Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby Katiekat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm

nope.. thats all there is so far.
Katiekat
Newly Registered

Postby Darthan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 pm

gravifan89 Wrote:Okay, I finally found this page! I got this game from a friend, but it was incomplete. I get past this bar or lounge-type area, then it says that's all. Any updates?

If you have version 0.09 then that is where the current content ends. Kita always has the room at the end of the current content telling you that you have reached the end. If you have the current version that is all there is.
Darthan

Postby Cumslut Tifa » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 am

So, the game is dead? 8 months without an update - so sad. RIP.
Cumslut Tifa
Newly Registered

Postby gravifan89 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I don't know what version I have. I've had it for a few months, though, so I was hoping it's been updated.
gravifan89

Postby Raio10 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Any chance of an update even if it says that the project is dead just to let all of us who are waiting know
Raio10

Postby Wonderful Hawk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 am

God damn people, don't just declare it dead all on your own. Kita posted... a month and a half ago, saying that it is not dead - but is currently on hiatus. That information was as easy to get as checking his recent posts, which was like two clicks. Seriously, doesn't hurt to do a little research before tossing out comments with no basis in reality. :|
Wonderful Hawk

Postby wanted » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:12 pm

The basis on reality are:

- 8 months old version
- no time to even check a forum on the internet?
- he works alone

Sorry form the pessimism Hawk, but I'm tired of hoping to see some progress.
I also fear Kita doesn't like (enjoy) working on DL anymore, he can answer It the next time he shows up.

bb
wanted

Postby Kyo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Kita has plenty of time to be online, I talk to him on an almost daily basis. Hiatus means just that though, Hiatus. If you say you want a break from something and people are bugging you about it every single day it kinda makes it feel like you're not really taking a break and not want to get back to it. Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, a full time job eats ALOT more time and effort than college. Effort is a depelete'able resource and what may have been worked on almost daily before may only get one weekend a month anymore if that.

Also part of the reason updates are slow is because alot of the "lore" of the world is being fleshed out better right now. There's alot to the game world besides the labyrinth itself, as a series of RPs at his other "hang-out" site of choice show.
Don't quote me. I'll edit a message a few dozen times before I correctly word what I want to say, sometimes starting over completely. I don't like the old versions staring me in the face >__>
Kyo

Postby Zaiaku666 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:12 am

Try not wasting your breath Kyo. Most of these people, myself included I am sad to say, don't make games like this. However, as a connoisseur of said games, i am used to long delays to games such as this, where not only is there no profit, it's a one man project working with what little free time he has. The final project usually takes time to get out. People are just impatient because they want to play the final version already. If you people would check out other maker's respectful blogspots or personal forums, you would see that with the exception of Corruption of Champions's Fenoxo, who actually does this for a living and lives off what pitiful donation he recieves, everyone has work, health, and family issues that take precedence over this game which is just technically a hobby that he drop should he feel the need to do so.
Zaiaku666

Postby Rakarth » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:00 am

All I have to say to all of this "Dead" crap is... The moment kit gets on and says it's dead is the moment it's dead... Now STFU and wait, or don't complain.
Rakarth

Postby Seyser Koze » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 am

wanted Wrote:The basis on reality are:

- 8 months old version
- no time to even check a forum on the internet?
- he works alone

Sorry form the pessimism Hawk, but I'm tired of hoping to see some progress.
I also fear Kita doesn't like (enjoy) working on DL anymore, he can answer It the next time he shows up.

bb

Before you start making judgements about what somebody should "realistically" be able to do, pick up a copy of RPG Maker (the trial's free, after all) and see what kind of work is involved.
Seyser Koze

Postby Wonderful Hawk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:26 pm

And 3D Custom Girl! Gotta get 3DCG involved in that, and make images for eight unique characters (plus side scenes). Combine that with the RPG Maker work, and then you might have a small idea of what it takes to make a game like this. Much work as he's already put into it, he's earned a hiatus, oh yes. He's earned more than that.
Wonderful Hawk

Postby phoenyxz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Agreed ure right Hawk though with the quality of the game is human that we maybe anxious for new version i kinda im, especially to see wat comes next, by the way happy xmas and new year ahead of the time hahaha :mrgreen:
phoenyxz

Postby Rakarth » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:21 pm

@Hawk You're right about that one.. After all he's not a professional game company.... So breaks are break, and I for one know that while making a game with little help you need a break.
Rakarth

Postby oni-san » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 am

XD it's like ToffiSama all over again. Impatient people, and then Toffi comes out with something awesome...when he's damned well ready to make it. I for one really can't wait to move on with playing this magnificent work, but i'm not so pompous as to rush KITA. Lol this game is WORTH the wait.
Current Project: None, really.
oni-san

Postby lok987 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 am

Yeah, I have to agree: making these games is a shit ton of work. Patiently waiting and motivating the creators to continue their projects is really the best (and only) thing you can do. There are many games in development, which are really promising, but they all take a lot of effort and time.

Some examples:

- Resident Evil Progeny: there were no real updates for months, but it's now rather active again.
- Corta's Platformer: Corta completely disappeared for about a year until he picked it back up. Now he's been gone for 3 months again.
- Hounds Of The Blade: Small updates only approximately every 3 - 5 months.
- DirtyC101's Furry Fury: Legend of the Twin Orbs: updates about every 6 months.
- Projekt Wolfenstahl: they wanted to finish their game by end of Juli / August. It's still not finished now, but maybe in Q1/13?
- I think Kyrieru intended to have his new game finished by now (end of 2012) as well. Instead he's currently taking a break from it and makes another one, before returning to his main project.
- Gorepete is also nearing 4 months of hiatus mid January.
- Toffisama is also taking lengthy breaks in between. He was gone for over 6 months this year, before updating Amazon Kara.

So, it takes quite literally years before such ambitious projects get finished. That is, of course, if they aren't officially abandoned at some point.
lok987

Postby Triuneprophet » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:02 am

I am just getting into making a game and I am already shocked by how much more work is involved. Give him time this game is like incredibly well done I hope he updates soon but I know no matter how long it takes, it won't dissapoint.
Triuneprophet

Postby Eumel2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 pm

I really love thhis game.
great combat nice story perfect match between sex and game
only 2 things are bugging me a bit
1. u cant review scence against opponents that u defeated
2. the scenes are all somewhat the same for every character i would prefer less different scenes but unique ones for everyone
Eumel2

Postby Kyo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:48 pm

I'd probably be deluding myself by thinking anyone plays Dlaby for any reason besides the sex scenes, but as I've said before, the world is far from dead because Kita is hosting a few RPs set in that world on a different site. I'd post a link, but I'm unsure of LOK's policy on that... still, if anyone is interested in the reading material I think I could send it over PM.
Don't quote me. I'll edit a message a few dozen times before I correctly word what I want to say, sometimes starting over completely. I don't like the old versions staring me in the face >__>
Kyo

Postby Rakarth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 am

@Eumel2 Do you know how much work goes into the scenes already? It would make more work for kit to make very scene unique as they already are enough work just making them the same... So doubt you're ever going to get that for every single scene.
Rakarth

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner