Harem c8m4 released Sep 6 2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem 0.5.1 released 4/17 (slavery, mind control, dark s

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:46 am

Ah, very cool! I thought there'd essentially be an achievement API in place for the CGs, so your method is sort of save based.

Good system, though. I want to be able to unlock all the things!
Zeus Kabob

Postby ker » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:52 am

Added RG links for CG packs. Mostly just the images from the game, but .png format and higher res.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby simpop » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:07 am

im sorry im pretty new here... but i tried to download it using both link. but the second one say i miss a files. and first one i cant simply use to website :/ can you send the mediafire link to my email? mabye.. since you cant pm.. [email protected]..
simpop
Newly Registered

Postby Happenstache » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks for the help with my question Ker, I don't have PM privileges so I couldn't reply to your PM but I got the game working just fine, turned out I downloaded the wrong version of the RTP.

The game really is fantastic. It's rare to see such good writing along with genuinely appealing CG in a game with a well-paced story, I'm glad I decided to check it out. Even if it's a work in progress, it shows a remarkable level of polish. Well done.

A question about the light/dark mechanic. Are there consequences for playing a mixed campaign? I've noticed that in a lot of games, tending towards the middle locks out the benefits of "full light" or "full dark." Do red/blue decisions add points toward more red/blue benefits, scenes or story branches?

Also, I'm just curious, are you planning or considering a true 'harem ending' where you don't give any of the girls away and just keep them all for yourself? It seems like the obvious thing for a harem game, but then again the main character states pretty clearly that the girls are going to end up being auctioned off in the end.
Happenstache
Newly Registered

Postby Peschken » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:15 am

Ok, since I totally fucked up my sleep schedule, I hope I'm worth some answers.

1) Can you access the pictured locations yet, and if so, how? (Also, the light water on the west side of the main continent. North of the mage tower and the water you arrive in)

2) How do you get the Noemi Brothel Scene? By the time I get her in there, there is no more level ups for me to pick up. Maybe I'm just stupid, I dunno, but I have a maid fetish so this is vital.

3) Will there ever be a full CG walkthrough? I'm missing about 15 but can't find them.

4) Please turn on the random encounters at the end of the game again. I can't get aforementioned levelup needed in 2) because I don't encounter any orc patrols to find the camp (at least I think that gave me a levelup). Plus, one time I had to sell some of my stuff to get the 5000g for the archeologist guy because I couldn't farm any money.

5) Thank you for this awesome game
Attachments
tunnel in the orc cave.jpg
tunnel in the orc cave.jpg (97.07 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
south of the expedition site.jpg
south of the expedition site.jpg (133.93 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
north of the orc base.jpg
north of the orc base.jpg (129.15 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
left of the orc base.jpg
left of the orc base.jpg (126.04 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Peschken

Postby ker » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Simpop - I send you a PM with an alterntive link. You can't reply, but you can read it.

Pecs
1- No, No, that area is used in the second portion of the goblin/orc sidequest. You fight three battles and a village appears (or just step on the right tile if encounters are turned off). There is a known bug where if you finish the Corsix tunnels before completing the sidequests, you get stuck there. And the last island also is not part of any current content.
2- You have to time it right. Get her into the brothel before completing the tunnels so you get that last level up while she's in there.
3- Anyone is welcome to create a walkthrough to get each CG, but I will not be doing so. Talk to people here, see if anyone else has found out how to get them.
4- Encounter free is very much in beta states and I apologize if it breaks. But it might atm. You should be able to put Phoebe in the brothel and get a free pass though. If I understand my code right (which is not 100%) you should be able to do that at any time after seeing the flame blocking the passage.
5- Glad you enjoyed it.

Happen
1- Not a problem, it's a common mistake.
2- Light/Dark is essentially a toggle. A middle path would be interesting, but it would take more coding then what it adds to the game. Sometime in 0.6 you will get locked into the path you've chosen. There will still be choices, but they will be more flavor than decisive.
3- I don't discuss end-states. They would be massive spoilers if I did, and honestly I'm not 100% sure on exactly how the game will end yet. I have an idea for the plot-line, but between user feedback and the story telling itself to me, it changes frequently.

And a bit of self-promotion. Harem 0.5.1 went over 2000 downloads this morning! Considering that it's only been out for 11 days now, that's pretty impressive. Thank you all for playing!

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:07 am

I'm going to have to restate my earlier question: is there any way to toggle whether CG mode draws from light or dark mode?
Zeus Kabob

Postby ker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:I'm going to have to restate my earlier question: is there any way to toggle whether CG mode draws from light or dark mode?

Not currently. There's alot of small variation in the scenes based on prior experience. For example, when Sarah offers herself to the govenor to get you a brothel, he asks her how you got her to join, and it changes based on if you beat her in fair combat or poisoned her. But the switches that control that don't pass into the CG mode, so when I add the scene into CG mode, I have to decide which variant of the scene to use.

But I can put in a choice at the beginning of the scene in CG mode to set those switches. For the Terra tentacle example, I could simply have a light/dark choice in the beginning and then have it play out the scene based on how you choose. A bit of work, but doable. Let me know what scenes you'd really like to be able to view other variants and I'll add in the code. You wouldn't get the option until 0.6 though as I don't believe it justifies a debug/release cycle on its own.

But just let me know which scenes you want to be able to choose the variants and I'll code them in. And sorry I didn't answer your question initially, must of missed it. And please don't answer 'all'.

Edit : I've already added the Terra tentacle variants into the dev copy.

ker

Postby simpop » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 am

thanks for the link u sended me but this RGSS202E.Dll still missing for some reason?
simpop
Newly Registered

Postby Zodiark69 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 am

Some of the CG's are a pain to get, but that's the fun of it. Trying to figure out how to get them all. It's a challenge. Would be no fun if they were just handed to you, ya know? Oh, and Ker, I'm gonna shoot you a PM with a question about something.
Zodiark69

Postby ker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 am

Zodiark69 Wrote:Some of the CG's are a pain to get, but that's the fun of it. Trying to figure out how to get them all. It's a challenge. Would be no fun if they were just handed to you, ya know? Oh, and Ker, I'm gonna shoot you a PM with a question about something.

Oh, asking a slightly different question actually. You had mentioned that you had earned one version of the scene where you offer Terra to the tentacles but the CG mode showed a completely different variant of the scene. Have you noticed any other examples where the difference is noticeable and needs to be fixed?

ker

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:03 am

ker Wrote: And please don't answer 'all'.

AAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF THEMMMMMM

/Destroyer of worlds
Lucky777

Postby Red.Sheer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 am

(...)
Last edited by Red.Sheer on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby ker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 am

Red.Sheer Wrote:Would you mind posting a list of fetishes included in this game or some things you are planning to do?

I'm interested in this, yet I don't dig the plain slavery/rape theme. I would however considering capturing gals if I could introduce them to my livestock...

Hmm, weird standarts there :shock: XD

Well there are 150 different scenes in the game kinda hard to list them all. On the light path the rape and slavery isn't as strong, but still present. Mostly MvF in differing scenarios for every orifice. Bondage is a recurring theme, asphyxiation, lesbian, excessively strong orgasms, prostitution, and many others. There's no bestiality in the game (tentacles and orcs excluded), no loli, guro, yaoi, scat or anything I find personally disturbing.

ker

Postby ker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 am

Lucky777 Wrote:
ker Wrote: And please don't answer 'all'.

AAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF THEMMMMMM

/Destroyer of worlds

One of these days I'll find a forum with an 'ignore' button.

ker

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:30 am

Dat lucky... *rolleyes*

I didn't realize that there were that many variables associated with the scenes. I guess that's what made them so good.

I'd say if it's easy, have the CG gallery import the variables that you have when you unlock the scene. Since that's probably difficult, go ahead and choose which one you like best/is most fitting.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Happenstache » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 am

One thing I just noticed, it's super easy to sequence break with Phoebe. She was in two events before I officially met her. I know there was a piece of dialogue mentioning her village at some point when talking to the mayor, but I sort of forgot about it and moved straight on to Corsix. If you want the Phoebe intro sequence to come before the scenes she's in (the CG of moving into west Corsix, some of the Rhea stuff post-tournament at the fort) you might consider unlocking the fireplace exit only after she joins you.
Happenstache
Newly Registered

Postby ker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:07 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Dat lucky... *rolleyes*

I didn't realize that there were that many variables associated with the scenes. I guess that's what made them so good.

I'd say if it's easy, have the CG gallery import the variables that you have when you unlock the scene. Since that's probably difficult, go ahead and choose which one you like best/is most fitting.

It isn't easy. One it would have to make the script far more complex then it is to upload every relevant switch and variable and it wouldn't really address the issue. What if you poisoned Sarah in one walkthrough but fought her fair in the next. Which one should the script choose to playback? It works far better if I just pick an 'ideal' scene when I encode into the CG mode and then you all give me feedback when a scene needs to either be split into multiple unlocks or needs a choice series beforehand to keep immersion.

Edit : And red's question brings up a question for you all. What kind of tag should I put behind the release date for the thread title to best reflect the content of the game. No adjectives (ie awesome or excellent) but a few words that best describes what a player should expect while downloading the game. So they know vaguely what kind of content/fetishes this deals with.

ker

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

Meh, don't put them in the title. A more in-depth description in the thread body would be better.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Red.Sheer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am

(...)
Last edited by Red.Sheer on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects