Bowser's Castle 2.0.0.1

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Bowser's Castle 2.0.0.1

Postby Rex » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:43 pm

This project is now handled by Terrantor. Check his posts in this thread for more information about his progress.

As Promised
*Please post any Bugs you see.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

New_Bowser's_Castle CS4.swf [ 2.66 MiB | Viewed 103621 times ]

What's new in this update

-started on rule 63 Tael (she can be seen now)
-the controls now show up at the start
-added more ground (now you could not fall out of the level)
-New updated flash(CS6)
-New problems :evil: (the file did not play too well with CS6 to the point it was unplayable so I had to fixed most of it , so it could be like it never happened)

Plans for next updates-In order

-Fix ground
-Finsh all faires
Work on Zelda
Work-Midena
-Add title secreen
-Add menu
-Add quest system
-Make new level so the castle can be just that much bigger
-Fix bugs
-Work on chracter lines

Bug list

-Need to make zelda a little smaller

Once again I would like to thank Playshapes and Blargh: Playshapes for making the game and Blargh for making the CS4 version so I could work with it (ALL ART WAS MADE BY PLAYSHAPES NOT ME)

<<Help Wanted>>

[MOD EDIT]
Last edited by Rex on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rex
Newly Registered

Re: Bowser's Castle 2

Postby fredinator » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Well the Bug list Spoiler does not open so I list everything I find

- Picked up the leaf. Hat does not change.
- I jumped and moved then in other direction. Marios animation froze so he hovered standing backwards instead of walking.
- There was TEAL written in way where nothing was.
- Game reloads everytime I write something here. But that is probably an error of opera.

The rest was unfinished stuff so these don't count.
But nevertheless I thank you for picking up this game. I like it so far. Keep it up.
Last edited by fredinator on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredinator

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 am

looking good, man. Keep it up. I'm working on the prequel,as of now. can't wait to see how this one evolves!! :D
Terrantor!!!

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:16 am

Awesome! I'm happy that you've done something with this game; I was waiting patiently for someone to do something with it.

Further pointers will be incoming.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Pram » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:40 am

Please make it so Spacebar doesn't reset the game, really irritating pressing it trying to advance scenes only to restart the thing, accidentally did it a few times already.
Pram

Postby Tovi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Pram Wrote:Please make it so Spacebar doesn't reset the game, really irritating pressing it trying to advance scenes only to restart the thing, accidentally did it a few times already.

the problem isn't the reset, but the glitch that occur when you accidentially press spacebar while in a conversation, at least when talking to krystal- this caused firefox to crash, so i had to force it to quit. I hope that you find the cause of this or even better- fix it! Other than that this is looking quite good!
I make art sometimes! ^^
parsleyparakeet.tumblr.com
Tovi

Postby viper2003923 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:48 pm

ok i have a couple questions for you; first question i have, are you planning on finishing this? second question were you planning on rewriting their conversations with mario to make them seem more indiviualized?
viper2003923

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Valpas Wrote:
Pram Wrote:Please make it so Spacebar doesn't reset the game, really irritating pressing it trying to advance scenes only to restart the thing, accidentally did it a few times already.

the problem isn't the reset, but the glitch that occur when you accidentially press spacebar while in a conversation, at least when talking to krystal- this caused firefox to crash, so i had to force it to quit. I hope that you find the cause of this or even better- fix it! Other than that this is looking quite good!

Yea the space bar crashes my flash player as well as my Firefox. Don't even understand why that's there but then again who am I to judge the power of PlayShapes.
One thing I notice is when Mario cums on Krystal in the second scene, the cum in floating in the air after she falls over. Other than that everything you added seem to be in place. I'm also guessing a cumming scene for the pink fairies are coming soon? I really must thank you for this one. This was my favorite out of everything PlayShapes gave out and yet I saw no one try to pick it up and redo it. I'm sure this will come out well so good luck.
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby Rex » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 pm

ok i have a couple questions for you; first question i have, are you planning on finishing this? second question were you planning on rewriting their conversations with mario to make them seem more indiviualized? Yes I do plan to finish the game i will be posting updates, Yes but that's on the lower part of the list

the problem isn't the reset, but the glitch that occur when you accidentially press spacebar while in a conversation, at least when talking to krystal- this caused firefox to crash, so i had to force it to quit. I hope that you find the cause of this or even better- fix it Yeah I thought i fixed it it was a glitch in the game before I started messing with it. I guess i'll have to look into It (again)

Please make it so Spacebar doesn't reset the game, really irritating pressing it trying to advance scenes only to restart the thing, accidentally did it a few times already. The spacebar is more of a test thing I will take it out once i get most of the stuff working for now just use the arrows

- Picked up the leaf. Hat does not change. (on it)
- I jumped and moved then in other direction. Marios animation froze so he hovered standing backwards instead of walking.(Meh i'll put it on the low end of the fix it/make it list )
- There was TEAL written in way where nothing was. (Yeah I was making "TAEL" Before I posted)
- Game reloads everytime I write something here. But that is probably an error of opera. (Your most likely hitting the space bar)

Yea the space bar crashes my flash player as well as my Firefox. Don't even understand why that's there but then again who am I to judge the power of PlayShapes. (Yeah it was one of the main problems i got when i started working on it, it works better on Google chrome but i still need to test the game on all browsers)
One thing I notice is when Mario cums on Krystal in the second scene, the cum in floating in the air after she falls over. (on it) Other than that everything you added seem to be in place. I'm also guessing a cumming scene for the pink fairies are coming soon? (yep next update i plan on getting all the fairies done)
Rex
Newly Registered

Postby viper2003923 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:53 pm

found a bug, not sure if anyone knows this one yet, but if you walk past zelda you fall through the world
viper2003923

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:42 am

viper2003923 Wrote:found a bug, not sure if anyone knows this one yet, but if you walk past zelda you fall through the world

Yea that used to be the spot where the pink fairies were if im correct. I'm sure it will be patched up when he redesigns that section.
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby RedUnit10 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:21 am

Glad to see someone doing something with this, I was worried it would fall into the pit of unfinished projects like Adventures of Garnet.
RedUnit10

Postby merctime » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:45 am

Rex, I just thought you should know... out of everything happening here, I am really looking forward to this the most. I absolutely LOVE what you are doing here. Hope you continue to update it!

I love the mail system. I have a sneaking suspicion that you are planning on spacing them out along the levels, etc. One thing however... for mail #14 (the anal scene) I can never get the video to actually animate? It's like its stuttering from picture to picture. Don't know if it's just me.

Keep up the great work!
merctime

Postby Name_Taken » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:38 am

Haven't taken a look at the whole thing yet...but damn do I hope that giant strap-on/penis/dildo thing of peach's gets used.
Name_Taken

Postby flashguy1! » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Interactivity! Interactivity! Interactivity!

On serious note , Good Stuff Rex.I will definitely be looking forward to the next update you come out with.

flashguy1!
Newly Registered

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:34 am

Hey, Its being nice so far!! Loved the Mail toad scenes (since the original) and the fixes so far! But I have some suggestions and advice to give.

1) Improve game speed/FPS. It may need a new camera system and a low curves count on some assets, as the ground texture. I can do that, provided you give me some tasks to do. First, I can see the camera and optimize it. If it does good, we can keep optimizing more.

2) Please, put some invisible ground blocks in order for Mario not falling in the void! I did this 7 times from now (Its in different places). First, in the fairy area (far in the right), after Zelda. Second, in the Peach area (in the beginning of the game). If you go upwards (coins and blocks) and jumps left, you also fall into the void. Third, in the pipe (right after Peach). If you jump right passing over it, you will fall.

3) It will be so better if you really spread the mail toads along the level. And more, instead of using numbers, why not use a consecutive number system? So, no matter which mail toad will be used, it will play the next not-seen video! So Mario could wander along the level while knowing the last news about Peach ;)

4) Improve Peach anal video animation (its like its stuttering) in MAIL #14. As already said in former posts above.
5) MENU system activated by ESC key or any interesting key you choose (ok, its a feature you're already planning). It could have buttons only for now, like
- restarting the game (instead of pressing space)
- help system (could have some hints)
- gallery mode! (so you can replay the already seen peach animations in the mobile phone and her photos, but with more zoom and without the blue screen noise lines)

6) Get rid of Space key restarting the game (its really annoying) :/

Thanks, great man! Keep up with the good work!
Ivan-Aedler

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 am

ivanaedler Wrote: 3) It will be so better if you really spread the mail toads along the level. And more, instead of using numbers, why not use a consecutive number system? So, no matter which mail toad will be used, it will play the next not-seen video! So Mario could wander along the level while knowing the last news about Peach ;)

Wait...werent those put there by PlayShapes? But I agree though with what your saying. It would be more convienent that way anyways.

Also if you can somehow fix the part where when someone jumps under something they would teleport upwards. Later on it could ruin some gameplay that maybe important. For instance getting to Krystal. If your on the floaty boxes under the cell and jump towards the upper right corner of where Krystal is, you'll teleport right to her. Lol so many things to fix so little time haha

My main advice would be just to take your time and go with the flow. Theres alot of things in here that needs to be fixed and of you try to rush it, you'll probably quit making the game within a month lol. So thats all for today.
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby humbird0 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:17 am

I really LOVE your level design in this!
And the sex scenes are all very clever.

You could drastically improve the game's speed by converting any non-moving graphics into Jpegs or Png images and importing them instead of using vector images.

Consider using a picture of the level instead of actual vector shapes and lines.
Getting those pictures would probably be a hassle unless you build the level in Photoshop or an art program.
But Flash does have a limit on the maximum size a single image can be. (2880 x 2880)
It is possible to program the game to take snapshots and replace the level graphics when you run it. I've done this before but the code is kind of complex.
It involves using the draw() function to create an image of the level, storing those images inside of BitmapData objects, hiding the movieClip containing the level's vector art, and displaying the images in its place.
The last version of Pokemon Hentai Version is: January 31, 2015
Every Pokemorph created for the game
Every cutscene picture in the game
Reference material gallery (characters, poses, outfits, expressions, personalities)
humbird0

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:28 am

humbird0 Wrote:You could drastically improve the game's speed by converting any non-moving graphics into Jpegs or Png images and importing them instead of using vector images.

But humbird, it may let the game with poorer graphics for all players, even those with Cores i5, Cores i7 (they can play a pure shape-like level without noticeable CPU drop).
It's so nice to optimize code, letting the games work even on a Pentium 2 (that's why the rendering IS interesting - I did not say it isnt), as a configurable option in the MENU 'quality settings'.
PS: by the way, a new P4 3.0 processor (BOX edition) is less than $12 nowadays. So P3, P2...only for museum (but I have a P3!)

Well...for about the shapes, consider using a less curve version of the shapes. Its really easy to do that. Not just using optimize function in flash (coz it mangles up the shape sometimes), but redrawing by scratch, using pen tool. He can even use a less quality one (say, a solid color ground), then he can improve it over time. Or he can use my ground version, adapted from Playshapes (the sum of each inner shape/movie clip has less than 200 curves). Its compatible with Bowser Castle because it used its ground as a base.

So you can put the reworked sand image in the front of the reworked grass, in places that the gamer will see them. This will let the visible grass walkway (a large horizontal grass path area) with less than 1200 curves total!
grass textures.fla
(22.45 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

In Playshapes version of each ground object, the sum of the parts yelds more than 1300 curves! In those pictures, we are seeing four ground objects. A total of 5200 curves at the same time! Thats because the hidden sand is also rendered! These kill performance :/

1.jpg
1.jpg (35.1 KiB) Viewed 235054 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (30.86 KiB) Viewed 235054 times

3.jpg
3.jpg (30.07 KiB) Viewed 235054 times

4.jpg
4.jpg (20.65 KiB) Viewed 235054 times
Ivan-Aedler

Postby SloppyJoe403 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:04 am

YES! Thank you very much for picking this up!
SloppyJoe403

Next

Return to Flash Projects