Harem c8m4 released Sep 6 2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem 0.5.1 released 4/17 (slavery, mind control, dark s

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Fixed
Last edited by StarkePT on Thu May 03, 2012 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarkePT

Postby Savyar » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

There is a fire in the room where one girl was assulted by a tentcle monster go towards the light :mrgreen:
Savyar

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Savyar Wrote:There is a fire in the room where one girl was assulted by a tentcle monster go towards the light :mrgreen:

Got it.

Just found out you can't unlock "burning breakfast" in the CG Gallery. Ouch.

EDIT 1: Oh nooo, when you play the Dark side of the playthrough their spells are more "offensive" which would be great if the AoE strength increase from Samantha wasn't gone :cry:

EDIT 2: Nevermind, got an AoE confuse, I can tell by Despair labyrinth this is OOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Last edited by StarkePT on Thu May 03, 2012 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
StarkePT

Postby BlueBody » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Really long list of comments from my playthrough. Keep in mind, this isn't a complete list of details that I've encountered. I will be back later with more feedback. Also, I haven't read through the thread, so there may be several duplicate issues that have been previously addressed.(I have an exam tomorrow afternoon, and should not be playing this, hence the rushed method of listing these concerns :? )

Alena's Brothel scene bugged, can't talk to her for it, shows instead the wrong one? "326 - Wathcing the rain" is unlocked instead of "Brothel 1". Also, the unlocked scene is viewable only in CG Mode, not in-game either. In-game Alena just freezes and twitches to face the main character when talking to her is attempted.

Terra can't quit her quest in Corsix for jurors; unless she's one that can't be skipped? left her for last, and she went without my choice anyways. No indication that her quest can't be skipped.

Alena and Rhea both can be in party while still whored out in brothel

On the Evil Path, after doing Samantha's quest in Corsix, the dancers in the brothel no long appear while the customers have the same reactions

On Good Path, the father sitting at the Inn in Corsix never shows up to begin with. However, the daughter will keep talking as if he's there. However, the father DOES show up on the Evil Path, at least while Donna is doing her Corsix quest anyways.

Jessica, 248/249 won't save. I'm pretty sure one of them is the Good Path with her proudly showing off the her former group her dedication after the trial in Corsix, and the other corresponds to the scene I saw on my Evil Path from taking her in front of her group in the bar after the trial. However, it never lets me view it in CG Mode, and it's only viewable it in-game.

Unsure why, but Alena in CG Mode has a "Tentacle Offering". I just want to confirm that's actually unlockable or not, since she didn't show up as an option when I was at that point. The options only went up to Angelica, but lacks anyone taken in after her.

CG Mode lacks the Main Character scenes with the Demon/Angel during the Corsix trial/quests.

In the description for Donna, it auto assumes that she's your first slave. I experimented getting Samantha first to see if it would make her more arrogant towards Donna, but nothing happens. It still assumes Donna was taken first.

If you lost to Sarah once, then Samantha will suggest 2 things: fighting in cave near shore or talking to Lex in fishing Village for poison. The cave doesn't matter, because Lex wants 1 of 2 things for the poison: Samantha for 2 days, or getting a rare item in the said cave on shore. When choosing to give him Samantha for 2 days, she still appears with you when picking up the necklace in the cave on the shore. Actually, choosing to give him Samantha doesn't seem to do anything at all. Also, it seems the intention was to choose to get the Tetra powder first, and THEN hand Samantha over. I was able to poison the drink without getting the Tetra poison from the cave.
=====Seems like you do EITHER one, and then all you have to do is go to village, choose to go in at night, and then go to NW house, poison the drink, and then go to inn to make it daytime. Then proceed to Sarah's store.
=====Problems: not clear, need more precise wording. When choosing to give Samantha to Lex, it seemed as if Lex was instructing helper to open the CAVE door, not Sarah's door. At this point, you wouldn't know who's door it is anyways, because there was no indication of which house was Sarah's anyways.
-----Also, it seems that if you try to open Sarah's door, it'll nullify you poisoning her drink, and it will not register during daytime. This lead to me getting stuck without being able to even fight Sarah, because the game kept telling me to go poison her drink at night, but it would also not let me go into the village at night time again.
***** However, loved the fact that you could find 10g from the church table's offering, enough for the Inn. Shows that the coders thought of the fact that you can't leave town beforehand.

When entering Terra's mind, if you say no the first time and then talk again to the priest, he just assumes you're returning. Dialogue here is inconsistent.
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby ker » Wed May 02, 2012 11:00 pm

rspc - I've done the background coding to let you rename the main character. Lots and lots of \n[1]s and NEVER /n[1]. Now I just have to remember to let you rename the character to begin with. I don't know of a way to tag save games like that, and not sure the feature is worth the risk of dinking around in core systems like that.

Initial trial slave is just a function of your path. Light path will start with Sarah, dark Samantha. Ditto for the girl who visits you in the mansion.

Cola - Thanks

Pyro - Harem has an odd ethos to it admittedly.

Starke - What it actually told you is that Phoebe knows an archeologist who might know something. And she knows him because he likes to hire her when she's whoring. Put her into the brothel, then go down the path south of the Cheli Village.
I had missed the switch toggle for burning breakfast, that will be fixed next version.

Blue - One hell of a list, thank you
-I can't see any bug with Alena's brothel sequence. If you could send me a save in the brothel with her I'll take a look.
-Terra's events during the trial is the primary motivator for the 0.6 questline, and must occur. It's also can't be failed, if the timer hits 0 it drops you into the park.
-Francis will remember to put his dancers back to work after Samatha finishes dancing. After the cleanup of course.
-The father won't leave his daughter to dine alone in the future. Wasn't actually path dependent, had to do with how Samantha joined. I think I started doing something, decided not to do it, but left the thing half done in the event. Odd.
-248/249 are properly coded, but can't saved into the CG mode because you can't save after it does, which is when the CG mode captures the switches. It'll be fixed by default for 0.6.
-The conditional for offering Alena was looking at the wrong switch. I'm going to gut that conditional chain and use a script for it instead. Should be fixed for 0.6
-Samantha suggests that you go and fight in the cave as an alternative to poisoning Sarah because it's full of weapons and gold. So you can gear up and make the next fight easier. I'll have to re-examine the coding there to see what's going wrong with the other options though.
-The priest tells you something now when you tell him that you're not ready.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby BlueBody » Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 pm

ker Wrote:-Terra's events during the trial is the primary motivator for the 0.6 questline, and must occur. It's also can't be failed, if the timer hits 0 it drops you into the park.

Actually, I've already tested a deliberate attempt to try and fail this, but nothing happened when I let the timer drop to 0:00. I had saved multiple times and waited until the time ran out. Not sure if everyone will be teleported into the park or not.

Ahahaha, see this addiction? I came back to check on this thread even though I'm studying. I'll be back tomorrow night (~12 hrs from now) with more feedback, hopefully.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby pyro32 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 am

ker Wrote:
Pyro - Harem has an odd ethos to it admittedly.

Hey, no sweat like I said it's a wicked game. btw, regarding the Terra 'park scene' I dunno if this was because I was "darkside" but Terra went straight to the park I didn't even get offered the opportunity to do trial side missions as her. Also, I hope Isabella and Danielle become recruit-able :)
pyro32

Postby BlueBody » Thu May 03, 2012 12:31 am

ker Wrote:I can't see any bug with Alena's brothel sequence. If you could send me a save in the brothel with her I'll take a look.

Did some looking, but unfortunately, I've already saved over it. The closest I can get you is the Evil Path ending save... would you somehow be able to verify it with that instead? I mean, I don't have a way to get back to Elowen in-game...
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby ker » Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 am

So a question for everyone.

With the way that 0.6 is being designed, it will work in a series of phases and be quite a bit more linear for the early parts then earlier versions. You won't get as much open world gameplay until considerably later in the content. But the benefit to that is I can do incremental releases of it. So say do 0.6a as phases 1-3, 0.6b is 4 and 5, 0.6c is a return to full open world again. But the earlier versions would be constrained. In 0.6a you'd only be able to do phases 1-3 and nothing else. 0.6b will be a bit more open, but still be locked into a map. And doing releases like this would slow down overall development a bit as there will be more time in testing phases.

I'm leaning toward releasing like that, but if anyone has any different opinions, let me know.

I am going to make a poll here for feedback as well.

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby BlueBody » Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 am

my personal choice is one big option. I like being teased with small portions, but I like having a completed game package feeling more.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby StarkePT » Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 am

I'm currently missing a dozen things in the galley, if anyone can be so kind to let me know how to get them, would be most appreciated. If you only know a handful, it will be appreciated anyway. Any scene that is not here I have it, so if you need it I can share the "how to" also.

Missing CG's:

Samantha
• Sexual healing
• Queen of the roost

Sarah
• She wants more
• Maybe she liked it

Terra
• Everyone wants some

Angelica
• Bonus: Great side effect (light)

Jessica
• Things that go bump in the night
• Taking what's yours

Rhea
• It feels different when you watch

Noemi
• I thought you only paid a whore before.
Last edited by StarkePT on Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
StarkePT

Postby BlueBody » Thu May 03, 2012 3:54 am

StarkePT Wrote:I'm currently missing a dozen things in the galley, if anyone can be so kind to let me know how to get them, would be most appreciated. If you only know a handful, it will be appreciated anyway. Any scene that is not here I have it, so if you need it I can share the "how to" also.

Missing CG's:

Donna:
• Burning Breakfast (glitched CG apparently)
• But they are for the weak Evil Path only, part of Donna's Corsix Trial quest. Talk to bartender at the brothel in Corsix.

Samantha
• Sexual healing
• Queen of the roost
• I will give it to you Evil Path only, part of the Corsix Trial scenes. I'm not sure you can miss it.
• The show they want (probably dark alignment?) Evil Path only, part of Samantha's Corsix Trial quest. Talk to first guy you see at the brothel in Corsix

Sarah
• She wants more
• Maybe she liked it

Terra
• Everyone wants some Evil Path only, Can't tell you more than that though, I don't remember. Sorry =/
• I thought that spell was unique Good Path only, part of Terra's Corsix Trial quest. Talk to Mage guy in the trial offices. It's in one of the cubicle office, and the Mage guy is looking into a crystal ball.

Angelica
• Doing what it takes Evil Path only, part of Angelica's Corsix Trial quest. Talk to arena-slaveowner you had met in West Corsix when he's at the brothel in Corsix. Not sure, but I think you have to be on friendly terms with the arena-slaveownerby going to the Inn 2nd floor to show Angelica off to him and have him discipline her before in West Corsix's inn 2nd floor.
• Bonus: Great side effect (light) Good Path only, Collect 10 Strange Fungus from fighting tentacle beasts in West Corsix' mines. Talk to Angelica in your Ancient Sand Fortress after the events in the West Corsix Mines.
• Bonus: There was supposed to be a waiver first (dark)

Jessica
• What are friends for Evil Path only, just do what you do to usually meet Jessica.
• Donnie? Who needs him Evil Path only, just do what you do to usually meet Jessica.
• Things that go bump in the night available on both Path, you have to had accepted the slave from Danielle during the Corsix Trial events, I think. Otherwise you get a scene with the bribe-slave from Danielle instead of this scene..
• Showing off Good Path only, just do what you do to usually meet Jessica. Also, be sure to get an Innocent Verdict at the Corsix Trial. currently glitched and can be seen in-game but NOT saved to CG Mode.
• Taking what's yours Evil Path only, just do what you do to usually meet Jessica. Also, be sure to get an Innocent Verdict at the Corsix Trial. currently glitched and can be seen in-game but NOT saved to CG Mode.

Rhea
• It feels different when you watch

Noemi
• Wait, why am I here? Not sure how you missed this. I think it's part of Main Storyline. To get through from West Corsix to Corsix, you have to pass a wall of fire. You get hints from Phoebe about a client from a dig-site south of Cheli village. Talk to Phoebe at the Elowen Brothel, and she points you to the dig-site and comes alone with you. At the digsite, you give both sisters to the Archaeologist as a bribe to get into the Dig-site Ruins.
• I thought you only paid a whore before.

Cecilia
• False pretenses available on both Paths, part of Cecilia's Corsix Trial quest. Talk to topless dancer in the northwest area in the brothel in Corsix. Depending on which Path you're on you get different text but the content is the same I believe.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby StarkePT » Thu May 03, 2012 4:00 am

Thanks for the huge help, will get at what you pointed out and will update above post.

But after I meet Jessica on the "Who needs Donny?" scene, I can't find her ever again.
StarkePT

Postby ker » Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 am

StarkePT Wrote:Thanks for the huge help, will get at what you pointed out and will update above post.

But after I meet Jessica on the "Who needs Donny?" scene, I can't find her ever again.

I got a bit fancy with the naming and didn't make it clear enough in the game. The area that you were just in is known as Western Corsix. Essentially where the miners live and all the dangerous supplies are kept. On the other side is Corsix. It's the first of the Ratan towns and that's where she's waiting for you. Well was waiting for you, things get a bit complicated as you enter. And it's still a bit more complicated to get in there. And then afterwards it gets really complicated.

Edit : Savyar is starting up a wiki for the game. You two should swing over there and do some updates if you feel like it!

ker

Postby killzone1012 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:11 am

got a question is there going to be a update on the walkthrough?? reason im asking is that im past the mining town and the main charector is in jail an i need to find people who can say es innocent if anyone done that already please let me know and also one more thing theres alot of spelling errors and this game is pretty awesome
killzone1012

Postby Exile » Thu May 03, 2012 8:16 am

Red.Sheer Wrote:
ker Wrote:Not especially. It wouldn't really fit with the plot nor is there any rational reason why the main character would use his slaves in that fashion.

But I'll work on updating the description of the game, I don't think that I've changed it since 0.2

This is a perfectly fine argument :D Actually I really like your emphasis on story, it really makes your game interesting. I might try it sometime, despite of the lack of 'likes' in there *gg*

@ Exile: Do you know which mod I was talking about? *gg*

Know it? Used to own it, but that was when I had a desktop, now on my Laptop and the whole disc was ruined in the process of a move >_< -sighs- so many fond memories of it too...heh.
Exile
Newly Registered

Postby StarkePT » Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm

killzone1012 Wrote:got a question is there going to be a update on the walkthrough?? reason im asking is that im past the mining town and the main charector is in jail an i need to find people who can say es innocent if anyone done that already please let me know and also one more thing theres alot of spelling errors and this game is pretty awesome

It's pretty easy if you listen to the characters when they come out of the house, it's also easy because when you get near the house the person you need to interact to is they will stop and say a little comment, you really can't miss those bro, I'm already a part of Despair Labyrinth's wiki team and wrote the entire walkthrough: http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/Walkthrough

I might make a walkthrough for this game if:
1) It has a high demand
2) I finish the whole game myself which obviously by what I've written four or five posts above, I didn't quite yet.

ker Wrote:
StarkePT Wrote:Thanks for the huge help, will get at what you pointed out and will update above post.

I got a bit fancy with the naming and didn't make it clear enough in the game. The area that you were just in is known as Western Corsix. Essentially where the miners live and all the dangerous supplies are kept. On the other side is Corsix. It's the first of the Ratan towns and that's where she's waiting for you. Well was waiting for you, things get a bit complicated as you enter. And it's still a bit more complicated to get in there. And then afterwards it gets really complicated.

Edit : Savyar is starting up a wiki for the game. You two should swing over there and do some updates if you feel like it!

That doesn't answer my question, where exactly IS SHE?

I currently barely have time to update the Despair Labyrinth Wiki as it is, but if I end up unlocking all the CG, I might give the Harem's Wiki a go, I only started working on the Dlaby Wiki (as some of you know) when I had a lot of knowledge and understanding of the game and it's mechanics, going to need some more time to get acquainted with this one but it's definitely something to think about.
StarkePT

Postby ker » Thu May 03, 2012 4:10 pm

StarkePT Wrote:That doesn't answer my question, where exactly IS SHE?

I currently barely have time to update the Despair Labyrinth Wiki as it is, but if I end up unlocking all the CG, I might give the Harem's Wiki a go, I only started working on the Dlaby Wiki (as some of you know) when I had a lot of knowledge and understanding of the game and it's mechanics, going to need some more time to get acquainted with this one but it's definitely something to think about.

Nowhere, she isn't on an accessible map. After that scene she's still part of the circle guild and they would get quite upset if you just walked up to them and said 'she's my slave now'. Well Tomas wouldn't, but the rest would.

Exact series of events: A few of these are off-camera events
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

You save Western Corsix, some of the miners clear the passageway while you attend the party (and to Jessica).
In the morning Jessica returns to the Circle guild who then go through the tunnels before you do.
Isabella places the circle guild under arrest and erects the flame barrier to give herself time to prepare for you. They get housed in the mansion next to yours.
She wasn't planning on you dispelling it, so by the time you enter Corsix she's only managed to steal Ulya's artifact and send a message to Danielle asking for advice. She doesn't get a response in time so just goes with her initial plan
The arrest and trial sequence.

ker

Postby Secretsense » Thu May 03, 2012 5:50 pm

ker Wrote:
StarkePT Wrote:That doesn't answer my question, where exactly IS SHE?

Nowhere, she isn't on an accessible map. After that scene she's still part of the circle guild and they would get quite upset if you just walked up to them and said 'she's my slave now'. Well Tomas wouldn't, but the rest would.

Exact series of events: A few of these are off-camera events
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

You save Western Corsix, some of the miners clear the passageway while you attend the party (and to Jessica).
In the morning Jessica returns to the Circle guild who then go through the tunnels before you do.
Isabella places the circle guild under arrest and erects the flame barrier to give herself time to prepare for you. They get housed in the mansion next to yours.
She wasn't planning on you dispelling it, so by the time you enter Corsix she's only managed to steal Ulya's artifact and send a message to Danielle asking for advice. She doesn't get a response in time so just goes with her initial plan
The arrest and trial sequence.

Sorry to trouble you on the actual post x
I sent a pm about the direct download, just wondering if you got it as my computer has a habit of hating me. Btw game looks i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e
Secretsense

Postby rizzatar » Thu May 03, 2012 10:25 pm

great game so far looking forward to updates
rizzatar

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects