Emmerzail: RPG Maker VX Hentai Game (Updated: Nov 21st 2021)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Emmerzail: RPG Maker VX Hentai Game

Postby SpectralTime » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Comments, written as I go.

Well, that was... an opening. A few comments before we get to the title screen:

First, your story's pretty good. I am interested in its outcome, despite my utter distaste for the subject matter.

Second, your art's... interesting. I actually thought the modified sprites after the sex scene looked better than the hand-drawn stuff, but... well, I can tell you at least put effort into it, and thus can't badmouth it TOO badly. In particular, the sex-torture was sufficiently horrific and disturbing... which, come to think, I hope was the right reaction.

Third, you need a text editor like no one's business. I'm not necessarily offering, but I'd just like to say that you seem to be averaging at least one grammatical error every sentence.

Fourth... I really hope we were supposed to hate the titular character and not find him the least bit "cool" or appealing, because that's the only reaction he's been able to stir out of me so far: a general exclamation of "What a DICK!" And not in a good, anatomical way.

Fifth, it was LOOOOONG, especially if I've got to sit and play through it every time I try a new character, something which I might do if they're really different and interesting.

Sixth... I usually like to use a peripheral gamepad along with my RPGMaker games, but nonetheless, I appreciate the addition of a list of controls. Not every player's a grizzled veteran after all.

Seventh, despite your grammatical problems, I enjoy the writing, especially how Sera's got something to say about everything she picks up. So far, I haven't gotten an INCREDIBLE handle on her personality, but she's still hardly bland.

Gotta go get a haircut. Might be back later.
SpectralTime

Postby cookie jar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:57 pm

First off, i'd like to say this looks pretty interesting. Took the time to play all three characters as far as they can get and the storylines are very well thought through mostly.

The Artwork looks interesting an i think you can actually see where you got your inspiration from for your style. Basically the only question concerning the art i have is: Do you plan to colourize all your artwork in the end? Or is the mix of black and white, coloured and semi coloured intended?

In additon i don't believe i spotted any bugs. So yay! :D for you on that front. (Do we have a thumps up smiley?)

There are however a few things that might need some work.

Like SpectralTime already pointed out, there are quite a lot spelling and grammar mistakes.

Another thing concerns balancing and/or tedious, repetitive tasks. Long bossfight's are something i can live with if they still keep interesting. But there was one other thing that "really annoyed" me. :evil: So to speak.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I'm not sure if somethin like that is possible, but you might want to reduce the frequeny by which the mermaids use their confusion. Or reduce how long the effect lasts. It really kills the fun if you lose controll of most of your characters for most of a given encounter. Maybe it was bad luck on my part but about 80% of the fights against multiple mermaids i had only one active character. Sometimes not even that. On more than one occasion all three of them were affected so i had to sit there and wait until i got to do something again.
The other thing is the number of waves. You have your own characters asking if there is no end to their number and that is exactly what it feels like. Even if you mix the various mermaids it's still basically the same over and over.

A gallery would be a nice thing, but that has already been adressed, even with an offer for help from raziel321.

And i'm not sure wether i overlooked something regarding the screenshot function, but ist doesn't seem to work yet. Or maybe i actually did find a bug despite what i wrote earlier. ;)
However if you indeed implement a gallery, that might be obsolete anyway.

All in all however this looks like a promising start for an interesting game, so keep up the good work. :)
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby sharkattack48 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:45 am

Schramm Wrote:
sharkattack48 Wrote:Every time I try to open the game a message pops up saying "RGSS202E.dll could not be found", anyone have any advice or help?

Have you downloaded the RPG Maker VX RTP? You need to do this to get most RPG Maker games to work

Also You can get onto the FileFactory Mirror by going onto his blog and clicking on the link from there

It only loads the basic HTML for me but thats still better than nothing, no?

Will be back with my take on it soon :)

EDIT:: argh, screw it, FileFactory started fucking with me halfway through the download, I think ill give this one a miss unless another mirror appears

Yeah, I have ACE downloaded but the same message just keeps coming up.
sharkattack48
Newly Registered

Postby Raindrops » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 am

Thx for playing and feedback. I won't color all artworks (I surprisingly met someone who suggests me to give up color and stick to white black and grey shades. O.O)
My drawing style is inspired from Naruto yeah. XD

@Cookie Jar: Yeah Mermaids are really pain in the ass. I gotta decrease the attack rating of Temptation Song in the next version.

And WHY MUST I WAIT FOR HOURS OR EVEN AN ENTIRE DAY BEFORE I CAN ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING HERE??? DX

Yeah I gotta fix some spelling errors. But it's too many dialogues already. I might need help finding the spelling and grammar errors.

@SpectralTime: Which titular character are you referring to?

@Zeus Kabob: Well Lynn's level is lower than Sonja (Sonja is a former General. Of course she is more powerful).
My hentai game's thread: http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=2355
Blog of my Hentai game "Emmerzail": http://emmerzail.blogspot.com/

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/raindrops?ty=h
Raindrops

Postby SpectralTime » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:04 am

Continuing comments.

Huh... pretty cool save interface.

"The kind of person you hate most?" You and me both, sister. I reckon Sera and I will get along just fine.

Erik's evil. I'm calling it right now. He's got three girls all falling over him in a game where one character's going to end up being an incubus, and his "eeeeevil" sneers and facial portraits aren't helping.

That said, I'm wondering. How're he and his sister blonde if their father was a turnip-head and their mother was blue? Daemon-taint? I mean, I KNOW you can recolor, considering, well, Sera's existance.

Okay, took a poop break and accidentally saw the "Opening." Comments about it below, but I will preface with the statement that I am suddenly pretty sure that this isn't my kind of game.

I liked the way it was arranged, with unusual music I've never heard before and interesting graphic effects. Once again, your modified "nude sprites" were easily the highlight of the artwork, meaning no offense.

I hate Emmerwazit like fifty times more now. If one of the girls ends up killing him, having her recite his unbelievably hypocritical speech about thinking he could treat other sentient creatures like his own perverse playthings would be immensely satisfying. To be honest, having mistaken the genre of the game at first, I rather thought that that was exactly what was happening.

I mean, sure, he's a fine villain, easy to hate and at least kinda interesting, like the Joker, but, like the Joker... you don't really feel like rooting for him. You just want to see Batman punch him in the dick. And, no offense, but I didn't exactly see any Batmen in the opening credits. Lots of "Generic Rapist Dudes," the odd orc, but no Batmen. *sigh*

Finally... I don't think there's much here for me. The plot is intriguing, despite its grammatical problems, but... Look, I got too into Seyzer's Elysium game, and as much as I enjoyed it and kinda hope for more, I can't help but feel that the story as a whole (which DOES offer you the chance to be LESS of a dick) has severe problems with the motivations hero helping the army of evil rape demons take over the world if he's not evil himself.

On the one hand, I believe you have bypassed this problem by simply removing the choice of whether or not to be evil: you DO. That's not WRONG in and of itself, and I don't feel that your story is objectively worse for doing so. I just feel that, in doing so, you have ALSO removed the elements that might appeal to ME, specifically.

I like being the good guy. I like helping people and making the world a better place in my RPGs. Also, I don't hate women, and watching them being abused and "broken" gives me not one whit of gratification.

...So, yeah. Sorry, but I don't think I'll be continuing. I've got a job interview tomorrow, and the last thing I need is an evil-path game churning in my guts like bad ethnic cooking. Good luck on the difficult path of making a game, but, failing some persuasive soul, I don't think I'll be joining you. It's... just not my taste.
SpectralTime

Postby sharkattack48 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:58 am

Have you downloaded the RPG Maker VX RTP? You need to do this to get most RPG Maker games to work

Also You can get onto the FileFactory Mirror by going onto his blog and clicking on the link from there

It only loads the basic HTML for me but thats still better than nothing, no?

Will be back with my take on it soon :)

EDIT:: argh, screw it, FileFactory started fucking with me halfway through the download, I think ill give this one a miss unless another mirror appears[/quote]

I have RPG Maker VX Ace installed but the same message keeps coming up, is there a way to use RPG Maker directly to open it or...?
sharkattack48
Newly Registered

Postby BlueBody » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 am

Is it just me, or did Lynn's Path seem like it got a lot more attention? I feel like Sera's Path was considerably shorter.... Not sure, tbh.

None of SpectralTime's arguments are false. But in my opinion, your game is really good for a small project by one person.

Also, you're the creator of this game. YOU decide how much leeway the main characters get to be in terms of how evil they become, or maybe how good they can become. You already have the setup, and I think Spectral jumped the gun in judging the game in terms of pathways since we clearly haven't anything yet! (I am hoping that you back me up here and plan to release loads more content! :D )

Character design, and other typos, minor details can be ironed out later.

---
As far as my own criticism goes, I can only say that the other two besides Lynn needs more content. Otherwise, bring on the awesomeness!
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby cookie jar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 am

Hm, given what you wrote so far i have to ask, SpectraTime, did you play all 3 paths to the current ending?

A lot of information is "hidden" in Lynn's Path because it ist by far the one with the most progress so far. I don't want to spoil too much and i don't say you would definitely change your mind on certain aspects of the game. But i do believe it might actually happen if you played Lynn's path. At least to certain degrees.

I have the feeling that at least in the current version of the game, you get to make one "moral choice" when you decide which character you use. Although the information in Lynn's path clearly shows that this is at least partially temporary at best. ;)

Blast, this is difficult do write without spoiling too much. :? Just play Lynn's path completely. ;)

For people like SpectralTime it might help to add a little more or different forecast about the characters in the intro instead of the teasers currently in it. Though i guess this would take quite a lot of additional work, so you might go an easier way and include something like that in a readme file. However how to do this without giving away too much information about the plot i have to admit is beyond me. :(
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby SpectralTime » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Which titular character are you referring to?

The one in the title, namely, Emmerzail.

Dude's an unlikable dick.

None of SpectralTime's arguments are false. But in my opinion, your game is really good for a small project by one person.

Now hoooooold yer dang horses. I went out of my way to make clear that the quality of the game itself was not the reason I was dropping it. Rather, it was the sneaking suspicion that, given the sheer number of violent gang-bangs and fifty-eight-somes in the opening preview, that I might lie outside the target audience.

Hm, given what you wrote so far i have to ask, SpectraTime, did you play all 3 paths to the current ending?

As I made clear in the post itself: no. I saw the opening sequence and was scared off. However, I wasn't too fond of Lynn's character before, and I doubt I'll like her much more when she's completed, to quote one of the other dudes in this topic,

[her] transformation from princess to whore

It's not that I feel the game is bad, just that, if Emmerwhatzit's the main character instead of the main villain, and if the opening sequence is a decent preview of the rest of the game, then... I might just be outside the target audience.
SpectralTime

Postby Schramm » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:45 pm

*sighs* was a fucking epic, but I have finally managed to download it.

My first thoughts on this:

Mostly what @SpectralTime (apart from the stuff about the artwork, I happen to like it)

I agree, Emmerzail is a dick, however this dosent particuarly bother me too much as I'm not playing as him but I can see why you dont like this and hey, each to their own

Maybe a skip button for the into? It is ridiculously long

Not played it all yet but Sera's plan to bet into the brothel seems a bit odd to me... couldnt she just disguise herself and offer to work I mean, its not like the whole scene at the hotel is inconspicuous is it? Still, it sets the scene for a nice bit of pronz, so I shouldnt moan too much
Other than that, i feel she is going to burst out into an evil laugh at any point "Then I can whore in the brothel to my hearts content. MUWAHAHAHAHAhAHAhAHA!!!" (not necacarily a bad thing)
that could just be me though

So yeah, while the storyline is good, I feel the writing could do with some more work (If you want anyone to go over it i'd be happy to help :P)

Other than that, i reckon this has a lot of potential
Songwriter looking for projects to be involved in, Please PM me if you are interested or check out some of my work here
Kelt Wrote: “If you were a centaur, I’d recommend suicide. Since you’re human, I’d say your best option is to fuck off.”
Schramm

Postby Darthan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:37 pm

sharkattack48 Wrote:Yeah, I have ACE downloaded but the same message just keeps coming up.

And there is your problem. This is an RPG Maker VX game not and RPG Maker VX ACE game. Since you are using the ACE RTP it will not work, you need the VX RTP. They are two different RTPs and are not compatible with each other. VX games need the VX RTP and ACE games need the ACE RTp.
Darthan

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:00 pm

If Emmerzail's the main character and we get him to succeed, count me in.

If we get him to fail, count me the fuck out.

After you get 10 posts so editing the first post doesn't make the thread disappear, you might wanna mention which it is in the first post so peeps don't get their feathers ruffled.
It's not that I give a damn about Speccy-types' feathers, I'm mostly concerned about my own.

I'd check it out myself right now, but my schedule's become a bit brutal.

Mebbe this weekend.
Lucky777

Postby YSlayer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:20 am

This finally got me to stop lurking and make an account. Anyway i like the game so far. Iv played through Lynn and Alice's paths.

I really like the combat especially the golden sun style unleashes near the end of Lynn's path. You NEED save points in the middle of the mermaid fights. I lost on the boss the first time because i got unlucky with confusion and it was not fun refighting those 9 or so battles to retry. Also i personally think their songs shouldn't do any damage. I will say that it was nice to be able to use the songs against enemies after that.

It feels like the game is balanced with preserving MP through multiple fights in mind but you have so many battles that recover full MP after winning that its usually fine to just spam your highest cost stuff every battle.

You only have to play the intro once btw. Just save when it prompts you to at the end and dont save over that one. Then load it up to choose a new path.

Id like it to prioritize new customers in the brothel. I got the same guy a bunch of times in a row and it turns out i hadn't seen all the customers yet. Maybe even put in an option to pass on the customer after you find out who it is. It would also be cool if you changed the dialog for repeat encounters.Its a little odd for the guy to be claiming its been a long time since he had sex with a girl when you've slept with him personally 5 times already. Poor guy though. No matter how many times he tells his story Lynn never listens.

As others have mentioned Lynn's personality transformation is very abrupt. Now im willing to believe that it happened in between the intro and beginning of her path but it would be nice if you touched on it a little bit. Its not even the princess to slut thing. Its more the spoiled brat to a very kind and considerate person overnight with no explanation. I know if you go to that useless village she is still a brat (even after she becomes nice) but for the most part its glossed right over. Speaking of after the intro how did Lynn manage to run away from the bandit camp? Shouldn't she have been too weakened like Alice?

I actually enjoyed the fights as different characters. It showed you the moves you might have down the line like doppelganger and rend.

Emmerzail is not the main character as of the current build. He was set up to be the main villain but honestly the other villains seem more important than he does. Not that i really mind if it focuses on the other bad guys (they have a pretty good dynamic although jekins reminds me of kefka from FF6. I will feel psychic if he is the final boss) but for a title character he seemed to be pretty unimportant. Granted i havent played Sera's route which is probly more about Emmerzail but i dont think he shows up once in Alice's path except to mess with her head once or twice.

I really like Dreadfilt and his interactions with Alice. Considering how slutty the girls become it seems a little weird that they harbor a grudge against him. I hope he stays important throughout the story.

Those orcs are so nice... except that part where that one raped a girl to death and presumably tried to do the same thing to you. Thats kinda glossed right over when you get to the village.

I had a little trouble with Alice's motive for fighting. When she gets raped she enjoys it and it makes her stronger and weakens her opponent. Sounds like no down side to me.

As mentioned by others there are a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes but none so bad that i was confused.

I did encounter a few glitches. In the screen where you first see Jekins in Lynn's route you can walk through one of the mountain tiles into the mountain. Luckily you cant get stuck or walk off screen so its pretty harmless. There was also that house that someone else mentioned with a similar tile you could walk through. Again harmless. I ended up permanently having the naked sprite when i used the brothel after its quest line was over. I dont know if it was a glitch but it sure was nice and i would have missed it if i didn't go back there to see if there was a threesome scene with the exhibitionist girl. To be more specific normally i ended up in a room in the right screen of the brothel after sex and was naked. When i left the room i would see the sprite change from naked to clothed. After getting the other girl to work there you never end up in that other room and instead just end up in front of the owner still naked. Absolutely no dialog changes when you talk to people naked and you can still flash people (the pub owner and that guy in the restaurant) and the picture still shows you with clothes on. That made me think it was glitch. If it is though please dont remove it. She ends up putting her clothes back on during the boat part.

I dont really understand why you would be annoyed about not being the good guy when you are in fact a good guy. So far Lynn and Alice dont have an evil path and Sera might not either.

It would be great if you hid some items around town even if its just potions or stuff. I have to press A on everything in case there is a secret somewhere and i was kinda sad that i never found anything (although it did lead me to find those out of the map spots).

So far i think your game is excellent. I really like the story and the combat. The way you weave their paths together is very nice and you got me thinking of all the ways it could play out.
YSlayer

Postby Raindrops » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 am

@SpectralTime: Alice and Erik's parents aren't shown yet. It is made CLEAR that Aldrinn and Sonja IS SERA's parents and thus, Sera has her father's green hair.
Thx for comments though. I appreciate any comments, even negative ones.

The game actually has alignment system which could decide what the character could become, Good or Evil; and it is controlled by some moral choice, eg: Lynn's route choices in the Truth Within Darkness wrether to say Yes or No to her grandfather, Nosferatu.

The heroines could be a saviour or an evil being depending on the alignment.

@Lucky777: Sera's route has very close connection to Emmerzail (As you can see, his flashbacks only appear in Sera's Route; those will explain why Emmerzail becomes what he is now.) Depending on the alignment of Sera, Emmerzail can either have a change of heart or remain evil.

@Schramm: There are a lot of ppl from Magician's Guild who knows Sera in the city and if they know that she is whoring by her own free will, they might suspect her something and if The Church noticed, she will be suspected a Succubus and will be hunted. She must pretend to be blackmailed by Grinsieg to maintain appearance as someone who is not connected to Demons so the Church won't bother her. Grinsieg has quite some power in the city (Even has the Town Mayor's support because he is providing comfort women for the Town Guards in times of crisis. He also bribes the officials to keep his crimes hidden) so even the Magician's Guild won't attack him.

@BlueBody: Well because I started Lynn's Route first. But don't worry though. I'll add more contents for the other routes.

You can skip intro by pressing ANY button. If it doesn't work on you I dunno cuz it works perfectly here.

Raindrops

Postby Raindrops » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 am

@SpectralTime: you just doesn't like evil path, don't you? But you can play Good Path (By choosing good choices. But Sera's route will ALWAYS start off as evil though because she was still Emmerzail dominant personality).

SPOILER: I'm considering to make Emmerzail's (extra) route. But that will be implemented after the Orsia Arc is complete (after all three routes have reached Orsia.)

Raindrops

Postby BlueBody » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:If Emmerzail's the main character and we get him to succeed, count me in.

After you get 10 posts so editing the first post doesn't make the thread disappear, you might wanna mention which it is in the first post so peeps don't get their feathers ruffled.
It's not that I give a damn about Speccy-types' feathers, I'm mostly concerned about my own.

Mebbe this weekend.
I think your categorizations are too narrow >_<

Also, he's only 1/2 of 1/3 of the main characters.... there are 3 paths to play. I'd advise playing in the order given to you, but you can skip around too.

Sometimes, he wins, sometimes he loses. We don't get to kill him or crown him, so, I guess you'll just have to be on the fence about this one =/
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby Schramm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Finished playing it through now so here are my thoughts on the rest of it:

The maps could do with a bit of cleaning up, stairs that you cant go up for no reason and corridors that you are not able to go down seems a bit tacky
Dem sailor puns..... :twisted:
Is it me or does the spelling get a bit better later on in the game?
Some of the things the characters say seem a bit strange e.g. "You can cry on my chest now" I cant see anyone saying that, no matter what universe they are in
There are some other things too that I cant remember now so I'll probably come along again shortly with some more things

Still, I've enjoyed it overall so far so I'm definatly going to stick around
Songwriter looking for projects to be involved in, Please PM me if you are interested or check out some of my work here
Kelt Wrote: “If you were a centaur, I’d recommend suicide. Since you’re human, I’d say your best option is to fuck off.”
Schramm

Postby SpectralTime » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 am

If Emmerzail's the main character and we get him to succeed, count me in.

[...]

Mebbe this weekend.

...So... You're... making this judgement entirely on the assumption that you'll like something I... don't like?

...I'm not sure if that's flattering, or just more proof of what a tiresome little tosser I really am about these sorts of things...
SpectralTime

Postby Raindrops » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:02 am

@YSlayer: Thx for playing and thx for feedback and bug reports.

@Schramm: Are you referring to stairs in the brothel in Lynn's route and Bordello in Sera's route? And which corridors you're unable to go down?

For stairs in brothels, the 2nd floors is currently unimplemented. Next versions should have new contents in the brothels.

Raindrops

Postby SpectralTime » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 am

...GAAAAH! YOUR UNTIL-NOW HIDDEN REASONABLE AND CONCILIATORY COMMENTS TOWARDS MY PREVIOUS STATEMENTS RENDER ME ASHAMED AND HALF-WILLING TO PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also, it's not like I hate the Evil Path and everyone and everything on it or anything. After all, I don't hate Lucky, and I wish him only the best. It's just that the Evil Path isn't my personal preference, and, from the opening credits and the few comments I'd gleaned from the other forum-goers, I'd gleaned that there wasn't really an alignment system or Good Path.

And, well... not hating the Evil Path and wanting to experience it are two different things altogether. I was careful to never once state the objective quality of the game was lowered as a result of such a design choice, just that it neatly cut of my personal reasons for playing it.

...Finally, I'm not sure I'd really want to save Emmerzail, from what little I've seen of him. Dude looks and acts, in the opening and the introductory scene, like a hypocritical woman-beating dickhead, like Alucard with an annoyingly-self-righteous streak and without an Integra to yank the chain around his balls every once in a while, and Alucard was barely tolerable at it stands with someone else to keep his egotistical dick-faced-ness in line.

...That said, I'll probably at least give it a try now, eventually. I've finally gotten a job, and I need to put in some work on it. Thank you for your honest response, Raindrops, and even if I end up disliking your game for one reason or another, know that it is not in any way shape or form dislike directed at you personally.
SpectralTime

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects