Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/1

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:36 am

ok, thank you very much dood
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Katie » Thu May 24, 2012 2:25 am

Love the game :P it's a fun game
Katie
Newly Registered

Postby StarkePT » Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 am

See KITA? Even females are fans.
StarkePT

Postby KITAmaru » Fri May 25, 2012 2:48 am

Sorry about the slow responses, all. Been kind of busy with school and will probably continue to be for the next two weeks or so, but I should be good after that. Naturally, portraits are all done and I'm mainly working on smut writing. Gotta catch it while I'm in the mood, after all.

Tortugokamikaze-
Yes, I finally finished all of them. Back to writing some smut for now to finally finish some scene variations that I had CG's for but never bothered to actually implement. I know it's kinda silly for me to focus on erotic writing at this point without even having much of the maps/events done, buuut I gotta do it while the inspiration is there, else I miss it.

As far as the portraits go, I do apologize for some (yeah, Rhiannon/Irine mainly), but it's pretty much how I'll do things from now on. While there are some losses with the 'weirder' expressions, the general consensus is that overall, they do add to the experience and I've been getting this request for a little while now.

Kuragari-
Well, they were collected from pretty much all over the place, but if you want a great link to start in terms of RPGVX resources, check this thread:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=40872
Also, awesome! I'll take a look at it soon.

Schramm-
Welcome! Heh. I definitely recommend playing through again with at least one or two other characters just so you can see some of the differences I implemented--perhaps Lanie or Asella? Whoever else strikes your fancy, anyway.

Katie-
Thanks for playing, and of course, for posting on the thread! Always nice to hear encouragement.

For the new players, definitely check out the wiki at:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/ ... rinth_Wiki

StarkePT-
Hey! Sorry I've been out. But anyway, I see you've started your own project, and best of luck on it! Definitely would be nice to have other games around for staggered updates to keep the H-RPG players happy. :P Admittedly I haven't had the chance to really get a good look at it yet, but I'll give it a try this weekend.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby oni-san » Fri May 25, 2012 4:25 am

Interesting question; KITA, will you be putting in any easter eggs such as a character modeled expressly after yourself or some kind of pop culture references in here?
Current Project: None, really.
oni-san

Postby SpectralTime » Fri May 25, 2012 6:23 am

What do you mean, "will he?" He's already held a contest for people who can identify them! :D
SpectralTime

Postby If_You're_Into_It » Fri May 25, 2012 8:10 am

SpectralTime Wrote:What do you mean, "will he?" He's already held a contest for people who can identify them! :D

Whaaaaaaat? :O
If_You're_Into_It

Postby StarkePT » Fri May 25, 2012 8:27 am

SpectralTime Wrote:What do you mean, "will he?" He's already held a contest for people who can identify them! :D

Link, please, now.
StarkePT

Postby augustus63 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:12 pm

KITAmaru are you going to make a punishment for purity hitting 0?
augustus63
Newly Registered

Postby Kuragari » Sat May 26, 2012 1:19 am

KITAmaru Wrote:
Kuragari-
Well, they were collected from pretty much all over the place, but if you want a great link to start in terms of RPGVX resources, check this thread:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=40872
Also, awesome! I'll take a look at it soon.

thanks, on both counts. If you happen to notice anything I messed up with, please do not hesitate to point it out. I think I messed up the "good" side ending, and am still getting the hang of some things (I'm still having trouble figuring out how exactly to do autorun events, and I need to take a look at the variables tutorial chapter again so i can figure out how exaclty to do that stuff as well)
Kuragari

Postby Darthan » Sat May 26, 2012 7:09 am

Kuragari Wrote:Inspired slightly by this, and having finally figured out how the hell to work with RPG Maker VX, I made a short little game that has three-ish little...err...not sex scenes, more like sex dialogue, as I have no art skills nor do I know how to do what Kita does with 3D custom girl. EDIT:It should work now, though I can't be sure.
I leave you guys to figure out how to access them. Shouldn't be that hard on at least one of them.
Anyways, http://www.mediafire.com/?i64ac46hb6fq36p here's the game (horribly short rpg maker game, but I was mostly just following the tutorial and messing around with things.)

I appreciate criticism's on this while we wait for the next update of Kita's fine fine game (which I am quite enthusiastically and eagerly awaiting for. You go Kita!!!)

Interesting so far. Might I suggest that you turn on the stepping animation on on your flames so that they actually look like they are burning. Also, are you aware that you have made the game impossible to complete? The floor spikes on the second floor of the demon king's castle appear to have the event set as same as character instead of below character thus making them impassible and preventing further progress.

StarlePT Wrote:Link, please, now.

It was earlier in this thread, the winner, can't remember who it was, got to choose something they wanted Kita to add in the next update. This was quite awhile ago so the contest has been over for quite some time.
Darthan

Postby SpectralTime » Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 am

...In point of fact, that winner was me, thought the thing I requested hasn't been put in yet. On the other hand, the "closure" scene with the ghost I said I might like if I could was, so...
SpectralTime

Postby StarkePT » Sat May 26, 2012 4:47 pm

How many did you find?
StarkePT

Postby SpectralTime » Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 pm

He requested two musical references and one h-game reference. I found the guy in the bar singing "England Belongs to Me" and the goofy Sepharoth rip-off singing "One Winged Angel" in the chambers. Furthermore, although I laughed most heartily at the horse in the stall saying "Your resistance only makes my penis harder," I couldn't remember the name, so I went with the bunny chick in the bar asking "Do you like horny bunnies?"
SpectralTime

Postby KITAmaru » Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 pm

All-
Yep, I held that. Frankly, the request Spectral made was something I was gonna do anyway, so it's like... welp. Lol.
If I start to run out of ideas for H-scenes, or feel like taking more of the numerous suggestions thrown at me, I'll hold another. The "Your resistance only makes my penis harder" thing, while a meme in itself, is from Words Worth Gaiden, iirc. There are also quite a few other pop culture references, which I probably won't disclose just yet in the interest of a second contest. A character modeled expressly after myself... hah, I'm going to say no for now, but even if I did it'd be R63'd since there seems to be a suitable portrait I stumbled across during my RPGVX portrait hunts. I definitely like to make amusing references, all in all, but the Primary 8 characters probably won't be breaking the fourth too much.

Augustus-
Punishment for Purity hitting 0... see, that was part of the plan, but I think that even if I decide to do such a thing, I wouldn't do it until later. I know that some people just love to uh... grind away in the Chambers and it would be pretty bad to spoil their fun by just being like 'ohay, party's over... game over!' But yeah, hrm. I do have some temporary enslavement ideas, if that's what you're wondering about. We'll take a look.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Kuragari » Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 am

Darthan Wrote:
Interesting so far. Might I suggest that you turn on the stepping animation on on your flames so that they actually look like they are burning. Also, are you aware that you have made the game impossible to complete? The floor spikes on the second floor of the demon king's castle appear to have the event set as same as character instead of below character thus making them impassible and preventing further progress.

Huh, I thought it was possible to pass thru the spikes...That's gonna take a while to fix. Which sucks, as I'm currently working on a new RPG called Everwinter.

I'll likely have some time to fix it tuesday/wednesday, my days off work.
Kuragari

Postby StarkePT » Sun May 27, 2012 12:51 am

Estuan Interius Ira Vehementi was the most obvious, I laughed so hard when I saw that.

I guess you didn't check the Karate Kid or the South Park references.
Last edited by StarkePT on Sun May 27, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarkePT

Postby Darthan » Sun May 27, 2012 1:26 am

Huh, I thought it was possible to pass thru the spikes...That's gonna take a while to fix. Which sucks, as I'm currently working on a new RPG called Everwinter.

I'll likely have some time to fix it tuesday/wednesday, my days off work.[/quote]

It seems that the first one to the left is set properly, but the rest I looked at were wrong. Since the event activates when you touch it having it set to same as character stops you from moving onto the tile. If you set it to below character as the one is it activates when you step on the tile thus allowing you to pass once the event finishes running.
Darthan

Postby StarkePT » Sun May 27, 2012 1:53 am

Darthan Wrote:Huh, I thought it was possible to pass thru the spikes...That's gonna take a while to fix. Which sucks, as I'm currently working on a new RPG called Everwinter.

I'll likely have some time to fix it tuesday/wednesday, my days off work.

It seems that the first one to the left is set properly, but the rest I looked at were wrong. Since the event activates when you touch it having it set to same as character stops you from moving onto the tile. If you set it to below character as the one is it activates when you step on the tile thus allowing you to pass once the event finishes running.

You can easily fix that and yes, you can go through spikes if you want to make it.
StarkePT

Postby proxxie » Mon May 28, 2012 6:13 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:I do have some temporary enslavement ideas, if that's what you're wondering about. We'll take a look.

That sounds like it has some real possibilities. I hope you do something with that idea!
proxxie
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner