Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby Zodiark69 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:07 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Wows, where to start with the replies G_G
Anyhoo, just a heads-up, the project is NOT dead, I'm just on hiatus, currently. Too much done on the current patch to just stop now, but there's also still a bit to do before I can comfortable with it at all--hit the wall of monotony that is personalization so I got a little burnt out. Will be back though.

I freaking knew it! Ha, I called it without even knowing! I'm awesome like that.
Zodiark69

Postby Dennis026 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:03 pm

take ur time.
i think the game is worth it to wait for lol
Dennis026

Postby Rakarth » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Hehe I feel much better knowing you're alive kit :) All I wanted to know was if the project was going to continue or not but take your time and wow us with it :)
Rakarth

Postby Eumel2 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 pm

not sure if its inteded or a bug
after finishing (getting to the port crystal) i cant save anymore so any cg i aquire after that is lost
Eumel2

Postby moonblack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 am

Intentional. You can't save in the "End of demo" room. However, if you leave that room via the door saving is enabled, so you can save. If you leave via the crystal (which is there for testing purposes) saving remains disabled until you reenter the room and leave via the door.
moonblack

Postby krisslanza » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Gone and finished the demo with Emilia, and just felt like posting to say you've done some pretty good work. The early game is pretty rough, especially when you only get 'healed' back to 1HP and are surrounded by enemies, but after you get some levels under the belt and some potions in the pockets, it becomes a lot easier. Really helpful to have that 'Surrender' option to collect CGs as well.

I can see it being really time-consuming to collect every CG though, especially whenever the game is actually finished! Given the size of the first part of the Labyrinth, I have to imagine the game is going to be quite lengthy and then you have eight characters to do it all with... and then possibly party members.

On the topic of that is my one minor little gripe so far - I fear it's almost like you've bitten off more then you can chew, as it would be really nice to see Gwyn in every scene after you get her but considering you have to do that for EIGHT characters... and then who knows how many scenes... pretty tricky. Or so I think, I haven't messed with RPGMaker since like, it was in the 2000 edition. That being said, playing your game has kinda made me want to make one, but... I kind of lack the normal ways to provide the scenes. I guess I can write, but that's about it.
krisslanza

Postby Rakarth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:44 am

@Krisslanza Easiest way to get past the first part quickly is run as fast as you can to the bar (after some required encounters which shouldn't be too hard now.) after you hit up the weapon area where all the red slimes are... All those weapons will give you about 30+ potions, and you'll be peachy after that :) Also given that he has 8 characters to deal with I wouldn't say the scenes are terribly hard to make but hey who am I to judge I'm to lazy to do it myself >< But as far as rpg maker goes it's pretty simplified (I figured out how to use it in less then a day which surprised me because I'm slow at learning.) Well the basics not all the harder stuff but you get the point.
Rakarth

Postby Savyar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 am

Well I was bored today and saw this game on my computer from a few months ago. so i spent the last number of hours replaying all the characters because i really love this game so i will wait as long as it takes for more content its a truly awesome game Kit even as a WIP.
Savyar

Postby wanted » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 pm

R.I.P.?
wanted

Postby viper2003923 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:57 am

wanted Wrote:R.I.P.?

you really shouldnt consider it dead until kita says "ok guys im sorry, but im gonna kill Dlaby"
viper2003923

Postby Dennis026 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Lol.
Dennis026

Postby Rakarth » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 am

Kit did state he was catching up on real life issues..... If you read previous posts which I assume you didn't. --@wanted
Rakarth

Postby wanted » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:32 am

I had already read it.
I guess I0m losing hope.
wanted

Postby JackalMask » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:04 am

Damn, I didn't check the LOK forums for quite some time, and was really hoping to return to an updated DLaby. Well good to see you're still working on it KITA, can we have some updates on what you're working on? Maybe a teaser from a new scene ;) ?
JackalMask

Postby UnsungHero » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 am

I'm not gonna get into the more sex stuff I'm sure people have given ypu enough suggestions on that process

-Though a few more decent male characters would be nice... I always find it annoying that the one consensual scene in the game is Yuri... nothing wrong with Yuri but apparently Het is the ebuls!... JUST saying. Though I suppose Wolfram or Orphues exist for that reason.-

As an rpg it is pretty solid though the strategy is pretty much the same tll you get to the first farm room -plants with fountain- which anyone with sense will grind up to level 10 -might have to go to 15 with some of the mage chars when you fight the legitimately difficult Xandrud -Nice use of FE art you make those custom yourself or are soem of them legit custom art just made in the style though No Lloyd or Karl customs shame on you!!-

I assume based on certain runs you plan to have certain PCs encounter each other but it's not a case of all 8 of them are attacking/runnnig around -The syndicate would be out of members in 5 hours -unless they have cloning vats but then we'd be going into ridculous secret society territory... though they do have thier own Mage division hmm-... it be like that GOW commercial where the pop count keeps going down- Which is fine since juggling 7 other characters with I'd assume 3-5 more party members would be great but FAAAR to much of a headache for one person.

Speaking of which, since you've effectively massacred the rouge Division including already beating it's Commander and have effectively seen the Front debrauchery of the Chamber/Stalls. I guess the question is whats left to do?

Now standard RPG logic says that you'll get one more match with Xandrud before you put him down for good, Mage Captain"I assume it's Nebula" and her division The Combat division shows up to up the ante with actaully fighters and the Inquistion divisition and unless you pull an elite Division, leaves the Boss/Heads of the group and the Rescueing of the princess.

Now the H-Rpg logic basically says that the next big H spot will the the Inquistion area -Which i assume is gonna be slave processing and breaking before shipping them off to the constumers... Inquistion is just a fancy title for the Social Reeducation division.- Not a big fan of BSM but hey if that's your thing.

Could do another event with Illiria on whether you got back at her. -Though I'll leave bonus party mmebers/Secret characters up to you-

on Classes
Though perhaps more passive skills/abilities unique to each class would be a way to buff and differentiate them more?
IE Rhiannon auto regens health, Emillia has counterattack, ETC ETC

Maybe Tag attacks with Gywn?
UnsungHero

Postby Savyar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:45 pm

to unsunghero

use water magic on Xandrud he is super effected by it and you can beat Xandrud at lower level on other characters use a stunning or confusing move i beat him on all character at leve 5-6 except the mage school girl i need level 7
Savyar

Postby UnsungHero » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 am

True but he has the health and hits hard enough that a few levels higher feels more assuring
UnsungHero

Postby krisslanza » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Gameplay logic is the only reason why there's even bandits to still fight after a little while. Or the fact that the Rogue's haven't told everyone, and they just wouldn't send up the Combat Division, who judging by the one guy you CAN fight, are significantly stronger then everyone else on the first "level". They'd probably just steamroll you and throw you in the Chambers and maybe actually NOT leave your weapons with you ahahaha.

I've been wondering if you can actually progress far into the game WITHOUT losing, but I don't think you would do well because you can't get into the Chambers without losing at first, and you can't really levelgrind anything until you can get past that Captain...
krisslanza

Postby Rakarth » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Um Krisslanza.... I can beat the entire game without loosing once at it's current stage because you can in fact get to the chambers without loosing in the first place, and as for level grinding goes I just spam buy health potions and the level difference goes away.... Simple as that. If you want to know where to get the money from, just check the place with all the slimes and sell what you get from the chests.

EDIT: Oh and just a side note... I can beat Xan with a level 4 mage.... (Health potions are ftw.)
Rakarth

Postby krisslanza » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Rakarth Wrote:Um Krisslanza.... I can beat the entire game without loosing once at it's current stage because you can in fact get to the chambers without loosing in the first place, and as for level grinding goes I just spam buy health potions and the level difference goes away.... Simple as that. If you want to know where to get the money from, just check the place with all the slimes and sell what you get from the chests.

EDIT: Oh and just a side note... I can beat Xan with a level 4 mage.... (Health potions are ftw.)

I figured it's possible, but it does require you to have to beat that Captain without basically having any chance to level up first. So you really would rely entirely on potions.
krisslanza

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner