Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Eterai Wrote:Wow... I am quite a special case(hah) then... This game sounds really fun too, i wanted to really play it.
So I just have to sit patiently and wait until there is an update and it is uploaded back onto the internet for me to play?

http://www.mediafire.com/?o5ij0hhnada8qbi

Hmm. Try this.
Lucky777

Postby Goldteddy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Books with lore in them!?
Interesting if i have to be honest, and if each character have a different taste in books, it will only give them more personallity.
And you're giving tips about Xanrud now!?
Maybe you just added them ^^?
Goldteddy

Postby alithanar8 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:25 am

I am a frequent lurker here, but after playing through Laby again (with Irine today), I feel I gotta say, I love this game. You have built such a colorful world here, I find it hard to stop on many occasions, even if I have seen the scene before I can't seem to find a stopping place. I feel its like a fulfillment of fanservice, most games offer barely clad girls running around but never show what happens to them if they lose, this game shows that in spades and makes the experience so much deeper. So thank you Kit, thank you for making a genuinely fun game that puts a majority of AAA titles to shame.
alithanar8

Postby StarkePT » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 am

alithanar8 Wrote:I am a frequent lurker here, but after playing through Laby again (with Irine today), I feel I gotta say, I love this game. You have built such a colorful world here, I find it hard to stop on many occasions, even if I have seen the scene before I can't seem to find a stopping place. I feel its like a fulfillment of fanservice, most games offer barely clad girls running around but never show what happens to them if they lose, this game shows that in spades and makes the experience so much deeper. So thank you Kit, thank you for making a genuinely fun game that puts a majority of AAA titles to shame.

That among many other reasons, is why so many of us are big fans of this game, it's really rich in content so sit by for the next patch!
StarkePT

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Alright, testing version OUT! Just gotta do one more H-scene. I might be kinda busy the next 2-3 days, but perhaps in around 8 days' time, we should finally be seeing a new public release for a patch.

As far as a gift pic, I'm not doing them for 150. I will, however, do a '200 hits' picture, if such a thing even happens. Looks like Thyme or Rhiannon is closest to it; my goodness, if either of those girls can get 200 fans, that would be quite an achievement.

alithanar-
Thanks for your support! Honestly, based on the RP's I've GM'd regarding the world of Despair Labyrinth, I only hope that the RPGVX incarnation does it justice. There's so much I want to put but at the same time, I also dug myself sort of a hole with all the personalization and what not--but I still have to do it, because seriously, each girl has a part to play in the story, believe it or not. Stay tuned and I'll be looking to make things even more interesting within the next several patches.

StarkePT-
Yeah, I have to thank you and moonblack for your consistent and amazing updates to the wiki, as well as all of my other contributors. Hopefully this patch can give you guys something to write about; if nothing else, you do have my permission to update the 'Lore' page with some of what you see in the 0.09 testing version with regards to the books in the smaller library (the one east of the officers' lounge). If you are just looking to get the wiki to check if you updated, it wouldn't hurt to add in a few facts here and there, one at a time, heh--up to you.
Also, I like the new sig / avatar! Hah.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby StarkePT » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:49 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Alright, testing version OUT! Just gotta do one more H-scene. I might be kinda busy the next 2-3 days, but perhaps in around 8 days' time, we should finally be seeing a new public release for a patch.

As far as a gift pic, I'm not doing them for 150. I will, however, do a '200 hits' picture, if such a thing even happens. Looks like Thyme or Rhiannon is closest to it; my goodness, if either of those girls can get 200 fans, that would be quite an achievement.

alithanar-
Thanks for your support! Honestly, based on the RP's I've GM'd regarding the world of Despair Labyrinth, I only hope that the RPGVX incarnation does it justice. There's so much I want to put but at the same time, I also dug myself sort of a hole with all the personalization and what not--but I still have to do it, because seriously, each girl has a part to play in the story, believe it or not. Stay tuned and I'll be looking to make things even more interesting within the next several patches.

StarkePT-
Yeah, I have to thank you and moonblack for your consistent and amazing updates to the wiki, as well as all of my other contributors. Hopefully this patch can give you guys something to write about; if nothing else, you do have my permission to update the 'Lore' page with some of what you see in the 0.09 testing version with regards to the books in the smaller library (the one east of the officers' lounge). If you are just looking to get the wiki to check if you updated, it wouldn't hurt to add in a few facts here and there, one at a time, heh--up to you.

Hahaha thanks chief!

Yes, I'll definitely going to take a large look at the wiki and revamp what I think it's necessary, about adding the library, WOW! So much content, I'll give the Lore a revamp and try to give it a richer background for the game, but my priority right now, is to re-write the walkthrough, do some spell checking and add A LOT of pictures.

After that, I'll probably read the whole library and every single book to the point of understanding, and furthermore update the Lore, but for some things related to some characters specifically, I'll wait until v0.09 is public released.

Hope you received the bug reports regarding that one special brown haired mister we know about.

Keep doing a great job!
StarkePT

Postby thodianed » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:45 am

Darthan Wrote:
thodianed Wrote:I'm having trouble getting the game to work. After I finally found the RGSS202e.dll file and moved it into the game folder it started saying RPGVX RPT is not found even though I have it downloaded and in the same folder as the game. Can someone please explain in depth for a simpleton with little to no computer knowledge like myself what I need to do to get the game working?

I am assuming that the problem is that the RTP is not installed. It is not just a file you stick in the folder to get the game to work it is a program that allows you you play RPGMaker VX games without having to purchase RPGMaker VX. Make sure that you install the RTP and you should be good to go.

Here's what I have done, I have the RPGVX ACE folder. I installed what it gave me, opened the RTP100 folder, went to setup and installed what was in the setup folder. It still says RPGVX RPT is not found. I even went into the enterbrain folder and copied the file's to the Dlaby0.08 folder and it still says it.
thodianed
Newly Registered

Postby Desuka Kira » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:00 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Alright, testing version OUT! Just gotta do one more H-scene. I might be kinda busy the next 2-3 days, but perhaps in around 8 days' time, we should finally be seeing a new public release for a patch.

alithanar-

StarkePT-

Kit, I did not recieve a testing version.
Desuka Kira

Postby coy47 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Damn those lucky beta testers damn them all :P
coy47

Postby StarkePT » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 pm

coy47 Wrote:

Beta testing involves a lot of hours and work put into the game, it's not just play and have fun.
StarkePT

Postby coy47 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:54 am

StarkePT Wrote:
coy47 Wrote:

Beta testing involves a lot of hours and work put into the game, it's not just play and have fun.

I have beta tested before you know I am aware of what being a beta tester entails...obviously I have never tested a HRPG maker game though :P usually MMOs although I do admire Kita's work as 3dCG maker is a bitch when making posers and finding the right back grounds and stuff...plus how some of the best slime/tentacle stuff requires toonshader which makes all your girls look awful
coy47

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 am

coy47-
Hehe, I figured it was tongue-in-cheek. But don't worry, the public patch should be out in due time. Besides, not being a tester means you get to see it in a complete version, without having to look at all my awful mistakes and stuff!
Also coy, you were the one who needed the 3DCG backgrounds right? I have a few BG's packed up for you in a ZIP (which I can send out tomorrow night, 'cause they're on my other comp) but I still can't find the exact name of the bar one. Kind of a big file as well.

Desuka Kira-
Sorry about that, must've crossed my mind. I will forward you a copy.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby killzone1012 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:16 am

0.o i want some 3dcg stuff?
killzone1012

Postby coy47 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:coy47-
Hehe, I figured it was tongue-in-cheek. But don't worry, the public patch should be out in due time. Besides, not being a tester means you get to see it in a complete version, without having to look at all my awful mistakes and stuff!
Also coy, you were the one who needed the 3DCG backgrounds right? I have a few BG's packed up for you in a ZIP (which I can send out tomorrow night, 'cause they're on my other comp) but I still can't find the exact name of the bar one. Kind of a big file as well.

Yeah its me but dont bother now my graphics card died in my laptop so it might as well wait till I get a new comp in august as I can now no longer render 3D in any form so 3DCG won't work
coy47

Postby StarkePT » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm

coy47 Wrote:I have beta tested before you know I am aware of what being a beta tester entails...obviously I have never tested a HRPG maker game though usually MMOs although I do admire Kita's work as 3dCG maker is a bitch when making posers and finding the right back grounds and stuff...plus how some of the best slime/tentacle stuff requires toonshader which makes all your girls look awful

Everyone has beta tested some game at some point, I'm currently in Eligium, Realm of the Titans, and D3 beta testing teams, but one thing is being in a game with let's say, one hundred thousand beta testers, and another is being in a team of 20 beta testers in which probably not all of them are competent (not pointing fingers, just statistically speaking), so you really have to test everything that comes through your mind, if it glitches, try to reproduce it more than once in a game which is in it's majority text!

Regarding the beta testers, some people just want a earlier preview period, it's bound to be beta testers who aren't actually "testing", they just want FAP material before everyone else, but for what I checked in the game not many glitches, so unless KITA plans to add something else to the game, I'd say that PROBABLY by the weekend you should have a version up and ready to play ;)

Again, this is just WHAT I THINK, not KITA's words or anything of the like, I don't know if he's adding more things! But what I can tell you is that it's going to be DEFINITELY worth it.
StarkePT

Postby coy47 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:01 pm

StarkePT Wrote:Regarding the beta testers, some people just want a earlier preview period, it's bound to be beta testers who aren't actually "testing", they just want FAP material before everyone else, but for what I checked in the game not many glitches, so unless KITA plans to add something else to the game, I'd say that PROBABLY by the weekend you should have a version up and ready to play ;)

Again, this is just WHAT I THINK, not KITA's words or anything of the like, I don't know if he's adding more things! But what I can tell you is that it's going to be DEFINITELY worth it.

aw the weekend damn it :P. And I guess most errors would either be spelling mistakes or in the RPG VX maker part but I assume that each girls path is based around if functions so deducing that fact in I guess that a lot of errors can happen there.
coy47

Postby Seyser Koze » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:08 pm

coy47 Wrote:
StarkePT Wrote:Regarding the beta testers, some people just want a earlier preview period, it's bound to be beta testers who aren't actually "testing", they just want FAP material before everyone else, but for what I checked in the game not many glitches, so unless KITA plans to add something else to the game, I'd say that PROBABLY by the weekend you should have a version up and ready to play ;)

aw the weekend damn it :P. And I guess most errors would either be spelling mistakes or in the RPG VX maker part but I assume that each girls path is based around if functions so deducing that fact in I guess that a lot of errors can happen there.

Also things like the game crashing because of a script conflict, the game freezing because one event tried to move through another one, the game freezing because an event you've added to an old area now interferes with events that were already there, objects being inaccessible because they have the wrong priority, event pages being completely ignored because their priorities weren't set correctly, combat never ending because the enemy's scripted instant-kill move didn't happen when it was supposed to, etc. etc. etc.
Seyser Koze

Postby ajvill303 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 am

um.. for some reason the game wont start up for me
ajvill303
Newly Registered

Postby coy47 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm

coy47 Wrote:

Yeah its me but dont bother now my graphics card died in my laptop so it might as well wait till I get a new comp in august as I can now no longer render 3D in any form so 3DCG won't work

actually you can go for it i got my 3d driver working again after a long battle with it...wooo good times
coy47

Postby redgod » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:51 am

Desuka Kira-
Sorry about that, must've crossed my mind. I will forward you a copy.

Please post the backgrounds with a public link! I really, really, really want the bar one, and I don't mind digging through what you've got if it's in there. The backgrounds are what are holding me back on my little project, which I've moved from VX to XP lately.

It's really hard when all the background content I find in the huge mega packs and torents is modern day stuff. :(

Looking forward to the next DL release as well! :D
redgod

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner