Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby Seyser Koze » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:49 am

I'm pretty sure those magic rooms will just turn out to be teleporters to let you revisit places you've already been.
Seyser Koze

Postby StarkePT » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:56 am

Seyser Koze Wrote:I'm pretty sure those magic rooms will just turn out to be teleporters to let you revisit places you've already been.

This ^

They're obviously teleporters by how if you follow the girl that drops a medallion when you kill her beast, she disappears.
StarkePT

Postby Darthan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 am

I believe Kita said that they are teleporters and that they will eventually be reactivated.
Darthan

Postby webought » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:08 am

I still wanna kick the Arcane Divisions ass.

I like how the plant scene you smell this nice scent in the air like the plants drugging you, id like to see more of this. For example like an enemy uses some drug to make you extremely aroused on a moments notice to take advantage of you, maybe for a boss or scripted battle or cutscene. That whole drug for more arousal or pleasure concept id like to see more of simply because its part of my fetish but you dont have to im just sounding greedy lol

but other then that my only suggestion is dont ever stop adding on to this game lol
c:<
webought

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm assuming the Lust Wine scene is right up your alley : O
Lucky777

Postby webought » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:52 pm

L-l-l-l-l-l... lust wine? Where. lol

Only characters ive played through are Thyme and Emilia.
c:<
webought

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Alright, sorry about the late responses all. Last quarter before graduation and what not, sooo it's pretty hectic, to say the least. Sooo I haven't quite been working on DLaby as much as I'd like, but slowly... surely, plugging away. Here are some responses!

SquareEnix-
Awesome work! I can send you the hardsaves of the girls if you want, as well as some of the backgrounds I use, if you like. If you could kindly PM me your E-Mail address (which I think needs 10 posts on this forum beforehand, unfortunately), that would be great.

StarkePT-
Yep, that's about a good guess. It takes maybe a day at most to make a cutscene, but refining it and personalizing it for each character takes a couple more. Right now I'm actually kinda stuck as in, I KNOW what will happen in the Arcane Division, it's more like... how to space it properly.

Others-
As far as programming goes, I pretty much only use event-making in RPGVX, no C++ or anything fancy like that (although I have an assistant who is a great help when it comes to scripting these things in the Ruby language).

Donovan0-
Of course! I've got no problem with that, really; I'm honored, heh.

Seyzer Koze-
Yep, those are pretty much just teleportation rooms. The Arcane Division in itself is an entirely new area. Also, as a heads-up, I would recommend saving beforehand or keeping your old saves because... well, yeah. Just in case. >_____> Not to spoil too much.

webought-
Check out the Despair Labyrinth Wiki, they have an H-Scenes guide. The Lust Wine scene is in the Barracks, though your Purity needs to be a certain level; it's unlockable with all characters. http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/H-Events

Anyway, thanks for being such great fans, all, and I will try to get cracking on this once my priorities are out of the way.
Attachments
CescaRedSlimeGirl2.jpg
CescaRedSlimeGirl2.jpg (43.61 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
AsellaRedSlimeGirl4.jpg
AsellaRedSlimeGirl4.jpg (50.59 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Seyser Koze » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:35 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:StarkePT-
Yep, that's about a good guess. It takes maybe a day at most to make a cutscene, but refining it and personalizing it for each character takes a couple more. Right now I'm actually kinda stuck as in, I KNOW what will happen in the Arcane Division, it's more like... how to space it properly.

I know that feeling. I have CGs in my workbench folder that I did back in November for stuff that still won't be happening for a couple of updates.
Seyser Koze

Postby wanted » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 pm

I registered just to compliment the creators of this game ;)
I like the direction It has taken with the variability in dialogues and actions (influenced by the character's type too), etc...Keep going this way, if you can.
The dialogues are written pretty well too.

As my personal preferences that's two or three things that comes into my mind and I'd probably like to see:

- Continue with the variability in encounters, if possible add more (based on the low virtue or the type of character)
- Add more differences between low and high virtue characters (for example let low virtue ones go through an encounter through seduction\submission without having to fight (with dialogues, similar to the lancer guy at the start but deeper) or high virtue ones have bonuses in combat or access to other special encounters)
- Add a touch here and there to differentiate character's types (how they are interacted with and treated in dialogues, what type of "unique" npc they attract, and so on)

That's what makes this game great IMO, the variability within the virtue and character type.
Anyhow great work guys, I'll keep following the progress :)
wanted

Postby KBridget » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Anybody know if he has a walk through available? Looking forward to playing the new update man.
Assume makes an ass out of you and me. So unless you want to get fucked, don't assume.
KBridget

Postby StarkePT » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:36 am

KBridget Wrote:Anybody know if he has a walk through available? Looking forward to playing the new update man.

Errrm, there's a pretty much complete one in the wiki done by me.
StarkePT

Postby threexfates » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:04 am

I really want to play this game but I'm having a problem where as soon as I start my character is walking left and I can't go right :\ If there's some way to fix this please let me know. I've already tried restarting a few times and it hasn't changed anything D:
threexfates
Newly Registered

Postby TheVisitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:10 am

Wow, what an adventure! I never expect much from these small independent projects, but you absolutely blew me away! Calling Dlab a small project doesn't really do it much justice though, because the quality and polish of everything you've done so far reminds me of many handheld games that are sold in stores. The particular style and layout of the world reminds me a lot of the Pokemon games, but yours is way more intricate in terms of story, has a better plot and setting, and is of course more adult :P.

I was surprised by how much detail and personality you put into the dialogues and cutscenes, and the gameplay is pretty fun too. Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next release!
TheVisitor
Newly Registered

Postby SquareEnix » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 am

Oh hey you answered! Sweet!
I don't know if I could still help you because I somehow fcked up the guy* And now can only make him a blue fat guy with visible penis and an orc. I'm super sad and don't know how to fix it. If you would pm your email address? I don't know if it works like that, And send me the hard saves I could get to work. Just tell me what girl and what kinda scene you want and I'll try to finish it as soon as possible. Oh and if you know how to fix my invisiguy to a normal guy with normal penis would be great. I tried deleting all the male body TAHS I have to get him to default but fatso is all I can get. Maybe if I can't figure it out, I could do many orc and fat guy scenes for you hahaha. Oh and could you also tell me the right crop and such I need to fit the entire screen?
SquareEnix
Newly Registered

Postby moonblack » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:29 pm

threexfates Wrote:I really want to play this game but I'm having a problem where as soon as I start my character is walking left and I can't go right :\ If there's some way to fix this please let me know. I've already tried restarting a few times and it hasn't changed anything D:

That's a problem with RPG Maker. People usually fix it by restarting their PC. Have you tried that (simply restarting the game is not enough)?
moonblack

Postby StarkePT » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:03 pm

SquareEnix Wrote:Oh hey you answered! Sweet!
I don't know if I could still help you because I somehow fcked up the guy* And now can only make him a blue fat guy with visible penis and an orc. I'm super sad and don't know how to fix it. If you would pm your email address? I don't know if it works like that, And send me the hard saves I could get to work. Just tell me what girl and what kinda scene you want and I'll try to finish it as soon as possible. Oh and if you know how to fix my invisiguy to a normal guy with normal penis would be great. I tried deleting all the male body TAHS I have to get him to default but fatso is all I can get. Maybe if I can't figure it out, I could do many orc and fat guy scenes for you hahaha. Oh and could you also tell me the right crop and such I need to fit the entire screen?

You're NOT deleting all the males, if you're getting orc and fat guy, make sure you delete ALL of them until you get default.
StarkePT

Postby roger911 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:13 am

Not too shabby for an rpg maker game, can't wait to see it when it's done.
roger911
Newly Registered

Postby grip » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am

hi i new here. i got question, well you put cuff and collar and enslavement of characters in game.
grip
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:38 am

Alright. Sorry about the slow responses.
TheVisitor-
Thanks, I appreciate the support!

threexfates-
Mm, controls are a common problem for RPGVX, as I definitely know it's not a coding issue. Typically you might want to try a different keyboard, as some inputs tend to clash with VX in general.
Here's a thread that might help: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php ... m-to-work/

SquareEnix-
Sure thing, I'll be sure to do that. As far as the male mods, well, I'll admit, the 3DCG thing can be a nightmare sometimes. So it's best to rename all the male mods you find and not start dumping a bunch of mods into the arcs folder haphazardly. Generally, many male mods will start with "!" or "MAN_" so categorize them in alphabetical order and start by removing those. Although that isn't a foolproof way to get all the mods out of there, it's a good place to start. I know I usually use MAN_S to turn the weird stick into an actual penis on the blue guy, then swap it out with any other male mod I need at the time, all of which start with MAN_ so I know where to look.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby powerofvoid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:10 pm

This seems like an interesting game that I'd like to play, but I run linux, and while WINE is (now) compatible with RPGMaker VX games, it is currently unable to process .rgss* bundles (in this case, Game.rgss2a). Would it be possible to get a version of the game that is uncompressed, similar to http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2283?
powerofvoid

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner