone will get new Pokemon if they don't capture since you need to capture Pokemon to trade them to get new ones or you'd need two Pokemon to breed a new one. Again, Legendary Pokemon should be hard as hell to catch and it'd have to be somewhat like that game where it's easier to catch them if they're weak or asleep or something like that, but capturing should definitely be part of the game.

Population Limitations: I think Pokemon with huge significance like Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, Mewtwo, Jirachi, etc. should be limited to one. The others have been around for a while so maybe someone's had the opportunity to breed them with a Ditto or something like that. There could be more than one of them, but an infinite number seems a bit much. Like maybe set a hard number based on how long they've been around and go from there?

Anyways, my next post shall be my Bio post!

MiscChaos

Postby napsii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:09 am

Name: Jordan

Appearance:

Personality: Described as friendly and charitable, most can't see Jordan ever being given to hate or fear. Having inherited her mother's scientific talent for Pokemon, her intellectual curiosity is blossoming and she delights in in learning enlightening those around her, indicating to her pride in her skills even if her modesty wouldn't suggest it. Although she enjoys some battles for sport and relaxation, she is largely non-confrontational. Since leaving for her adventure, she has come to value her freedom and has become familiar with the the countless varieties of personalities she has encountered, from the arrogant, to the timid, to the adventurous. Although she cannot see herself being the next great heroine of legend, she is very obviously compelled by the idea of success, and her loyalty to her own ideals tends to be an incentive for her to spring into action.

Home Town: Lilycove City

Starter Pokemon: Eevee

Background:

The daughter of a sailor and a marine scientist both native to Lilycove, Jordan has spent most of her life in and around the shores of Hoenn, pursuing her artistic and scientific interests for Pokemon as if they had been passed down from her parents. United by a common love for the world around them and an interest in the mysteries it held, Jordan had no issues making friends and acquaintances in both the bustle of Lilycove and on her occasional family travels to Littleroot Town and Mauville City to visit relatives. Around age 14, Jordan began to tire of the ennui of Lilycove; while she made a fashion out of winning amateur competitions at its (in)famous Contest Hall with her adored Eevee, she only had an appetizer of what the rest of the region – and perhaps the rest of the world – had to offer.

So she latched onto the same interest that had driven her mother: a curiosity for Pokemon. Taking elective courses for science, she practically ate alive the textbooks on their behavior, appearances, geography and powers. Come age 16, Jordan and her favored Eevee were spending long hours on the beach and the forests each day, monitoring the wildlife and any news of any interesting discoveries. And every opportunity she had to visit the neighboring settlements, she took; her parents trusted her mature enough to look after herself. Duels for fun while on the road weren't uncommon – and indeed, shaped Jordan's familiarity with Pokemon of all kind that she would never have seen in Lilycove – and the enjoyment of cataloguing new creatures in her Pokedex was almost endless. But her schooling and money limited her.

But at last at age 18, after finishing school, she was chosen to receive a rather generous monetary grant from a scientific group established by senior Pokemon researchers determined to empower the next generation through a system of grants donated to school students who showed promise and passion. The money would assist in any travel and Pokemon-related expenses.

Empowered, Jordan set off alone with her Eevee and a miles-long “Must Do, Must See” list she had written over the last 2 years clutched close to her.

Other: Although Jordan's upbringing has made her partial to the creatures of water and the air, her experiences so far have opened her up to all the varieties of Pokemon Hoenn is known for. She also has an ambition of one day assembling a complete Pokedex.
Last edited by napsii on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
napsii

Next

Return to Out of Character