Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby Eterai » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:47 am

Lucky777 Wrote:I do NOT have a ready answer.
As a matter of fact, I've never heard of anything like that in mah life.
Worse yet, the all-inclusive file HAS, unfortunately, currently been removed for violation of mediafire's terms of service, so you're in a tight spot until that gets remedied.

Wow... I am quite a special case(hah) then... This game sounds really fun too, i wanted to really play it.
So I just have to sit patiently and wait until there is an update and it is uploaded back onto the internet for me to play?
Feed me souls. Souls or bacon!
Eterai

Postby Eterai » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 am

Lucky777 Wrote:SOUR about pissing off that actual fencer.

Eterai Wrote:I feel like an idiot asking this, but is there something specific I am supposed to do to play this game?
I downloaded the RPG Maker, I have downloaded a bunch of other games on this site, But this one will not seem to work for me, when I try to open the file or do anything with it, for some reason it opens up Internet Explorer(Of all things, THIS!) and redownloads the game in an infinite cycle... I spent 5 hours trying different methods to open, unzip, play or whatever! Nothing I do works, and only for this game on the entire site... :(

I do NOT have a ready answer.
As a matter of fact, I've never heard of anything like that in mah life.
Worse yet, the all-inclusive file HAS, unfortunately, currently been removed for violation of mediafire's terms of service, so you're in a tight spot until that gets remedied.

Wow... I am quite a special case(hah) then... This game sounds really fun too, i wanted to really play it.
So I just have to sit patiently and wait until there is an update and it is uploaded back onto the internet for me to play?
Eterai

Postby Zodiark69 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:52 am

Been awhile since I've posted on here, but I'm eagerly awaiting the test version, so that way, I'll know what happens next! :D I can't wait! One of the best, that's for sure. Hopefully, no bugs will appear in this version.
Zodiark69

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 am

Eterai Wrote:I feel like an idiot asking this, but is there something specific I am supposed to do to play this game?
I downloaded the RPG Maker, I have downloaded a bunch of other games on this site, But this one will not seem to work for me, when I try to open the file or do anything with it, for some reason it opens up Internet Explorer(Of all things, THIS!) and redownloads the game in an infinite cycle... I spent 5 hours trying different methods to open, unzip, play or whatever! Nothing I do works, and only for this game on the entire site... :(

Ohh this...

I know what tihs error is, it has something to do with it being set to open in internet explorer (most likely on accident)

I remember when I had a brain fart and set all executables to open up in internet explorer so it kept trying to download what I was opening instead of opening it... (especially a pain since I accidentally restarted my computer without fixing it...)

Umm, lets see...

Try restoring default settings for how files are accessed. My guess is that if its only happening with this one, than its the file that's been somehow set to open up in IE. So if you can tell it to open with "Windows Explorer" instead of IE, it should work properly.

My question is thus: Is it the -game- that's doing it, or the "installer?"

Also: The game is great, can't wait for the new update, like the teasers, but I don't want to be a beta tester (The extra wait is worth having less bugs!)
Grape_Drink

Postby alfaBonk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 pm

I've enjoyed a lot of games on this site, but I had to make an account here because of this one :D

I've had a lot of fun with DLaby and you deserve at least some applause for the work you've put in on it, and I'm eagerly awaiting future updates.

The only critique I can come up with for the game is that the Purity mechanic tends to "lock out" the player. Okay, we may all know that you're just gonna keep hitting the 'slutty' button, but when that button is taken away, it means the player is no longer involved. Without the means to actually choose the protagonist's actions, the player loses the sense of connection with her (or sense of control over, depending on your kink I suppose). If I could hack one thing into the game, it would be to insure that there would always be at least two choices available, regardless of Purity.

Anyhow, thanks for the game! I'm looking forward to more :)
alfaBonk

Postby JackalMask » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:33 pm

SpectralTime Wrote:Aww... poor Flashback Rhiannion. Another traumatic memory?

Looks to me like she was given something unknown to drink at the bar that her body just couldn't handle.
JackalMask

Postby Eterai » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Grape_Drink Wrote:My question is thus: Is it the -game- that's doing it, or the "installer?"

It is the game that did it, but even the installer was strange, unlike the other games when I install them and the game icon looks like a horse, the DLady has the icon of my internet browser. :/
I tried opening it with the RPG Maker but it kept opening folder after folder without any final program to choose from.
I could not find any solution to this myself, but I guess now I just have to wait until the game is up again for download to retry...
Eterai

Postby redgod » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 am

JackalMask Wrote:

Looks to me like she was given something unknown to drink at the bar that her body just couldn't handle.

Looks like it's going fun places anyway.... :twisted:
redgod

Postby killzone1012 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 am

JackalMask Wrote:

ooo whats this im hearing??
killzone1012

Postby killzone1012 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:46 am

ooo and we should do something about that clown dude think ittl be interesting to do something with him and those things in the room with him to what do you guys think??
killzone1012

Postby Firesong » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:36 pm

i don't think i've read a single post in this thread besides the OP despite the fact that i've been "playing" this game for a while, so someone has probably said this before but...

xanrud is really difficult ):
awkward that i have about a minute and thirty seconds to grind enough for me to be able to beat him while still saving gwyn :/
Firesong

Postby Desuka Kira » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Firesong Wrote:i don't think i've read a single post in this thread besides the OP despite the fact that i've been "playing" this game for a while, so someone has probably said this before but...

awkward that i have about a minute and thirty seconds to grind enough for me to be able to beat him while still saving gwyn :/

I didn't find him difficult, though it'll be more or less difficult depending on the character you chose.

As Asella, I was able to beat him with relative ease (~5 potion uses) at lvl 7, though it required a considerably higher lvl (~10) for the spellcaster girls.
Desuka Kira

Postby JackalMask » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Desuka Kira Wrote:
Firesong Wrote:i don't think i've read a single post in this thread besides the OP despite the fact that i've been "playing" this game for a while, so someone has probably said this before but...

I didn't find him difficult, though it'll be more or less difficult depending on the character you chose.

As Asella, I was able to beat him with relative ease (~5 potion uses) at lvl 7, though it required a considerably higher lvl (~10) for the spellcaster girls.

Xanrud's not hard at all, just make sure you're a high enough lvl, have potions and some advice, if you're using a character that has an attack which confuses the enemy use often.
JackalMask

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Go get beaten by him, the timer doesn't continue after you reach on time once. Then you can grind until you're level 99 if you want. (Spoilers, it's far from necessary.)
Lucky777

Postby Firesong » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:11 pm

on my last playthrough as lanie it took me loads of potions (literally like 15). even then i only just beat him, even though every turn that i wasn't using items, i was using that crazy fire attack that i forget the name of.
i'm playing as rhiannon atm and things are a little easier because i have much more health buuuut the blindness from his sand throw didn't really affect lanie at all but rhiannon can't land a single attack. i don't think i am a very high level as either girl though.
however, it's nice to know i have all the time in the world to buy panaceas (or whatever heals blindness) and level up a bit
Firesong

Postby Darthan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Firesong Wrote:on my last playthrough as lanie it took me loads of potions (literally like 15). even then i only just beat him, even though every turn that i wasn't using items, i was using that crazy fire attack that i forget the name of.
i'm playing as rhiannon atm and things are a little easier because i have much more health buuuut the blindness from his sand throw didn't really affect lanie at all but rhiannon can't land a single attack. i don't think i am a very high level as either girl though.
however, it's nice to know i have all the time in the world to buy panaceas (or whatever heals blindness) and level up a bit

Lanie has the hardest time in this battle in my opinion because of her low def, low hp, and lack of any kind of disabling ability.
As far as Rhiannon goes she is actually one of the easier chars to win the battle with, here is a tip, equip the warrior bracelet that you find in one of the chests near the spearman that tells you how to find Xanrud.
Darthan

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Fufu. Alright, done with the CG's for one generic scene (a whopping average of 22 per character, wtf... so that's about 176 CG's total for one scene). Gotta work on the other and I think the testers might actually have something before the weekend.
As for the clown dude... hah. I want to hold off just a wee bit longer, just to troll people, but he WILL go in eventually. I'm thinking he might quiz people on what's in the books, which would likely be appropriate for next patch. Just letting you know though, I have no appropriate 3DCG model for him, so you'd have to just deal with the regular transparent guy.
Hint: Xanrud is weak against Lightning and Water.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 pm

...22 cgs for one scene?

Hahahahahahaha, what the fuck.

This sounds exceedingly epic.
Lucky777

Postby StarkePT » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:34 am

Kita, going to need the patch notes if you can mail them to [email protected] so I can update the Wiki, thanks.
StarkePT

Postby moonblack » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 am

The notes for version 0.07 are still available in the first post, so I added them. Can't help with the notes for the older versions.
moonblack

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner