A method to accelerate this thing!

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: A method to accelerate this thing!

Postby Oriandu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:09 am

There's no such thing "I" or "Me" in game development. The vision of the entire project supersedes any and all personal preferences. Honestly if you're looking to speed things up, recruit a couple new programmers, have whoever is in charge of the programming dictate how things are done and then set them loose. If you're having trouble with art, recruit a few artists and have ptoon give them a style guide. Things flow much better when there's more people hammering away at it.
Oriandu

What's the Status on Contributions Needed?

Postby ronpepper » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 am

Hey, I have some photoshop ability and I'm wondering what kind of things I can do to contribute to the project's completion. Are backgrounds still needed? I'm so confused about which model we are using, also. Once I have an idea on that I can start creating backgrounds that matches the style. That and, I need to know what settings we expect. I'd offer to do artwork on the furries but my specialty is .. not furries -- just naked chicks and dickgirls. I've tried drawing furries and herms and it's *not* good. So I'll leave that to the pros.
ronpepper

Postby ronpepper » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 am

I have been lurking on this forum for a bit. A team needs a leader, and the creative team needs to follow his leadership. He also needs to be able to use sticky threads to keep the big current news on top of the threads -- what is needed, and how it should look, etc. That way I don't have to ask before I begin cranking out work, (also, note my number of posts, I have to wait for my post to post before there is any chance for a member of the team to respond.)

It seems plain to me that trunks should be the CEO of this shindig, as he knows what is going on. I don't know if this might sour some relationships and there are particular artists who we are counting on with particular preferences, but damn, this type of project cannot go on forever without progress and direction. It's time to stop excusing this slowness because of the free time constraints of a few. And I'm NOT blaming anyone -- ya'll have done a great job. But.. like Trunks says, it needs to be an open community effort.
ronpepper

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 am

I'm flattered you think I should be the leader, but I lack the resources. This is Ren's board, I don't know anything about running a forum, or if everyone would jump ship from here to a new board (both the community and the remaining team members) Even then we're still having issues getting the artwork and the coding. Both could be solved if we looked to the community for help though instead of just the team.

That being said, I'd love to see what you can do for backgrounds. As for style, I say don't worry about it, ptoon-t posted a few examples of backgrounds that you can take a look at, that should give you some direction, and just to start off easy, I say draw up your version of the starting room krystal wakes up in, it'll give us an idea of what you're artwork looks like.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby ronpepper » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:31 am

Sounds good, I'll do some backgrounds based on what was in LoK 0.2, and post it in CC. :D
ronpepper

Postby FuzzFace » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:33 am

*double takes* ronpepper...did you purposely take almost exactly one year to post a reply? :D I had a derp moment. I was looking at your join date, and Trunks' join date :mrgreen:

I have thought about learning code, but that is pretty much just like learning another language. Not sure I’m up for the challenge. My strengths lie in writing, and storytelling and the like.
I have tried to look at some C++ programming. I even thought of opening a topic, and giving step-by-step instructions on how to program a simple game, while using pictures to elaborate.

I think having a lessons class here would be useful for anyone that would like to learn just what it takes to program, and make art. Links on where to get certain programs, and a show case forum just for finished “Challenges.” Perhaps there could be some challenges that the team could set up, like say…make a flash where some sharp claws rape a gal. if people take the time to learn some simple codeing step-by-step, they could finish a challenge given out by a team member, to slowly teach everybody the basics of programming. This could promote growth as well as people making more games/mods without all the need for them all jumping around, wanting work done for them.

Edit: Oh! just like what KaTsuO_O has done here! Subject: New project
FuzzFace

Previous

Return to Legend of Krystal