LoK Choose Your Own Adventure

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: LoK Choose Your Own Adventure

Postby IrrelevantComment » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 pm

If a flash game were to be developed for this, would you use it?

Or rather, is it worth me making a flash game for this while you start writing the story?
IrrelevantComment

Postby Yawg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:38 am

Yeah- probably; especially if there were artists on board.

But then, it'd be more difficult for people to update. And slower. It may be too much to ask of you...

And for the record, *I* cared that you went to the trouble of updating LoK to AS3.
Thank you.
Yawg

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:57 am

As for updating, I have no idea how the current system is used so I can't really compare, but my idea for this was rather than create a Flash game specifically for this story, to create a system where anyone can create a story. ie, you would log in, then you can start any adventures that have been created, resume progress on any you have started, or if you have admin privileges for an adventure you could add to it/change it through the flash app. All the adventures would be held on a database (until February, I have a free account with space for 250,000 data items on a database and up to 100GB monthly traffic) so it wouldn't be like I have to update it each time.

Not a foolproof plan -yet- but I think it could work.

As for the LoK thing, it's good to hear that. I realise my signature might sound kinda bitter but it wasn't meant that way
IrrelevantComment

Postby Spycam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:11 am

All right, I'm going to do my best to answer everything here. I'm going through in order, so if you changed something in a later post my comments may be off a little, but here goes.

IrrelevantComment, I'll take your question as a compliment to my writing abilities. Thank you. I'm not completely sure what you're asking me to do, but if you want to make a flash game using the paths I'm writing, feel free- just put me in the credits somewhere please. I'm familiar with some of your work, so I know that you can code a game, but do we need to find an artist? Also, for the record, I appreciated your efforts to convert LoK to AS3- I simply didn't have an account at that time.

In response to your gameplan, I like the idea, but I think the execution might end up too cumbersome. However, I really like the idea of creating a program that would easily let you edit and add content. If you can pull that off, I'll be impressed. Personally, I prefer one story with lots of choices leading to different branches- choice is, after all, the heart of video games- but that's just me. That's why my favourite LoK version to date is AnotherTail by AnotherArrow. The simple addition of red, yellow, and green buttons (choices) added a feeling of control over Krystals actions. In fact, some of my future sex scenes are going to resemble that method, as I believe I mentioned. Back on topic, are you thinking to use the CYOA as a map for the scenes?

This reminds me, are there any artists interested in contributing to the CYOA to make it a kind of graphic novel? It's not necessary, but it would be cool.
Founder of the Legend of Krystal choose your own adventure project.
Spycam

Postby Spycam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Hey, I just thought of something else. Is the plan to make a game like LoK, or a text based game?
Spycam

Postby Yawg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:27 am

I've added a couple pages to the CYOA LoK Page! Just sayin'

I'll add some more later; but right now, I've got to head to bed. :P Stupid work.
Yawg

Postby Spycam » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 am

Nice work man, you've been busy. I was actually planning to add a joystick scene at some point, and I still plan to implement the 'flying lizards', so I guess great minds think alike. Sorry about my lack of contributions lately, but life's been busy. I should, however, be able to write the rest of the 'open the cockpit (which reminds me, I need to spoof the term 'cock-pit' later) to feel the cool breeze' and 'wake up' pages tomorrow, so please leave those open for now.
Spycam

Postby Yawg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:14 am

Will do- I'm planning on running with the stuff I'm doing for the time being... though I am considering branching off of what you're working on later if I need a change of pace; obviously, the invitation's extended both ways. :)
I figure who ever writes the branch has "dibs" on whatever that page will be; but the game's on for creating new branches off of an already-existing page.

But I'm trying to drum up some interest off site as well (I'm pimping this on FA and Tumblr, and I've got some writer folks pimping it on IB) so hopefully there'll be more contribution soon.

*Edit!* Spoke too soon; there are already two updated pages that aren't of mine! Gravekeeper and Noahbuddy have joined in the fun!
Yawg

Postby Spycam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:01 am

Good work man, this thing is really coming alive. I wrote a bunch of stuff for the topless scene (almost done), but the nude scene will have to be done tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to be long. Also, looking over what I've written, it seems like there are a few places where a choice could be inserted. Rest assured that I will come back to that soon, I'm just trying to get what I have now on paper, so to speak.
Spycam

Postby Spycam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:06 am

Also, the title page is now linked to this thread to improve communication.
Spycam

Postby gamerfox » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:02 am

Oops, wrote a page ( http://editthis.info/create_your_own_adventure/LoK_Head_to_her_quarters_to_get_changed. ) before I realized that Yawg technically had dibs on it. In penance, I'm gonna leave the three responses I linked to open for anyone to claim. So sorry...
I am a tactless minstrel
I sing off-key for coins
If you spot me in the street
Please kick me in the loins.
gamerfox

Postby Yawg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 am

Dibs schmibs. Don't worry about it. If you write it first, you're good to go.

Wrote a bit more tonight, by the way... anyone who feels like continuing from where I left off; a possibility of having a Krystal/Katt lesbian tryst, or a Krystal, Katt and Falco, nekkid in the ship's pool.
I've also got an unused break-off point where Slippy chooses instead to take control of an amorous Krystal, trying to move herself higher up on his to-do list.

Have at 'em, as far as I'm concerned (or at least my branches, I guess- I can't speak for the others)... I'd love to see where people take these branches. I mean, otherwise, why upload it as a CHYO where anyone can edit it, right? You can tell which branches are mine, because they're horribly written.
Yawg

Postby Spycam » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:34 am

I like where your line is going Yawg. I would like to bring up one question though while it's relevant: does Krystal wear panties? Her old loincloth clearly had nothing under it (maybe a thong), and I always imagined the flight suit to be the same way, but that's just me. At any rate, in my branches she won't unless you count a bikini, but as always, use your own discretion.

Sorry I haven't been very active lately ya'll, but it's just been one thing after another. My contributions will probably continue to come in large, but infrequent bursts.
Spycam

Postby Yawg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:24 am

I figured she did, when pants are involved; otherwise, it gets kinda unhygenic and uncomfortable. Going commando is overrated D:

And thanks! I totally gave up on using present-tense, though; it got too.... thought-intensive. So I suck at consistency. D:
Yawg

Postby Spycam » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Fair enough- though I think we can easily enough ignore practicality with a story like this as needed. I can`t really blame you for using past tense either. Present tense is effective for focusing on a single character, but agreeably `thought-intensive`, as you put it. Please do try to stick to one or the other at least within the same page though, okay? Things just feel awkward otherwise- I don`t know who, but someone already did that, and I`m restraining myself from editing it.
Spycam

Postby gamerfox » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:43 am

I kinda wanted my line to be about a confrontation with Fox about how distant he's been lately in three different moods (businesslike, romantic, downright sexual) but I have absolutely no idea. So that, combined with my need for atonement after "stealing" (even after I've been told it's OK,) explains why I'm leaving my branches in the hands of others... unless I think of an idea before someone else.
I am a tactless minstrel
I sing off-key for coins
gamerfox

Postby Yawg » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 am

I'm pretty sure that was me- I know I started messing it around; edit away!

I was soooo drunk when I wrote it. I couldn't keep track.
Yawg

Postby somerandomguy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Hey just registered here at lokf i didnt realise this cyoa was being recorded here so yea :) i had written the few scenes involving the joystick, and staff. ill make sure to be involved in the discussions here about it as long as you'll welcome me. Thanks for putting up that link on the start page, im glad that the people who started this cyoa is part of the krystal community.....it would seem wrong if it werent haha
somerandomguy
Newly Registered

Postby Spycam » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:45 am

Welcome to the team. All debates remain open indefinitely, so feel free to add input to any of our prior discussions.
Spycam

Postby gamerfox » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 am

I still can't think of anything. Someone want to try to help me think?
I am a tactless minstrel
I sing off-key for coins
gamerfox

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal