Trunks's Q and A for the Area52/updates

Home of the Area 52 project.

Trunks's Q and A for the Area52/updates

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:09 am

Ask me shit, I'll answer it to the best of my ability if I can, as well as let you all know when something worth while happens on the developer boards.

Things not to ask: When is the game coming out, you all know what happens if you do that.

Asking for screen shots: Can't give you any, that'll be ptoon-t's choice, not mine.

Asking anything about action script 3 or the game engine: because I don't understand it either.

Asking for major spoilers like how the game ends or what new secret characters we have: they are secret characters, if i tell you they arn't really a secret anymore now are they?

I'll update this if need be, but that should cover it all. Here goes my free time...
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Re: Trunks's Q and A for the LoK/updates

Postby Kira » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 am

Servus together and greetings from Europe.
My question(s):
Will there be more lesbian scenes? And about this 'secret characters': I'm sorry, I have not understood it properly :D Do you mean like this whole thing with Link and Peach or as alternative, playable characters? I hope that wouldn't reveal too much.
Kira
Newly Registered

Postby toddymon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 pm

okay i know they are spotted here and there throughout the forum by what can we expect in terms of the HUD? and if the morality system is fully incorporated what kind of things will effect it?
toddymon

Postby Blaze » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Will there be any unlocking; for example completing a task or a bonus task gets you a new costume; or unlocks a new area with sex scenes; or an item which can give you new scenes like the ditto dildo?

Are the old animations going to made smoother or simply better?

Also is there any statistics which planned to be met for 0.3 like how many sex scenes are there, how many area screens, number of different characters; (male liz, female, etc)?
Blaze

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:14 pm

toddymon Wrote:okay i know they are spotted here and there throughout the forum by what can we expect in terms of the HUD? and if the morality system is fully incorporated what kind of things will effect it?

The HUD is a bit of a grey area right now. Kal had started work on the HUD and then it turned into a talk of what gameplay mechanics would be in place, so appropriate changes never took place, and I'm not sure what ptoon-t plans to do in terms of a HUD. Morality should be in effect for 0.3 and mostly your choices to certain situations will be what effects it. I've tried to add at least three options that go form innocent, neutral, and slutty so you know which way your morality will go with the choices.

Blaze Wrote:Will there be any unlocking; for example completing a task or a bonus task gets you a new costume; or unlocks a new area with sex scenes; or an item which can give you new scenes like the ditto dildo?

Are the old animations going to made smoother or simply better?

Also is there any statistics which planned to be met for 0.3 like how many sex scenes are there, how many area screens, number of different characters; (male liz, female, etc)?

Yes there will be unlockable items or at least special one time items like different costumes you can buy from shops, along with, as you said, unlocking outfits from doing certain tasks. Not all items you gain will just be a wardrobe change either, I can't really go into more detail than that.
The old animations i guess you could say will be both, the characters as you know are being redrawn so they have to be reanimated as well, and between eggplants and 3-y we should have a good balance for what will look best for each scene.
I did have a list of rooms and screens and scenes for what should be in 0.3 but that number can change over the course of time if we decide to add more, by this point though i don't think we will, I already wrote up a decent amount of new content.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Csbears » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:21 pm

The first few questions I'll ask is something that pertains to what you do on the team.

Are we going to have an actual story (Protagonist / Antagonist) with developing characters to relate to and a overall story arc? (possibly building character development over time)

Are the new versions going to be episodic like how HL2 ~tried~ to do it, which will set a pace for the community as well as the developers?

Hypothetically speaking, how far will we able to get story / progression-wise during 0.3 and onwards? IMHO Making segments equal to each other would create a ideal way to really get into and follow the game, did you all plan on doing such a thing?

If any of these questions are a "No Comment" sort of thing I'll know i done struck gold and play nice. :P
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby TAKAsasukexX » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:50 pm

I have just two..... Will their be moor lesbian scenes and more furry wemon like renemon if yo know what I mean Renara ;)
TAKAsasukexX

Postby Nightmenace » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 pm

will some worthy works from the creative corner be included into LoK? (like the renamon-wolf scene i mentioned like months ago XD) or will they just be strictly separate fan projects?
Nightmenace

Postby Mr.Elefant » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:09 am

How are you Trunks?
I'm right 98% of the time.
Who cares about the other 3%.
Mr.Elefant

Postby beazjr090 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:21 am

Will the release of v3 be like a big thing with a countdown near the end or like are you just gonna post a page and release it
beazjr090

Postby Renara » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:54 am

toddymon Wrote:what can we expect in terms of the HUD?

Well we haven't done much on it, but you can rest assured we'll aim to strike a balance between something pretty and informative, but unobtrusive (so you can focus on the action), but as easy to use as possible for quickly getting at items etc. Not an easy set of goals to balance, and we may not get it right first time, but it's one thing we want to have early on so we can eventually get it perfect :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby toddymon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:06 am

i cant remember if there was to be a fighting system incorperated. will we have to do battles at some point in lok?
and if so would the choice of beating the enemy simply by beating him or defeating him through sex also affect morality?

ps. no worries. i trust you guys renara :)
toddymon

Postby Nightmenace » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:45 am

lol i can even answer that one :P yes v0.3 has new artwork and the sharpclaw village is getting all changed up (with the same scenes though i expect) but for v0.4 i have no clue ive just heard that theres going to be LOTS of new content, you should check out "the plan 2.0" thread for some info and just search around cuz theres been a SHITLOAD of people asking about progress and content lately
Nightmenace

Postby toddymon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:57 am

yeah. its becoming a bother. so pease dont ask "when is it coming out" or else we may have to flay you.
toddymon

Postby Nightmenace » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 am

toddymon Wrote:yeah. its becoming a bother. so pease dont ask "when is it coming out" or else we may have to flay you.

ya i think thats the point of this thread lol, trunks has been tellin a lot of people to stop asking lately so i guess he made this to reduce the amount of dumass questions
Nightmenace

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:28 am

I've created a monster, well let's get to it.
Csbears Wrote:The first few questions I'll ask is something that pertains to what you do on the team.

Are we going to have an actual story (Protagonist / Antagonist) with developing characters to relate to and a overall story arc? (possibly building character development over time)

Are the new versions going to be episodic like how HL2 ~tried~ to do it, which will set a pace for the community as well as the developers?

Hypothetically speaking, how far will we able to get story / progression-wise during 0.3 and onwards? IMHO Making segments equal to each other would create a ideal way to really get into and follow the game, did you all plan on doing such a thing?

If any of these questions are a "No Comment" sort of thing I'll know i done struck gold and play nice. :P

Yes, there will be an actual story (there kind of already is, just not very deep yet) Antagonists will be present, Scales for example counts as one, however given this is a sex game, killing them so much as fucking them to resolve conflicts is what will usually happen (maybe not in all cases to keep things unique). I don't know how future releases will be handled, that's up to Ren. 0.3 should end after a new boss battle, and kinda like Rens 0.2 on a cliffhanger note, sorry guys. I'll see if we can have a 'well that's one part of the mission down let's rest up and continue tomarrow' ending for future parts.

TAKAsasukexX Wrote:I have just two..... Will their be moor lesbian scenes and more furry wemon like renemon if yo know what I mean Renara ;)

Yes and Yes

Nightmenace Wrote:will some worthy works from the creative corner be included into LoK? (like the renamon-wolf scene i mentioned like months ago XD) or will they just be strictly separate fan projects?

Most the stuff there is fan work, but there may be some scenes form there we want to include, and full credit will go to the original creators of the scene. (if we forget to give credit remind us and point us towards your original verson because I sure as hell can't remember everything i draw inspiration from.)

Mr.Elefant Wrote:How are you Trunks?

Doing ok, thanks for asking.

beazjr090 Wrote:Will the release of v3 be like a big thing with a countdown near the end or like are you just gonna post a page and release it

This is more a question for Ren, but given how unpredictable our progress is, probably the latter.

toddymon Wrote:i cant remember if there was to be a fighting system incorperated. will we have to do battles at some point in lok?
and if so would the choice of beating the enemy simply by beating him or defeating him through sex also affect morality?

ps. no worries. i trust you guys renara :)

Nope, no battles in the traditional sense (at least not right now, maybe not ever, but none for sure in 0.3).

mike20599 Wrote:So is version 0.30 going to have completely new artwork from pToon-T but mostly lots of changes "under the hood", so to speak? And 0.40 is going to be for new areas and new characters? Do you expect many changes to Sharpclaw village after 0.30?

0.3 will be all new artwork and 'under the hood' with game mechanics as you said, however it will have one or two new characters in the main story, and one completely new area that in it's own right will be fairly large, as well as fleshing out the dark woods that you could count as a new area since they weren't properly developed.

The Sharpclaw village is an interesting case that I can't say much about, but if Ren want's to he can tell you the plan for it. I think I've at least dropped the hint we plan on changing it somehow.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby toddymon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 am

ah thank you trunks.
toddymon

Postby Nightmenace » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 am

trunks2585 Wrote:
Nightmenace Wrote:will some worthy works from the creative corner be included into LoK? (like the renamon-wolf scene i mentioned like months ago XD) or will they just be strictly separate fan projects?

Most the stuff there is fan work, but there may be some scenes form there we want to include, and full credit will go to the original creators of the scene. (if we forget to give credit remind us and point us towards your original verson because I sure as hell can't remember everything i draw inspiration from.)

ya i kinda figured that, its not like the whole samus platformer is gonna be included in there :P oh and also, will the majority of the nintento or video game girls be included in LoK? Or at least some of the popular ones? (for the love of god include rosalina at some point even if its not in v0.3 lol)
Nightmenace

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:10 am

Nightmenace Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:

ya i kinda figured that, its not like the whole samus platformer is gonna be included in there :P oh and also, will the majority of the nintento or video game girls be included in LoK? Or at least some of the popular ones? (for the love of god include rosalina at some point even if its not in v0.3 lol)

We don't know who all we are going to include but the list of characters will be fairly long.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby LaconicWolf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:21 am

What can we expect in terms of gameplay? Will the game still be based entirely on sexual interactions or will you be incorporating elements of platforming and/or puzzle solving?

Also, this ones more for Renara, but how far along is the engine i.e. what systems are working and which ones have yet to be implemented?
LaconicWolf
Newly Registered

Next

Return to Area 52