Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/18) - HIATUS

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: MiM 'Mim Ae version' (XXX)

Postby Biles » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Well, I just re-exported the movie directly from that fla file of yours and apparently the lack of fonts definitely was killing the exporting process. I hope you'll bundle the needed fonts the next time. Also, can you bring back the quality control menu when right-clicking the flash?
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Apparently I was playing an old version. -.-

It all looks good. It's pretty unforgiving considering that integral blocks disappear as you use them, but I'm fine with it. There are suggestions to integrate this into Blargh's MiM(H), but I feel like depending on what you do with it, this game can stand on its own.

I am going to refer to them as MiM(H) and MiM(Ae) from now on.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Biles Wrote:The lack of fonts definitely was killing the exporting process

These fonts are an ancient problem. I'll bundle then next time. But be aware that these fonts amde the game need some tweaking in some text ballons, as some texts are not so smoothly set up. Playshapes used a bit of different fonts than the Mario and Luigi, and Abadi Condensed Bold (those me and Blargh use)
Biles Wrote:Can you bring back the quality control menu when right-clicking the flash?

Sure I should if it was a configurable setting, but it isnt. This quality setting is always operative in Flash. So if the quality control is not showing up there, see if the problem is the browser or the flash version. Here is fine.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:It all looks good

Thank you ;) I'm putting effort on it.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:It's pretty unforgiving considering that integral blocks disappear as you use them

What do you suggest? Hmmm more bricks exploding? In normal Mario games, the brick splits up to four pieces.

Zeus Kabob Wrote: There are suggestions to integrate this into Blargh's MiM(H)

I told him ;)

Zeus Kabob Wrote:I am going to refer to them as MiM(H) and MiM(Ae) from now on.

It's fine for me ;)
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:01 am

[quote=ivanaedler]
What do you suggest? Hmmm more bricks exploding? In normal Mario games, the brick splits up to four pieces.
[/quote]

Oh, I don't suggest anything. All I'm doing is remarking that it's difficult. I missed out on the Tanooki suit the first time through, and couldn't get up to the sky area next to the exit because the blocks didn't stick around. I think it's a fine touch, but it certainly makes the game tougher.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am

Yes, sure it will make the game tougher. But I assure you it will not be harder than Mario Lost Worlds ;) In order to make the game more enjoyable, there will be places that you will need to do things right. Sometimes it will be nice to lose a life (or a powerup) in order to earn, say, a tanooki suit. Even in normal Mario Games, if you are not quick enough, the life mushroom just goes away, or platforms fall forever, for example.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Blargh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:39 pm

ivanaedler Wrote:
Biles Wrote:The lack of fonts definitely was killing the exporting process
These fonts are an ancient problem. I'll bundle then next time. But be aware that these fonts amde the game need some tweaking in some text ballons, as some texts are not so smoothly set up. Playshapes used a bit of different fonts than the Mario and Luigi, and Bold.

Most of the text should be Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold (get it here: http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/download/file.php?id=5035). There's also some Estrangelo Edessa. >_> I tended to use Browallia New Bold for text before I finally got those fonts.
"Is that seriously the end of that story?"
Blargh

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 pm

I used the fonts :P It became a lot better, but still some glitches in some Morton and Peach text. Nothing hard to correct ;)

New update (0.8f)

[x] new jumping animation with better sound.
[x] better brick and coinbox detection
[x] new boob size: smaller (total of 6 sizes now!) In order to be 'more breasted' you need to catch big mushrooms. If Peach loses a life, she will lose these powerups as well. In the future, I am planning to reward Peach for being with those melons (maybe x2 x3 x4... score point gain when stomping or gathering coinbox, for example)
[x] fix of the 'foot breaking bricks' issue. Peach now has 3 collision areas. In the near future, she may stomp on goombas.
[x] some cosmetic changes to level 1 (like more goombas in better places).

I didnt have time to test 100%, so I apologize if any bug appears in.
(As I've found already: Peach doesnt lose the current powerup in certain enemies in second level, like fire wheel (she goes to the checkpoint directly, and with the same bob size - correct is to reset it), and she can climb the blocks near the Raccon Suit, if you insist jumpint there). Those are already fixed but will be posted later.
Also, I disabled WASD keys, but it will be in the next version.

(Fonts needed to compile is now into the bundle. If Flash asks for 'Arial Rounded MT Bold', use Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold. The others uses 'Mario and Luigi'.)
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Biles » Tue May 01, 2012 12:49 am

Well, to help you on bug report, here's one:

When Fire Peach jumps, her blonde hair shows up. oops :O
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue May 01, 2012 1:07 am

Thanks! Fixed Fire Power hair problem (to be shipped soon).

Also, an important problem was fixed. Peach was able to jump almost immediatelly if some blocks are next to one another, one higher than the other. So in a building of blocks with a pattern of 'block' - 'no block' - 'block' - 'no block'... she would climb to the top immediatelly. This was fixed now, but not shipped with latest release because I want to fix other bugs and put some features first. And I'm in the process of merging versions with Blargh. It should hasten development.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Shadow_Dynasty » Tue May 01, 2012 5:23 am

Great Job! I been watching this game, and I love these new improvements that you have made! here are some things i would like to suggest:

New Move Ideas:

-A ground pound move of some sort would be interesting to implement, I was was reading how you said something about jumping on the opponent as one of your ideas to stun them, why not have it so you can do a ground pound, where peach would immediately sit on the opponent's dick, this is just an idea though

-Running ability, so the flying raccoon suit has that authentic Mario feel

Minor details

-i think you need to work on the shading of Peach's breast, for some reason, to me they look like they are not really attached to her body, especially when they get bigger

- Not sure if this was suggested already but, ask Blargh if you can use the koopas

- I also think you may need to tone down the jumping ability when you have racoon suit, half the time i didn't know where i would land, but that's alright

Overall keep up the good work!
Shadow_Dynasty

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue May 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Shadow,
Shadow_Dynasty Wrote:-A ground pound move of some sort ... where peach would immediately sit on the opponent's dick, this is just an idea though

It should be interesting. I will put in my TO-DO list. But the stomping code should come first, as well as more levels, to increase diversity.

Shadow_Dynasty Wrote:-Running ability, so the flying raccoon suit has that authentic Mario feel

Its a idea I was warming up before. This requires a new animation scheme. Also, if I plan developing flying racoon, I will be doing it entirelly (pressing keys to let it fly and with a faster tail animation). It requires some time, so I will be in a later To-DO list, according to a developer time I have.

Shadow_Dynasty Wrote:-i think you need to work on the shading of Peach's breast

You say, those darker circles around her breats? Really, they start to get a bit annoying if you do play much attention to them. I'll see if I can improve that. Anyway, we see that, in enlargement pieces, we are not advised to use much shadowing (neither too much contrasted ones), as the shadow also grows.

Shadow_Dynasty Wrote:ask Blargh if you can use the koopas

I'll be doing a merge with his version (its better and advised). I could do the opposite too (see what I can use and improve from him), but each new feature he's implemented uses a better coding system which is incompatible with mine. Even bringing only the koopa will bring intrincate subclips with it, and it will crash and even destroy the code. I dont know if its possible for Blargh to reorganize code (without too much work) for a modular approach, that is, a koopa that can be used easier in other versions by creative authors without hassle. Sometimes, the additional work to convert those objecs to another version mechanics is so intense that its better to make from scratch.

More explanation below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Thats because of Flash limitations. You cant, for example, quickly assign replacement parts (in a given window of options, for example), to do it quickly and securelly. And more, you can't replace images and animations you want in all frames and other movie clips in just one click. No. You have to dig into each frame and swap each part. If the jumping system has 10 frames, for example, and Peach has 10 parts, you have to change 100 parts, clicking here and there! An example, Blargh created 'Head Cum' (a really nice addon) but this overwrites 'Head Forward', the version I use). Actually the new Head Forward are inside 'Head Cum', so I would need to change all frames which references Head Forward for Head Cum. There is no way (at least, with my current skill) to quickly change all references in a entire timeline.

Shadow_Dynasty Wrote: I also think you may need to tone down the jumping ability when you have racoon suit, half the time i didn't know where i would land, but that's alright

For sure the gravity may be ok, but the jump may be too high. In normal mario games, mario jumps the same height, except when running (he jumps a bit farther). Even in Mario Bros 3, he only jumps farther when 'P' bar are full.

Shadow_Dynasty Wrote:Overall keep up the good work!

Thank you. I'll strive to let the game better and better ^.^
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Untamed » Tue May 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Sorry to say this, but I'm disliking the block destruction, I keep trying to jump to the higher places but then end up accidently breaking the high ones I need to eventually stand on.

How about instead of having them break entirely, you make them slightly translucent but still solid, indicating that you've already "Broken" it but you can still stand on them
Untamed

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed May 02, 2012 2:57 am

Untamed Wrote:Sorry to say this, but I'm disliking the block destruction, I keep trying to jump to the higher places but then end up accidently breaking the high ones I need to eventually stand on. How about instead of having them break entirely, you make them slightly translucent but still solid, indicating that you've already "Broken" it but you can still stand on them

I understand and I see your point. Its really a thing that some may not like. The plans of the currect project is to resemble Mario series. In order to let the game easier, though, you need to jump on it two times in order to be truly destroyed. Following this block destruction design (awaited for many) is the golden blocks which transforms with coins when she stomps in the famous 'P' button. The reason to have destructive blocks in this game:

1) to harvest powerups
2) to search for the 'P' and then gain a lot of coins and discover new areas
3) to gain score points (in Mario games, +50 points). With Peach, a given score can give her a new situation or scene to overcome (or 'over cum' ;) ).
4) to open new access using racoon suit / turtle shells.
5) to make some places more special (you need to be careful in order to gain more prizes)
6) to stun a enemy (a given goomba, toad or koopaling could be upside down, for example, so Peach can fuck them 'better'). A feature to do in the future.
7) for fun (trust me, some really like them, maybe because of the sound they make).

If you made a mistake, you can restart the level (right button in flash window -> restart/rewind/replay). However, losing a life in the current engine does not restart it entirelly. I plan doing a total restart when Peach loses a life (like goombas being restasted and coinboxes, as well). Just like Mario games.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Shadow_Dynasty » Wed May 02, 2012 4:42 am

First i must say, thanks for replying me!

Second I would like to add on to the ground pound idea as said earlier, perhaps the ground pound could be use to destroy the blocks so you can get to a lower area or get to lower areas in general, that may help the raccoon suit, in its current high gravity situation

other suggestions i would like to make:

-Perhaps make those question mark boxes turn into those frowning faces after they are done being hit

-why not have the mushrooms come out of questions mark boxes in stead of regular blocks? did you want us to be surprised from where they might come up? if so thats not a bad idea!

-aren't there a koopas from a legend of krystal game that you can take from? i thought that was where Blargh got his, then again, sadly i don't know anything about flash so you may run into the same problem, and if so, i must apologize.

-just to point this out, when fire peach jumps the back of her hair is still blonde, and did you want it so her eyes were still blue? just wondering

put yeah, keep up the good work, i am really enjoying this version of MIM!
Shadow_Dynasty

Postby Shadow_Dynasty » Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 am

First I want to say, thank you for replying!

second i wanted to add on to what i said about the ground pound, you could use the sitting animation of Peach when she is being deep throated by a goomba. and perhaps use this ability so you can get down quicker, so in the case of the high gravity raccoon suit, you can get down quicker if flying to high. it could also destroy box/blocks quicker if you want to get down, like that area right before for you exit the first stage

I also wanted to point out that when you are fire Peach, when she jumps the back of her hair is still blonde, and i don't know if you wanted this way, but her eye are also still blue when she is in fire Princess mode

here are some other suggestions:

-have the question mark boxes or permanent boxes be those frowning faces boxes from the Mario games, to give it hat authentic feel.

- have the mushrooms come out of question mark boxes, or unless you want to surprise us than keep it the way as it is, either way its still pretty fun

- make it so you can't break the blocks/boxes by jumping on them twice; but have them break when you have the ground pound move implemented, it would give that real Mario feel to it

keep up the good work my friend! after all i think this may (it has potential to) be my favorite version of MIM!
Shadow_Dynasty

Postby Biles » Wed May 02, 2012 5:25 am

One quick aesthetic suggestion. Remember when you made a big stack of metal blocks to prevent Peach from being able to jump to the other side where the Tanuki suit is? Is it possible to turn those block invisible so that it wouldn't look visually intrusive? Also, I notice that Peach is in the forefront of the roof when she jumps up and down inside her castle.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 am

Biles Wrote:Is it possible to turn those block invisible so that it wouldn't look visually intrusive?

Yes, it is. The main goal of these blocks was to avoid Peach re-entering the castle in a situation that is impossible. However, I let the aesthetics to the second todo list. Anyway its quick to fix, and it will be invisible in the next update.

Biles Wrote: Also, I notice that Peach is in the forefront of the roof when she jumps up and down inside her castle.

This is the from the original Mim. When she is above this roof, like in the racoon suit area, Peach is supposed to walk there, so she is in front. But this create a problem when she walks belows that roof. I will think of a solution for that.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Battle-Jesus » Wed May 02, 2012 7:29 am

ivanaedler Wrote:This is the from the original Mim. When she is above this roof, like in the racoon suit area, Peach is supposed to walk there, so she is in front. But this create a problem when she walks belows that roof. I will think of a solution for that.

Here's an idea
Make the roof two symbols.
The bottom have is over Peach, the top half is Under

So when she jumps from under, she doesn't appear over
But when she walks on top, she is still on top of the roof.
Battle-Jesus

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Wed May 02, 2012 8:59 am

Is there a way to make the boobs smaller?
as in a way to get to the size smallest because the mushrooms only make them bigger
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects