Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:20 pm

For the record, I also thought it was a question as to what C++ was.
Lucky777

Postby mando » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:48 pm

SpectralTime Wrote:C++ is a programming language. Presumably, the one used in RPGMaker.

RPGMaker uses Ruby.
mando

Postby SquareEnix » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey! I just got 3dcg and I'm playing around with the pose edit. I'm not very good, but I would really like to help you with this game if it's story or pose wise! All I need is some of the armour for the girls you use and some info and I can get to workin.

Oh and I also attached a small preview of a footjob I made >.<
Attachments
Foot.png
Foot.png (265.85 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
SquareEnix
Newly Registered

Postby StarkePT » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:53 am

SpectralTime Wrote:Okay then. Sorry. I don't pretend to know everything about you, you know.

lol, I just asked what does anything have to do with C++, the fact that I know what C is doesn't invalidate the fact that C has nothing to do with the case xD

mando Wrote:
SpectralTime Wrote:C++ is a programming language. Presumably, the one used in RPGMaker.

RPGMaker uses Ruby.

And C++

I think it depends on the version.
StarkePT

Postby Rakarth » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 am

All I'm saying is I know the pain of creating programs..... Even though I mostly use C++, I'm not really familiar with RPG maker stuff at all.
Rakarth

Postby StarkePT » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 am

Rakarth Wrote:All I'm saying is I know the pain of creating programs..... Even though I mostly use C++, I'm not really familiar with RPG maker stuff at all.

Wrong account, but yeah, analyzing what KITA does, I'd say the mapping takes like 1 hour to make (lol seriously, it's inside a dungeon, all he needs is an idea and bam!), the h-scenes another hour (the graphic side, he just needs to make it for one person and then hit two keys, actually, a key and a click), and the scripting... Well, it probably takes another hour since the game is not that much scripting intensive and you only have one/possible two characters at the moment. Now... WRITING THE HENTAI SCENES? that's probably where he gets overwhelmed, KITA has first class writing skills which probably take some inspiration to make.
StarkePT

Postby Raindrops » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:14 am

Any programming language is not easy but RPG Maker makes it easier to create RPG games. But it's still not easy, especially implementing scenes.
My hentai game's thread: http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=2355
Blog of my Hentai game "Emmerzail": http://emmerzail.blogspot.com/

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/raindrops?ty=h
Raindrops

Postby StarkePT » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:18 am

Raindrops Wrote:Any programming language is not easy but RPG Maker makes it easier to create RPG games. But it's still not easy, especially implementing scenes.

Yeah but like any other language, once you get the jist of it its trivial.
StarkePT

Postby Darthan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:30 am

StarkePT Wrote:Yeah but like any other language, once you get the jist of it its trivial.

The nice thing about RPGMaker is that you really don't need to know Ruby (as is the case with VX and Ace) or C++ (XP and older I think, not completely sure). Most stuff can be done with what you start with and luckily most all you need to actually script can be found online done by people that know the language well and are willing to share their work.

Also, Kita, do you remember what the name of the mod you used for the tentacle golem thing was called? I am pretty sure that I have it I am just hoping that I can save the work of having to sort though over 5000 mods to find the one I want.
Darthan

Postby Seyser Koze » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:57 am

I think it's called Jennifer. I remember it was tagged as a guro mod in the catalog sites.

EDIT: mod0112.
Seyser Koze

Postby Darthan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:29 am

Seyser Koze Wrote:I think it's called Jennifer. I remember it was tagged as a guro mod in the catalog sites.

EDIT: mod0112.

Doesn't look like that is the one, guess I will just wait for Kita if I don't find it myself first.

Also, catalog sites? Are any of these in English and at least fairly complete?
Darthan

Postby Seyser Koze » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 am

Nope, JP only.
Seyser Koze

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 am

Lol...
The mod with the tentacle guy in it should be mod0536.

Anyway, creating a map and eventing is actually pretty simple; it's rarely that which takes up any significant amount of time. I've really just been busy between work, school, and other things, but I do plug away at DLaby when I can (though admittedly not daily as I had been able to in the past). Really, the hardest part about doing DLaby is that any kind of event I do want to make, has to essentially be done over eight times, remember that, as I have to account for a large number of main characters. There's also the writing and proofreading I suppose, though while I could probably make two H-scenes in a day (via RP and the like), tossing one back and forth for review does take a certain amount of time with the lag between me and the proofreaders, and so on. I've been debating just saying eff it and just submitting all rough drafts, but the problem is, if I want to make revisions in the future, guess what... gotta do it 8 times, again. One main character in itself is relatively easy, but eight can be a hassle, even if the changes are seemingly minute between each one. However, with the way I've planned things, I can't simply stop now. If I go on with just Emilia, people will want to see Lanie in the same situation and so on.

At any rate, I'll keep you guys updated when I've made any serious progress, as right now it's just minor stuff for the most part.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Donovan0 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Hey KITAmaru!

This might sound out of context, but anyway..
I'm working on a RAGS game and at some point, one of the npc can be found playing Despair.

So, I wanted to ask you, if it's ok with you.

If you wanna know more, let me know.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers!
Sam

(yeah having to create the ''same'' scenes over and over can be annoying... even though we know we just have too.)
Donovan0
Newly Registered

Postby Darthan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:04 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Lol...

Well crud, seems my mod folder only goes up to mod0313. Guess I will have to do some searching and try to find that one. Thanks Kita.
Edit: Found it. Thanks again Kita.

Seyser Koze Wrote:Nope, JP only.

Why am I not surprised...oh well.
Edit: Woohoo, managed to find and English mod catalog that actually seems to be complete, well pretty damn close at least from what I can see.
Darthan

Postby Raindrops » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 am

KITAmaru Wrote:
Anyway, creating a map and eventing is actually pretty simple; it's rarely that which takes up any significant amount of time. I've really just been busy between work, school, and other things, but I do plug away at DLaby when I can (though admittedly not daily as I had been able to in the past).

Yeah. I understand. I have exams this week so I've been busy too and can only manage to create one scene a day for my game.
My hentai game's thread: http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=2355
Blog of my Hentai game "Emmerzail": http://emmerzail.blogspot.com/

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/raindrops?ty=h
Raindrops

Postby webought » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:56 am

I wanna kick the Arcane Division's ass already lol

Magical orgy, *excited*
c:<
webought

Postby tootoo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:30 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Lol...

Anyway, creating a map and eventing is actually pretty simple; it's rarely that which takes up any significant amount of time. I've really just been busy between work, school, and other things, but I do plug away at DLaby when I can (though admittedly not daily as I had been able to in the past). Really, the hardest part about doing DLaby is that any kind of event I do want to make, has to essentially be done over eight times, remember that, as I have to account for a large number of main characters. There's also the writing and proofreading I suppose, though while I could probably make two H-scenes in a day (via RP and the like), tossing one back and forth for review does take a certain amount of time with the lag between me and the proofreaders, and so on. I've been debating just saying eff it and just submitting all rough drafts, but the problem is, if I want to make revisions in the future, guess what... gotta do it 8 times, again. One main character in itself is relatively easy, but eight can be a hassle, even if the changes are seemingly minute between each one. However, with the way I've planned things, I can't simply stop now. If I go on with just Emilia, people will want to see Lanie in the same situation and so on.

At any rate, I'll keep you guys updated when I've made any serious progress, as right now it's just minor stuff for the most part.

This is really sad, i thought DL will be somesthing like Violated Heroine, but with this mood i dont think you gonna finish it. My suggestion is to keep 1-2 characther and drop others. I know you do a lot of work and it will be hard to drop them, but doing pretty much same stuff 8 times is boring. From other side, as player, i dont really want play 8 times to see all h-scenes, it will be better if there was more content. It will be more fun to you and players(not just for me? :) ). Dont get me wrong, but with this mood you will drop it soon or later. Its not your job, its not like you must to do it or you get fired, when it no fun, you dont want do it. Sorry for my English.
tootoo
Newly Registered

Postby phoenyxz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Agreed :twisted: nothing better to raise up the spirits than kick some mages arsses :twisted: and we get in shot with the vampires or zombies extra fun and blood lust :twisted:
phoenyxz

Postby webought » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 pm

those dam magic rooms always excitin' me just to find out the magic was remotely disabled, oh yea I wanna kick the arcane divisions ass bad, then I wanna rape them with the Mistress's strap-on Dominatrix outfit attachment bwuahaahahaha :3
c:<
webought

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner